/hpg/ - Headphone General

What audiopedophile memes have you fallen for this week, Jow Forums?

How to request purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: Selim.Bradley.full.1622048.jpg (628x1055, 352K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub
github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for END GAME life

Attached: 50706059-59B0-4125-A015-BFEDE4B78880.jpg (3166x3024, 1.88M)

>Previous thread:

Aliexpress velours, ear cancer or halfway decent?

Attached: HTB16K.GLVXXXXc6XXXXq6xXFXXXD.jpg (800x600, 88K)

I can only imagine how much different these make headphones sound. The life of no cash.

Sennheiser PXC 550's or Bowers and Wilkers PX?

Attached: Satori_5.jpg (1400x1050, 167K)

none, obviously.

Maybe there are headphone meetups in your area that you could go to and listen to different setups?

Attached: FD9DDAFB-5FF7-408F-8411-D83B16AF4BE6.jpg (3955x2789, 1.76M)

Reposting since I didn't get any suggestion in the last thread :(

>budget
£250 max
>location
Uk
>open/closed
Prefer open but dont mind closed
>past headphones
Using Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO for home use
>sound preferences
Electronic, dance, experimental, ambient, r&b, rap, ethnic
>intended use
Commuting. Need them wireless or with detachable cable ALSO MY HEAD IS V SMOL I need something very gentle and comfortable

Attached: photo_2019-09-11_21-08-57.jpg (627x830, 55K)

okay so what should I get then?

some IEM possibly

>How to request purchase advice:
>pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Commuting
you want an open headphone while commuting? I hear the JBL flip 4 is very hip with the boys currently. This way everybody can have some fun!

just get beats studio 3

Tinnitus gang where you at?

Attached: dogs4altalt.png (400x300, 23K)

Sigmas are something else

Attached: 15682353740151379873659907619724.jpg (4032x3024, 3M)

Focal Elear B stock for half price. Is it worth it?

no

Attached: terry_a_davis_guides_sans___templeos___by_sikojensika_dcq2cct-fullview.jpg (1600x1049, 136K)

let me explain further of all the Fecal headphones Elex is probably the best value

What's the usual Focal signature? I mean, the Elear is down from 1400AUD to 600AUD, though I suppose there's a reason it's B stock.

Would it even be worth driving 45 minutes to audition?

i mean you can but i found the Elear to be rather bright and also uncomfortable to wear

I would certainly drive to check them out. Look at the secondhand market and see what they’ve been selling for, you might even make a little money if you decide to sell them later on?

Redpill me on them. There’s a pair in my area with a T1 amp for a bit over a grand, I’m interested but already have L700 and T1S so I don’t NEED a second T1 amp, and idk how much of a difference the Sigmas make.

Are they a Sigma Normal Bias or Pro?

What are the best headphones money can buy? No memes.

Why these are perfect? it's like the sound is to experimental, if you get my drift.

Attached: harmod.jpg (4266x3216, 2.77M)

at the moment? RAAL

Stax

I’m actually not sure, they don’t say specifically and the plug isn’t shown. The manual is for the Sigma and Sigma Pro, so it’s the 1987 release, but that could go either way. I can ask them. Is there a big difference between the two?

Are they black and brown or grey and black

Oh but yeah Sigma pro is really good if you can get for 1k or so yeah get it

Black and brown

yeah thats the sigma pro i wish i had a way to See the physical condition of it so i could tell you if it may have any issues but if its a online item then you probably wouldnt want to post the link

I said no memes

Attached: disappoint.jpg (480x526, 35K)

enough faggot OPs

Recommend me Elex music

Haha my bad, bro. I'll make an exception just for you next thread, aight?

What music player do you use? Anyone crazy enough to pay for Roon?

porta pros

LCD gang

Attached: 1552550125749.jpg (5184x3456, 3.71M)

Just so you know nigger, lcd is not even nigger bass you faggots, it's flat, neutral and mostly dark and warm

Foobar2000 at home, dap on the go. Spotify or Tidal if lazy

AIMP

Yeah I’d rather not post the link, but I can share some pictures here. This is the inside.

