WHY 3 CAMERAS?

Holy shit this is so stupid. Next iphone will have 4 cameras, one that can xray you.

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (483x451, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ArRxJaHjfnk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's not how xray works.

>take 3 pictures
>ensemble average noise reduction and super resolution
>clearer, higher res photos
Jow Forums knows nothing about actual tech

Why not make one good camera instead?

>she doesn't know

>why not make processors that run at 30GHz instead of 10 cores lmao

So this is better than an iPhone

Attached: Nokia-9-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 54K)

3>1

why not make 3 good cameras instead of 1 good camera?

>doubting the innovation of Apple

Ephemerilization of electronics is hitting the point where the only way to stay competitive while charging more than $1000 for a phone is too just slap as much shit as you possibly can into your phone.

Steeve Jobs is rolling in his grave

one camera for each of itoddler's gender

shh, don't tell this to itoddlers
iphone is not how smartphone works too
all apple users got scamed
just don't tell them this or they will cry

you need to be 18+ to post here

>zeiss
based and holocaustpilled

Because physics say that you can't make decent wide angle cameras with the 3 cheap plastic lenses your phone crams in a tiny box.
Phones get by with image processing witchcraft but the raw images are absolute dogshit.

Attached: index.jpg (638x479, 60K)

It’s literally a XS but with a third camera
They just don’t want to update their manufacturing machinery

The thinness of the phone is the real problem.
Bigger sensors and better lenses require more thickness.

Lenses designed by Zeiss in Germany.
Lenses made out of plastic by cheapest Chinese sub-contractor.

Horse shit!

Phones can't get high quality TELEphoto lenses in small bodies. Wide angle is no problem. When phones are shooting high frame rate 4k with excellent image quality even in low light you'd be a fool to say otherwise.

Wide-angle is indeed easier but still kinda shitty due to only having space for a couple of elements.
And low-light performance is shit due to the minuscule sensors.

Sensors are now frankly bloody excellent. The problem is the cheap lenses. Look at the difference in image quality between OnePlus 7pro putting f1.6 lenses on the same Sony sensor as cheaper Chinese brands using f2.2

Now you can shout fox 4 while taking pics

No matter how "good" sensors get, as long as they are 1/16th the size of sensors in proper cameras you will always lose 4 stops of light.

I own a "real" camera and you'll find it's got crap sensor read out speed. So the one in my new phone is better for super slow motion and I can film on it without needing filters to get rid of all that light. The thing I cannot do is change the focal length and to a lesser extent the aperture. Sensors have come a damn long way, why do you think those shot on iPhone commercials look so good? Sensor is the same they've just attached it to a good lens and gimbal

>3 QR code scanners
So much redundancy

Attached: EEIKxPdVAAI3XTW.jpg (750x1033, 164K)

>why buy an electric car when you can use an electric skateboard? - batteries have become so good.

shhh that's the next iPhones' main selling point

What? Noone said it's gonna take xray pictures of you. It's gonna xray you to give you cancer.

My Redmi Note 7 has 2 cameras and even I don't know what the fuck the second one is used for.

Who's Noone?

I have a theory that the increasing rate of faggotry is causing lighter and gayer looking phones. Limp wristed homos like shiny shit. They also need something light enough to carry. The CEO of apple is a homo so this further proves my theory.

KEK

>Jow Forums knows nothing about actual tech
LMAO the irony when all you post is so fucking wrong.

This image is making me feel uncomfortable for some reason.

Attached: 1568232183126.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Please point out what was wrong about his post.

part tripophobia and part autismo, the whole camera space is made in such an unarranged manner it makes OCD fags seethe

>the whole camera space is made in such an unarranged manner it makes OCD fags seethe
That's a recurring problem with Apple atm.
I guess this is why Jony Ive left Apple, dude is obviously an OCD Aspie.

Attached: akrales_181102_3064_0114.jpg (1200x800, 196K)

The iphone 11 is the heaviest mobile phone ever produced.

Nah, the iPhone 11 is the cheapshit Aluminium version, the big steel version is the ''iPhone 11 Pro Max''
I fucking hate their product names btw, such a terrible name.

Don't see anything wrong with it and kinda like how it looks.

newfags can't trifocus

Attached: 1568301651309.png (451x483, 175K)

Sorry, I don't have OCD, what's wrong on this picture?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ well it’s priced to compete with androids that are like 4 years behind in SoC performance.

>lagPhone

Attached: 1564231613185.png (1280x720, 352K)

I know you're trying to make it sound bad but it would be cool to have an X-ray camera on a prone

I'm assuming he's referring to the curve angle of the exterior is different than that of the display, which is how it fucking should be

>posting the same debunked screenshot
you need to go back

Attached: satania_uses_iPhone.jpg (605x530, 62K)

This years top Samsung flagship vs. last years Apple budget phone.
How obsessed do you have to be?
>inb4 HURR DURR itoddler
Posting this from a Note 8, kys.

Blame social media

Okay I made a mistake, I read XR at first, but still, this years flagship vs. last years flagship.

>notch for three years in a row
>now this atrocious tri camera bump
Apple has gone down the drain design wise

They just couldn't make it 2 mm thicker and throw sme extra battery volume in. Fucking camera bump. How is thin phone meme still alive

Reminded me of this desu

Attached: scopedog.gif (498x372, 3.17M)

It's for AR, you absolute fucking retards.

