/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming build skeletons and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to non-technically assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>AAA or multiplatform games: Radeon card appropriate for your montior
>PC centric games, VR games, or ray tracing: Nvidia card appropriate for your display
>Used RX 570s can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p 16:9
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1366049107494.jpg (1632x1224, 343K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/fkKDCb
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/vhbHfH
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/kmspico-official-thread.65739/
amazon.fr/SAPPHIRE-Nitro-Radeon-5700-GDDR6/dp/B07XGV3FL3/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=5700 xt&qid=1568189916&s=gateway&sr=8-2
newegg.com/evga-geforce-rtx-2070-super-08g-p4-3172-kr/p/N82E16814487454
newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-2070-super-dual-rtx2070s-o8g-evo/p/N82E16814126332
newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-2070-super-rtx-2070-super-ventus-oc/p/N82E16814137438
newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-super-gv-n207swf3oc-8gd/p/N82E16814932213
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bvfo57/list_of_b350_b450_x370_and_x470_motherboards_with/
amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is this the fucking reasons gpus have retarded prices now?
>virtual money
reminds me of mmo bots trading ingame cash for money

Why are these so cheap? And why is the 2TB version so much more expensive?

Attached: 170.png (1453x473, 213K)

I'm trying to figure out the best airflow for my case. It has three fan mounts at the top, two mounts in the front, and one in the back. The PSU is bottom mounted with a hole for the PSU fan. I'm mostly stuck on the top three fans. I was thinking of making the one closes to the front an intake fan. The other two next to my 212 EVO could be exhaust. But should the middle fan be an intake too? Or maybe nothing at all. Don't wanna choke the heatsink.

Attached: airflow.png (640x480, 175K)

Asking another user's question from last thread:
Which of these monitors should I get?
>27GL850
>VG27AQ
>PX7 Prime
>AD27QD

Seems like the Asus is cheaper than the others, but I heard LG has better QC.

Planning to upgrade my monitor and gpu but can't buy both at the same time so wondering which one I should prioritize first. Current gpu is an RX 570 which I plan to bump to a 5700 XT once the custom card prices normalize. Monitor I'm using is an old 24" lcd monitor with an ips panel which I'm planning to replace with a 144hz 1440p ips monitor.

thoughts

pcpartpicker.com/list/fkKDCb

i think my motherboard is dead. it's a ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ and over the years has gotten many bad reviews (didn't seem to be any when i ordered). I've been having problems with the pc not starting/shutting down after 20min. thought the power supply was dying, had one die a year ago. but i've tried a new one, taken out nearly every component and seen if it would work normally without it, still nothing.

is there a way i can confirm the motherboard is the problem? if i buy a new one will my OS load as normal or will i need to format? i might go AMD if that's the way i have to go

Attached: 1506352349298.jpg (1004x1152, 169K)

Lul. Do you now see where we are? Do you now see that a corrupt game of global-power-balancing has led us to the point that any currency not backed by mathematical proof-of-scarcity (for now?) is treated as garbage?

We gave the women and the idiot proles the vote. We did everything possible (and then some) in the name of egalite. Now we suffer the consequences.

>know basically nothing about what hardware is good and which isn't
>use guides here and benchmarks to throw together a temp build on part picker to get a general idea about prices
>see something a decent chunk better but slightly more expensive for almost everything (e.g. $20 for double the storage)
>pick it
>final tally is about 50% over budget
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

>Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT arriving in mail today
Finally; I waited so long... 6 years of the same GPU.
Farewell GTX 770, you served me well and never caused any problems. Soon you'll get to rest, soon... Then I'll ship you off to Latvia to my poor NEET friend so he can deal the killing blow.

Good case without window and the RGB faggotry? Just good quality and good fans

>not having a spare BIOS chip with a copy of the original BIOS to solder on in the event that the card dies so hard that you can't flash the old BIOS back
A brainlet, you are, as I said.

Bad, especially in that ambient temp.

