Attached: SICP_cover.jpg (400x579, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

algorithms.wtf/
people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~bh/sicp.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you better write something
google sdl tutorial
it will require include .lib and .h files in project
one company in my place ask very new people if they can make MS paint in their preferred language. if you don't know what to do it good starting point.

Alright thanks a lot. I'll look into this now.

I guess I should also mention that my primary interest is in bitcoin's lightning network and creating my own software/websites to generate revenue around this technology.

However, I don't want to consider myself a brainlet or a pajeet and actually be able to spit out professional code. I don't want to work for people necessarily.

algorithms, etc and uncle bob's trilogy.

>algorithms
What books specifically?

algorithms.wtf/

When people say "algorithms" they mean "Introduction to Algorithms" by Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, and Clifford Stein, often just called by the authors initials, CLRS. The 3rd edition pdf should be available on the clearnet via a google search.

The uncle bob's trilogy is: clean code, the clean coder, and clean architecture.

I also recommend The Pragmatic Programmer

Unlearn all that fucking OO designer programmer bullshit and read a real fucking programming book like K&R (C Programming Language).

here

Attached: cs.jpg (748x580, 101K)

Okay thanks a lot. I've seen this book a few times and figured it was another I should go through.

after that you learn a language

Attached: langs.jpg (747x2143, 285K)

i was actually referring to "Algorithms, Etc" by Jeff Erickson. But it seems he removed the ", Etc" part from his book's title .

Saved. Thanks a lot.

then you start that uncle bob bullshit

Attached: dev.jpg (750x1270, 154K)

k&r is nothing more than an outdated C manual; this book has nothing to give when it come to software engineering.

I've also taken CS50 so I have some background in C.

>cs foundation
>sicp
>computer architecture

Attached: 15.jpg (576x432, 35K)

>Unlearn all that fucking OO designer programmer

Just to be clear, all that "here is a Dog that Barks that subclasses Animal and that's why Objects and Classes are the best paradigm in the world" stuff is supreme bullshit, but actually understanding what the benefits and trade-offs of OOP are and what Anal Kay's vision for it was is well worth learning.

Is SICP really that good?

t. sysadmin doing babby programming

people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~bh/sicp.html

yes

Paradigms of AI Programming

Attached: 415+NNxT9IL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x321, 14K)

The C Programming Language

This: learnyouahaskell.com

Install gentoo

The only non-domain specific books that actually taught me some things:
>K&R
>The Practice of Programming
>Computer Systems: A Programmers Perspective
>Introduction To Algorithms
I didn't read any of these books cover-to-cover, just skimming and reading piecemeal. In general, I think non-domain specific programming books are overrated. You're much better off figuring out what domain you want to practice in, reading books that will teach you about that domain (graphics, games, networking, servers, etc.), and then spending many hours writing a lot of code.

Shouldn't Knuth's 'art of computer programming' fit in there somewhere?

>computer systems: a programmers perspective
why is this book so cursed, the indian released fucked everything up

Surely it should be Computer Organization and Design not Computer Architecture