Super Mario Odyssey now running at 60fps on Switch Emulator

youtube.com/watch?v=pbL2otfek8Q

and with that, there's no longer any reason to buy a Switch, unless you're fiercely loyal to Nintendo.

Attached: yuzu.jpg (818x720, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BVUMzYedsUU
youtu.be/QAGfkIx4zrk
youtube.com/watch?v=q-LFwcbZsVQ
amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller/dp/B01NAWKYZ0?th=1
youtu.be/LOpdeMVB5_8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>i7 8700k @4.9Ghz
>GTX 1080ti 11gb Overclocked
I'd be able to buy the Switch three times over with that money

Not the point retard

The point was to disregard Nintendo while fapping to their games and showing your complete loyalty to Nvidia?

Actually it's to archive Switch games.

>moon
>least graphically intense area in the game
>"omg wow it runs flawlessly!!!"
BSoDGaming is a joke

>and with that, there's no longer any reason to buy a Switch
or since you can pirate on switch, just buy one and don't worry about emulators needing 2 years to update their hacks to actually get things inaccurately rendering at an acceptable speed

youtube.com/watch?v=BVUMzYedsUU

Get the source code to the games. Emulators can only do so much

None of those emulators are Yuzu

>1 game works
>"ORIGINAL HARDWARE IS IRRELEVANT NOW"
every time.
This isn't Cemu or Dolphin, it's not even RPSC3.
Stop pretending a single game working is anything more than marketing for people to pay their patreon.

Why is this on Jow Forums and not /v/eddit?

Because faggot OP is a shill.
Jow Forums, /x/ and Jow Forums really need to be one board.

Yuzu won't really be useful for the majority of people until it can do multicore (again), right now it's emulating all 4+4 Tegra cores on a single CPU core, that's the biggest bottleneck right now.
Give it half a year to a year and it will be better than a real Switch though, like Cemu was a year ago.

You can even run it on a 1050 Ti, the GPU is irrelevant.
Really only need a good CPU, anything 6600k and up will do fine.

>I'd be able to buy the Switch three times over with that money
Not really the point if you already have a decent computer.

/v/ is about video games
Jow Forums is about technology and software

Example:
Game belongs on /v/
Hardware game runs on, on Jow Forums

Game belongs on /v/
Language game developed in, on Jow Forums

Game belongs on /v/
Emulator game run on, on Jow Forums

Etc.

Jow Forums is weird sometimes, people will spam a thread full of "hurr " if it even mentions games, but when it's some luddite old crap thread and mentions Quake, suddenly the whole theradis talking about retro games and that's okay, even though we have a board for that (/vr/).

>i-its not my point!!

Sure is a nice argument in favor of emulation, but let's face it, in reality it's to run these games without being limited to artificial or hardware limitations like 30FPS and 720p when they can easily do more.
Look how amazing BotW is on a PC running at 120FPS and 4k compared to Wii U or Switch.

I love emulators but I buy all the games I run on them, even if I don't have the original hardware.
I've probably pirated less with emulators than I did with the real hardware.

Most sources for games that run on emulators are lost forever.
Emulators can do perfect system emulation with enough work on them, it's easier to reverse engineer a system to suit thousands of games than to reverse engineer thousands of games.

>don't buy Nvidia powered device
>show loyalty to Nvidia while playing on your all AMD build
uh? I agree though, Nintendo hardware is pretty retarded, you shouldn't pay for it, their games division is a whole different straw though

The Switch only has like 3-4 worthwhile games in the entirety of its library though, if you can run BoTW and Mario then you're already halfway there

Cemu was in this exact state 2 years ago though. Now it's better than the original hardware in every way. RPSC3 was here half a year ago.
This being open source, will catch up fast too.

>marketing for people to pay their patreon.
>"Yuzu, stylized as yuzu, is a free and open-source emulator of the Nintendo Switch"
What did the retard mean by this?

But yeah, it's done really well considering it's less than 2 years old.

there's a switch emulator already?

Since 2018

oh wow, this is embarrassing, considering my 7700k did this ages ago already and does even better than the video today
not really the workload for these AMD cpus

youtu.be/QAGfkIx4zrk

XBC2 still runs like shit tho

It's open source, get to work on it.

Almost like modern emulator projects for recent platforms tend to focus on one specific title that attracts donations with little regard for what it means for any other game on the platform.

Why hasn't the PS4 been emulated yet?

Hurr /v/ is because of the ricer faggots that only come to Jow Forums to make desktop threads and never engage in technology or industry discussion beyond that. All you retards can comprehend is faggoty brand loyalty and your video games. You are children to us.

