Would you ever add cybernetic enhancements to your body or mind?

Would you ever add cybernetic enhancements to your body or mind?

Attached: cyjak.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

statnews.com/2019/09/06/a-cyborg-magician-explains-why-she-implanted-26-microchips-and-magnets-in-her-body/
darpa.mil/program/targeted-neuroplasticity-training
darpa.mil/news-events/2016-03-16
cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp96-00789r001001420001-3
youtube.com/watch?v=RTQ2z1yRTiA
youtu.be/M1wLtAXDgqg
defenseone.com/technology/2018/09/its-now-possible-telepathically-communicate-drone-swarm/151068/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who owns the firmware?

China

sure

yes
I would chop off my left arm and have a robotic one
same with left eye
also I would get something shiny like Iron Man had because it looks cool
and I would wear trenchcoat all the time

you're gonna use that hand to jack off aren't you

Terry davis

A cyborg magician explains why she implanted 26 microchips and magnets in her body
statnews.com/2019/09/06/a-cyborg-magician-explains-why-she-implanted-26-microchips-and-magnets-in-her-body/

Attached: Quintephone_brainwave_regen_poster_colour.jpg (1312x2000, 1.02M)

Attached: thync-brain-wearable-electric-shock-mood.jpg (1500x994, 176K)

darpa.mil/program/targeted-neuroplasticity-training
darpa.mil/news-events/2016-03-16
cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp96-00789r001001420001-3

Attached: TNT-Concept-prog-619-316.jpg (619x316, 107K)

Depends who made the device. If we lived in the Warhammer 40k universe and a tech priest did the surgery, then sure. Their entire life is devoted to the perfection of technology. The thing will probably be made of the finest medical grade steel from Mars itself, and the embedded OS will be carefully hand crafted assembly on a device that's unhackable unless someone gains physical access

Meanwhile back on planet earth these devices were probably programmed by some scrawny onions slurping fuck who wrote half of the code in JavaScript that runs inside Google Chrome on Windows 10 IOT edition on ARM shit inside whatever plastic thing they're jamming in your skull. So no.

Attached: b15.png (800x650, 429K)

Just for my eyes, I’m tired of glasses and contacts.

(OP)
I would definitely accept the glory of the transenlightenment.

Attached: tumblr_pec9yufNvf1xplaumo4_1280.jpg (1000x838, 119K)

FUCK

If
No, or
Yes

Only if the body part in question was damaged beyond repair.

Attached: ezgif1f3c14fc52cc1.gif (600x400, 3.78M)

The only enhancement I want is a bullet to the brain

Soul! Body! Truth! Salvation! Vengeance!

>onions
This filter never gets old.

Attached: 1568199206644.png (690x720, 664K)

Get some fucking sleep man.

Absolutely.

Only if it's open-source

Attached: 1492947416566.jpg (1280x976, 202K)

No, I think the body shouldn't be augmented unless it's to correct a birth defect or an accident.

No
youtube.com/watch?v=RTQ2z1yRTiA

No. Let me give you a feel for what cybernetic enhancements are going to be like.

> Use insulin pump for my type 1 Diabetes
> Insulin comes in generic cartridges but the machine are designed so you have to keep buying expensive empty non-reusable cartridges and transferring your insulin into them.
> Company comes out with a new model with no useful improvements but takes a different shape of cartridge.
> Stops making the old cartridges.
> The new machine costs 7000 dollars. Can't buy a used one because it's illegal to sell medical devices like that.
> Switching from an insulin pump to syringes is very dangerous. Lots of people have died or been permanent brain damaged from insulin overdoses doing that.

>mfw i actually type onion+s

Attached: absolutely_sweetie.jpg (1024x768, 141K)

nah. i dont trust it. dont want to be turned into a bio-drone a la Hambones Deathworlders. i dont want the police to fuckin baitcar my body for not paying a ticket.

>damaged beyond repair

you can't fix your faith in humanity though

Your body will probably reject them, or you will have to visit doctor for the rest of your life, regularly.

If it's RYF certified and has been used without complications on other people, then yes.

I might install them myself, CDDA-style, but I'll have to read a couple books first

Maybe an arm if I needed it. Can be removed without too much issue if something isn't right with it.

