Was gifted this

was gifted this.
should i buy a 9600k or sell this mother board and go for an amd 3600x?

Attached: mobo.jpg (225x225, 11K)

sell it

sell it and buy a rope, then neck yourself nigger

This, intel keep wave after wave of crippling security vulnerabilities and performance crippling security mitigations to go along with them. i5s also have really bad frame stuttering even before you apply all the 40+ security mitigations.

Who gifts someone a gaming motherboard?

>ULTRA GAMING
>EXXXXTTTRREEEEEMMMMEEEEE

Attached: 1406110352593.jpg (268x284, 17K)

>Crippling
>Zero changes for average users
>Only affects Businesses and server farms.
-3900x owner.

That's a really cool motherboard. Why would you sell it?
Well worth the CPU especially since AMD drove down the price to rock-bottom (for intel at least)
If you game, Intel is still way better no matter what AMD fags say. I own a Ryzen 2600x and realize that AMD isn't the end-all, both are pretty good CPU's.

This, if you can find a good Intel CPU for $250 or less than it's well worth it. Just make sure it has at least 6 cores.

Spectre and meltdown ALONE slice SSD performance in half

t. ex 7700 owner who thought his 970 pro was borked

Attached: 1564058514889.jpg (1159x697, 69K)

>wave after wave of performance crippling
>still faster than amd in gaymes
lol
>i5s with bad stuttering
you cretins shill 1 gamersnexus benchmark where he even says that it is only 1 game (far cry 5) and that you shouldn't make sweeping conclusions over an outlier. the 9600k still outperforms most ryzen cpus easily.

unless you put up actual sources, what you say will be taken with a grain of salt.

Intel is for losers.

Attached: 1565903177324.png (1268x673, 207K)

If you play games then go for the 9600K 100%.
Consider saving up for a 9700K instead tho, it'll be a significant boost and be more future proof.

>Intlel
>Futureproof

Yeah, 8 cores are more futureproof than 6.

Nigger are you fucking stupid? Intel has the LEAST future proof cpus out there

Are YOU fucking stupid you no reading comprehension having niggerfaggot?
I was comparing the 9600K to the 9700K, not to anything else.
Just shut the fuck up if you can't comprehend basic english, retard third worlder.

Depends what you do.
Games? Go with the 9600K.
Strictly workstation? Go with the 3600X.

Not him, but keep entering giveaways and you'll probably win one eventually.

Attached: lol_0.png (804x818, 459K)

Keep it. Unless you want to get rid of a perfectly functional MB and instead get one for Poozen which you have to fuck with around everyday to get your unstable system running.

Still better than having a POZZED swiss cheese dumpster fire stutterfest of a CPU that continually performs worse and worse as you keep stacking on the 40+ (50+?) security mitigations -literally- required for the most bare minimum security possible.

>MUH SECURITY
Yawn

dud intel users literally GIFTING their hardware to go for AMD

Attached: file.png (690x720, 664K)

why grafixfags brain is washed out?

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>7nm doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>Enterprise doesn't matter!
>Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>VMware doesn't matter!
>MySQL doesn't matter!
>Unix doesn't matter!
>Linux doesn't matter!
>Wafer yields don't matter!
>Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>Asian markets don't matter!
>Own fabrics don't matter!
>Chipset lithography doesn't matter!
>Cray doesn't matter!
>Cisco doesn't matter!
>HPE doesn't matter!
>AZURE doesn't matter!
>5nm doesn't matter!
>TDP doesn't matter!
>10nm doesn't matter!
>Cache doesn't matter!
>Integrated graphics doesn't matter!
>PCIE 4.0 doesn't matter!
>Mindfactory doesn't matter!
>Processors doesn't matter!
>Custom Foundry Business doesn't matter!
>Stock voltage doesn't matter!
>Games don't ALWAYS matter!
>Amazon sales don't matter!
>Prime95 AVX doesn't matter!
>Large corporations don't matter!
>Your DATA doesn't matter!
>Context switch duration doesn't matter!
>*NEW* 202x market outlooks don't matter!
>*NEW* VRM doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Single core performance doesn't always matter!
>*NEW* World records don't matter!
>*NEW* Socket support doesn't matter

fAilMD needs to give you guys new lines, the shilling has become repetitive and obnoxious.

>*NEW* Reality doesn't matter!

I hope the rupees convert well in whatever currency your shithole country is using.

>gaming
Cringe.

I never really understood this, what's so bad about wanting to have better security? I've seen a lot of intel users here willfully disable all spectre and meltdown mitigations and run Windows 7 with updates permanently disabled.

As I understand it, all it takes is a few seconds visiting a website with a malicious ad or redirect to freely pull data off your RAM like passwords and banking info (there exist heavily heuristic search algos for this).

Aren't people even a tiny bit afraid of that?

I meant that it became the only talking point for these shills the past two years. It's been used as a selling point for Poozen, I know a couple of kids that shit their paints and fell for this meme lineup of cpus because of "muh securiti!!" Any cpu can be exploited in any way at some point, it's not like poozen is this fortress that will never be vulnerable.
These problems have been solved already, much quicker than amd can fix their broken platform, and besides, it's only been made public around poozen's launch, while existing for far longer.
Big (((coincidence))) if you ask me.

But if I understand correctly "poozen" only has a fraction of the CVs of intel, correct?

>As I understand it, all it takes is a few seconds visiting a website with a malicious ad or redirect to freely pull data off your RAM like passwords and banking info (there exist heavily heuristic search algos for this)

your understanding is wrong, and woefully overestimates the capabilities of people trying to maliciously collect data in that manner, as well as the size and the exploitability of the exploits that have been discovered.

Which is not to say that they are not potential threats, but if they are even a remote concern to you then you surely have irreplacible digital data like bitcoin or encryption keys that you are keeping airlocked due to your fear of them being stolen? otherwise it just seems like pearl clutching. its honestly easier for hackers to spearphish boomers than it is to implement a cutting edge security vulnerability for mass scale keylogging. that COULD make more money, sure, but these are mostly petty criminals, not hacker masterminds

For now. All these shills are taking the piss now but I'd be really interested to see how "mommy Su" would deal with the problems Intel has faced.

Sir please delet this, shintel bad and vulnerable
>Lisa Su

AMD would not, does not and will not have same issues, why? Because they're not Jewish company

>AMD GUD
Yes sweetie, I know.

Alright alright but I do regularily use my pc for banking and to SSH into VPS machines which also hold data I would not want to come to light.

Given my understanding there are over 10 spectre and over 10 meltdown variants to date, they're mitigated so it's fine. BUT why are intel users completely disabling them? Is there a significant performance hit when you apply all of these patches?

Attached: tr491 (1).png (770x572, 211K)

>Is there a significant performance hit when you apply all of these patches?
I haven't applied anything, my mobo didn't even get a new bios in 3 years lol. I've yet to hear anyone actively avoiding the mitigations, either they've switched to amd and think they're now untouchable or they rolled the updates and noticed little to no performance impact. That's 2 people on each side, that I know personally.

GIVE IT BACK JAMAL

Not really a issue with a gaming PC running Windows.

BUT SIR HOW WILL I SELL THESE POOZENS WITHOUT FUD??