>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtu.be/hGiAfMoYEjI?t=92

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>Wait for Threadripper gen3 - Extreme overkill gaming with its larger cache
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do NOT use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660/TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal cost is overpriced
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher FPS
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT/2070S - budget option. Upscale with RIS/CAS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>RX 570/580 stock is becoming limited as RX 5600 launch approaches

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>HDD are defunct except for servers, NAS, and sub-$400 builds; SSDs are cheap now
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss), and comparisons which only use averages and not 1% minimums nor framegraphs
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & Storage/SSD guidelines under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 5700xt vs 1080ti value and power consumption.png (2556x718, 726K)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/cb2DCb
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/qdThD2
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/VR3MfH
pcpartpicker.com/list/mF6RpG
pcpartpicker.com/list/MzcKJ8
hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/lga-2066-mainboard-vrm-liste-1167715.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hpyE0S2yKJY
pcpartpicker.com/list/Z7Q2QZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/tYsNLJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't buy corsair

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

want to confirm or deny any of these

>schizo trying to bait somebody into his daily argument

>nooo don't test
>more independant people testing things would only lead to shills getting their way lying to people
oh...wait...

How long until that system crash bug gets fixed when using enchanted sync on 5700xt....
Also if AMD stopped nerfing it I think it can beat the 2070s oc

>tfw no Red Devil
Which is better - Pulse, Red Dragon, or that other 2fan powercolor?

>starting up his "I'm neutral I promise!" act
little later than usual today

Are there any decent 144hz monitors around $200 or so that don't have terribly washed out colors?

Make a new thread instead of all the off topic posts here.

People recommend the Meshify C case, but that thing only has 2 3.5" bays for HDDs? That's a really low amount of them, for someone who hoards a lot of data.

>960GB corsair MP510 is out of stock everywhere
Do I just buy the 1.9TB or is there something with similar price/performance? 1TB was more than enough to cover OS/games/virtual machines/anything else so 2TB seems excessive, but then the price/GB of the MP510 drives is close enough to the MX500/Samsung 860 evo sata drives anyway.

So discussing the hardware, it's performance and possible issues that you recommend in this thread is strictly prohibited?
Sounds pretty questionable if you ask me.

Explain logically how independent anons, testing the hardware they got is a bad thing?

if you want tons of 3.5 drive bays you have an unusual use case nowadays

>Explain logically how independent anons, testing the hardware they got is a bad thing?
this response isn't to you, it's to the people reading your posts since I know you don't care about what people respond to you and will continue your copy pasta every day. this user is constantly pushing his agenda on very specific niche situations and is trying to pass it off as "independent objective testing" while pasting it to everybody trying to shill them into different purchases every single day, and to discourage people from using well known reviewers and benchmarks.

any of yall have the Sabrent Rocket ssd? They seem pretty good.

you sound like you already know that if a third party tester tried to debunk/confirm these claims, it would end up with result unfavorable to you favorite brand

if it wasn't for him i'd be suffering a couple of months until amd fixes the glitches on witcher 1

that VRM chart is outdated

Attached: v41vtfrvxkk31.png (1138x5064, 791K)

>this response isn't to you, it's to the people reading your posts since I know you don't care about what people respond to you
>this user is constantly pushing his agenda
So the irony if you saying that while it applies to you doesn't strike you at all?

You refuse to engage me in a discussion, discuss things logically, you refuse to test things for yourself to confirm or deny anything.
You get mad at the idea of anybody else doing tests to see for themselves what the truth is.
Instead you just want to shut down discussion so you can "recommend" people what ever you see fit?

Again explain to me how is more data bad.
Explain to me how is independent anons from this thread testing things out with their hardware bad?

Pulse
Red devil is top tier but pulse will do you right

I built a new PC (I'm new at this), and I've been experiencing weird bluescreens. The first day I got it it worked fine, then the second day I got TWO bluescreens. Now it's a week later and it performed fine even when doing harder tasks, yet right now it just bluescreen again when I was passively browsing a PDF. The only thing I can think of is I had a lot of Chrome tabs open, but that was never a problem at other times. Also the temps are always fine. I do have one of the newer 5700 XTs though and I'm on a Ryzen 5 3600. I called one of my friends and he just laughed and said it's AMD doing good work with their drivers. Is this true or is my PC fucked somehow?

I would suspect ram

In terms of A - C tier where does the Red Devil lie in relation to a 1060?

judging by this chart, I'd be OK with getting the Asus Prime X570-P and R7-3700X? The board's VRM section looked a bit anemic so I was avoiding it. But with Microcenter bundle deal I can get it for like $120.

