Why don't wintoddlers and iToddlers enjoy freedom?

Why don't wintoddlers and iToddlers enjoy freedom?

Attached: UnevenUnsightlyAlligatorgar-max-1mb.gif (240x180, 542K)

because ༻༺
curly mustache

We do.
To piss freetards off.

I got windows free with my notebook.
Sounds free to me

Attached: tenor.gif (320x180, 528K)

They do enjoy freedom. That's why they the fuck away from the Linux walled garden.
Seriously fuck the repos being the only decent way to get software.

what is a source based distro though?

Nobody cares. They only care if they can click the download button and then click the icon to install.
Anything else is limiting to the user and hence less freedom.
Even if technically they can obtain that level of freedom on Linux, the unfree want thier chains unlocked, not to be tossed a fucking lockpick and told to figure it out.

both nix and portage have graphical interfaces that literally have a download button

And that affects the vast majority of Linux software how exactly?

Also portage is another walled garden

>can build custom packages not in the official portage tree
>can change packages to literally the maximum
>the definition of flexibility

>walled garden
yeah sure thing bud

>More repos with limited software selection
Thought we were talking about freedom and all you offer is confinement!

Its a repo. That is and will always be confinement! We want freedom! All you offer are walled gardens and workarounds! Why won't GNU/Linux respect the freedom of the user? Why can the user not get thier software from wherever they please like they can on windows and macOS? Why must you confine and control the user?
We cannot be free when you control us.

they can though
you can install any linux compatible program on any linux system
the developper always provides a way to install their software wether it be downloading something like an appimage, downloading from a repo or compiling from source
You're straight up lying, repos are very handy but they not mandatory

They're mandatory. There is no alternative. Unless you wish to be shackled to the chains of the command line another assault of the users freedom to install as they wish.
Flatpacks may one day grant freedom but the evil package manager and repos are nothing but vile controlling captivity for the user.
THE ONLY FREEDOM I KNOW IS THE FREEDOM TO INSTALL WHATEVER I WANT HOWEVER I WANT!
The difference between the loathsome windows store and the vile repo is the windows store is optional. A garden is fine when I have the rest of the world. You offer only gardens but isolate me from the world.
The command line is but the lock you use to hold me back. It is the users shackles. You hold my freedom hostage in the name of security sir!

>Compiling from source
Now you blatantly enslave me! You are truly sadistic in nature that you would make me work in such a way for a simple program! Is this an operating system or a goddamned labour camp?

you're wrong about windows too
I remmeber back when I used windows , I wanted to install this game still in beta called gicantic throught the standard exe method. Except I couldn't because it's a windows store exclusive
I would love to install photoshop through the normal way but I have to install it through creative cloud
I would love to install games from the epic store through steam but I can't
wow typing make install is very hard and limiting indeed.A ctually copy pasting make install from the dev's website is very hard I should say

I cannot be free with GNU Linux until my software can be found via websites downloaded and a simple exe style icon clicked to install. Anything else is a farce!
Freedom means the freedom to completely fuck my system up. Freedom is risky. Freedom is messy. Freedom is oftentimes wasteful.

Indeed those too are examples of vile anti freedom practices and should be opposed and abolished!
Glad you agree those are unreasonable things to ask of users.

When everything is flatpacks and exe files not confined to repos and stores...then the user is free. Everything else is but a method of restriction!

except in gnu/linux it is not enslavement because the developper truly tries to bring you as much ways to install as possible
asking for a very specific setup method and a complex graphical one even is enslaving the developper. You're not for freedom at that point because you don't respect the dev's freedom
Using the command line allows many options and not at the expense of the developper that offers the software for no charge most of the time. On windows you are paying for these services so it's your right to demand them. In linux you're not so you have no right to say it's violating your freedom when it's clearly not

Yeah if the developer does not care about the user why should the user not hate them? Whether they be repo slavers or Adobe gulags if they refuse our freedom they should not be given an ounce of respect!
And yes the command line is to restrict me. It is to limit me and confine me. If I must memorize, or puzzle over how to unlock my chains I am not free. When I can accomplish in an unrestrained fashion I am free. Those who want puzzles and locks may have them but if they are forced upon the unwilling that is not liberty.

So I can assume also any challenge you face in life is only to restrict and hinder you as a person and you think your goverment should just give you free money and solve all your issues and get you a partner without you having to work in return?

You know there are graphical package managers right?
You know you dont have to just use the command line forever right?

i wanna fuking laugh cause its so fuking retarded that it's funny

Attached: 1547541480801.png (771x1875, 295K)