>while(1)
>doesn’t know any alternatives to busy waiting
>if(var==true) instead of if(var)
>useless verbose code in general
>using ruby, Scala, Java, or any other meme language
>coding bootcamp
>”why do I need to learn math in CS”
>never utilizes true algorithms
>3 or more nested for loops(honestly even 2 is pushing it unless absolutely necessary)
>”why do I need to learn assembly language I can just use python instead”
>has not taken any applied CS classes
>most C”S” classes taken were just programming intros
>”no I haven’t ever programmed a microprocessor in C(or lower)”
>doesn’t understand difference between kernel and OS
>spends over 50% of their time doing web”””dev”””
>never used a BSD system
>can’t into recursion
>can’t into space/time algorithm analysis
>can’t into the electric/electronic/physics side of computing
>took an elective on web development in college(if web dev was actually required you went to a brainlet school)

I could go on forever

Attached: B66491EC-362D-4854-878C-858DD076C848.png (214x235, 5K)

>I could go on forever
About whomst'd've?

> I could go on forever

please do

>can’t into binary/hex
>uses overkill IDE
>never read any documentation ever, instead relies on stackoverflow
>musheen lernding

>has trouble with linear algebra

Picture is correct, kilo means 1000. 1024 bytes = 1KiB(kibibyte).

I wonder if you have a job lol

>tfw can do all things OP is talking about properly but still flunked out of uni by not doing work
>tfe got put on academic probation despite getting a 3.2 by doing my work in my last semester (1.8 overall)
>tfw smart but not a hard worker

Quick, we need an inexpensive way to build a ten-state flip-flop, also known as a flip-flop-flap-flep-flup-floop-fleep-floup-flaip-floap, so that normies can understand computing.

A byte would then be ten bits instead of eight bits, and store ten billion different values. A single bit could be used to address another bit within a byte.

A kilobyte, then, would really be a thousand bytes, and could be indexed with only three bits. A megabyte could be indexed with six bits, a gigabyte with nine. A single byte could be used to index ten gigabytes.

Oh boo hoo.
Work harder

Did i say >tfw i didnt get spoonfed my degree? No, cause im not a fag like you

>Did i say >tfw i didnt get spoonfed my degree?
Yeah, pretty much.

>browses Jow Forums
>has an HP

Attached: 8205CE75-9829-4D23-950F-6B036FFD1087.jpg (691x828, 75K)

Redpill me on why this is bad

Use normal quotation marks if you don't want to bother using the appropriate ones on both sides, don't just use the right quotation mark everywhere like a retard.

On a tech oriented board, really any quotation marks other than the neutral ones are already inappropriate, even if they're on the correct sides.

>Jow Forums
>dunning-kruger: the boardv2.0

>HP
>absolute shell of what it was, most laptops completely suck and have a weird tendacy to slow down even after a total reset. Only the most expensive HP laptops are decent. Go with acer or thinkpad if you want a respectable device even at low to mid price points.

This is about readability so you don't overlook shit in code review
Especially with
(var==false) instead of (!var)

September and it's already college freshmen everywhere

Attached: 1567362472147.jpg (540x772, 52K)

normies usually don't even understand that with 10 10-value bits one could store 10^10 rather than 10*10 different values
depending on the languages definition of equality and truthiness, (var==true) and (var) might differ in their behavior for some values of var

>>while(1)

What is break?
Being this brainlet

Attached: image.jpg (540x600, 65K)

!!! is your friend, user.

is this brainlet?
import os
# setting the kind of directory separator depending on the os
if os.name == 'nt':
slash = '\\'
else:
slash = '/'

>tfw did this while working on my kernel at 5 AM

Doesn't matter, recent OSes accept both

Oh look another forever unemployed programming nitpick autism thread.

No, it isn't. b is for bits, B for Bytes.

just use /, windows accepts it 90% of the time

or more nested for loops
lets see how you iterate over a 3-dimensional array then

1KB is 1000 bytes, 1 Kibibyte is 1024

that's the thing, I wrote a whole shitty 80 line script where I was using that slash in f strings like faggot
like this
os.listdir(f'~{slash}.config{slash}poop')

for (size_t pos = 0; pos < height * width * depth; ++pos)
{
/* ... */
}

protip: os.path.join('~', '.config', 'poop')

>tfw it's just as slow but requires to flatten the array first, making it in fact slower

>flatten the array first
There's no need to not have it flattened always.

>slower
You obviously don't know how pointers work. An array of pointers to an array of pointers to an array of values, means that every look up is at least two memory indirections, and also requires multiple allocations and frees. Whereas a single flattened array is a single allocation and free, and requires no indirection.

>nested for loops
you might be surprised to learn that some of the most efficient matrix multiplication algorithms utilize even more than 3 for loops
I think this is a case of you thinking you're hot shit after 3 years in a CS degree. Stop shitposting on Jow Forums and keep learning instead you faggot.

