Can someone please post that picture with rust vs cpp decompiler differences on the same program? need to trigger somone

can someone please post that picture with rust vs cpp decompiler differences on the same program? need to trigger somone

also rust shit talking general

Attached: shit.png (480x240, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

net.in.tum.de/fileadmin/bibtex/publications/papers/the-case-for-writing-network-drivers-in-high-level-languages.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

oh come on

Not Rust's fault you write shit code, nigger. Fuck off and have sex

Attached: 1564845371558.png (3834x868, 135K)

threadly reminder this has never been and will never be refuted.

cniles are angry af lmao

Attached: 1566782592157.png (3062x1098, 400K)

Given
int isReserved(char c)
{
switch (c) {
case ';':
case '/':
case ':':
case '@':
case '&':
case '=':
case '+':
case '$':
case ',':
return 1;
}
return 0;
}

GCC outputs
isReserved:
subl $36, %edi
cmpb $28, %dil
ja .L2
movzbl %dil, %edi
jmp *.L4(,%rdi,8)
.L4:

.L2:
xorl %eax, %eax
ret
.L5:
movl $1, %eax
ret

Clang outputs
isReserved: # @isReserved
addl $-36, %edi
cmpl $28, %edi
ja .LBB0_2
movl $1, %eax
movl $314575237, %ecx # imm = 0x12C00985
btl %edi, %ecx
jae .LBB0_2
retq
.LBB0_2:
xorl %eax, %eax
retq

people with jobs are sleeping at this hour should've figured only 16 yo shills would answer

>C
>Jobs
lmao learn Java if you want jobs.

Attached: 1535935817856.png (1000x1000, 58K)

>case ';':
> case '/':
> case ':':
> case '@':
> case '&':
> case '=':
> case '+':
> case '$':
> case ',':
match is infinitely better

because java and C++ solve the same problems, you are very gifted

Why does it list only pros in the against C section?

Yes it looks a bit nicer but this didn't take that long to type out and desu you don't do it that often

>C
>C++
Get glasses, grandpa and learn to read.

Not Rust's fault you write shit code, nigger. Fuck off and have sex

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-13 10-08-42.png (3840x972, 180K)

>writing same code 60 times is good
get a load of this suckless boomer lol

Attached: 1537771566378.png (1200x1400, 502K)

read op, think think cpp stands for C++. so instead you're saying C and Java solve the same problems, you re trying to show off your intelligence I take it?

this is amazing

LLVM optimized C, C++ and Rust will generate the exact same ASM provided you use the same data structures and algorithm. This thread is full of brainlets.

>read op
Read the image you replied to, boomer

Here's your obligatory, yet unironic "Rust is a tranny language" post.

Attached: FB_IMG_1567132029511.jpg (1185x395, 69K)

here's your obligatory, yet unironic, "i never shipped code in production" reply

alright im pretty triggered

golang doesn't have generics

>I ship code all the time in rust

Yeah, sure kid.

Nice hobby language.

>comparing compiled vs interpreted languages
WHY CANT C DO THIS LMAO

i meant it the other way around but sure

and still no one with the picture

Who gives a fuck if Rust is more instruction dense? Literally a pointless metric. Storage space is dirt cheap, and the majority of security vulnerabilities in systems are caused by memory safety:
www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/microsoft-70-percent-of-all-security-bugs-are-memory-safety-issues/

Because it's an arbitrary and pointless metric. But since you want to jerk off about it so much, here you go:
net.in.tum.de/fileadmin/bibtex/publications/papers/the-case-for-writing-network-drivers-in-high-level-languages.pdf
(Per the abstract, Rust generates 63% more instructions per packet then C, but only runs 4% slower)

Like fuck, I don't even code Rust but JESUS enough with the hate boners already.

Attached: iu1.png (600x624, 342K)

First they laugh
Then they hate
Then they deny
Then they surrender

t. Rustchad :^)

What's the common point between kernel, driver, 2/3D engine and networking developers?
They can't use generic data structures and algorithms most of the time.
Performance and predictability matter way more than following a fucking corporate UML graph using std::vector or ArrayList for everything.
C++ allow me to do C with tiny layer of abstraction (nullptr, std::thread, high_resolution_clock, etc) which is the perfect middle ground between C and higher-level languages.
>writing same code 60 times is good
If you weren't such a turboretard you would know people and/or companies build their own libs to reuse FOR THEIR SPECIFIC CASE, they don't have to care about their fucking functions working with float when they know they will absolutly never use anything else than int.

