not in binary size though

>is C++ too bloated?
yes
>and is C a better alternative?
no

what language would you suggest then?

Javascript

D

C++ has a massive problem with adding features no-body cares about, and at the same time not adding the ones they do.
We still don't have networking in the stl.
C on the other hand is basically frozen in time with little to no changes since 2011.
I used to forgo C++ in favor of D, but its Dead, and now i use rust where I would use C++ or D.
C is still vital for low level stuff though, and I write about as much C as I do Rust.

just switch off exceptions and rtti then

I'm taking a C++ class

basically it's a really complicated language for people who really know what theyre doing and need to solve complicated problems. If you wanted to compare it to irl languages, C++ would be English.

C++ they'll add the feature if it doesn't affect anything, because they specifically want people to have the flexibility to make the best possible program.

Assembler

holy digits checkem

> caring about a few kB of space
Learn how to use a compiler faggot.
Traditionally C++ binaries are statically linked.

>is C++ too bloated?
yes
>and is C a better alternative?
yes

c isn't really a language as much as it is a collection of macros. c compilers are just semi-smart macro expanders that allocate registers. c is ubiquitous because macro expansion is more exact and less error-prone than language translation. don't use languages that need translating, it only causes headaches and makes you look like you don't know what you're doing.

from first slide of the lecture:

"We will first discuss the traditional object-oriented features in 'classic' C++. As Stroustrup points out in his paper Evolving C++, C++ is a multi-paradigm language that

is a better C
supports data abstraction
supports object-oriented programming
supports generic programming"

I write everything in C and Lisp.

"I take no showers": the post

>C++ would be English.
Wtf?

>not writing a program in C & Lisp that tries to create an artificial neural network replicating your consciousness and then letting it access the internet so you don't have to take showers while shitposting on Jow Forums

more like german

>alternative
use C for the OS and C++ for everything else

This. C++ is like German:
>very hard for a newcomer to understand it
>very logical for someone understanding it, quite enjoyable after a while

Sounds about right

I use C++ and Lisp exclusively, I take 2 showers a day, and go out almost every night.

Attached: wrong.png (620x640, 316K)

It's good enough. I just wish it had a bit more advanced metaprogramming abilities and lambda-functions (so you don't have to declare a separate static callback function). Other than that, common libraries can easily replace missing features. Eg. take a look at Cello. It's basically C++ rewritten using a single C header file.

I was just reading about how c++ never standardized how to call into dlls so you can't call a dll compiled with a different compiler unless you literally strip everything out and pretty much just write C code with classes
shits broke

>dlls
this is only a problem on windows

The first thing you do, you kill all the s.

"Hey ma, look what I can do by abusing operator overloading! (Pay no attention to all the locale and math libraries it pulls in!)" Fucking stunt programming.

Attached: 1558705311708.jpg (1440x810, 155K)

C is bloated. Anything that's not assembly language is bloat.

Go

Very low IQ post. No matter how many -fno-xxx bells and whistles you turn off, C++ has a fat and bloated runtime (which matters if you're writing small programs) and very big build times (which matters if you're writing big code). The only thing it has going for it is easy libraries out of the box.
I set up Gentoo a few days back and it took about a third as long to do genkernel all than to build llvm. If you're writing some new piece of code, you're better off steering away from this ass cancer.

Based

Yall still think programming should be neat, orderly, and simplistically suited to your autism.

It isn't. Programming is complex and real world code has many edge cases that are better handled by the "bloat" features of C++.

>Yall
nigger detected

Stick to STL and your programs will be lean and clean.
Only low IQ people like you use bloated libraries (those exists for C as well btw.)

>I've never used a real programming language before and my attention span is too short because im still an underage kiddo

Attached: qwe_download.jpg (1000x963, 226K)

>Yall
>Programming is complex
>Only autistic people like to program
Please

no
no

no they just have different file extensions on other OSes, they still have the incompatibilty between different compilers

nope, on every other platform every relevant compiler uses the itanium abi. It's just MSVC on windows which shits up the ABI on every compiler release.

yes
yes

Literally everyone native to the US southeast uses "y'all", not just niggers. There are a lot of niggers in that area though

No. Golang is good for writing webservers, microservices, and general application level stuff, but it's not a systems language. Never was meant to be, never will be.

elitist cuck

yes
t. embedded programmer

Use Nim instead

>is this hammer better than that hammer?
for what nail senpai?

languages hardly exist, only compilers and interpreters

C+ is a good compromise

Why are you leaving Go out of this

but also yes

C++ is the most POWERFUL programming language

imagine using mnemonics like a fucking monkey and all the unnecessary bloat... just do it in binary code

>compilers and interpreters hardly exist, only electrons flowing through doped silicon

based

zoom zoom zoomers

Yes