Attached: image.jpg (1125x834, 380K)

They admit it’s in pretty worn physical condition but say it still works, I’m a bit concerned about the tape I see on the bottom. And is the inside supposed to have all that exposed foam?

Attached: image.jpg (1125x823, 332K)

nice trips kek but wait didnt that one just sell i recognize the tape a buddy of mine just bought that exact one if im not mistaken

Last pic. Overall it looks decent for being >30 years old.

Attached: image.jpg (1125x826, 271K)

Hmm, if it sold then it was listed in multiple places and sold someplace else. I did see one a few weeks ago that sold if that’s what you’re thinking of?

no this one Was with a T1 and sold on the yahoo auction page for about 1400usd

What cans do you have? Neutral ones?

Denon AH D2000 revisited. Channel swap fixed. Sound signature is obviously the same, but it isn't fucktarded upside down now. Highs are a bit much, but lower frequencies are pretty smooth and actually really good and not insufferable DOOF DOOF like I expected. The highs are a bit sibilant though? Soundstage is good, vocals are clear. I gave it a hard time before something that wasn't its fault.

Are these close to the TH-X00 at all or do the wooden cups actually alter the sound significantly? Let's say compared to the mahogany.

Attached: IMG_20190912_084724-1209x1612.jpg (1209x1612, 317K)

I guess they had a second one because this listing has a instabuy price of 140k but a bidding price of 125k

that looks like shit bro

>thread is literally full of poorfags asking for recommendations to upgrade their poorfag headphones
>thread has multiple stax owners posting
>not a single one is asking for upgrade advice
>meme
hmmmm

Attached: headphone tiers.png (1536x3123, 1.39M)

I've grown increasingly paranoid of tinnitus, anyone else have this problem?

Trust me, you can never be paranoid enough.
Simply listen to audio at the lowest level you can manage to hear. You'd be surprised how low the volume can go when listening to stuff. Give your ears a break, force yourself to lower volume levels, and you'll be totally fine.

>there's a reason it's B stock.
There's a B-stock for every headphone that isn't a fucking HD6** variant. And even then, these are all over the used market.

You think I will get used to lower volume listening over time? I've listened to very high volume for years and figured I'd count myself lucky and stop before it's too late.

Definitely. When I start listening to something, I slowly turn it down incrementally, and I feel like my ears adjust to it easily. Then you'll find a volume level where sound is still clear and enjoyable, while being waaaay less loud.

It's really not that hard to get used to, as a reference I went form defaulting around 45-50 volume to 25-33 with the same pair of headphones, and now I can barely stand above 42 without it feeling painful.

Thanks guys, I will force myself to do it. We are all gonna make it.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use a $100 amp with $2000 headphones?

hd569 or ath-m50x?

>Budget
150 USD or less
>Location
USA
>Source
Directly into PC
>Type of headphone
Full-size
>Open or closed
Pref open but not opposed to closed
>Comfort level
Will be used for multiple hours daily, so at least adequately comfortable
>Sound signature
Either Bassy or neutral
>Past headphones
shitty gaming headsets

Buy iSines already

Why would you want to buy this?

Boomers will tell you they can listen to details from files with 2+ times the amount of needed samples, and that the drivers from their headphones can move fast enough to reproduce such details, even though they cannot hear over 15k.
So, no. And even if you did spend on more expensive dacs, might as well get an DAC/Amp and be done with it

I use a 30 dollar chink tablet and 2 dollar thrift store RCA cables with my Stax. You can do whatever you want. It's your hobby.

yeah i dont think it sold the first time

I'll pass on it and add the money to my RAAL SR1a fund instead.

Got the ATH-m70x a couple of weeks ago. A very neutral sound, not boring at all. Currently pairing with ma FIIO M9.