Two downside of C and C++ are pointers arithmetic, it prevents array optimizations that fortran does and utf8, everything else is useless to have in the core language as it's useless for the thing C is used for.
also rust is here for C++, not C as building a C compiler is the first thing ever you do when you finalize your ISA and qemu emulator becaues it extremely powerful yet simple to do thanks to pointers.

Rust will be faster than C and C++ once LLVM fixes its aliasing bugs and implements proper const optimizations.

There is nothing you can do to stop this.

DEALLOCATE THIS

i think "clean" (aka easy to read, hard to misuse) code can help with library reuse between teams, even more so for APIs

You will never be a real woman.

There is nothing you can do about it.

C99 will be able to fully leverage any aliasing bugs that get fixed by LLVM, as it has the `restrict` keyword.

>Literally a pointless metric. Storage space is dirt cheap,
but cache space and cache efficiency is the most expensive part of modern cpu performance.

I'm learning rust now. Why is it a tranny language, I don't get it.

this lol

In GNU C the restrict qualifier is deducted from malloc'd pointers so it shouldn't even be necessary to use it explicitly

Give me 7 good reasons to learn rust instead of continuing to be a c++chad

>lmao learn Java if you want jobs.
low tier jobs

Comfy programming socks.

>Who gives a fuck if Rust is more instruction dense? Literally a pointless metric. Storage space is dirt cheap
t. smoothbrain

literally anyone who unironically thinks that C and C++ are any "better" than Rust, never actually has any experience in any of the three languages

C is better than Rust, but C++ isn't.

that's because you never worked professionally in C or Rust. Your education is probably stopped at high school at most so I won't even start a debate with someone who's most probably retarded. Nobody would start a big/crucial project today in C except for embedded systems.

I am a professional C programmer, though. I literally do write decently large C systems.

embedded

but it won't be able to use all of the const optimizations.

C is the worst of the three

I love this thing. Rust is the best language ever.

I love not being able to "mutate" (awesome new word for change/vary) variables by default! I really like that Rust makes you beg for permission every time you want to do anything useful.

I love how verbose the language is, it's so ergonomic. Imagine just typing out exactly what you mean instead of having the compiler interrogate you like a jealous girlfriend about where your pointer has been.

I really love begging the compiler to just work, especially when I want to implement a doubly linked list. I have to specify "unsafe" or have someone else do the coding for me (import a crate). It's like being born with a dildo up your ass by default and having to beg for it to be removed just so you can focus on what you're doing.

One of Rust's best features is how it throws away all the baggage of having a common and well-supported environment like C and C++. Instead MODULES. Modules modules modules. And crates. We will rewrite everything in Rust before we can resume what we're doing! I love how the language changes daily and is so unstable that I have to use an out of date compiler just to keep my project stable.

I love having SJWs and trannies in the core team tell me what to do. I love having to apologise for being white and justify my existence by adopting the latest fad mental illness, like being a multi-gender-representing bisexual otherkin.

Fuck you Ceniles. Rust is the future, get out of the way.

Background: I am into cuckoldry and love femdom, I like being told what to do.

It makes you painfully aware of your memory usage and pointer lifetime. But coming from C++, polymorphism is either shit or unfinished.
It also brings some C++ 's newer features, such as move semantics, and gets to leave behind the legacy of quality design of C++.
But make no mistake, nothing in this world is perfect. Don't expect it to be super easy, intuitive, or fun. The language is not that mature, not yet atleast.

>C and C++ are pointers arithmetic, it prevents array optimizations that fortran does
You can use the restrict keyword in C or __restrict__ in C++ to fix that.

c++ is

>post that picture with llvm vs llvm decompiler differences on the same program?

You sound retarded.

what do you make in salary?