Because PS4 is worth owning.

because youtube and PSNow

Attached: God of War gameplay.webm (450x252, 2.95M)

>pretending that something being open-source doesn't mean they don't make bank
it has a couple more than that, and even if emulation was perfect a PC can't compete with that form-factor.
Even if you hack your switch to run android or Ubuntu, its unique controller design is hard to top.

When Yuzu is running new releases on the day of release like Dolphin was, then we'll talk.

Attached: 1563243821302.png (466x499, 21K)

You can use the COMPUTER for other things, retard

Other things don't need that much money

I never go to /v/. Projecting much?

>>pretending that something being open-source doesn't mean they don't make bank
It's still open source. There's no need to give them anything and if they would abandon it, it would get forked instantly.
If you want to pay, sure do it. But that's a dumb argument, this isn't Cemu.

hopefully yuzu will run new Zelda stable on release.

If you're going to play games in the first place, you probably already have a computer that's decent enough.
A 6600k and 1070 don't really cost that much, you can get a build like that for 500 bucks these days.

On the new Zelda game release? Doubtful, it will take some game specific changes at least. Expect a month or two after release.

Attached: soy boy.gif (800x371, 105K)

lmao, nintentoddlers

Attached: soyboi.gif (800x371, 125K)

How is it a dumb argument though?
These emulators focus on one game (Odyssey for this, Demon's Souls for RPCS3 and BotW for Cemu) in order to impress prospective donators and raise funds.
The argument isn't that asking for money is wrong in any way, it's simply pointing out that you're falling for the hype if you're impressed by literally the flagship game and don't look any further.
Observe:
youtube.com/watch?v=q-LFwcbZsVQ

If only.

But there only is a handful of games worth playing in the first place.
Any further compatibility, as mention, it's open source, do it yourself then.

If you fall for such videos, it's your own problem, as you brought up even Cemu yourself as an argument, which is closed source and donation only development.
Showing games working, especially ones that majority of people want to play anyways, is just a good indicator of progress.

Would you argue, that if these developers dropped dead today, the next ones that pick it up won't be focusing on the same games as the main point, even if they don't have donations?

>Would you argue, that if these developers dropped dead today, the next ones that pick it up won't be focusing on the same games as the main point, even if they don't have donations?
unironically, yes.
Generally when people pick up these projects for their own sake they try to expand general compatibility.

>But there only is a handful of games worth playing in the first place.
This is the mindset of someone that only sees an emulator as a means to piracy, rather than a means of preservation.

See

We aren't talking about 16 bit consoles. Most developers would focus on the exclusive and biggest games to run well, specially first party games, afterwards which all the smaller and multiplats come into play.
That's the only logical way to develop an emulator, go for what makes the platform special in the first place, afterwards worry about compatibility with things that aren't as important to the platform.

you say that, but as soon as Pokemon launches suddenly it will be a scramble to make it compatible, and it will be months too late when it's finally managed.
Then the same with Metroid.

Widening compatibility is slower and less impressive when you're trying to sell it like a product, but it's better for new releases.
Its what allowed both Dolphin and Citra to play new releases at launch.

except you get at least 4x the resolution :^)

Call me when you can fit your gayman pc in your backpack. You could use a laptop but those are bigger and heavier and you still need a mouse or controller to play games with.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (496x486, 166K)

This. I can easily fit my switch in my man purse and still have enough room for my Onions.

>Bsod gaming now shilling on Jow Forums because people got sick of him on /v/
Come back when the emulator can boot a 2004 flash game

Attached: yuzu fail.png (843x37, 2K)

The newer the platform, the harder this becomes.
Dolphin is a very old emulator and had good documentation to to build upon. Citra is based on older emulators that had good documentation, on a rather simplistic platform.
The only reason Yuzu has gotten as far as it has is thanks to the ARM platform it's based on, otherwise we wouldn't even have simple per game compatibility.

>as Pokemon launches suddenly it will be a scramble to make it compatible, and it will be months too late when it's finally managed.
Who cares when, just that it runs perfectly?
Your argument feeds exactly to the pirate and donator mindset.

That's why we need these emulators to mature, the quicker the better.
Imagine having more than Switch games in your pocket.

Attached: file.png (1152x1220, 1.95M)

Yeah, that fucking thing's going to be able to emulate Switch games. The GPD line is insanely cool but it's barely up to the task of Unreal 4 games at 720p, without emulator overheads.

The main reason I got it is to be able to take it with me. When they manage to emulate it on a tablet then I'll be interested.
Also a viable piracy option on the switch would be more interesting.

That's pretty low for the kind of work a emulator for modern consoles require

Switch wasn't even that much better specs and raw performance wise than a GPD Win 1, this being a GPD Win 2 is already better in every way.
You can't even play Switch games on a normal PC yet, by the time the emulator will be up to the task, we will already have a GPD Win 3 that's far ahead of the GPD Win 2, closing the gap on emulator overhead to do Switch playably or better than native.