>Again explain to me how is more data bad.
>Explain to me how is independent anons from this thread testing things out with their hardware bad?
you've had hundreds of replies about how dishonest you are and especially how you try to use your "it's just more data" to try and get people to ignore other benchmarks and instead focus on the niche cases you've constructed. but every day you show up and pretend all of it didn't happen and keep on with your copy pastas. it's very clear engaging you is a waste of time, but I do think it's worthwhile to warn other anons who might just be stopping by about you. which is what I'm doing.

I can't find a good mATX case available in my country

The Q300L isn't getting good reviews and apparently has poor air flow
the Thermaltake H18 isn't availible
the H17 is shit with no airflow
the Cougar MG110 isn't availible

please suggest some good small and cheap mATX cases. i want mesh at the front for fans and cable management. that's pretty much all

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/cb2DCb
Thoughts on my planned shitposting machine?
Is it baste & radpilled as you kids would say?
Budget is 1000€.
Also any speaker recommendations? Preferably

>you've had hundreds of replies about how dishonest you are
yeah, from one guy, you.
Just because I am making it very hard for you to shill products and that you have spammed any kind of honest testing by people doesn't mean that now people should just shut up and let you have your way.
I am sorry if this costs your job, but I value other anons more than some person that tries to shutdown any kind of testing or discussion of products.

> to try and get people to ignore other benchmarks
They are free to view the benchmarks on the new games all they want, not once have I told people to ignore all other reviewing sites.
This is literally extra info on older/niche games because they don't get tested by mass media.

And some people like myself really enjoy the perks of a PC, where you have backwards compatability for many years, which lets you replay classics and so on.
Clearly you don't find this valuable and think everybody should be limited to the top 10-20 newest games or something.

> but every day you show up and pretend all of it didn't happen
The only thing that happened is that you spam this shit every day you aren't banned. Not once have you actually engaged in a normal discussion, not once have you tested things for yourself. Literally all you do is shitpost and discourage others from testing for themselves.
I can't imagine how you can try to spin this as a good thing for consumers.
>NOOOOO don't test your hardware anons, this shill is trying to mislead you by having you do tests with your own hardware to see how things really are!
Yes, how terrible of me.

>it's very clear engaging you is a waste of time,
You haven't engaged even once, even once!
You have had this narrative and attitude since day one.

You don't care about testing, you dont' care about data, you just want to tell people what to buy, and nobody else to get in your way in any way possible.

is the 3600 worth the extra 80 dollars over the 2600?

Depends. Is there anywhere else in your build that the $80 could serve you? The 3600 has better IPC for sure, but the 2600 is more than enough.

wat?
The Red Devil is better quality and cooling than the vast majority of 1080Tis, let alone 1060s.
wtf is your question even
Pulse is probably better than the red dragon due to be 2.3 slot vs 1.9 slot but the red dragon is perfectly fine if it's cheaper or the only one you can find. Plus the red dragon looks better.

If you have latest BIOS (or 1003ABB or wahtever at least) it's probably faulty RAM.

It's an ok build, just dont' think Vega56 is worth it at 275 euro when you can get 5700 for 325 euro unless those sales ended.
Get a better case and 550W PSU is more than enough. 850W is retarded.
I'd say vega56 is worth it at 75 euro/dollar cheaper, but not only 50 euro cheaper.

noted
3700X will run on a b450 pro4 fine let alone any x570.
It's only with the 12 and 16 core that you really need to consider better VRMs.

For higher refresh rate gaming, of course.
For a 60-75hz build, GENERALLY no, but the 3600 will more reliably do a 75fps minimum across virtually everything.

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/qdThD2
If you really need a gold psu feel free to swap it

You guys don't use logical increments anymore?

not really, i'd just be saving money. I have a shitty pc from 2010 with a 1070 in it. It cant do Cemu at all.

You sound like a twat but damn do I wish I could play black and white 1 on my pc.

>You sound like a twat
Okay, how/why?

>I wish I could play black and white 1 on my pc.
Why can't you?

>3700X will run on a b450 pro4 fine let alone any x570.
>It's only with the 12 and 16 core that you really need to consider better VRMs.
OK awesome.
Well the 7nm based stuff has better single core IPC so for stuff like emulators it would be better yes.

Thoughts? uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/VR3MfH

I'm going to get the Pulse 5700 I think but just haven't changed it.

>budget & CURRENCY
$1000-$1100 USD

>Part list
Some dude made this for me pcpartpicker.com/list/mF6RpG
Any good?