>Java
>Rust
>Interpreted
wut

>>>butthurt

Muh sjws
If that’s all you can say it must be good

I love accidentally clobbering a vector while iterating it and causing memory corruption. Such fun! It's also fun when other people clobber my values when I'm not expecting it.
Speaking of fun, you know what else is fun? Dangling pointers! I know more than the compiler, what's wrong with using a pointer after freeing it? The value is still there, right, so what's the harm?
I love reinventing the wheel at every turn! Why bother using A/rc/Weak when you could reimplement everything yourself and introduce dozens of bugs!
I love C++'s very intuitive way of handling multiple files. What kind of tranny /wouldn't/ want to recompile thousands of header files hundreds of times? I'm quite salty that C++20 is introducing modules, gonna have to go back to C. >:[
Java is sometimes interpreted, mainly paths that aren't executed frequently enough to be worth jitting.

>Rustfaggot

Attached: rustfag-answer.png (670x994, 90K)

>defending C with C++

>C's fault when programmer writes shit code
>Not rusts fault when programmer writes shit code
You fucking trannies are joke

>creating a strawman to win an argument

Thanks bruh, but I don't need an H1B.

lol if you have to write your code in a specific way just to achieve the same machine code output then it's inferior

>Just don't use Rust that way!
Thanks Steve Jobs

>Accuse everyone who likes Rust of being a shill.
>Copypaste the same regularly-refuted garbage into every thread about Rust on Jow Forums
Fuck off.

Thats what you’re doing

>NO U
>NO U
The only argument a RUSTFAG has

>Scratch

> c++ == horrible
Seconded.

Reminder that Rust excellently leverages superscalar processors' capabilities and gets less cycles/instruction than C.

I see what you pasta there
>replying to pasta
>deserves to be pasta itself
Legends walk among us

the lack of self awareness of rust trannies is just insane

>I love not being able to "mutate" (awesome new word for change/vary) variables by default! I really like that Rust makes you beg for permission every time you want to do anything useful.
I love how free and unrestricted I can make my program data without those SJWs getting in the way. Watch, I can take a const pointer (which might even be null or dangling, oh the excitement!) and modify its contents anyway! Take that, libtards!
>I love how verbose the language is, it's so ergonomic. Imagine just typing out exactly what you mean instead of having the compiler interrogate you like a jealous girlfriend about where your pointer has been.
What do you mean my program is prone to bugs and security issues? Stop telling me what to do, mom, you don't know nothing!
>I really love begging the compiler to just work, especially when I want to implement a doubly linked list. I have to specify "unsafe" or have someone else do the coding for me (import a crate). It's like being born with a dildo up your ass by default and having to beg for it to be removed just so you can focus on what you're doing.
>using doubly linked lists in 1984+35
The standard library already gives you a perfectly functioning doubly linked list, as well as even better alternatives like vectors.
>One of Rust's best features is how it throws away all the baggage of having a common and well-supported environment like C and C++.
>common and well-supported environment
lol
>Instead MODULES. Modules modules modules. And crates.
You're gonna love C++20 then!
>We will rewrite everything in Rust before we can resume what we're doing!
Nothing's stopping you from taking advantage of Rust's perfectly good FFI so you can integrate as much Rust as you want into your existing codebase.
>I love how the language changes daily and is so unstable that I have to use an out of date compiler just to keep my project stable.
Rust has editions, just like C++ has different standards. No issues here.
>everything else
bait

That just calls a standard library function. How is that in any way comparable to the other asms posted?

>U SJW
This is all your typical assflustered cnile has to say.
Cope.

>C is okay because C++ is better than C
Cnile logic

absolutely seething

Size and speed of your programs does matter.
Rust doesn't produce much larger programs than C brainlet.

They're orders of magnitude larger, because you have to statically link fucking everything.

That's outdated

>C IS BAD NOT THE PROGRAMMERS
>NOOOO YOU CANT WRITE RUST CODE LIKE THAT!!

There's a difference between writing slow code and writing insecure/wrong code, you fucking nigger.

>what are compiler flags

In theory it can use dynamic linking, it practice, absolutely nobody fucking does, because their official build system railroads you into static linking, they're extremely hostile to other build systems, and they don't even have a fucking stable ABI.

