>just compile from source bro

Attached: Screenshot.png (814x384, 1.19M)

literally always do the opposite of what Jow Forums says and you will be fine

>1.19 MB
kek

> t. corelet

Attached: xycore_20180804_085056340.jpg (323x400, 67K)

Is everyone a malevolent troll or something

Just uneducated neckbeards

Compiling something requires resources?
My god, if only I'd known...

Attached: 1561697338500.jpg (632x950, 130K)

>what? 3 programs I use had 5 CVEs discovered each?!
>ughh that's like 7 hours of compiling I'll just stick with it for a few days
>*gets owned*

TOP FUCKING KEK more like
well noticed

>every single program i use is 20 million LOC
doing it wrong

Why does everyone always pull huge compile times out of their asses? You don't have to recompile your browser on a Bentium 4 every day.

>browser, compiler, package manager, kernel

This is a 8200U and it takes more than an HOUR for a firefox build with PGO, LTO, and other flags.

>browser
lynx
>compiler
tcc
>package manager
apk-tools
>kernel
make allnoconfig

the painful ones get remembered

Because they're lazy and trying to rationalize not installing Gentoo by imagining anyone who uses it is just sitting there all day everyday just compiling shit 24/7.

Attached: 1563586935598.jpg (326x273, 19K)

>4 cores
what is this? 2010?

>lynx
No GUI, no javascript, can't watch videos or do banking. Not a real browser or a replacement thereof.
>tcc
No optimisations, written by randoms.
>apk
Not on arch.
>allnoconfig
Are you fucking retarded?

Is this better

Attached: Screenshot.png (854x382, 2.49M)

This. Buy a dual core intel ULV CPU and install windows 10.

>No GUI, no javascript, can't watch videos or do banking
>No optimisations, written by randoms.
these are all positives
>arch
ew
>Are you fucking retarded?
i didn't say to then enable the 10 modules you need, because i thought you could figure that out, brainlet

>positives
Objective negatives. How about not using a browser, 0 compile times.
>the 10 modules you need
Ever heard of allnoconfig or allmodconfig

>Objective negatives
typical cunt complains about bloat and takes no effort to avoid it
>not using a browser
even better
>allmodconfig
increases compile times

>no optimizations
>positive

Attached: 1565888278078.png (800x999, 755K)

>8200u
Are you fucking stupid

>4 threads
>2019

>complains about bloat
No I'm calling people who compile everything from source or recommend other people do it, retards. And it's not bloat if it's a fundamental feature. Keep your coping mechanisms over featureless apps away.
>even better
I'd be glad if you went off 4channel in that case.
>compile times
I'd very much like actually having drivers I am going to use.
?!?!

>intentionally obfuscating your own system
>positive

the fuck you on about nigger you read machine code for fun or something

Are you telling me I shouldn't have installed fedora?

>intentionally hampering the performance of your software in the name of minimalism
>not insanity

>running 50mbs of ads and botnet js on every page
>fundamental feature
kek
>I'd be glad if you went off 4channel in that case.
what's 4channel? some kind of meme website for kids?
>I'd very much like actually having drivers I am going to use.
then enable them individually

No, you should be using Windows 10. It's more than enough for shitposting, and you won't make those retarded threads.

>not compiling on his 3000 dollar razer blade pro 17 ultimate gaming laptop RGB keyboard equipped with latest and greatest intel laptop CPU
>not doing rave dance while RGB lighting rainbow effects go off as computer compiles software packages in less then minute

How long does that take to compile from source? Surely it's shorter.

>50mbs
Fifty megabits per second retard?
>ads
Ad blocker (lynx doesn't support addons)
>botnet js
Proof? You can't even post on Jow Forums over lynx.
>for kids?
Sure looks like it.
>individually
Ah yes I'll forget about the automatisation computers brought and become a bureaucrat.

0 because it already ships perfectly optimised for your machine if you gave microsoft your hardware specs.

About a $100 I think.

what a fucking mongoloide..

Attached: ss.10.jpg (310x144, 4K)

So I pay $100 and I can get the source code shipped perfectly optimized for my machine?

Nah thats about threefiddy

You get it for free because you're a student and windows ships a kernel and other binaries for you with the next update. It's an automatic process, I wouldn't expect an amateur to know how to optimise code. Most people just compile with -Ofast or -O3 and waste their cache.

But I'm not a student?

>A kernel and binaries
That's not the source code.