How is that cheap? That's overpriced as fuck.
You're actually blind if you can't find faster drives for a lower price.

It's difficult to confirm the motherboard is the problem. you'd need a different PSU and CPU for it.

Just making things slightly better with 30% cost increases shouldn't increase it to 50%.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/fkKDCb
>$40 for the wraith max
just get a 3600 instead
>2400MHz RAM
3200 is pretty much the same price
>a400
what the FUCK are you doing
>blower xt
uhh
>that case
>SF PSU in ATX case
okay all these fuck ups have to be bait. That's the only explanation.

Crypto mining hasn't been relevant on gpus for some time now.
Nvidia simply lake completion at the high end

Which is better mobo out of the x570 aorus elite and the x470 gaming 7 wifi?

You're on Jow Forums. You're one of the proles.

two in front, one in back, two on top. you don't need anything more.

Meshify S2 or Meshify C if you want a slightly cheaper model with a few less features (no type C usb being a major one).

24MK430H-B
Ryzen 5 2600 + stock wraith fan
XFX RX 580 8GB
Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8) DDR4 16GB CL15
ADATA SX8200 Pro 512GB (NVMe-ssd)
Crucial MX500 1TB (SATA-ssd)
LG CD/DVD reader
MSI X470 Gaming Plus
Corsair CX650M (bronze)
G-fire 017 CASE
fans: 1 front intake + 1 side intake + 1 rear exhaust + 1 top exhaust

What do you guys think?
Hit me with your best shot.
And should I move the rear exhaust fan to the top?

Yeah, but should the top fans be intake or exhaust? And which of the three should be filled?

exhaust, fill the front one

Any recommendations for a good, reasonably priced pair of wired headphones, preferably with noise cancellation. Also wouldn't mind a microphone as long as the quality isn't fucked.

If the front top fan were exhaust, it wouldn't really be exhausting anything except cool air from the intake and it'd choke the heatsink.

Are you in Brazil with that meme case?

I'm also upgrading from a 770 to a 5700xt breddy soon. Havent decided on the exact card tho

2 front intake, 1 rear & 2/top exhaust. It's literally how 99.999% of people build their case & fan config. There's no reason to change away from it.

woops, forgot to mention the memory is 3000mhz

ok
yes

Yes.

Audio Technica ATH-AD700x and get a separate mic.

>Gabinete
kek

Attached: gabinete-gamer-g-fire-017-compativel-com-water-cooler-D_NQ_NP_573121-MLB20717070739_052016-F.jpg (900x900, 160K)

So basically what I have pictured here? I'm mostly curious about the front top fan and if I should leave it blank or make it intake. It seems wise to have the back two fans be exhaust, but I'm not sure if the front top fan being intake will create an adverse effect like some odd convection current.

>Audio Technica ATH-AD700x
Anything under 100?

Like everyone said, there is no need for the top front intake, and im assuming the bottom intake is psu.

The crappier it looks, the better. Makes it less likely to be stolen by any fellow niggers.

Attached: gabinete.jpg (728x683, 84K)

Audio Technica AUD ATHWS55BRD

>and im assuming the bottom intake is psu
Yeah that's right. Anyways, I guess I'll just pop out the top front fan then and save it for when one of them fail.

Yes minus that one at the top that is intaking. you could remove it or make it an exhaust.

What goes into type C usb nowadays?

Right now I have all three on the top as exhaust, but I'm probably gonna pop the top front one out because I'm pretty sure it's just blowing out cool air from the intake. That's my theory anyways. I'm no physicist.

>You're actually blind if you can't find faster drives for a lower price.

>Sabrent
>ADATA
>Silicon Power

Yeah, no

VR headsets, but DisplayPort adapters exist for those.

Phones for the most part. Some keyboards & mice. A few external drives.

Should I just buy a Windows key from ebay? I don't feel like fucking around with Chinese malware.

Should I preorder the LG 27GL850 monitor now or wait for Black Friday?
Not sure if this specific monitor will have deals anytime soon

It great but you can wait. There's other alternatives that may be on sale.

