Uber vs organized labor

Are the forces of labor and technology diametrically opposed and doomed to an inherent conflict?

Do you ever struggle with the thought that your job as a technologist (especially if you are a SWE) is inherently automating people out of work?

Attached: Screenshot_20190912_134512.png (774x569, 536K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientiousness
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wouldn't be an issue if UBI was a thing

High labor costs are a big incentive to automate. this has been happening since the industrial revolution. New stuff always gets found for these people to do.
>Do you ever struggle with the thought that your job as a technologist (especially if you are a SWE) is inherently automating people out of work?
Not at all, because the lump-of-labor idea is a fallacy.

wasn't needed then, won't be needed now.

>Do you ever struggle with the thought that your job as a technologist (especially if you are a SWE) is inherently automating people out of work?
no. i actually hate people and i think this is my personal revenge for everything they did to me.

unironically based

>wasn't needed then, won't be needed now.

Back then uni was 30$

Yeah, I'm thinking this is based

This
It would require the government to actually collect all the tax companies and rich assholes are supposed to pay
Not gonna happen the USA though, everyone who voted red doesnt understand

That's a gamma male kind of thinking.

you seem to have a distorted idea of how much money can be raised through even much higher taxation rates than we now have, and also a drastic underestimate of how much even a modest UBI program costs.

Also, consider this picture. This is a very widespread attitude.

Attached: even if the second option costs less.jpg (651x389, 40K)

Okay, retard.

Attached: image.jpg (498x496, 438K)

Attached: Americans.jpg (384x395, 24K)

>I am willing to pay more just so you don't stay home and sleep all day
why are people so vindictive

fuck wagecucks

I agree with this post completely, I will not pay for you to not work. I'll gladly pay for someone to be incacerated if they deserve it (alot don't).

Much more jobs are starting to be automated now and many more will be in the future.

Attached: 1567706857913.jpg (505x431, 31K)

I think the fear of making it so people don't have to work is utterly retarded. If we don't need people for the economy anymore then the economic system must adapt. If you don't want to free people from work, what's the point of technology exactly?

>money is a fundamental human right
>we are all special and functioning individuals

Attached: npc crowd.png (435x323, 116K)

Well economic capacity isn't limitless, but people's ability to breed is. UBI necessitates some kind of one-child policy and forced sterilization.

justifying them wasting their life working, probably

Awesome, personally i everyone should be on mandatory chemical birth control and have to pass an exam and pay a supplementary free (say 10k) to gain the right to be taken off their meds for a month to try, add another 10k for every month.

Get rid of all the poor plebs. Who needs service staff when a robot can probably make my subways and burgers better than a human anyway.

You're going to go full china genocide just because your laziness?

sounds like your typical Jow Forums wagie lol

You didn't mention what you'd do about the millions of people who'd lost their job to automation.

Well if you're going to say society has an obligation to support people who produce nothing, then society isn't going to let that obligation be open-ended and ever-increasing. That's going to lead to a social contract where the world says "Okay, we'll pay for you to not starve on the street, but because we have to do that, we're going to demand that you not produce any more people that we have to care for". The minority of the population that still creates wealth and earns money (and that will be paying to support you) will, in return, be the only ones that are trusted to create new lives.

>The minority of the population that still creates wealth and earns money (and that will be paying to support you) will, in return, be the only ones that are trusted to create new lives.
And you just trust govt to do just that. You're too naive nigga.

As technology gets more advanced it becomes much more difficult to retrain people for the equipment that is replacing them. It wasn't hard to teach farmers how to use tractors, or seamstresses to use sewing machines, but try to teach the average Uber driver how to program, much less for AI or machine learning.

>And you just trust govt to do just that. You're too naive nigga.
Of course I don't. I'd never want to see that happen. Hence I oppose UBI.

No, that's retarded. People don't want to have endless amounts of children. Only people too retarded for contraceptive like africans have overpopulation problems.

And you think UBI won't encourage a population of retards?

And the people first in line for UBI will be?

Obviously you need to remove any 3rd worlders from your country before you do UBI. The government already gives lots of money to poor people with lots of children yet the birth rate remains extremely low in the west.
People who have lost their jobs to machines ie everyone.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientiousness
A good chunk of the portion of population lack this trait, or are not expressed enough. To those who are disciplined and are diligent, cheaters (lazy) are the worst.

So when is this super automation you talk about coming? 2020 yang gang?

The birth rate among the first-world poor is much higher. It's only when you give a shit because you're making your own money and paying for the kid that you're careful about having children. How many single moms are responsible people and how many are white trash? You can remove third-worlders before you do UBI. The UBI will then make your native population into third-worlders.

>first in line
you do know the U in UBI stands for Universal for a reason right?