>Uses
Gaming and general web browsing. No video editing or anything like that. Some of the games I'll wanna play include MK11, Modern Warfare, DOOM Eternal, Rainbow Six Siege, RE2, and other games coming in the next couple of years. Wanna maintain bare minimum 60fps at 1080p, but open to 1440p if it's doable with the budget.

Attached: 1562086606652.jpg (1200x630, 49K)

5700 is 65€ more for a blower.
Is that really worth it? Heard their cooling sucks and they are loud. Not looking for MAXIMUM FPS with this, just a comfy pc.
Also, what would be a 'better' case?

Because of what you are saying and the tone I infer from it?
Both you and the other clown user are both fags, but so am I.

Won’t load won’t run, I’m under the pretence you need earlier windows like XP.
Fuck I loved that game so much

8+11 = 19

Assuming not
>samefag
while that may be true, it's merely by accident while he has a clear agenda.
The "user" is a confirmed sock puppeter that's clearly recognizable by manly Jow Forums regulars.

While that data might be helpful to some, posts about collecting it doesn't belong in /pcbg/. It should be its own thread.
Also, this is largely a Windows 10 issue. Witcher1, as noted by a number of anons and ignored by agendanon, runs fine with AMD GPU on Linux without issue. A wealth of Win10 issues with Nvidia nor AMD GPU don't happen on Linux.
Linux has tons of issues with old games in Win10 as well, he just doesn't care to search and compile those because, again, his agenda.

I remember when he kept spamming about r6 siege being stuttery with a 2600+vega56 last year. I tested it with my 1600X+vega56 and it was as smooth of a framegraph as you've ever seen. He kept ignoring my results and spamming his bullshit about AMD being shit blah blah when it was clearly just him intentionally making it run shit to make fake graphs.
Try it under Linux with WINE. Seriously.

There was a "war" on /pcbg/ over it around 2 years ago because logicalincrements was confirmed to promote shitty hardware for kickbacks. Falcon and his staff, who created and run the site, were spamming it on Jow Forums hard before finally giving up. He used to use /pcbg/ as a way to promote logicalincrements.
But besides that, it's just a terrible and illogical list.

Uh that's quite bad. $1100 for a pretty basic midrange 1080p build.

blower 5700 might be more quiet than the coil whine of the pulse. lol.
Better case is any with dust filters.
>heard they're loud
You heard that about the XT, not the non-XT. The 5700 is so low power that the blower is fine unless you lock the fan to max RPM or are running furmark. Under gaming, it's actually as quiet as the average dual fan card.

Attached: 2019-09-11_15-17-11.png (980x1351, 435K)

>Because of what you are saying and the tone I infer from it?
Yeah but I am asking a bit more in depth explanation of why you felt it was twaty. I can't learn if I don't understand what I am doing wrong user.

>Won’t load won’t run, I’m under the pretence you need earlier windows like XP.
I mean, you did try windows XP compatability?
Did you try earlier drivers or what ever GPU you are using?
What OS did you use, what gpu? I liked that game as well and it worked for me on windows 7.

>Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.

Brainlet here, what does it mean?

How would you improve upon that list?

>while that may be true, it's merely by accident while he has a clear agenda.
Yeah accident as in some other user tested his 5700xt and his 2070super and found about it.
Which is exactly what people testing things brings. More info.

>Also, this is largely a Windows 10 issue.
Yet that other user said that on windows 10, the 2070s had no such issues.
Leaving out an important piece of info there.

some boards need a new bios to work with zen 2 (ryzen 3000 series processors) but you can only update the bios on some boards if you have a working cpu

you either need a newly manufactured board that has the update, a store that will either help you update it or update it themselves, a board that can be updated without a cpu, or an older cpu to do the bios update

if that sounds like too much to worry about, you may want to just buy x570

pcpartpicker.com/list/MzcKJ8
This build will do 1440p easily. Although if you have the patience, wait for a good 5700XT model to get into stock for $400 to $420. Otherwise the non XT 5700 will be fine.

Don't forget you need a monitor.

I don't have Kotor, but I do have witcher 1, I can test it whenever i get my hands on my 5700xt. Game stutters even on my laptop's 1060, though, just seems rather unoptimized. Witcher 2 although much more graphically demanding runs much better.