What's wrong baby

Attached: Screenshot.png (396x186, 288K)

>not a student?
Get back to work or underage b&.
>source code
You don't need the source code, it's in terabytes and you would never be able to figure out or set up the build system.

this is the person who constantly goes around telling everyone they'll never need more than 4 cores and 8 GiB of memory

>bruh look at this windows all optimized n shiet by microsoft
>intshit CPU has to go into turbo mode every 5 seconds cause another microsoft telemetry sent update shit to windows to patch already broken shit with more shit
>WHHHHHHIiiiiiiiiirrrrr
>oh shiet my SSD already hit the end of its lifespan cause I used windows for atleast an hour every day and microsoft kept sending me garbage patches causing 10 thousand writes a day cause their interns are busy making dance music videos about microsoft
>whoops cant change the drive not allowed to do that anymore
>time to buy new computer
>oooh another intshit computer with 100 more benchmark points I can now run 2 more tabs and another discord chat room
>time to drop another 400 just for the CPU
>whoops computer battery blew up cause windows used too much RAM and the CPU throttled too much on newest windows update install

Attached: laughing.jpg (800x450, 61K)

>Ad blocker (lynx doesn't support addons)
bloat, use a dns filter
>Proof?
try sniffing your outbound packets sometime
>You can't even post on Jow Forums over lynx.
maybe if you're a brainlet
>Ah yes I'll forget about the automatisation computers brought and become a bureaucrat.
you were complaining about compile times but you won't take 2 minutes enabling some modules to reduce it by 95%

Those aren't valid reasons, I have plenty of time to figure it out. It sounds more like they're just trying to hide something from me.

>>intshit CPU has to go into turbo mode every 5 seconds cause another microsoft telemetry sent update shit to windows to patch already broken shit with more shit
FUD and makebelieve.
>10 thousand writes a day
Even if we assume this is true, every modern memory block can sustain hundreds of thousands of writes no problem.
>change the drive
Retard plug n play.
>too much RAM
Windows handles swap correctly, unlike linux that swaps at 20% RAM usage and doesn't deswap on free memory.
>dns
Binary, does not block ads or trackers on allowed domains. Either get a fully bloated page or none at all.
>sniffing
Yes and? Firefox with maxed privacy settings obscures every data.
>brainlet
Record and post a webm of you posting on lynx.
>2 minutes
I'm not a slave to my computer and I don't professionally cater to it, unlike you.

You don't. Generations of engineers at microsoft are taught how to even contribute to the source code, let alone figure out past commits. I very much doubt you would do anything useful with it.
>hide something
Yes, they're rightfully hiding it from some random idiot compiling everything at -Ofast -march=native then blasting every known and unknown forum about compile times, compile faults, and stuttering (icache floods and misses). Prove you're competent to reat the windows source correctly.

>ads or trackers on allowed domains
not a problem when you disable all images and all javascript
>Record and post a webm of you posting on lynx.
post cock first
>I'm not a slave to my computer and I don't professionally cater to it
then you would care more about reducing your compile times

>disable all images and all javascript
You literally cannot post on 4channel like that you dumb LARPer.
>post cock first
Burden of proof etc
>reducing
I care about owning compilefags and using based binaries.

That's not a problem because Microsoft isn't doing anything useful with it either.

>Prove you're competent to treat the windows source correctly
Proof is that I don't work for Microsoft with all the rest of the clueless Pajeets.

>anything useful
Global dark theme and a window manager that doesn't micro stutter, has no screen tearing, and uses 1mb RAM.
>clueless Pajeets
If you're 'woke' and better than Pajeets, Microsoft would love to pay you a 6 figure salary.

I've had all that on my OS since 1998.

>Microsoft would love to pay you a 6 figure salary.
You think I care about that chump change? Fuck off Pajeet.

you have no clue u dumbass.

Attached: ss.39.jpg (292x98, 4K)

>had all that since 1998
Prove it.

No. Get back to work Pajeet, you need to shill in at least 10 more threads today or else you're fired.

There now shut up
>No.
Hahahahah pathetic.

Attached: Screenshot.png (442x291, 15K)

Knowledge must be earned and you haven't earned it.

Great I'll keep using my default windows manager that BTFOs all current linux WMs.

Which one is that? Can you post the source code of it? It should be on Github since microsoft owns that now.

It's called dwm
>should be
Why the fuck would microsoft randomly breach their own license for no reason? What logic is that?

What do you mean no reason? Why does microsoft own github if they aren't going to post source code on it?

I emerge world in a few hours on my 1700x
must suck to be a corelet, and a ULV corelet at that

Because github is a business, it's not there to satisfy dumb freeloaders and their fantasies. And why would they open source it anyway, so people can fork it and put malware on it?

Is that really what happens on Github which is a business owned by microsoft? Freeloaders satisfy their fantasies by forking things and putting malware on them?

Pretty much yeah. Some time ago a few guys that forked firefox had their shit hacked and packaged malware to people with a smile on their faces.

>4 threads
>less than 4GB RAM
what are you, poor?

That sounds like a terrible thing, I wonder why Microsoft would allow that on a business which is owned by them. Especially since no one else at microsoft has ever been hacked or been the target of malware attacks.