>railroads you into static linking
Just because it's default, doesn't mean you can't change that.

>extremely hostile to other build systems
How? Just use rustc with whatever you want.

I took a big Rust this morning

Have fun with absolutely no access to Rust dependencies, which every rust project has literally dozens to hundreds of.
It's especially bad since the Rust standard library is fucking useless, and is missing extremely basic shit like generating a pseudo-random number.

You can link dependencies with rustc just fine

You really destroyed that strawman like you mutilated your cock...

>clobbering a vector while iterating it
This is a logic error that has nothing to do with the language.

>when other people clobber my values
Wut? There are no other people inside the computer, only inside your head.

>Reinventing the wheel
There are more libraries for C++ than for Rust.
Meanwhile Rust fags are busy cloning basic stuff that already exists in C or C++ and writing shitty basic GUI frameworks

>recompile thousands of header files
This is not a problem in practice, with precompiled headers and include-what-you-use principle.
Besides, despite that compiling C++ is still faster than compiling Rust.

But basically it all boils down to: show us.
Where are the super secure and super fast things written in Rust? For years you've been shitting on C++ by disingenuously pointing at CVEs caused by issues in C programs, but we're still waiting for the secure and fast HTTP server / DNS server / DHCP server / etc. written in Rust. Where is your answer to nginx? To SQLite? To PostgreSQL ? That's the difference between C and C++ developers and Rust faggots : C and C++ devs DELIVER, while you guys write some version 0.1.34 toy crate, get bored and move on to something else.

>This is a logic error that has nothing to do with the language.
Yet rust as a language prevents this kinds of bugs.

>Wut? There are no other people inside the computer, only inside your head.
>t. Never worked in a team

>There are more libraries for C++ than for Rust.
Yet Cfags are obssesed with writing their own linked list implementations and accuse Rust of using too many depedencies.

>This is not a problem in practice, with precompiled headers and include-what-you-use principle.
>Besides, despite that compiling C++ is still faster than compiling Rust.
The problem is not that it's slow. The problem is that it's completely unnecessary and bloats the code.

>Where are the super secure and super fast things written in Rust?
Plenty of companies adopt Rust for this kind of projects.

>Where is your answer to nginx? To SQLite? To PostgreSQL ? That's the difference between C and C++ developers and Rust faggots : C and C++ devs DELIVER
All these projects are much older than (releasee) Rust. Do you expect hundreds of experiences Rust devs to appear out of nowhere and develop large scale projects in few months?

The tears in this post .... did you miss a HRT dose?
>Reminder that Rust excellently leverages superscalar processors' capabilities and gets less cycles/instruction than C.
Are you being ironic?

>Are you being ironic?
I think he's being retarded

>Yet rust as a language prevents this kinds of
No it doesn't. If your logic writes the wrong value, it will write the wrong value. You fucking retard.
>t. Never worked in a team
A team doesn't work on one function simultaneously you fucking leper
>Yet Cfags are obssesed with writing their own linked list implementations
Have you done any kernel development? Linked lists are a basic building block you can't use an abstraction for.
>The problem is not that it's slow. The problem is that it's completely unnecessary and bloats the code.
What? Headers don't bloat code you fucking n#(%$r. They literally reduce it. What are you even saying?
>Plenty of companies adopt Rust for this kind of projects.
Blatant lie.
>Reddit spacing

based cuckold
may you have many NTRs and black mexican "housemates" living with your family

>Linked lists are a basic building block you can't use an abstraction for.
Of course you can use an abstraction over link lists, why wouldn't you be able to?

The linked list implementation in Rust's stdlib is fucking useless tbqh

How so?

but match can also do pattern matching, which I use a lot in Rust

The only method that lets you manipulate a list in its middle is LinkedList::split_off, which takes O(n) time.
Basically, the implementation of the linked list naturally has all the disadvantages of a linked list, while the interface exposes none (or close to none) of its advantages, i.e. splitting linked lists in two and plugging them together again as you like.
Rust's linked lists miss something comparable to iterators in C++.

>Linked lists are fucking useless except for managing heap allocations tbqh
FTFY

That is a C code retard