C-f boosts

>C-f boosts
>no results
I thought this was a technology board : tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3000-boost-frequency-bios-fix-agesa,40359.html
it seems the boosts are fixed, from what I understood of the analysis he's made, the firmware would spike-throttle the CPU's as soon as they hit the temp limit instead of allowing more time for fans to speed up and control the temperature without throttling
seems logical, and explains why seemingly non-deterministic behavior was being observed with the same cpu across tests, the throttling is simply too sensitive
post cute anime girls and discuss.

Attached: Screenshot_20190911-102539.jpg (1080x1339, 432K)

Intel fangirls are too busy trying to spin their latest security flaw as a good thing

Pretty much this. These CVs are only going to keep pouring out as all the speedhacks of the entire core series is picked apart with due diligence.

How many fucking CVs is it gonna take for the intards to finally admit nobody should even get near their pozzed dumpster fire swiss cheese CPUs?

Attached: 685x960.jpeg.4789671bbe5b459eaac99777e4148423_.jpg (685x960, 64K)

op here, discuss the fucking boosts or stay in your pozzed threads, stop derailing

>Ryzen CPUs weren't hitting advertised boosts
>AMD announces a BIOS update to address the problem
What more do you want?

personal experiences? opinions about the nature of the issue? there was a lot going on with different manufacturers implementations, etc..
(and cute anime girls)

After the squeaky creaky launch of Ryzen 1 I chose to just get a 2000 to spare myself the chore of bios fiddling and whatnot and expected exactly that to happen with 3000.

I knew I'll get myself a Ryzen 4000 with all the kinks ironed out even before 3000 released.

AMD users never cared about it in the first place. And Intel shills simply ignore any positive news about AMD.
That said, I am pretty sure this update pumps up voltages for no good reason and it's actually bad for users.

but user fucking with the voltage didn't give better boosts before
I think it's fun either way, I've been following zen since the beginning and I still don't own one
I'll probably have to get one soon enough when my Xeon hits P4 era performance in virtualization

obsessed

ooo boy been waitin for this

>Ryzen 3000 release date July 7th
>Sep 11th and still no functioning BIOS
What a joke. And don't get me started on intel who have been backdoored more times than your mother

the bios functions fine .. it's just gay men tards shutting themselves over being 50mhz under advertised boots
even when it hits the clocks preliminary testing shows almost no significant performance bump

Attached: incel-npc.png (807x745, 173K)

Sounds good, probably going to upgrade to a Zen2 here soon
Currently using a 1700x, but it already does everything I need just fine.
But my x370 board did get a bios update for Zen2 so I should just be able to stick with it.

Mine doesnt function?
Well shit I've been using my system with Ryzen 3000 and an x570 board all this time without knowing it didnt work.

So when are they going to fix this shit?

Attached: bullshit.jpg (1485x349, 157K)

why did you come to this thread?

>amd

Attached: jqrAdZfcU6.png (847x828, 1.15M)

reminder that PBO and any overclocking is not covered by warranty

Attached: OCBrm6Lwxi.png (1080x218, 317K)

unironically works on my machine desu senpai, RX5700xt 3440x1440@100hz freesync

based brainlet

The issue pops up more when OC
To raise a concern

Attached: 6J57vixwrS.png (324x309, 208K)

Attached: 1553680402787.jpg (979x861, 232K)