/spg/ - Smartphone General

APPLE WON

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com
phonedb.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/5QCem1YH

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Last thread:

Attached: lcimg_c8c275c0_8b38_4c55_9f6b_9c74d16df940.jpg (2000x1333, 351K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QEl4BZqAxRM?t=407
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what are some good, non-chink midrange phones that can be actually used with one hand?

There are two types of people.

Attached: 1557434148227.jpg (728x454, 54K)

Pixel 3a

hows its battery life?

What's the resolution of the iPhone 11? Still sub-1080p?

Just bought Google Pixel 3a. Ask me anything...

Do you enjoy the headphone jack?

>no percentages or any other meaningful units used
>just mere lines that are supposed to show the """difference"""

>Canada
>Freedom mobile
>Official LineageOS support, usb-c, at least 3gb ram, not Huawei
>200-500$
>5.5-6in

Pls help

whats the best samsung recent A series phone? A 80?

XA2

Just bought the iPhone XR, ask me anything.

how many cocks do you suck daily?

I have a oneplus 6t but I wanna buy an Iphone 11, I wanna use both so I can see every aspect of the two different operating systems, is this stupid? I would then be a hybrid user, I think it would kinda fun.

>XR
but that's last years model

Do you think the iphone xr is the better choice between that and the 11? is just a 100 dollars less

you either go full meme or buy chink shit
I think you fucked it up and should have bought 11

>APPLE WON
muh sides

Attached: 187236127831234.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Gay guy I know has a Huawei,women Samsung,it's over for apple..

Attached: 1567452063538.png (1439x705, 126K)

Real thread

yes, 1792 x 828

I do not understand how they have 2x the performance of snapdragons. It absolutely boggles my mind. The single core CPU market for PC's is stagnant as shit and quallcom is barely making any progress.

How the fuck do they keep getting these crazy 20% faster bemchmarks year after year?

I am suspecting they are going the same way as Intel making shortcuts wherever they can and it is going to bite them hard in the ass later when a shitton of exploits will be uncovered.

It makes 0 sense.

fuck off

its the os+hardware combo
watch benchmark videos and you will see for yourself
also, its more expensive for a reason

I hate these graphs. What's the scaling? It literally makes no sense if we're not given an axis to measure upon.

lmao, eat shit

>USA
>TMobile
Headphone jack, sd card, good battery life required.
don't really care about updates, camera quality, or speaker quality. currently have a Motorola g5 plus

Asus ZenFone 6

Most of my family uses iMessage and I want that convenience. Should I buy an iPhone 8?
Apple Arcade is also a factor for me, will the performance suffer significantly due to the old hardware?

I want a Note 10, but its low light performance is absolutely horseshit garbage compared even to my iPhone X, especially the selfies, and ESPECIALLY in video with its awful jittery EIS. Is there a way to download an app that doesn't try and make everything in low light a blurry watercolor painting like Samsung does?

Look at this. This is disgusting. "4K" LMAO
youtu.be/QEl4BZqAxRM?t=407

Upgrading from a Nokia 7 plus to a one plus 7 pro or 7t pro if it comes out, the Nokia is the most kino phone since the Nexus 5 but Nokia cheaped out on the headphone jack so gotta move on, I can't really see any other phone that I'd like to use, any suggestions boys

Meant to say usb c port but am drunk

>just bought a Redmi Note 7
>want to install lineage os to debloat it
>I have to wait 72 hours until I can unlock t he bootloader
wtf?

Attached: unlocking bootloader.jpg (260x130, 6K)

Have OnePlus 6 but got some extra bucks
>Should upgrade to oneplus 7 pro or get an ipad pro 2017 or samsung tablet s6
Pls help

Please tell me Reddit's wrong and I don't actually have to wait an actual an actual month before I can debloat.

Attached: reddit xiaomi rebloat.jpg (827x397, 57K)

It's 360hr (15 days) now afaik.

You don't need to unlock the bootloader just to debloat though, just use ADB.

wtf. i wasted no time to unlock pocophone when i got it after 3 days

Don't I need the bootloader unlocked to install Lineage OS though? What's weird is that after
>enabling Developer Mode
>enabling OEM Unlocking
>enabling USB debugging
>unlocking through MI Lock Options
MI Lock Options still says that it's locked.

Is this a widespread issue? Which Nokia phones have this problem, and which don't?
I was planning to buy Nokia 7.2, but now I want to wait for the disassembly videos to see if the USB port is built any differently in it.

I sure hope that 7.2 is not affected by this, because the only alternative right now is Motorola One Vision.

Software and hardware are more optimized. Android needs to be built to support more combinations of hardware. Also why some social media apps run better on iOS since there are less variables to worry about.

>Motorola One Vision.
Don't do that to yourself.

Well, I don't have too much of a choice. 7.2 looks like a better option, but I'd rather have bad battery life and a shit screen with a hole in it, than a non-functional USB port.

Pixel 3a is not an option, it's $500 here where I live, and I need a dual SIM phone anyway.
A phone with non-stock Android is not an option either, because I've stopped using such phones ever since Samsung Galaxy Nexus came out.

>tfw auntie is going to burgerland so she'll pick up an iPhone 11 Pro Max for me and I won't get jewed by the EU

I pity you plebs nearly as much as I pity lagdroid pajeets.

You're still getting jewed by apple, faggot

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-08-23-18-22-046_com.facebook.katana.png (2246x1080, 1.48M)

Accept it faggot. Apple has beaten you like the mutt you are.

