Why cant this shit be broken?

why cant this shit be broken?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (640x400, 15K)

But it has been broken or bypassed repeatedly

because otherwise they don't have a business model

anno 1800 is still not cracked. some games took over a year to bypass. its not looking good

that's only because none of the crackers give a shit enough to do it

It's broken all the time. It's just a tedious process that's not worth doing for every game.

>anno 1800

Is free to play until the 30th. Better than nothing.

Because they pay crackers to hold off cracking it for some time.

Because denuvo is insidious. Everyone says its a DRM but the way it works is horrible.
Denuvo is basically a VM, in the sense of the JVM; but each time you compile the game it creates a _new_ "assembly language" for the game, and a new JIT for it too.
That's why it's hard to crack, people have to spend a bunch if time trying to map out what denuvo instruction is which x86 instruction.
Couple that with the fact the game binaries are usually encrypted and denuvo itself unencrypts them on the fly...
Its hard. Its VMProtect but good.

It is. Frequently. It just is updated and striped into the games as anti tamper so people need to break each version/update.

that seems rather clever

evil clever

Denuvo was made by crackers to stop crackers. At the end of the day they will win because all the good crackers were caught, got bored, or are getting old.

not as bad as starforce, that shit would lock the mouse up at random intervals OUTSIDE the game it was so intrusive

this protection method causes about 20-50fps drops on some games (they get 50fps instead of 120 in most of case with buffy hardware)
its horrible

Imagine paying for something this shitty. There's "nonfree" software, and then there's blatantly fucking the consumer as hard as possible.

BROOOS!

Attached: 1558522986095.png (524x254, 128K)

the only binary that is encrypted is the main executable. none of the other files are encrypted via debungo. you are right about it being a stupidly bloated VM. the main executable is known to be 10x larger than the DRM free version.
the challenge is how it phones home and gets its encryption keys. it purely depends on your CPU, some sort of hash based off it. that's why ealier cracks had intel/amd specific versons.

Because nobody with an IQ above 110 cares about those interactive movies

>spending money on making a product worse on purpose
*snap* Yep. This one's going in my market failures compilation.

It can be broken. When making DRM it take less time to make than break, so they spend their time making something ridiculously complex. It's breakable. In the future they'll make something that's too complex to break manually so someone will build some anti-DRM machine learning tools or something and rape DRM forever.

That's like 5 games over hundreds. I'd say the situation is pretty good

>HANDBALL
lol

the fuck is handball 17

better than handegg

It gets broken day 1 with games people actually give a fuck about playing.

That was FUD. Even Lords of the Fallen - a game which easily crunches 8 cores - did not suffer from performance problems compared to its pirated counterpart.

Because, unlike what freetards want you to believe, people generally don't work for free.

That's because denuvo wasn't removed only cracked, ya dingus.

No freetard will every say that free software must be given away for free. Every free license specifically allows sale.

>selling free software
Come on, we've been over this a thousand times.

There's literally nothing wrong with selling free software.

Nothing wrong, you just won't make money.

>red hat doesn't make money
>qt licensing doesn't make money
>Microfocus/Novell/Suse doesn't make money
the state of (You)

Which is why Red Hat went bankrupt and isn't a billion dollar company, right?

They make money with support, not by selling software.

stopped me from buying new games, seems like it has been good to me in hindsight

it can be cracked, and its quite easily crackable. (the whole drm is based around hardware machine id certification)

This is why I haven't bought or pirated a game in a decade.
I can't even play some of my old games anymore because of DRM.
Fuck games, there are better uses of your time.

this, the last good AAA games are from 00' - 2010 anyway.
you only get these pseudo cinematic, shit gameplay fests with DRM plus SKINSSKINSKINS now. atrocious zoomer crap. anyone who plays that shit is a self-identifying retard in my eyes.

>why cant this shit be broken?
It has been cracked for years now, if your game is not cracked it is because noone gives enough shit about it.

The only people that would tell you the truth about the strength of Denuvo are those who have cracked it (or at least analyzed it) because they know the protection in detail and you simply won't find them here. Statements without assembly to back them up should be considered false or inaccurate in the realm of reverse engineering. Saying the protection relies on hardware ID and uses VM obfuscation doesn't even scratch the surface when you can't show any example of such in the executable.

See , I can bet he won't be able to explain the supposed "easy" cracking process on a Denuvo game if asked.

The major groups involved in cracking are on hiatus, usually because a key member is on vacation

Now look at Doom (2016), or any other game whose DRM was removed after being cracked, and try the same excuse.

A lot of cracks didn't even work with X58 platform, not sure if they still have that problem but I've upgraded now.

This is scary.

Either is wrong or you are, pick one.
JIT compilation has a non-trivial cost.

It's not a "JIT compilation" I don't know where this is coming from.

Why did nobody crack this just for e-credit and memes?

If it's a virtual machine akin to the JVM, llvm, or the CLR, it has to, at runtime, convert from the artificial instruction set the VM uses (which apparently changes every time you compile) to the processors native instruction set.
This runtime conversion process is known as just in time, or JIT, compilation.
It has a non-trivial cost, which is why languages like C# and Java are significantly slower than native languages like C++ or Rust.

now who is wrong, you, or him
Given denuvo's involvement with VMProtect, wherein they were ironically caught pirating it, I'm inclined to think it's you

>gets broken every time
>can't be broken
Choose one

The crackers obviously need some incentive to work on a specific title, if it hasn't been cracked, it just means noone cared for it to be cracked.

JIT is done at program startup, after that the executable is run from memory. There is no additional runtime overhead apart from startup. Also the reason C# and Java are slower than C++ or Rust has absolutely nothing to do with the JIT compiler (apart from startup time) but how their runtimes are structured.

It's good in terms of security but horrible in terms of processing power. It makes sense for software where you can spare some cpu time, but for games you're either neutering your products' engine or inflating system requirements.