Plasma 5

What does Jow Forums think about Plasma 5, specifically, compared to GNOME and XFCE?

Attached: KDE.png (800x800, 12K)

It's probably the best fully featured desktop environment. Very configurable, modular and looks good out of the box.

GNOME is probably the worst, because the devs think removing basic desktop features makes it "unique" and "distinct". GNOME Classic is pretty based though if you like the GNOME feel without all of the good features removed.

XFCE is basically made obsolete by KDE, considering it barely uses less resources, comes with less features, and looks like dogshit out of the box.

i like it and have been using it for years

KDE Plasma 5 is the master race of DEs with Xfce a close second

Attached: 1548134297173.png (816x684, 489K)

Xfwm is noticeably more stable than kwin.

Best DE in terms of features and customization, probably the best in terms of functionality and raw tech quality... however they really gotta polish stuff and simplify stuff up (specially the settings).

Plasma and Cinnamon are the best DEs.

If you're a brainlet, just use gnome, you're not "simplifying" my DE you god damn nigger.

I use it with i3 with 3 displays + rofi. It's great and feels really consistent. There's a couple things like notifications that are tricky to handle, but I got it working with some config edits.

Attached: image0.jpg (1213x684, 124K)

inconsolata is my favorite terminal font

>compared to GNOME
gnome is 80M download and 400M installed
plasma is a lot more, it's also slow due to many hdd reads

I'm using an ordinary WD Black and it's not slow at all, unlike bloated as shit GNOME

it is slow when you have to wait half a minute every time you click anywhere in settings

KDE has better scaling than XFCE, but terrible UI/UX design. I'll be using WMs until one or the other finally becomes usable.

>kde + pim suite has more dependencies
>must be slower
If your boot disk is your bottleneck in 2019, you are a full fledged retard. KDE is undoubtedly more performant, even on older hardware. And this is coming from some who likes and uses Gnome. KD hasn't always been good, but it is right now.

I've been using it for two months and I don't plan on switching from it. I've configured all keyboard shortcuts and layout as I want them to, and shit is very efficient for me.
UI scaling works like a charm as well with the default elements, but 3rd party crap doesn't always scale well...

no it's not

yes it is

cope

brainlet I know but whenever I use KDE I just can't be fucked configuring everything.

it krashes when i try to switch a monitor from folder mode to desktop mode

GNOME is way better

The best DE for a perfect sidebar imo. Can be resized however you like.

Attached: Screenshot_20190913_134059.png (1920x1080, 1.64M)