Attached: file.png (400x400, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

restoreprivacy.com/cyberghost/
facebook.com
wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslPeekAndSplice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NordVPN is the apple of vpns
Over priced and still useless

they'll still rat you out to the feds at the drop of a hat.

>paying for a vpn in the first place
openVPN is the true red pill

basically this

They are fucking useless, they will still hand your info to the FBI when they get the gun to their head. You are not safe from DMCA notices.

They are nothing more then another ISP. Only good if you want to escape the communist countries like China and for torrent.

Best VPN for reading lolikon doujins?

Good if your jew isp caught you torrenting. Granted I'm a tech idiot and would drop it at the drop of a that if someone could tell my retard ass what runs better and is more private.

>needing a VPN for lolicon
what fucking cuckstate are you living in

>You are not safe from DMCA notices
I've never gotten a letter
I've never shown up on a list
Do you have any proof to back up that statement?

mullvad

>I've never shown up on a list
That's what THEY want you to think

New York
But I'm paranoid

They all sell your data. That's the only way for them to stay competitive.
At least get a private server that you can control yourself

Bait. They all act like HTTPS doesn't exist, to sell pointless encryption for people who absolutely don't need it.

>HTTPS protects your data
nordVPN (and basically every VPN promoted by a youtuber) is a trap but come on dude

Attached: 1568123975652.png (550x530, 129K)

>HTTPs is secure
jesus, read an intro to pentesting or something like that.
Your ISP can read everything that passes through. Certs are not secure, you dumb fuck.

*tips thinfoil hat*

t. get nordVPN now at nordVPN dot com forwardslash shillfaggot

you wanna get the lowdown ?
alright.

The only thing that stops a mitm attack is your os comparing the cert of the source with the roots he has.
Your ISP has access to all the official certs, they can swap the key and cert during handshake and from there on read the traffic.

what about cyberghost ? i paid 30 bucks for a year , got plenty of torrents safely

They are extremely shady with ties to Intelligence and malware

restoreprivacy.com/cyberghost/

Wait what? I'm not the guy who asked, but wouldn't this throw an untrusted cert warning/error?

imagine having to pay money to protect your privacy

Is this website trustworthy then? Should I just go with express?

Express is good but a tad expensive. CryptoStorm,AirVPN, and Mullvad are on par or better and much cheaper

I'll make a note of those, thanks

Truly, it's a clown world.

Or rather, it's a world where the average consumer can't be arsed to set up their own damn VPN and decide to shill out cash for some imaginary safety they'll never really benefit from

Soon it will be illegal to stop the government from being able to see everything you're doing

They keep logs on you so they don't go to jail for distributing CP and drugs.

It's the ultimate Man in the Middle.

Vultr, AWS, Azure or whatever the fuck you want,
if you have win7 use strong swan and bounce it through two more VPSes with ssh
If you don't have win7 you can use OpenVPN/WireGuard.
Do it yourself and you get experience for when you want to browse ptg.

Certs validate that the website is who they say they are and encrypts data entered into the website, but it doesn't fully encrypt your network activity. Without a VPN, someone can see I'm going to facebook.com but they can't sniff my credentials that i enter. With a VPN, they'll just see encrypted traffic's to/from my device and (I think maybe) the end node of my VPN server.

They're not traps, they're honest VPNS.
The problem is VPN tech is the lowest difficulty of access for a private individual so what they are, are ripoffs.

>for torrent.
Nope, mein Neger. In Switzerland, torrenting is legal.
t. Bittorrent boomer

Yes, that user is talking crap.
Your ISP certainly doesn't have the signing keys of any CA. If they did and that was public, those certificates would immediately be revoked everywhere and the CA would end like Symantec: Thrown out of every trust store there is.

source: dude trust me

Meant to say https, not http....

It would. This guy has no idea what he's talking about.

I pirate lots of shit on nordvpn and have never gotten caught. They claim to keep no logs of your browsing. Although the fact that I see their commercials on TV makes me nervous about how much money they're making.

unless you installed their shitty software that added a trusted cert to or you're in a corp/uni env or something. then you get to deal with fun things like SSL bump
wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslPeekAndSplice

I wish I didn't buy long ass NordVPN subscription.
Their servers randomly die and you need to look up a new recommended one occasionally.
They also dropped L2TP/IPsec and PPTP support which mean I need to reflash my router now.

source: common sense

Torrenting is legal everywhere though?
Unless some retard government starts banning anything that enables reliable file transfers.

We could read the other post just fine, no need to repeat it.

It's what you torrent though.

if you get the longterm plan it's like two bucks a month, i'd hardly call that over priced.

their business model is to be able to say they do the exact opposite. if (reputable) word got out that they folded to the feds, rival VPNs would spread that shit like wildfire and nord would die

This. It's in a top vpns best interest to not log if they state they don't. If word got out they monitored traffic and turned over abusive users they'd be toast