The malware resided on pale moon's download delivery servers, not microsofts.

Yes.

Then why are you talking about that? That's not related to Github or Microsoft. It sounds like you're just upset because the shitty autism pajeet browser you use got hacked.

Attached: Untitled.gif (814x384, 45K)

Pale moon source code is hosted on github................. and malwared on their own servers........................... so.?????
What did you do the colors are all wrong.

>Github and Microsoft are responsible for their software being forked and malwared!
>Uhh wait no they're not it was on their own servers nevermind lol
Cool story bro.

bullshit
$20 to upgrade your RAM
you're not so poor that you can't afford $20 to at least upgrade your RAM

Attached: z820 20190912.png (1696x1088, 519K)

My man this a laptop. Original stick got fried and I bought 4gb low voltage ddr3 fro maliexpress.

>laptop
No wonder you're poor. You make bad decisions.

I need a portable machine.

Unironically if you use Gentoo and compile the whole OS from source you can disable all the features you don't want to use or won't need.

Practical upshot is that my KDE Plasma extremely consistently uses under 400MB of RAM when at an empty session on Gentoo regardless of uptime.

Get some cheap ass flash memory and put some swap on it. Just make sure it's not disturbed while operating (as in removed) or your kernel will have a shitfit. Sandisk Ultrafits on a USB 3 port work.

Try zSWAP.

Until then, OP, see if you can put something like this together:

System: Host: m6800 Kernel: 5.2.10-gentoo x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.15.5 Distro: Gentoo Base System release 2.6
Machine: Type: Laptop System: Dell product: Precision M6800 v: 00 serial:
Mobo: Dell model: 0F5HF3 v: A00 serial: UEFI: Dell v: A25 date: 10/08/2018
Battery: ID-1: BAT0 charge: 85.5 Wh condition: 85.5/99.9 Wh (86%)
CPU: Quad Core: Intel Core i7-4800MQ type: MT MCP speed: 2772 MHz min/max: 800/3700 MHz
Graphics: Device-1: Intel 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel
Device-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Ellesmere [Radeon Pro WX 7100 Mobile] driver: amdgpu v: kernel
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.5 driver: intel resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Haswell Mobile v: 4.5 Mesa 19.3.0-devel (git-f2bed9b344)
Network: Device-1: Intel Ethernet I217-LM driver: e1000e
Device-2: Qualcomm Atheros AR93xx Wireless Network Adapter driver: ath9k
Drives: Local Storage: total: 3.19 TiB used: 3.08 TiB (96.7%)
Info: Processes: 270 Uptime: 3d 23h 54m Memory: 31.31 GiB used: 6.68 GiB (21.3%) Shell: bash inxi: 3.0.34

Attached: 1561513482788.jpg (660x799, 36K)

They make cheapo M4700 or M4800 Dells.
15 inch workstations that don't cost an arm and a leg analogous as the little brother to the specs above. Old tech so it's cheap & used.

You should be able to swap the GPU for anything of your liking if that would be your taste.

Omg I didn't actually think of flash for swap. I have a pci card reader. Hahhaha thanks.
Swap a GPU on a laptop?

>swaping 800MB
this hurts to watch

Being contrarian to contrarians literally just makes you another contrarian.

>PGO, LTO
Do these actually make a significant difference? It seems like one of those things that just complicate compilation for extremely diminutive benefits.

Yes on the latest compilers it's amazing. On my machine 17% avg. increase according to online benchmarks.

What do you actually do to warrant so many VMs?

>17%
I mean sure, it's not totally useless, but it isn't exactly a factor of two either. Is that even noticeable in normal use? Hardly sounds worth all the compiler complexity and resource use.

Yes there is effectively no microstuttering. You can smack -Ofast if you wanted to and PGO and LTO will make sure you don't overflow your instruction cache. Every program should be PGO.

>microstuttering

>why haha yes I PREFER microstuttering haha if you like performance you're a gay mer

>4 threads and 4 GB RAM in 2019
That's a yikes from me.

Literally only gaymes are affected by """microstuttering""".

>more swap than RAM
I can hear that hard disk krrrrtkrtkrrrrt *click**click**click* krrrrrrrrrrrrtkrtkrrrrt

>of course hehe if I was using a 2016+ PC I wouldnt care but my laptop happens to stutter so, teehee, I like stuttering

>i totally can't do my job without animations on my screen

Stuttering affects other things too, like audio processing. And if your PC slows down briefly here and there, that's less overall performance, so slightly longer runtimes on anything you want it to do.

>Stuttering affects other things too, like audio processing
What kind of real-time audio processing would you possibly be doing that requires such response times, and why aren't you using a DSP for the task? Oh, right, you're just pretending.