>people literally just driving around whenever they want to deliver some people or food to a location
>make around minimum wage
>no! we need to make sure we aren't worth being hired by demanding to be payed minimum wage, plus keeping all our tips, plus being reimbursed for milage, and we don't want to retain the ability to set our own schedules!
Surely no gig workers actually think this is a good idea? Most of them are going to lose access to the gig economy now that the compensation is doubled by mandate. The ones that don't will lose basically all their flexibility that probably brought them to gig work in the first place. There's a lot of talk about the gig companies just ceasing operations in California because it's literally impossible for them to turn a profit like this.

>Are the forces of labor and technology diametrically opposed and doomed to an inherent conflict?
Only under the festering necrosis that is capitalism. The complete dissolution of human labor as automation becomes more advanced SHOULD be the greatest relief ever experienced by humanity. Scarcity could be effectively abolished, and people would be entirely emancipated from the shackles of work.

But since we live under a system of private monopoly, automation becomes the enemy of the worker, who begs desperately for their own enslavement so that they may continue to court the capitalist class into putting food on their plate.

No, not really. The time productive people spend on getting the neetbux is probably a net loss compared to what they would be making.

Experts say over that it will happen gradually over the next few decades if I remember correctly. It's too early for Yang now.
The birthrate is not particularly high for any group of people besides people like the Amish and such. Industrial society is inherently dysgenic with or without UBI, just how life is.

>People don't want to have endless amounts of children
A lot of people do, and they're generally the last people you want to support.

blah blah blah workers of the world unite

Attached: 1561964170114.png (643x643, 122K)

Experts also said that we'd be using flying cars and cities would be flooded by 2010 due to globel warmen and farting cows.
If you want to play gaymes all day thats fine, just go live with your parents again, no reason to destroy civillization, bucko.

Well that worker isn't going to be putting any food on his own plate. Someone has to give it to him. Either the capitalist has to trade it to him in exchange for his labor, or the government has to steal it from someone by force and give it to him.

>Well that worker isn't going to be putting any food on his own plate.
Not true, he can go hunt deer and build a cabin for himself like ted kazyincki.

Enjoy selling that little boipussi to some rich capitalist fag when automation claims your job, you sycophant.

>Either the capitalist has to trade it to him in exchange for his labor, or the government has to steal it from someone by force and give it to him.
The capitalist won't have to do that when they're able to privatize automation. And the government won't do anything except protect the property of the capitalist. The people must destroy the state and seize the means of production for themselves if they're to survive in the next 50 or so years.

>implying you wont get 2000 years in prison for hunting and thus contributing to climate change in UBIstan

ok whatever loser, keep on drinking the cope-aid

Attached: 1561964201859.png (643x643, 125K)

Wouldn't the only people to benefit from that be literal homeless people with no income? The rise in the price of goods and rent would just rise to meet the new baselines.

a majority of humanity living like this is incompatible with there being nearly eight billion people on the planet. In addition to the fact that 99%+ of people would simply starve to death or die of exposure if suddenly teleported to Ted's cabin.

Stores will simply raise their prices in response to UBI dumbnut

>The rise in the price of goods and rent would just rise to meet the new baselines.
That's already happened in education, its why tuition is so expensive.

Do you not get the core concept of ubi?
It's UNIVERSAL
everyone gets it

With $1000/mo you'd have to try pretty hard to not work at all. it'd be easier to work actually, you wouldn't have to worry about some expenses and could take jobs you otherwise couldn't

FUCK WAGIES

People have already been living solely on welfare for decades

Keep demanding that Uber pay employees more, give them full benefits, increase their wages over time to be "living" levels, and you'll only make self driving taxis happen faster.

Reminder that UBI has never worked.
Every long term study have resulted in complete failure. (US and others)
Even European UBI tests failed and Europe is the king of free Gibs.
The result is always the same.
UBI removed the willingness to work on a mass scale.
Everyone just lived off the UBI and did nothing else.
UBI is for lazy fucks who don't want to work.
My Old dairy farm had a saying.
>If you don't work, you don't eat.

Imagine the dark ages we would be in without California.

good, automation of all physical labor is the only progress worth fighting for.

I'm as far right as it gets but based on JUST the headline this seems like a no-brainer. App-based employees are still employees.

It's always California.

uber should be fined a trillion dollars

To bad all thats going to lead to is a corporate led dystopia that would rather make money selling services than products.

Of course, same with unions. Unions can't protest against their replacements by striking.

Problem with UBI is that corporations can just increase prices. Goverment should create chain of goverment controlled shops that sell basic nececites at fixed prices.

Dumbfuck, that is literally the point of welfare, to cause overpopulation to artificial cheapen labor. There are some states that (I swear to God) pay more than minimum wage per child.

Where's the downside, libertard?

Hmm...

Attached: bread.jpg (1600x1029, 572K)

Actually it would
But not as big as it would be without it
T. Aussie

Ubi needs to come in to offset all the jobs gone to ai robots and imported human slave Labour

i agree everyone except billionaires should be a slave to the state