Xiaomi Mi Band

Should I get one, guys?

I wanna track my pulse, count steps, adjust my sleep

Attached: xiaomi-mi-band-4-chernyj.png (470x470, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

f-droid.org/en/
amazfitwatchfaces.com/search/mi-band-4/tags/anime
youtube.com/watch?v=enNI1eqM9XU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Following this thread only cause I got a Xiaomi Phone with a notch and wondering similar... Apparently the band has NFC which is pretty cool if you can use it for Google Pay

yeah sure, fuck privacy

too poor for a fitbit? My brother got two of these chinky pieces of crap, one stopped working properly and the other's charging cable stopped working too
meanwhile my dad's fitbit is going strong as ever

I, too, have acquired a phone of patriotic brand, comrade. Please post more posting of positivity of Xiao Mi in this forum.

samsung devices often go for 50% off and they have a great reputation. they have one band-like device if you prefer that formfactor.
im afraid you'll be wasting money on this junk

Can you not @ me thanks

just block him sweety

just ordered myself one of these
exactly my paranoia

>samsung devices
Do they work well with non samsung phones?

>too poor for a fitbit?
Quick research shows this is overpriced shit

Can you block people on this? x

>>samsung devices
>Do they work well with non samsung phones?
Yeah. The only thing you'll be missing out is integration with a couple of Samsung applications like email and voice recorder.
You can even use them with iphones or as a completely standalone device.

Yup. When you reply to a post just enter the post number in the "Name" field, and "Block" in "Options" field, without quotes.

Ok I tried it there, did it work?

FitBits are pieces of shit.
Buy a Samsung Wearable, they're far better than anything FitBit shits out.

looks like it, you won't be seeing his chans anymore.

Can I
- a) use it without internet connection (obviously not using online features then, but having a watch and stuff like fitness tracking)
and
- b) use it without a phone?
Also, what's the sleep tracking stuff I see in this kind of things - will it measure my sleep cycles and adjust an alarm to the best time to wake up, or something? Or is just a dumb sleep timer of some sort

Mine is very inaccurate it shows 300 steps from sitting at the computer

yea it's comfy, I made a custom watchface for mine
MI's app is alright for tracking, you can also consider gadgetbridge, haven't tried it but it seems nice and it's FOSS

Attached: PSX_20190913_035340.jpg (2630x2631, 1.93M)

yes, mi band 4 owner here
I literally lost about 15kg thanks to this little shit, and still going
no idea how much 15kg is in british raccoons or whatever amerifats use
also it's the most effective alarm I've ever gotten. Some shit vibrating in your arm wakes you right the fuck up, faster than any sound-based device.
Some features are memes (cal count is shit but you can just link it to google fit and it compensates that problem) but others are accurate enough (steps, pulse) and the amount of watchfaces is fucking painful, I literally can't stop changing them because I'm autistic
you can check and dismiss notifications too, no duplicates
music control is nice too
all this for like 30 bucks btw

Get a noose instead

NFC version is china/alipay only.
>a) use it without internet connection
yes
>b) use it without a phone?
yes but your tracking info will only last a day, the phone app is the one archiving it. Also it needs to be updated at least once when you get it or else it will be on chinese.
>Also, what's the sleep tracking stuff I see in this kind of things
it tells you the exact time you fall asleep/wake up, its quality, and gives you a score and tips based on other users of your same physiology.

>Xiaomi Mi
sounds like chinkshit, why would you do this to yourself? do you want winnie the pooh spying on everything you do?

If you want actual user experience about MiBands then go to /chink shit general/ otherwise you'll have to deal with brainwashed martsharters and shills. Surprised no one recommended applel watch to you yet.

Yes, show the chinese just how active you are! :^)

Attached: _83103256_022330992.jpg (624x351, 54K)

>Wang Dong

Attached: hue.jpg (425x283, 38K)

>t. glowie

>NFC version is china/alipay only.
that fucking sucks

Nice retro watchface.

More like shitbit.

you can run the band on open source software from f-droid.

I've had a mi band 2 for years, battery life beats everything else by weeks.
Git wife an amazfit bip, also has a 1 month battery life and the notifications are much more useful (full content and dismissable).

elaborate
mine arrived just a hour ago

I had the mi band 3, which i used to track my runs throughout the last year since i was training to run a 10k marathon. I really liked using it, and being able to see incoming notifications is a nice plus too. Unfortunately I lost it so I'm thinking of buying the mi band 4 but I don't feel like spending money right now.

i got the miband 4 its an okay fitness tracker. the longest i havent synced it to the app was two weeks and the sleep data and steps are there sotred just fine. the step tracking doesnt really work for me tho my job includes waving my hands so it tracks that.

VivoSport. Garmins heart rate sensor is much better. Although the Mi Bands screen is definitely brighter, better colors etc., the VivoSport tracks heart rate constantly instead of every 1 min like the Mi Band, also it's more accurate.

