Redpill me on alternative e-mail providers

I would like to create e-mail accounts for my children. They should be "anonymous", hence I don't want to use my own master race mail server which contains my last name in the domain. I also don't want to use Gmail or Hotmail or other things.

It should be free (they have very basic needs) or have a very low monthly fee and hosted in a safe country (Switzerland or northern Europe)

At the moment I favor Protonmail. Is there a better alternative?
Thanks bros.

Attached: protonmail-featured-900x600.jpg (900x600, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/01/how-i-lost-my-50000-twitter-username/
restoreprivacy.com/protonmail/
eprint.iacr.org/2018/1121.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What do your children need anonymous email accounts for?

Did you know that protonmail routes all traffic through Mossad servers?

Protonmail is fantastic as long as you're not a literal subhuman iq neonazi

use russian servers, yandex or mail.ru

Public high schools require online services now, apparently.

Get them a @cock.li
They'll be the coolest kids in school

Tangentially related, as it relates to ProtonMail:

Reading this article ( arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/01/how-i-lost-my-50000-twitter-username/ ) he says to avoid using custom email domains for login email addresses. I'm half a retard when it comes to email; if I use my @protonmail.com email address for logins and my @ one for communications, will that protect me from this sort of attack?

Nice try, Putin

you won't get me, KGB.

Relying on foreign countries to keep data security is deceptive marketing and is a huge meme. Especially when said countries have cooperative clauses.

Ironically, the only e-mail provider that maintained even the least about of integrity was Lavabit mail in the US as the owner went scorched earth to defend user privacy. JUst recently he reinstated the company and has been working on a more effective protocol

the owner of lavabit is a jew btw

Public school already knows your last name.

I'm not OP. I'm just saying it makes sense that kids need emails.

I have the same question.

Protonmail probably is the worst one you could get for your kids. Here a link where the issues are summarized in a good way.
restoreprivacy.com/protonmail/
>VFEmail.net may be an o.k. choice but you would have to pay. Also, they had some issues recently.
>Hosted in Switzerland: Good some of the worst "privacy laws".
All yurop ESP have to retain e-mails, which is not the case in the States.
There is a very good one in the States but I don't want to shill. And it's not free.
>Try gmx.de or gmx.ch. Not the best but free & quite popular.

I'd just like to say FUCK openmailbox, avoid that service like the plague. check the comments on their twitter if you want to see their many satisfied customers

>I'm not OP. I'm just saying it makes sense that kids need emails.
Now that you mention that. Do children nowadays not get e-mail addresses at school?

My college forces us into using gmail

Seconded

And don't forget: A lot of PM e-mails arrive in the receiver's junk box or get bounced.
>BTW: Would Yandex be an option?

I was more interested in why they have to be anonymous.

What about the "airmail.cc" domain of cock.li?

This but unironically

I'm poor so I use tutanota. Overall it doesn't feel as polished as protonmail but it's a decent and cheaper alternative

I think you should be fine like that. A hypothetical attacker wants access to some account of yours, so taking over your custom domain is just a tactic to get your logins assuming they use an email at that domain. If your logins use a protonmail address, stealing your domain won't help them to gain access. Maybe my reading comprehension is shit, but that's at least how I interpreted it.

I think to avoid this particular exploit (if it's even repeatable; customer service shouldn't be too likely to give out personal info) it might also be wise to use a couple cards across different services so that the attacker is less likely to get card digits from one that apply to another.

All email providers are shit. Fastmail is the least shit so I use it.

every fucking day

Host your own mail server.

sending shit transatlantic to protonmail is a sure way of getting intercepted and decrypted if you're suspect
as far as op. gmail is the most anonymous due to 10 millions userbase

Firstly, even though they have onion domain, they don't for signups.
When you try to sign up through it, you are redirected to the regular domain with no indicators unless you happen to look at the address bar.

Secondly, if you're signing up through Tor or a VPN, ProtonMail requires SMS confirmation OR confirmation through a non-private email (they won't let you use Criptext, Tutanota, or RiseUp for email confirmation). This leaves SMS confirmation, or donation, which would reveal information about you.

Thirdly, The way their "end to end" encryption works is by generating the encryption keys while you sign up - using your already existing keys is not allowed and ProtonMail must store the generated private key (archive) for PGP to work. Since the whole encryption process is done by JavaScript in the browser, nothing prevents them from sending you backdoored JS.

Fourthly, Protonmail's encryption contains serious shortcomings. Source: eprint.iacr.org/2018/1121.pdf

Fifthly, they state in their privacy policy:
>"We employ a local installation of Matomo, an open source analytics tool. Analytics are anonymized whenever possible and stored locally (and not on the cloud)."

So what's information does Matomo collect? According to their website:
>All standard statistics reports: top keywords and search engines, websites, social media websites, top page URLs, page titles, user countries, providers, operating system, browser marketshare, screen resolution, desktop VS mobile, engagement (time on site, pages per visit, repeated visits), top campaigns, custom variables, top entry/exit pages, downloaded files, and many more, classified into four main analytics report categories – Visitors, Actions, Referrers, Goals/Ecommerce (30+ reports)

Sixthly, the information that PM collects themselves:
>we have access to the following email metadata: sender and recipient email addresses, the IP address incoming messages originated from, message subject, and message sent and received times. [...] We also have access to the following records of account activity: number of messages sent, amount of storage space used, total number of messages, last login time

And finally, this gem:
>When a ProtonMail account is closed, data is immediately deleted from production servers. Active accounts will have data retained INDEFINITELY. Deleted emails are also permanently deleted from production servers. Deleted data may be retained in our backups for up to 14 days.