>flatten the array first
It's trivial to calculate x y and z from an index you moron.

Attached: brainlet-1.png (543x443, 24K)

>his language doesn't have a Path.DirectorySeperatorChar

Yeah, but this brainlet probably makes more than you and enjoys life because he's not an asocial nerd who codes all day.

I'd much rather be a brainlet business analyst with a life then a "genius" programmer who sleeps alone at night

I've done
if(condition)
return true;
return false;

before, and for some reason I thought it was clever because I didn't use an else.
Shit happens when you're tired.

>I don't know what the words "cache" and "spatial locality" mean.

See You should always use a flattened array, but in the case you don't, it's not exactly hard to avoid three nested loops.

there is literally zero difference with modern pipelining and speculative execution.

1kb=1000bits

>I could go on forever
You could, but you could also have sex. None of that nitpicky shit matters

Now that's an interface I would sniff packets from.

1kb = 1024 bits
1kbit = 1000 bits

Yes, use
os.path.split(fullpath)
os.path.join(path, filename)

>it's not exactly hard to avoid three nested loops.
yeah but why would you, if you have 3 bounding ranges to iterate over in a 3 dimensional array, the best way to do it is
for x0 to x1
for y0 to y1
for z0 to z1

No
1 Kb = 1 kilobit = 1000 bits
1 KB = 1 kilobyte = 1000 bytes
1 Kib = 1 kibibit = 1024 (2^10) bits
1 KiB = 1 kibibyte = 1024 bytes
Microsoft however uses "kilo-" instead of "kibi-" (and "mega instead of mebi and so on), which is why when you buy a 16 GB MicroSD and you open it in windows it says that it's 16,000,000 bytes - 16 Giga (10^9) Bytes - and 14,9 "Giga" (but really Gibi, 2^30) bytes.

Attached: file.png (170x20, 1K)

>16,000,000 bytes
I meant 16,000,000,000

Advanced linear algebra is non trivial.

Infinite loops aren't a problem if your logic to break them is decent enough

>You're a brainlet if you don't know literally everything

Attached: 1566456404571.png (818x525, 19K)

something wrong about the image?

while (1) is less self explanatory than for (;;) (because you can read it as "for (ever)" as a pneumonic), which is in turn less self explanatory than while (true). you should use one of the latter two when setting up a loop whose terminating condition is somewhere inside the block

It was originally posted by a PyTard that was "trying to print vectors" and didn't understand what was going on.

I'm not a programmer so I don't feel bad asking what's the problem with nested loops and how would you avoid it? Is it something gay like breaking everything out into functions and passing shit back and forth

The problem with nested loops is that they're slow. The solution is to store your application data in a database, thus offloading iterative boilerplate to a system that's already designed to largely optimize it out by forming and exploiting associative connections (rather than serial) between the data you've stored.

>>while(1)
What wrong with it?

>requestsauce(yes)

>while(1)
This is a perfectly acceptable construction in C.
>doesn’t know any alternatives to busy waiting
A valid complaint, although I would note that JavaScript doesn't quite have a blocking sleep.
Generally unnecessary bullshit, I'll agree.
>useless verbose code in general
Considering that verbose code is sometimes necessary, your statement is uselessly verbose. It's just useless code that should be avoided.
>using ruby, Scala, Java, or any other meme language
Some people do more productive work in these languages. As long as it's acceptable for the requirements of the task, what's the problem?
>coding bootcamp
They seem to be enough for some jobs, though I can't say they churn out the best programmers.
>never utilizes true algorithms
What do you consider a "true" algorithm?
>3 or more nested for loops(honestly even 2 is pushing it unless absolutely necessary)
You use what is necessary for the algorithm you are implementing.
>”why do I need to learn assembly language I can just use python instead”
>has not taken any applied CS classes
>most C”S” classes taken were just programming intros
>”no I haven’t ever programmed a microprocessor in C(or lower)”
>doesn’t understand difference between kernel and OS
Faults of education, really.
>spends over 50% of their time doing web”””dev”””
Web applications are kind of a big part of the industry these days though.
>never used a BSD system
To be fair, most things you'd want to use a BSD system for, Linux is good enough.
>can’t into recursion
>can’t into space/time algorithm analysis
Faults of education, again.
>can’t into the electric/electronic/physics side of computing
Not a part of computer science. Electrical enegineering is its own specialization.
>took an elective on web development in college(if web dev was actually required you went to a brainlet school)
Or the school recognized that you would likely be doing webdev at work.

Not gonna lie, var is more readable than var==true, and !var is more readable than var==false

>not using pathlib

This in the end op is still stupid anyway real smart people work on hard problems instead of complaining on some anime site about people not knowing obscure shit that they know