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/vhbHfH
Upgrading from old 2nd gen intel i5 system. Keeping GPU r9 290x for the time being, will probably grab an rx 5700 in a few months. Overall wanting new case/psu and primary system. Keeping existing storage (2xssd/2xhdd). Should I drop to 3200mhz ram or is 3600 still the sweet spot for Ryzen 3rd gen? Also sticking with a 650w psu as current one has had 0 issue running system (Corsair HX 650w) (i5 2500k at 4.5Ghz/2 ssds/2hdds/4 case fans/r9 290x) but is long in the tooth age-wise (had since 2010 so due to capacitor aging might not have much longer life). I was considering a r5 3600 but think a r7 3700x may be worth it for the 2 more cores/4 threads available.

What other 1440p 1ms free sync alternatives should I look out for? I choose the LG monitor since I want good color no flickering too.

If you don't absolutely need it now I'd try to wait for a sale. Even outside of Black Friday I think Amazon and such will occasionally have minor sales. Not sure if monitors ever get a price drop in general, my guess is not really except really old shit.

Ditch the meme case.

Trying to decide what 5700 to get, the price difference between a reference and a new cooler design is minimal

reference is $396
MSI is $402
XFX is $411

Reference XT is $440
HIS XT is $458
MSI XT is $469 (nice)

Is it worth it to spend an extra $50 on a reference XT? I'm assuming the non reference coolers are better for sound mostly, it will be crammed into a microATX case if that's relevent

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/kmspico-official-thread.65739/

HOLY FUCK
GET IT NOW
amazon.fr/SAPPHIRE-Nitro-Radeon-5700-GDDR6/dp/B07XGV3FL3/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=5700 xt&qid=1568189916&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Which of these are better?
>newegg.com/evga-geforce-rtx-2070-super-08g-p4-3172-kr/p/N82E16814487454
>newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-2070-super-dual-rtx2070s-o8g-evo/p/N82E16814126332
>newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-2070-super-rtx-2070-super-ventus-oc/p/N82E16814137438
>newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-super-gv-n207swf3oc-8gd/p/N82E16814932213

>ref link

I'm so fucking lazy that I refuse to sign up for this.

I got the Zotac cuz I'm a scrub.

Asus then EVGA then Gigabyte then MSI.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:E954AB6B5A93071E8F1A41C509E77F35A50B1B11&dn=KMSpico_v10.2.0&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2finferno.demonoid.ooo%3a3392%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fmgtracker.org%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.com%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.blackunicorn.xyz%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce

Is the Zotac any different from a reference card?
Thanks. I was leaning towards Asus myself.

Alternative is HWIDGEN

To be paired with an AMD 3600
5700XT for $446
5700 for $396

I'll be getting a reference style cooler because i'm building in an mATX style case and the blower style apparently works better in those cases

Are AM4 2nd generation motherboards compatible with 3rd generation AM4 chips out of the box?

Is the thermal paste that comes with a dark rock pro 4 or noctua d15 better than arctic silver 5?

I heard 5700 is somehow more tolerable with its blower cooler. Also it depends on the overall design of the case, if you have space under the card you can get a decent airflow.

D15 comes with NT-H1 which is better than the other two. Silver 5 is a little bit better than what comes with the dark rock. On the whole the differences will marginal. If you're buying a D15 then just use the H1, for anything else I'd get a Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut tube.

Holy FUCK chinks have z170 boards pre-flashed to z370 for less than $50.
That's it I'm going i5 9400f. Maybe selling that r7 2700 was the right choice after all.

I need a GPU with no 6 or 8 pin connector solely for encoding purposes with OBS, what can I use? I know the GT1030 has no encoder
AMD or Nvidia is fine
It is for a Mac Pro and I already use both ports to power my actual GPU

No. Only X570s are compatible out of the box. These 2nd gen mobos can update the BIOS without a 1st or 2nd gen Ryzen: reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bvfo57/list_of_b350_b450_x370_and_x470_motherboards_with/
Otherwise you'll have to get AMD to loan you one (seriously): amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

Rx5700xt thicc II for 449€ or rx5700 red devil for 469€? I was thinking about flashing the red devil's bios into an 5700xt, but im not too sure about it.
Help me out here Jow Forums, im not really sure which is a better deal.

