Just got an old hp pavillion palmed off to me so i decided to throw arch on it and use it here when im at home on the...

Just got an old hp pavillion palmed off to me so i decided to throw arch on it and use it here when im at home on the weekend. (I work away from home). The install was uneventful and everything works fine. One thing i have noticed though compared to my main laptop (which runs a different rolling release OS), is the updates just keep coming. If i only use this once a week or two, will the large amounts of updating in one hit break the OS?

Attached: 51372189_144874863196762_2687421372878009198_n.jpg (1080x1349, 136K)

>updates bricking an os
The absolute state of linuxcucks

Feel free to hang yourself, disgusting tranny lover.

I have heard its possible with arch.
I have heard its possible with win 10 too.

OP is a faggot

Damn you mad.

that is a MAN

Does she have a penis?

OP here.
Chances are its very possible.
Possibly bigger than mine.

Unlike your other "rolling release" arch is actually rolling. It's difficult to explain to you because so many plebs think any form of regular patchset is rolling. The trick to all, actually rolling release cycle distros, is to check the website every time you "pacman -Syu" and to remember that if it isn't broken and update won't fix it; you have to be proactive in understanding your system and update only if you percieve a breakage or there's a security flaw that has been discovered. Outside of the previous, install mandingo or get off a rolling distro and stop complaining about how arch is for "people with no time" in 3 weeks when you drop it for tumbleweed again.

I bet you are vocal on the forums. You seem typical of the toxic holier than thou morons that frequent it. Its no wonder people here hate your kind.

Arch will break, not because it uses rolling releases but because pacman is a piece of shit developed by retards. Go with Gentoo if you're going to use a rolling distro (why would you want to is the question?)

Who is the meat hole?

Not touching my arch install with gaymes until Summer, so I'm gonna have a lot of updates, but when I was using it I had probably 100 or so updates per week.

Only scrubs and developers post on the forums, I know how to fix a "broken arch install" without needing to reinstall everything so the paddling pool isn't necessary for me anymore.

>installs Arch and doesn't plan on updating at LEAST once a week
>with that picture
absolutely disgusting, install debian if you want something stable

damn she looks manlier than i do

Holy shit how about you re read my post before answering with all of the assumptions. As a matter of fact fuck off you know nothing.
I have seen the forums and man you are right.
I just might give it a go. Arch was a piece of piss i imagine Gentoo wouldnt be much harder.
Fuck knows.

I actually use Slackware current on my main laptop.

>I installed arch
>all these updates keep coming!
I'll make it easy then, you fail to understand arch linux and rolling release.
If you take my tone as aggressive, I don't mind, however if you reject my underlying message of "you need to learn how to use arch before using arch as a power user" then you are the one who can get fucked because you are beyond help.
And unlike you, I actually tried.

No one cares about your Arch superiority faggot. Your OS is a pile of meme shit maintained by low IQ losers who spend their lives engaging in edit wars on a fucking wiki.

Several of the horses I have led to water do better than you, actually try to better yourself before calling other people the problem.

OP here holy shit its like you think you are the second coming or something.
Imagine thinking of yourself like this.

cute girl tbqh

OP is a very cute man, would fuck

no

>once a week
nothing wrong with that