You are just posting on Jow Forums my friend, the nature of your argument is about credibility and you have none (neither does anyone) but you attempt to hold a moral high ground which appears dickish. You appear to fight for the every man and his ability to run his own tests but considering the shilling that takes place here it’s hard to even pretend that someone is objective. Maybe it’s a me problem not you.
Yeah I tried compatibility mode. I ran it from my old disc and from torrented files and nil points
No I didn’t try earlier drivers, the GPU is 1060gt.
It genuinly upsets me to not be able to play but I am also a brainlet so it’s no surprise.

No problem user, test whatever you feel like testing.
>Game stutters even on my laptop's 1060, though, just seems rather unoptimized. Witcher 2 although much more graphically demanding runs much better.
Is that one windows 7 or 10?
Also gpu drivers make a world of difference in terms of performance/stability of framerate.
You could have a 1080ti but if the drivers are shit, a game form 20 years ago will stutter and run like shit.

Windows 10, latest drivers with windows 7 compatibility mode and 4gb address patch. Game averages well above 60 but the stutters are really noticeable.

>samefag
>confirmed sock puppeter
>fake
>kept spamming
Careful, you're going to get banned for third time in two and a half weeks if you keep up the trolling

Seems fine

Drop cooler (use stock), get 1TB MX500 or 1TB Sabrent Rocket.
A 2600 is too weak for a 2060 at 1080p, but fine at 1440p. You need an R5 3600 if you're staying at 1080p

>the nature of your argument is about credibility
But see, I am not telling people to trust me or some other source.
I want people to test things for themselves and trust only themselves?
The results I got should prompt people to test things, not just blindly believe it.
That's why I feel I have the moral high ground.
I don't care what brand you buy, I only care that people get the best thing that suits them based on the price from their region.
Which is again why I am happy when people test things for themselves because nobody can shill them at that point when they have their own results.

>No I didn’t try earlier drivers, the GPU is 1060gt.
What Operating System though?
>It genuinly upsets me to not be able to play but I am also a brainlet so it’s no surprise.
Yeah, this is something I wish for other people not to experience.
I will install it and take a look into it. Though I am on windows 7 right now so I don't know how much help that will be.

Would you mind doing a frametime graph? So I could see a more objective view of how bad the stutters are for you? Because somebody feels dips below 100fps as stutters, others are okay with dips to 30 fps.

Answer is 40 and these kind of tests can go suck a dick
Was assuming all blowers suck ass. Alright, I'll check if I can confirm that.
>dust filters
eh, ok. No dust here, but I'll consider it.

W7

>Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5700 PULSE £379.99
>PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 5700 Red Devil £399.99

Which one?

why isn't there such a chart for intel's mobos?
legit asking

nobody cares enough

There probably is, but you have to search the bowels of r3ddit for it

installing, will report back in 30-60min

why is i5-9400F so fucking good, lads?

honestly no since most of the time your gpu will be the bottleneck
i took a 2600 for half the price of a 3600

My current desktop consists of the following:
>Pentium Dual-Core E5300 @ 2.6 GHz
>6 GB RAM
>Integrated graphics
>120 GB SSD
>Mobo: Eureka3 (Pegatron)
Couldn't I get better performance from a SBC or something?
What's worth upgrading? A new mobo + a CPU from this decade, maybe?

>1 mobo per cpu launch
just buy the newest one goy

red devil by far

>I don't care what brand you buy,
lol

what about the different brands then? they don't all put the same vrm

where'd you get it for half the price?

Rate my PFSense build

-Intel E3-1260L 45w TDP LGA 1155 - $36.00
-Silverstone Tek Super Slim Profile CPU Cooler - $21.99
-Intel DQ77KB, LGA 1155/Socket H2 (BOXDQ77KB) Motherboard - $45.99
-8GB 2x4GB DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz 204PIN SODIMM - $19.99
-TCSUNBOW MSATA Mini PCIe 120GB $25.99
-Genuine E1G44HTBLK INTEL I340-T4 QUAD PORT NIC - $44.99
-T POWER UL Listed (19v 65w-90w) Ac Adapter - $19.99
-iStarUSA D Value D-118V2-ITX 1U Rackmount Mini-ITX Server Chassis - $51.99
-Noctua NF-A4x10 PWM (2x) - $27.90
-Electop 4 Pack Case Fan Y Splitter, PWM Cable 4 Pin 1 to 2 Converter - $2.24

Total - $296.08

I'm still pissed ebay wouldn't take my card for a different set of RAM. would have gotten it for $10.

Built for Router/Firewall/VPN/IDS/IPS to compete with the NetGear SG-5100 or XG-7100.

amazon.fr had it for 115 eur while it was around 230 eur for 3600
it was a couple of weeks ago

BUT can i run emulators in 4k on a 2600?