I want to know if I made a mistake getting a 2700x instead of a 3600.

Attached: th.jpg (474x474, 22K)

Mining won't go anywhere, the 'delay' may be many years or longer.
Stop being bitter about mining and rather embrace it and use the card as an investment and use it for mining yourself while idle. You'll get your money back in a few years.
Use water cooling if noise becomes an issue. If you keep your card under 70C, it will be just fine. Gaming is much more harmful for the card because of oscillations of heat caused expansion. I have been mining since 2016, keep them cool and dust-free. I haven't noticed any loss of performance (I have reused many cards for personal use) and 0 warranty cases.
Mining is a blessing in disguise.

What parts should you avoid buying used? I've heard bad things about used GPU's due to miners fucking up cards then dumping them.

>Gaming is much more harmful for the card because of oscillations of heat caused expansion
Warframe killed my potato graphics card. I mentioned it in the /vg/ thread and someone else said it happened to them too.

How good is 9400F for VR? Or is an 4.1/4.2 oc 2600 better?

Also whats the cheapest gpu that gives good VR peformance? 1660/ti? 5700?

Gigabyte's card seems good, as does red devil and Sapphire's pulse. I'm not so sure about the other power color cards as well as MSi's cards... They seem like they'd be loud or have heat issues.

I heard it outperforms the 3600 by a notch. I don't know anything about the pricing.

Don’t fall for the shills who are always saying “ just $X more gets you something much better”

If you keep going with that mindset it will never end. Companies intentionally create their price tiers to stimulate this psychological response and consumers fall for it.

Set your budget before even picking anything and stick to it

Why the fuck are there no mATX ryzen3000 motherboards?

Should I get a ryzen 2000 series motherboard that can be bios updated without a 2000 series cpu?

UMPCs that sound like a vacuum but have some 15W chip in them like a 3500U fucking when

Pulse version

evga by far since they have top notch customer service and you can extend the warranty to 10 years for a small fee on their website

Help

Mining gpus are actually fine.
Mining psus are way worse.

gpus, psus. those are the big two.

It has shiny shit all over the place.
Do pic related or a sleeper or whatever the ones with the really old cases are called

Attached: 1558227533883.jpg (1024x576, 74K)

If you have a monitor that can benefit from the few extra fps, sure.

PSU and maybe RAM I guess.
Everything else should be fine if you look carefully , the seller offers proper information and you have some kind of buyer protection (eg. ebay)

Is the Samsung 860 Evo really worth the bigger price tag over similar TLC SSDs?

What's better for video editing?
1. 2700x + rtx2060 / rx5700
2. 3700x + gtx 1660 ti
3. 3900x + gtx 1050
Is going all CPU a good decision or there are some benefits from using a decent GPU?
Most of work is gonna be done in Premiere and Avid software

What's a good brand for rx 580???

Sapphire

I can't stoop lower or else I gotta give up front vents, top vents.
Those "office" pc cases are designed with zero consideration for cooling.

evga

Sapphire's Nitro+ 1340/1400MHz stock dual bios

>inb4 de_dust
finally solved the cable management (this psu has shitload of cables and the case has 0 space)

asking (again): what is your audio solution? I'd like a balance between gaming and music listening. My headphones are only 32ohm, so I guess I don't need a particularily powerful amp

I'm getting a AMD 3700x. When looking for RAM, there are some "AMD Ryzen 2 tuned" chips. These are 20 euro more expensive. The clock rate and latency is the same. Is there any advantage to the tuner RAM, or is it just a meme?

I'm talking about the CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 and CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 specifically.

thankyou, this is honestly nutty, why is mATX kind of going away?