Attached: m70x.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

Audio Technica ATM-m(eme)50x

Yeah, just turn down the volume. To me it seems also more accurate because your ears try to dampen loud anyway. I could be wrong though but just turn it down a bit.

Never bought headphones aside from gaming ones. How good of a cop would this be?

Attached: Screenshot.png (901x451, 134K)

That's HD6XX/HE4XX/K7XX money.

Horrible.
Do get HD600 proper for general-purpose home-use headphones, before you even consider niche noise-cancel on-the-go headphones.

Bad chart doesn't even cover the best cans in each price point.

Unless you need ANC (aka you want to listen to stuff in highly noisy environment without hearing anything other than what you're listening to) there are a lot of stuff in that price range that are better sounding.
Fidelio X2
AKG K712/7XX
Senheiser HD 6XX/58X
T50RP + Dekoni pads (or Dekoni Blue whichever is cheaper)
To name a few, there's other (Beyer DT770/880/990, Audio-Technica ATH-AD700x) and there's a lot more in the price bracket under that that would still probably sound beter than that.

No you wont. We both know it.

>buying anything from technigger
>specially audio
Guy drives HD820 out his fucking macbook

I've got the Sony 1000xm2 for its ANC and Bluetooth capabilities, but I want to get a headphone that focuses on sound quality (no ANC, no bluetooth). Which price range would beat the Sony 1000xm2 in sound quality? Any recommendations? Thanks

My shitty earphones are about to die and i need a good replacement that lasts. What to get?

iSine + Usound EQ, but not if you actually plan to go outside with them

I should've specified they were for when i'm on the go

I'm no expert then, but look at Etymotic I think they offer good isolation at an affordable pricepoint. Wait for Etymotic fag to give you a recommendation.

Same here.

I have a pair of WH-1000XM3, which sound okay (only after installing Viper4Android FX and using the preset from github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq).

However - they form a tight seal around my head, so then what I assume is the closed-front design causes this horrible thudding each time my foot hits the ground (occlusion effect).

So I'm also looking for something wired which sounds really good, but which can also block a good deal of noise. I guess I'm not really looking for ANC anymore, it makes my head hurt (although people say you get used to it after a while).

With or without ANC is fine anyway, all I want is to be rid of the god-awful occlusion. Each time I take a step is like getting hit with a boxing glove.

Attached: george.jpg (212x218, 5K)

Stax.

>closed
Stax and a roll of duct tape.

Should I buy replacement pads first for my 600's or an amp for it first? The pads are completely squished and are uneven

Attached: HD600-large.jpg (564x750, 55K)

get a pair of the dekoin pads, and then an amp

stax is is garbage, unironically

Hey user, what headphone did you put on your head awhile ago?

Attached: 4DAF837F-6A5A-4376-80E1-6B58ECDC2509.jpg (3434x2508, 1.61M)

These. Made custom, less janky cables for it.

Attached: file.png (1172x879, 1.71M)

Shame since they’re absolute comfy.

Attached: IMG_20190912_131640-2016x1512.jpg (2016x1512, 583K)

Attached: let that kyary cook.gif (480x270, 2.98M)

Yume no Hajima Ring Ring on STAX makes me cry.

Etymoticfag here. I have the ER4S and ER4XR. The XR is definitely worth it for the boosted bass. I bought my girlfriend the ER3XR and she loves it, I can’t honestly hear a difference when I’m out and about. The ER2XR just came out and it shouldn’t be much of a downgrade from the ER3XR, especially if you’re moving around, I don’t think you’ll hear any real differences.

The XR basically has a slight linear boost in bass compared to the SR (or the older S), and I think it’s a lot better for more kinds of music. It’s by no means a lot of bass, and it keeps the clarity.

Excellent choice.

Attached: kyary shin.gif (800x560, 1.19M)

Why not both at once.

IEMs with foam tips solved this for me.