I've got one and it works well, however I'm a watchfag so wearing one watch all the time is annoying and wearing a watch on one wrist and this on another is retarded
there's an app on fdroid that doesn't phone home but gives you most of the features the MiBand app gives you

where do i get fdroid cant find it on play store

f-droid.org/en/

>Wang Dong

Is there an a generic app for any brand of fitness trackers? I have this chink fitness bands that 9nly sell in a few regions and their app is kind of shit.

going trough the same problem
its for miband 3 and 4 not 2 so im fucked lads

get a Xaomi Amazefit Bip, does more and is like 50 bucks

check something named "notify and fitness" on google play

>does more
not really
also the screen, while bigger, has a lower resolution. It does have the advantage of being "always on" having that e-ink hybrid thingy.

based

got it works great thanks a lot user!

this is why i love this internet site, none of those rude or mean words like on that "reddit" place.
xx

I got the miband 3 and it is reasonable. Using it with a 3rd party app, mostly for sleep tracking and to see notifications although seeing how much I walked is also usually fun enough.

I think the miband 4 supports putting anime waifus on the watch face, so you probably should get that one.

>My brother got two of these chinky pieces of crap, one stopped working properly and the other's charging cable stopped working too
What the fuck?

How the would you break the charging cable? It's short and overall far more sturdy than a type-c connector, plus you only use it every 15+ days. Even if you broke it, why didn't you replace it for $2-3 or so? Never mind the Mi band's electronic components actually also are robust.

Even the mi band 1's were still working here, I just don't use them anymore.

for pulse it's shit imo
step counting is good (though you can do that with your phone)
sleep tracking is good, you barely notice it on your wrist when you sleep
I mostly use it for incoming notifications

sure as long as its the mi band 3 which is compatible with gadgetbridge
the band 4 is still being worked on

AFAIK notify & fitness works.

And arguably, so does the original Xiaomi app.

Been using Mi Band 3 for half a year now. I only use it for weather, time and notifications which are working good. Battery life is love

>the miband 4 supports putting anime waifus on the watch face

Attached: 1568301858_34064343c4.gif (120x240, 173K)

Attached: 1562599552_ce4ca3339c.gif (120x240, 26K)

Attached: 1567540685_7d9821dea8.gif (120x240, 561K)

Yep. And for example these:
amazfitwatchfaces.com/search/mi-band-4/tags/anime

But actually I myself didn't switch from the mi band 3 yet. Maybe soon...

Yeah, I got a Pocophone, so I wished for the next mi band to have NFC, and not like the 3, but we got the same shit. But this time you can get cute anime watch faces with color.

honestly i find a watch that does not display the time 24/7 not worth getting

used a pebble for 6 years, not have a bip
for me battery life and the always on is key

the mi band 4 has 20 days of battery life, and yea not having the display always on is annoying but this thing is fuckin packed for the price so I manage

kys schizo

i got smartband(sony) first then went to chinkshit mi band 3

>sleep tracking
nah that shit cant wake me up and i am still waking up 9am isntead of 7am
>pulse
why? its useless info. only glowniggers and beijing keeps it
>count steps
your phone already does that

Its quite handy on notification buuuuuut i wouldnt pay money equivalent to a beep on my phone

tldr;i fell for it and its shit dont buy it

the Bip gets up to 45days
and up to 4 months if you use a simple watchface and only use the stepcounter

whats the best way to get new custom watch faces?

Works on my machine

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-195939_Gadgetbridge.png (720x1280, 49K)

I have one, it's nice but not necessary if you're trying to improve your health. You're better off saving the 30ish dollars and exercising more, eating more healthy. Your eating schedule is going to alter your sleep schedule more than a watch will.
That said, it's nice to have so I don't have to pull my phone out to read text messages. That's it.

>the Bip gets up to 45days
Well yes, but IIRC that was multiple times the size, weight, cost.

I'm going with: It's not really worth it. YMMV.

Definitely. They are excellent for their price. It's incredible how they went from just a tracker with three indicator lights to almost a full-blown smartwatch with almost the same low price.
I have a Mi Band 2 myself. I'm not really sporty, so my most used feature is the sleep tracker and only then pedometer.
Notifications are also quite decent. Although it doesn't show the text of new messages (it was added on mi band 3 later, mi 2's screen was just too smol for that), it shows the icon of app it was from. And you won't miss a call with it, too.
The only issue is that the included rubberband wears out really quickly. But there are plenty of replacements.
I think Mi Band 4 is just as decent, if not even better. There's also Amazfit Bip, which is basically a Xiaomi's take at Pebble.

Attached: IMG_20190914_012329.jpg (3456x4608, 3.02M)

i would prefer something bigger, able to replace my phone.

youtube.com/watch?v=enNI1eqM9XU

Attached: 1562270910112.gif (728x720, 550K)

the band is 30 bucks, the watch is 50 bucks
also the watch is super light, i barely notice wearing it compared to my pebble classic and pebble steel

There's a reason for that, it runs a proprietary OS and can't support Google Pay meaning Xiaomi would have to get approval from every bank they want on their watch and I really doubt that would happen.
Samsung Pay is supported by every bank I know of in Australia and FitBit Pay is supported by most major ones also.

The notify and fitness app has an option to wake the screen when you lift your hand to see the band. Works for band 3 and 4.

does the same on the watch, but instead of having to turn on the screen, it turns on the backlight

Attached: 1557932398862.jpg (1030x897, 181K)