What are the IT jobs with the most free time?

What are the IT jobs with the most free time?
I know it's cliché but I don't really care about money, and I don't need it for anything besides food and rent (all my interests are literally free).
I would love a job where I can have a lot of free time, just with a computer, to learn new skills and read.

Attached: DVtiqaqVAAAfO6u.jpg (1200x900, 219K)

I'm talking about a full-time job with a lot of time and/or a part-time job. Although I'm not sure if a part-time job would be enough to earn a living and have my own place.
I've heard that sysadmins can have a lot of free time at work, but I've also heard that their work can be very stressful, which is contradictory.

>What are the IT jobs with the most free time?

No such thing. Don't believe in the Jow Forums LARPs. Even if some of the laid back job stories are true, these anons are setting themselves up for failure when they need to find another job.

sysadmin

I haven't lurked that much here but I guess you mean people bragging about not doing anything at work? I guess that those stories are exaggerated, yeah.
But what about part-time jobs? is it possible to live in 2019 with an IT part-time job? Or even a remote job.

its called feast or famine
its either everything is working, or a business critical ESXi host had some hardware failure and 60 virtuals are all down
the HA migration failed for at least half of them
4 of them are RHEL virtuals with XFS filesystem errors since the host shit the bed
and some director is calling you because he can't access his reports since the server that generates them is dead.

Whyt are the IT jobs where I can work on a BLIT terminal?

why an IT job? just be an average white collar monkey and you can usually automate 75% of your already low spreadsheet workload

This does sound stressfull, lol. But I could deal with an stresfull 8 hours shift once in a while. If the other days are full of free-time.
I guess there are none nowadays.
Basically because it's what I'm studying and what I like doing (programming and/or Linux system administration).
I guess that a random office job can also be light. But I suppose that IT would pay more since you need more education.

IT at a school

Management

you might try a corporate gig at a company where the main product is not computer related, but they have small in house development team to keep the database and crud apps alive.

Data center engineer, bag yourself one Inna remote place and your laughing

>is it possible to live in 2019 with an IT part-time job?
I don't think those exist.
>Or even a remote job.
Sure, I have one. It isn't all sunshine and roses, though. You have all day to do the work, but you still have to do it, or you're fucked.

Night security guard. You get paid to sit there and do whatever you want. Most people just watch TV, but you could program instead.

How do you retards not understand how relatives work
>what's the best car of these three
>they're all shit
Okay so what's the least shit

That's pretty much how my govt dev job is. It's 95% waiting on someone else to do something.

Our IT pretends to be busier. I dunno if they actually are.

>What are the IT jobs with the most free time?
One where you consistently work about 40 hours a week. Your actual workload on the job will vary heavily between occasional stretches of nearly dead time and times where you’re working well past normal hours to make deadlines.

If you have free time, you’re generally better off asking for more work to make sure that you’re needed in as many applications as possible and can’t just casually be replaced by a bean counter.

I've had an esxi server go like this. We have all these 3rd parties using the vms as QA environments. That was probably the worst day of my job, especially because I'm a developer by training, and I didn't really know what I was doing.

The trick is to live as close to work as possible. If you don't care about money then it's worth spending extra so that you save 5-10 hours travel time weekly

That seems rather risky given how tech is a field that’s inherently prone to disruption. For all we know, half the jobs as we know them won’t be around in 20 years thanks to AI automating the coding process.

i work from home as a sys engineer/tier 2 support

pay is meh but i can afford to live in most cities

Attached: 1538530638586.jpg (1249x1010, 244K)

This

Attached: IMG_20190912_185937_544.jpg (600x400, 36K)

Ideally you would want a job that pays more, not to afford a lifestyle of luxury, but so you can get all the necessities taken care of and set aside a good piece of cash to build your nest egg. Imagine how much free time you'd have when you can retire at 50 something and make very few changes to the lifestyle you'd always lead up until that point.
TL;DR, Use your free time now to earn buckets money so you can have nothing but free time in 30 or so years.

Attached: 1520544973154.jpg (902x960, 119K)

I worked at HostGator web hosting shortly after they were bought by EIG. I had a lot of down time over night and worked on learning bash, but they're not like that anymore, most the support is outsourced and they care more about upselling shit.

This picture speaks to me on so many levels