Attached: 66549684b4d43fecb743b2e48edbe2c9.jpg (1920x1080, 102K)

LONGA BLU LIEN MEAN FASTA

Attached: w5zvkanlpkq11.gif (603x393, 64K)

so is the S10e best "small" smartphone?

What's the best custom rom for RN7?

Pros about the S10e:
Perfect size
Can be found pretty cheap used
SD855
headphone jack
sd card slot
wireless charging
reverse wireless charging
pretty decent battery life
lot of storage with the 256gb version.
One UI

cons:
stupid fucking hole in the screen
One UI

Should I just get one?

lmao oneplus destroys the cheapest 720p iShit

have you checked out the xperia 5?

Galaxy A40. Only in Europe though, and GSM.

Just got it. I love it. Feels like a lightweight S10e.

Attached: Galaxy-A40-review-display-3.jpg (1920x1080, 1.05M)

2nd hand OnePlus 5T.

>dumped by the devs after a year
inb4 custom roms that crash on you when taking pictures or taking an interview phone call

Best bang for my buck? everyone says pocophone or Note 7 Pro.

I know you guys have a better opinion

Attached: 1456133158975.jpg (478x315, 50K)

So?

How do tech journos not call apple out for this shit? Is this just something you accept?

What shit? The fact that iphone chips are simply better at performance and power savings?

what's the cheapest phone that can cope with casual use and has a good enough battery for 1 day without battery saving mode?

No, those are indisputable. Maybe not so much the power savings. I mean the graphs they show off that are just lines that show OURS IS LONGER LINE

>caring about selfies
Nigga just get an iPhone

is the lenovo k9 note a good choice? it's just for coping with everyday use

Looking at buying a Samsung A70 to replace my 1st gen Moto G which finally had the screen crack after exactly 4 years. With all the discounts I get, I can get the A70 for 200 bucks CAD. Worth it? I handled one and it felt gigantic and flimsy, but the specs are far better than my Moto G. Do you get used to having a freakishly large phone, or should I just replace the screen on the Moto G and use LineageOS?

>I can get the A70 for 200 bucks CAD. Worth it?
You don't need Jow Forums to realize that this is a great deal.

why isn't anyone praising mi mix 2S ????

>no headphone jack
oh...
I just wanted lineage os and US coverage.

Attached: 1567909322637.jpg (700x582, 65K)

Whats the point of lineage OS?

somebody do an mspaint of this one

Any chance the pajeets on the MI 9T (not the pro) will finally have working lineageos? Fuck MIUI.

Attached: images.jpg (554x554, 25K)

it impresses girls

considering giving up the headphone jack for this, but im using it almost everyday and worried the dongle is bad

Why does Xiaomi use google sms and google dialer instead of their own apps in EU?

Manlet

what's bad with MIUI

its half illegal in the US and its bloat

there aren't many (if any) Xiaomi phones supporting US bands and how is Miui illegal in the US?

The land of free, my ass

Get a Spectra X, join the dark side, enjoy top tier audio quality, better than you could get using the onboard shite on phones, yes, even flagship phones.

Just get a redmi 7 if it supports your bands. 130-140usd tops

I think most peoples problems with it is the bloat, just samsung everything is xiaomi something. I'm gonna get a 9T for up here leafland but I will try to debloat then wait to see if you can get lineage on official

Oh no no no

Attached: 1568263911742.jpg (1350x687, 576K)

Serious question - whats the alternate to a notch? What would make Jow Forums happy? You can't remove front cameras from normiephones.

For me it's a dual screen phone, but I'll take a bezel (Note9, 3a) or pop up (7 Pro, 9T), or rotating cam (Zenfone 6, A80)

Attached: zte-nubia-z20-2.jpg (601x589, 84K)

not a bad idea but hows the battery usage on something like this and the heat?

Only one screen is used at a time, and the smaller lower res screen is good if you're in a pinch for battery, and just use that one.

Has a lot of features and tweaks that should be in stock Android but aren't

That is weak bait.

What should I be searching for to find out about a phone's charging capabilities.
I am trying to find out the max wattage supported by Galaxy note 8 fast charging, and can't find anything. I don't know if I'm looking up the right queries.

Just how? Is this on the stock camera app? wtf

That has no effect on synthetic benchmarks, which is what they are displaying here

tfw ywn be able to buy a device with an Apple SoC that runs android

I just want that A13 chip but iOS is literal shit

Why do you even care? It makes ZERO difference for day to day usage. ZERO.

What is “day to day usage”? If its just texting and browsing the web, you’re fine with even a 4 year old device or a 300 dollar chinkphone. The entire point of buying a new flagship is to be able to do more than “day to day usage”.

well if you want to use it go ahead nobodies stopping you friendo thumbsup.gif

there are no numbers or proof in that picture. It seems like just about anyone can draw some lines and label them, and stand in front of them.

Attached: 1564493895.jpg (300x300, 26K)

Looking for a phone between 300-450€. Preferably having a audio jack and atleast 32GB. Any recs?

Anyone wanting a fucking PHONE that needs a good GPU is a fucking idiot. Phones aren't fucking desktop replacements, no matter how fucking much shitcunt companies like crApple, Google!Botnet, or Samsuck want them to be.
If you paid more than $100 for a fucking phone (and hell, you shouldn't even be paying that much), you're a goddamn idiot.

Mi 9T (Pro)
Pixel 3a (XL) if you care about camera and updates