Don't waste your money on the Hi-Res meme

don't waste your money on the Hi-Res meme
16 bit 44.1 kHz is sufficient for every commercially available music in existence

Attached: 1559944651521.png (657x527, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
youtube.com/watch?v=lzRvSWPZQYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my ears are retarded and i'm partially music deaf so it doesn't matter to me

Dont waste your money on the higher performance vehicle meme

A car only being able to reach 100mph is sufficient for every common available road in existence

what a brilliant analogy!

Attached: 1519269768816.png (657x527, 28K)

He posted the frog!
He posted the frog!
He posted the frog!
He posted the frog!
He posted the frog!

>commercially available music
Fucking NORMALFAG!!!!

It is though.

Attached: 1546001906239.gif (600x800, 241K)

I dont think your point went over as well as you think it did. You just made an excellent argument against ever buying any high speed car. Paying for something you cant use is dumb.

This can be applied to anything, computers, washing machine, 144hz screens, even fucking Wall plaster.

Its a tired discussion thats all im gonna say.

dumb frog scum.

Calm down user, everything will be okay.

>This can be applied to anything
except HDMI cables

16/44.1 exceeds human audibility, and beyond that there is nothing to be gained
those you have mentioned have a little, yet perceptual gains

I bought a $10 cable with a bad connect or that slipped out every damn day. So i bought a new $20 cable and it dont slip out because the connector is higher quality.

The whole point of Audiophile equipment is to give those with too much disposable income something to waste it on. It's aimed at old middle aged men who already have everything they need in life but still need to fill in the void before the sweet embrace of death. Weather it's a classic car or $20,000 speakers, it will make it feel like it's Christmas day one last time before you hit the casket.

I always thought this
it's not even about performance mostly, it's just the design of how the car looks

Hell yeah its inaudible. But why does my Dragonfly Cobalt sound better playing MQA in my phone sound better then the hi-rez files in my computer?

Mate, I've literally bought HDMI cables from the dollar store that worked perfectly fine. Sounds like you just got unlucky.

It’s literally true if you have a good R2R ladder DAC. Bitstream DACs are trash.

Attached: 30FF60CB-B2AD-4D5F-BB50-EF782ADAA804.jpg (1280x960, 318K)

Higher bitrates etc are useful for shit like Dolby, because they encode more channels into the regular data, and if its "just" 16-bit, 44.1Khz, the unpacked audio sounds worse than that.
But if its literally stereo without any trickery, yes.
The only other use case is mastering, as it gives you some headroom to apply effects, amplification etc.. without ruining the end result of 44Khz

>MQA
because it's a different master
I don't know what kind of secret sauce Tidal adds to their "MQA" tracks, but if there is a difference even in a level matched blind test, there is no other explanation other than those two files coming from a different master

>you don't need more than 100mph unless you're racing
>you don't need more than 16/44 unless you're re-mixing

Attached: 1511807331096.png (327x300, 37K)

I agree
24/96 has plenty of use in the process of music production

Attached: volume knob for audiophiles.png (638x525, 184K)

You're not a real audiophile if you don't buy a $40K CD player that has a worse DAC than an 1990s PC CD drive.

Attached: CRMC-FX810T4-lg.jpg (1000x574, 29K)

Pitching and processing reacts differently. Some emulations “respond” better (whatever that means, less distortion more transparency.)
It’s because the tidal probably has more dynamic range and is played considerably louder (gain matched).
Also it depends what you are listening too different genres rely on different DR just how classical with no DR sounds bad so does dnb with too much DR.

It’s art, there is no better or worse unless you are talking in terms of THD or noise or any other equipment dependant limitation.

To say that 44.1 16 bit sounds good enough is true but idiotic and short sighted.

So since my receiver and tape deck both have dolby capability, I should continue archiving my cds to flac @ 48000/24?

Just do that regardless unless you are concerned with storage space which no one should be in 2019

If your CDs have dolby data, you should do it regardless of if you have a dolby equipment or not.
Gotta save all the data.

If you mean regular audio CDs with dolby surround, then you should use EAC to archive them like any other CD.

>American roads

>german roads

Attached: csm_1026396670_d6d655d0cb.jpg (800x448, 48K)

>don't waste your money on the Hi-Res meme
how about you fuck off and die?
>16 bit 44.1 kHz is sufficient for every commercially available music in existence
it's a default standard from the start of the 1980s. we now live in a world of 24bit or greater and at much higher sampling rates. nobody gives a fuck if you can hear the difference or not, there is a loss of signal when downgrading to 44.1hkz 16bit. do you even know how digital audio works? lower frequency and bitrate = bad, you dense faggot.

there's no need to be such infuriated
read this thoroughly explained article on why you don't need more bit depth and sampling rate as a consumer
people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Do you like the sound of vinyl?

watch and learn
youtube.com/watch?v=lzRvSWPZQYk

That’s not an answer to the question you don’t even know what I was going to say kek

>kek
go back to Jow Forums

Holy shit those pussy guardrails if someone wipes out at 120mph. Concrete Jersey barriers at minimum please.

Attached: Jersey_Barriers.500.jpg (450x230, 9K)

Nice meme reply faggot kek is nothing to do with Jow Forums
Dw you have no ears so it’s fruitless

Just don't hit them bro
But seriously, Germany is so bad at fixing these shitty 80 year old motorways. They spend half a decade renovation a few kilometers of the roads while completely ignoring the other shitty parts in-between. Some bridges are now partially closed because they are so broken already, and there aren't even plans yet to rebuild them.

Modern consumer is quite likely to process music before sending it to amplifier in digital domain.
Look at all those active speakers accepting AES/EBU digital signals, digital crossovers or applying EQ to combat room resonanses. So is it only for production these days really?

This is far to high a quality post for Jow Forums

They will never rebuild them. The rapefugees cost too much money.

Maintaining roads is fascism

Has anyone paid for Dolby Atmos codec on headphones? Is it any good?

You don't know what you're talking about

Atmos is a scam.

>not giving the little shitflakes a rock pick and sending them out to break up the bad roads

Attached: 1477917120762.jpg (682x653, 76K)

The plan is to give them knives so they can circumcise the unbelievers.

There aren't that many 'fugees here though.