>tfw all the shills were bitching about headphone jacks making phones so thick when it was really the cameras
THIN PHONES WITH NO CAMERAS WHEN?

a lot of people use the shit out of the camera on their iphones. why is this a surprise that apple is dumping tons of cash into camera R/D.

How many cameras will you find an a DSLR?

Who the fuck needs to take hires pictures on a fucking phone? If they're going to only update the camera shit on phones because they're out of ideas, why not just make a fucking iCamera????
>Dipshits went back to lightning cable
>All those dongles that you bought for the X, junk
>Toddlers BTFO

Wait, so the new iphone isn't compatible with cables from the previous iphone?

Attached: satania plots.jpg (1280x720, 487K)

>still use my lg g5
>can swap battery easily without tools
>4kuhd 16mp rear camera
Name a new phone that has a 16mp 4kuhd rear camera
You can't because new phones suck lg g5's dick
When I saw the G6 launch years ago I had a feeling the phone market was going to go on a downhill but this is ridiculous
It just keep getting worse not better
Nobody is innovating, everyone is copying
I want a phone with NO CAMERA and NO connections
Wireless charging only
A fully waterproof phone
And I want it less than $400
I want a phone with a 4kuhd camera and a bigger battery than g5 but still has easy battery swap
I want a phone that folds around my wrist into a pipboy
I want a phone that can suck my dick

>All those dongles that you bought for the X, junk
user.... do you have mental retardation??? how on earth do you say something this fucking stupid??
Normally I'd say you need to go back, but this time I think you need to go back to preschool.

i'm more concerned at how ugly the design is

Dumb false equivalence.
How many lenses do you need to take a wide range of photos on a DSLR? The answer is a lot more than 3.

>take a wide range of photos
One.

Kek, this

Go do some macro photography on your telephoto retard. Or how about getting some wide-angle footage? If you only need one lens for a camera, then you must be carrying around 10 cameras.

Attached: 214015.jpg (225x350, 27K)

>WHY 3 CAMERAS?

I think it is for depth estimation, you need a stereo set of cameras to evaluate the distance to "points" in real space.

The text isn't aligned with the antennae band.

>why do you think those shot on iPhone commercials look so good?
plenty of lighting

>shot on iPhone
>meanwhile in the real world and not staged preplanned shots

Attached: 1565152370719.jpg (600x800, 135K)

Its at least 2x more effective at triggering trypophobia.

that's the only true conclusion in this post of yours user

Because such good camera does not exist yet at the cost they are looking for maybe?

nice

you are pic related

Attached: incel-npc.png (807x745, 173K)

one for show
one to look at
and one for safe keeping

Considering the Pixel 3 still thrashes the Note 10 even with 1 lens, there is a good chance that the Pixel 4 is still better right?

>WHY 3 CAMERAS
because you can't change lenses on a camera phone

its an IR camera to get xray nip shots

Because you can't change lenses on a phone (properly, shitty addon lenses don't count) and the limited space makes zoom lenses very difficult to implement.

>Sensors are now frankly bloody excellent.
Sensors are still shit, everything is done in software to make phone photos passable.

low light by comparison to how they used to perform sure but you gotta realize even a 10 year old DSLR can take quality video under conditions that a modern smartphone wouldn't have enough to expose a decent photo because the sensor is the size of a postage stamp instead of a square milimeter

youtube.com/watch?v=ArRxJaHjfnk

If this new iPhone is capable of doing half the shit a Tachikoma does, i would buy it but at the same time i think it will kill me.

This is fucking gross I can't even look at it dead on wtf why would anybody want that?

The 3 camera have different optics and angles: wide, ultra wide, 2x zoom. They never take picture together.
Secondly, noise reduction by multiple samples is already a thing, and it only needs one camera taking successively up to a dozen shots. That's how all night modes work today.
And third, using multiple cameras to take a single pictures would require so much more processing because those cameras are at different positions. It exists and is used in the processing of images taken from different telescopes observing the same stars to increase resolution, but not at this scale for an everyday usage.

>Compares 4camera to multi core processors.
>Implying with 4 different cameras all facing the same direction you can run 4 different processes/pictures

Nokia sees all

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-072245.png (720x1440, 486K)

Enhancing

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-072255.png (720x1440, 281K)

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-072304.png (720x1440, 390K)

If you need 3 sensors why the pixel is the best smartphone cam with only one?

Is this a good buy in late 2019? It seems quite cheap presumably due to nobody buying LG phones outside of Korea.

Attached: image.jpg (1492x1297, 677K)

my only problem is that there are 3 cameras and no way of taking 3d pictures

You haven't a fookin clue m8

If everything was done in software then you wouldnt be able to have control over manual exposure, shutter speed and iso.. which I do on my OnePlus 7pro
Had to use apps to get that control on previous phones.

And if sensors were shit then how the fuck do you expplain 4k60fps video looking so damn good straight out of phone. I'll tell you: because phone storage is now nve SSD tier and they can record at very high bit rates. Higher in fact that most "proper" cameras. And with less rolling shutter to boot
The only issue is we can't change focal length and aperture

>

Attached: Regis.png (1280x931, 319K)

Last digit is number of camera for your next phone. ROLL

Attached: iphone_112.gif (213x300, 3.69M)

rolling for 0

Attached: 1568260515953-g.jpg (710x720, 34K)

It'll probably take me years to replace it since I'm not on a contract, so let's see how many cameras there are in a decade's time