Youtube-dl requires ffmpeg to put audio and video together

>youtube-dl requires ffmpeg to put audio and video together
Why isn't this packaged together for wintards like me?

Attached: 1516332305013.png (656x555, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably the same reason a graphics program I use had no Windows builds for a very long time. Windows users generate noise and trouble and work for the developers, but almost no useful bug reports or patches or the like. Be thankful you get anything at all, FOSS devs almost universally regard the Windows crowd as nothing but a burden.

Use a simpler program, like jdownloader

I just dropped the exe into my ffmpeg folder and it works just fine

It's pretty braindead simple but normies want a 1 click setup solution. Can't say I blame them. They should package ffmpeg with it

If you're actually too stupid to use youtube-dl then
github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui
and if you're too stupid to even do that then you should stick to the ad ridden virus sites on the internet

Because the developers don't care about wintards.

>Video is unavailable

Attached: tired yogi bear.png (320x287, 107K)

>Windows users generate noise and trouble and work for the developers
who would've thunk it, as soon as your program gets released to more than 2% of the market and actually gets users it turns out that developing software and fixing issues users encounter in it is a lot of work and probably requires a well paid team

Right? And they get real people using their software, not fucking autists willing to put up with their retarded design, lack of features, slow updates and attitude because muh freedom and we do it for free. Nobody cares, cry somewhere else, if your product is shit people will just find an alternative that doesn't have those problems because on windows there are hundreds of programs for each task, not one foss project that gets forked and fragmented into oblivion to change the name and move two buttons.

That's not wrong. This is why *nix users get free software and Windows and Mac users get "fuck you, pay me" crap designed to extract revenue from the lowest common denominator. You can choose to either have some intelligence and problem-solving ability, or you can choose to not do that, in which case people will treat you like a retard and exploit you, because why else would they put up with someone like that?

>normies want a 1 click setup solution.

I want a fucking package manager in Windows, like I have on Linux.
Even a 1 click setup is more work because you first have to find the website (and be sure you didn't land on some scam site) and then find the download page.

Why is Windows so much harder to use than Linux?
Even installing Windows 10 is a shitload more complicated than installing most Linux distro's.

chocolatey.org

thanks, will check it out.

It's probably because there's a billion graphics programs on windows that do the same thing

> Latest commit c5c18e5 on Oct 11, 2018

Attached: 1521992221864.png (527x455, 105K)

What the fuck do you want? It automatically updates youtube-dl itself, that doesn't mean the GUI itself needs to change

but what if they change the cl options

Take the source code, change the YouTube DL options related to the GUI and compile it you fucking brainlet

Just make your own GUI bro

Attached: file.png (478x108, 14K)

it is if you install it with a package manager

>youtube-dl
>not being downloadhelper + 4K Downloader master race

Attached: Y9kQHY4.gif (600x400, 534K)

>Even a 1 click setup is more work because you first have to find the website

By this logic you still have to find the exact package name to download. Nevermind sorting through the install instructions to find whatever else you need

Well, install it with scoop. Might be the best option for wintard software management.

which is better?

Not same user, but not really. If you dont know the exact or fuzzy matched package name, you still have full text search (e.g. youtube and/or downloader)

Scoop for you, too. Chocolatey is slower and less clever IMO.

Scoop if you ask me. It is faster & better as CLI software for end users plus you'll probably have a much easier time hacking up and sharing packages for that if needeed.

You can use both though. Scoop mostly does the nix thing and isolates program versions in their own folder. So it won't really conflict with the mostly "windows installers but automated" chocolatey.

Why there is no (up-to-date) youtube-dl GUI for Android? I have to run it from Termux when I want to download videos/audio from the phone and it is very incontinent.

just use newpipe to download

Attached: Screenshot_20190912-205531_NewPipe.jpg (1080x2032, 248K)

this shit breaks every once in a while

So does youtube-dl
You have to keep it updated

>download YouTube-dl.exe
>download ffmpeg
>put all in the same folder
>profit
What is difficulty on this?

explain why it's better.

Free software means freedom, not price. If you're upset with lack of features and support then pay. I know I wouldn't maintain any ports to a non-free operating system that makes my life difficult, unless you paid me a very large amount of money.