Why not?

That much better?

I've been trying to find good reviews but all the reviews on Youtube are reviewing the XT.

>What's worth upgrading? A new mobo + a CPU from this decade, maybe?
If you're just browsing the internet, probably nothing. Buying new will cost you at least $200 just for a dual core CPU with SMT+mobo+DDR4

i dont know anything about goysockets but i can give you this
>hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/lga-2066-mainboard-vrm-liste-1167715.html
there are other links on that op so be sure to check them

fuck if i know nigga, i'm still on 1080p

yeah
it's a 3 fan model
super cool and super silent
youtube.com/watch?v=hpyE0S2yKJY

fuck it im gonna go for the 2600 just like you did. I'm on a fx 6k anyways.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/mF6RpG
pcpartpicker.com/list/Z7Q2QZ 20-40% more powerful and has a monitor for only $120 more.
You could increase the SSD to 2TB if you want. I think it's $230 or $250 for the 2TB more. You could just go with SU800 1TB for around $175 as well.

It's a pretty decent blower. Vapor chamber. It's better than a dual fan 2060 that has milled heatsink, by far.

... how are we supposed to decide for you whether you want to pay more money for a slighter faster and quieter card or if you want to save money?

Because 80%+ of people do AMD builds.
We used to post the Intel chart when they were relevant. They're no longer relevant.

SBC? Like an embedded system? You can get 2400GE embedded boards like that but it tends to cost more. So unless you want super tiny, not worth it.
It would be at least 6-10x the performance over E5300, but do you actually need that much of an uplift? A 240GE would be about 3-5x.

Seems fine. Seems overkill for pfsense, even, and I would have gone with a 200GE or 240GE.

2600 does cemu at 50-60fps.

You talking about non-XT?
You can flash the 5700 red devil bios to XT BIOS and get 97% the same performance from the clock speed and voltage increases before any manual overclocking. So that's by far the most obviously choice as it has the same top-tier cooler as the XT version.
If you want cheap, get whatever is $260 or cheaper, it doesn't matter much.

Got a new 5700 xt and it's awesome, but it might be troubling my dual monitor setup.
I previously used a 1050 ti with DP to one monitor and HDMI to the other. With the new card, DP works perfectly but Windows 10 won't recognize the other monitor connected with HDMI, even if I plug it into the motherboard HDMI out instead.
Any ideas? All cables seem to be seated correctly and the drivers are updated.

If I have 500$ to spend what is the best gfx card I should buy?

Windows 7 or 10 for a new build?
I use 7 on my home build, but I use 10, 8 hours a day at work

Please rate my build. It's white themed, RGB filled, and looking like a Corsair sponsored build I know. But overall how does this look for 1440p gaming?

pcpartpicker.com/list/tYsNLJ

Thanks. I have some issues opening many tabs at once, and playing YT videos at 720p 60fps. That's some of the things I'd like to correct.

Thanks for the tips.

Which 5700 xt?

Well I tested it and it worked with no visible issues.
I'm on windows 7.
I used windows XP service pack 3 compatibility.
I have Nvidia 970 and the driver version is 376.33
Here is a frametime graph showing the first minute of the game where you can move with your hand.

I suggest you try an older driver version and see if that helps. Try it and tell me how it goes.

Attached: black and white 1.jpg (1905x977, 162K)

both on 2 partitions

My hdd failed hard dying on me without any backups, I was planing to buy a new build in 2 months but I really need to get a working pc right now, my question is, Can I buy just a new SSD or it will have any issues when I upgrade my whole build?

Attached: JQ1839.jpg (1280x960, 78K)

It's a Visiontek blower 5700 xt. I hear they have adequate RMA support but I would hope I don't need to go that route.

The drive is fine. You're literally doing nothing but adding a drive to your build so you don't need an entire new build.

Thanks for the vid but it's the XT.

>You talking about non-XT?

Yeah, the standard one. Thanks for the info.

Win10 or GNU/Linux with passthough for your hardware to a Win10 VM

>even if I plug it into the motherboard HDMI out instead.
Unless your CPU has iGP, that won't work.

>issues opening many tabs at once, and playing YT videos
In that case you could get something like an Athlon 200GE with an an A320 mobo and 2x 4GB of DDR4

>You can flash the 5700 red devil bios to XT BIOS and get 97% the same performance from the clock speed and voltage increases before any manual overclocking.
Keep in mind you will be voiding your warranty.

So why not just buy an NVME drive if they're the same price as ssds? Some are at least.

I'll keep it in mind, thanks.