Anyone have this?

Curious to know how reliable this is since i'm considering getting one as a standalone lock.

Attached: augustSL.png (860x474, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomsguide.com/us/august-smart-lock-pro,review-4970.html
homealarmreport.com/smart-home/august-review/
cnet.com/reviews/august-smart-lock-pro-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get a real lock that works mechanically and uses proven security methods. Research and don't cheap out on this.

Also, levers > knobs.

so on the outside it just looks like a regular key lock. the inside has this big cylinder. you can use your regular old key to open the door but you can also open it on your phone through an app.

do your research before you shit all over yourself

Stop buying botnet horse shit you fag. The libtards who make it will let niggers in to rape you at night.

so it still can be hacked
think before you shit all over yourself

ask the Lockpick Lawyer
>he cracked it in 8 seconds flat

and a lock can still be picked...

This can be locked AND hacked, not to mention they mechanism inside has to be shitty since they want to keep the cost down and don't have the expertise of a reputable lock maker. So that trash can be picked easier than regular locks and makes you look like a fag. I'd pass.

Attached: 1564968685579.jpg (418x397, 22K)

So instead of buying a normal lock that can still be lockpicked, you buy something that you don't know what type of code is running, what packets is sending through your wifi, can be lockpicked OR hacked?
Smart move yes.

haven't read much about security issues with wireless locks. i've got two doors before you get into my house so the idea that someone has to hack two doors is nice.
you can pick whatever kind of deadbolt lock you want so long as its compatible withe the august. there are different grades of deadbolt.

you guys really just see something new and are frightened and upset before knowing a single thing about it aren't you?

Also it doesn't have to connect to wifi as it can pair up with your phone over bluetooth if you don't care about seeing who's opening your door when you're away

retard, nobody cares that it's new. Show us some proof that it works/it's good. Give us some reviews from professionals. Instead you are shilling like a dog and barking "muh new tekmology" kek

tomsguide.com/us/august-smart-lock-pro,review-4970.html

homealarmreport.com/smart-home/august-review/

cnet.com/reviews/august-smart-lock-pro-review/

>*your smart lock needs updated*
>*gets hacked instantly*

Lock difficulty is only to prevent someone getting inside for a prescribed amount of time. The longer it takes them to get in the less chance the lock will even be tackled in the first place. A very good lock most likely won't even be attempted. Instead the perp will go somewhere else or break in another way (brick through window).

Bosnianbill too
These smart locks are gadgets not security devices.

>Bluetooth
Bluetooth has been breached recently

kek waht the fuck lives are you guys living? has everyone in this thread had their houses robbed multiple times over or some shit.

im looking for an easy way to get in and out of my house without keys. quit being such big pussy ass faggots. nobody would even know that i have a smart lock from the outside since again it just looks like a standard keyhole lock from the outside.

You wont care until your get robbed

Niggers are going to rape you in your sleep.

Attached: A93F5512-6525-48BB-BF87-7C74C60EDFCD.jpg (640x378, 85K)

Since you've never been robbed and want an easy way to get in and out, you might as well get rid of your current lock and call it a day huh?

Lockpicking Lawyer has 900+ videos soI'm not sure what's good or not other than pic related's behemoth, but obviously it's not a deadbolt

Attached: D_72U5AXoAAMC8H.jpg (1586x2048, 474K)

Can't wait until you don't have the App handy
Or when the service shuts down
Or when you have no internet
Or when you have no electricity to power the goddamn cellphone that it's bound to

>nobody would even know that i have a smart lock from the outside

Somebody passing by and seeing you opening your door without a key would know.

>but you can also open it on your phone through an app.

lmao holy shit are you kidding me

and you WANT this?!!?

*cracked

>ask for opinions on opening up unnecessary security vulnerabilities for no reason
>get told that's stupid
>YOU DON'T KNOW, IT'S GREAT, EVERYONE DISAGREEING WITH ME IS BAD AND WRONG
Your manager is gonna freak when he sees how poorly your shill thread turned out.

based

Locks keep honest people honest.

If its electronic in any way it works via solenoid which means you can just take a magnet to it and open it.

Or pour salt water into it, consumer electronic locks must fail open by law.