USA destroying Japan in 90's over shitty detroit car manufacturing and supporting China was a mistake. We'd have tech levels of GiTS and Patlabor by now.

At least, he's enjoying his life, unlike me and all the cretins here.

A lot of grannies wear pacemaker and hearing aids, these too qualify as cybernetic implants.

If i could chop off both of my legs and replace them with perfectly fonctionnal mecanical prothesis i would gladly do it right now

Attached: 1525472602250.gif (800x600, 174K)

this is honestly the worst thing ive ever read
>goes to insane lengths to be speshual

>type 1 Diabetes
maybe if you didnt inhale food

youtu.be/M1wLtAXDgqg

>t. Doesn't know how diabetes works

Based retard

No one with a shred of common sense would replace a perfectly functional body part. No (((augmentation))) in the world is worth permanently stitching to your body. Isn't Jow Forums supposed to the most familiar with machines? They require regular maintenance. Does nobody on this board own a car?

The human body is a VERY efficient machine for what it's capable of. The fact that we rely on biochemical energy is alone enough to deem it superior.

>Isn't Jow Forums supposed to the most familiar with machines? They require regular maintenance. Does nobody on this board own a car?
Welcome to Jow Forums - Ecelebs, HRT and consumerism

SpeakIng of HRT, exogenous steroids give you cancer. Why do you think they don't treat menopause symptoms with estrogens on a large scale?

I want a super strong hand so I can crush things, anything. It's all I dream about

just like jc denton

physically joining the botnet

Sure, I'd replace all my organs. And my eyes. Could use some stronger bones as well.

cyborg legs that let you jump higher, run faster, carry more weight, give you incredible endurance and require less nutrition would be pretty awesome

You'll have to change oil and shit. You know you can just use robotic legs that you WEAR, instead. And as your joints become shittier with age, you replace them with regular prosthetic joints.

Synthetic hormones are not used in hrt, Before deemed unsafe ethinylestradiol was used in hrt though. Menopause symptoms are treated with bioidentical estrogen.

not often though, just give me that magnetic fluid used in ferrari suspension

Yeah why? Could they also reduce male baldness by draining testosterone or something?

Don't forget it is top tech standarized across the galaxy, designed to outlive you so it can be salvaged once you kick the bucket.
Meanwhile here they were made to be switched out in 3 years.

had surgery on my collarbone of dominant arm. as i woke up i was hoping for a whole new arm ngl.

>jc denton
he didn't have cybernetic enhancements, like on pic (neuroprosthesics), he had nanoaugmentations, which don't replace existent limbs or organs
yes, if you would need a surgery (as well as cutting off your limb) to install it

I want cyber dick.

The leftist dream. Everybody can become "equal", while the government can monitor your thoughts can arrest you for thoughtcrimes

>sticking wires into someone's brain
What could go wrong?

Attached: angronfacefront.jpg (800x616, 88K)

Yes

kek, also
>making your legion do the same

But why would humanity waste it's resources on you, instead of just leaving you to cope with that.

wasting resources is the one thing humanity is good at.

defenseone.com/technology/2018/09/its-now-possible-telepathically-communicate-drone-swarm/151068/

Get on board man! Or get left behind while everyone around you starts sporting a 2,001 google iq!

Because they charge you more than the value of the product and labor. Every hear of a "profit" before?
Why do you think we waste resources medicating terminally ill people?

If humanity gets good enough to replace body parts with machine parts, just assemble all the machine parts into a girl body and clone brain parts from an existing girl.

no

Biology is outdated and inefficient, humanity should move away from it completely and focus on technology rather than wasting resources on useless animals, plants, humans and medicine as a field in general.

Theres other uses for a metallic hand?

If the tech was actually advanced enough to compete with the real deal I would gladly do it once I became old enough that my body was breaking down on it's own.
Hell, if someone came along with a pair of augmetic eyes right now I would have to seriously consider it.

Attached: 1568216581077.png (600x431, 103K)

Yes

Attached: tumblr_mil7ooYR1U1qj0ouyo1_500.png (500x281, 169K)

I'd rather add two new robotic arms.