And a Pentium 4 machine with a Geforce 6800 is better than an xbox hueg too user, why don't you go enjoy the mature emulator scene on that?

You retards are the reason why nintendo is taking down most rom sites, they would be fine if it was for old games oke 64 or even gamecube, but no, yiu mongoloids are obsessed with emulating their newest shitty games, dragging us retro gamers down with you, fuck you you piece of useless zoomer dogshite

But OG Xbox and Pentium 4, specially with a Nvidia GPU are the same architecture. The recompiler emulators for OG Xbox would run fine on a Pentium 4 with a 6800. Don't see your point.
If you're talking about overhead, it was already pointed out that the current handhelds are already faster than the original hardware, with the future ones being up to the task.

This was happening before Cemu even came out though.
Nintendo has always been aware of their property, since they sell many of the old games as Virtual Console also, they are just as focused on the old games than they are on the modern ones when it comes to piracy.

Ironic calling others zoomer when you can't remember shit a few years ago or even a decade.

Meanwhile astral chain still crashes at loading

I'm pointing out that it's still super difficult to emulate xbox hueg titles. It's more than just raw power. And one day yeah, there will be a handheld powerful enough to emulate Switch titles, I don't doubt that. But I doubt it'll be within the Switch's lifespan as a platform, at least enough to justify the initial comment.

>there's no longer any reason to buy a Switch
There never was a reason really. A modern handheld console with a fucking plastic 720p screen... Come on.

OG Xbox emulation restrictions are not related to hardware. You should realize that you're also comparing two systems with the same arthecture to two systems with different architectures. For example 360 emulation is far ahead of OG Xbox, even when OG Xbox is native x86 and 360 isn't.

The GPD Win 2 can already run Yuzu with almost 100% speed for games like Super Mario Maker 2.
I highly doubt that it will ever do even games like Odyssey, but a future GPD Win 3 like they are planning, with a much more powerful AMD APU instead of Intel Atom rebrand is going to do it, specially once Yuzu rolls out with multicore support.

Seething faggot. Go shill your Patreon somewhere else.

Reminder these are the same faggots that made Citra and won't even make an attempt at NSO.

>Even if you hack your switch to run android or Ubuntu, its unique controller design is hard to top.
Its "unique controller design" is so fucking terrible that they sell a normal controller at an insane premium.

>Still no Xenoblade
No fuck given.

I can play Switch in bed or on the veranda...

What's a good place to get the games?

this

see you again in 20 years when your sorry ass want to play old switch garbage games but your switch is long dead.

>Sure is a nice argument in favor of emulation, but let's face it, in reality it's to run these games without being limited to artificial or hardware limitations like 30FPS and 720p when they can easily do more.
>Look how amazing BotW is on a PC running at 120FPS and 4k compared to Wii U or Switch.
Side effect for manchildren, never were the goal of emulation, ever.
Emulation is an extraordinary CV and skill enhancer, you learn so much about soft/hardware it's totally worht it to try even if you don't plan to release anything.
except rpcs3, the modern scene is here to milk manchildren, why do you think cemu has a patreon meanwhile they use stolen nintendo emulators?
>I love emulators but I buy all the games I run on them, even if I don't have the original hardware.
Good for you.
>Most sources for games that run on emulators are lost forever.
Blame studios.

>its unique controller design is hard to top.
explain this :
amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller/dp/B01NAWKYZ0?th=1
The core mechanics still work perfectly with a standard controller and if a controller works then a keyboard+pc work too.

Are the neet memes real? If you are on a tech board and have a tech job you can easily buy a switch on one days wage. Why so I need to spend a week fiddling with emulator options to play an old game?

>archive
lol ok kid. is that what piracy is called now?

>never were the goal of emulation
It was one of the goals, together with archival and spreading the games, not to mention, ease of use that goes under it. Nobody said it was the main goal though.
Nobody gives a shit that you're autistic and only care about the technical aspects of emulation, good for you.

see you think neets have the money to buy 3k rigs to run this shit?

Can’t play Mario maker or have any Nintendo Online use. And doesn’t smash still crash instantly?

Mario Maker works though?

SMM2

With no access to levels, cemu and smm1 had a website with like 10k levels you could copy from over 50 at a time and play, smm2 had 2 million levels created in first 11 days, coop and vs mode also pretty fun when not lagging, so yeah, you can jump through 50 hoops to play a single level, but just playing endless mario or online... not really

It's not 60fps though.

SMO is 60 FPS by default.

Listen to the audio glitches. The game isnt running at full speed you piece of shit.

You can see it clearly on the top left.
Yes it *DOESN'T* run at full speed *ALL* the time.

So then it doesn't run at full speed which makes it unplayable.

Don't see anyone claiming it was playable though, only that it achieves 60 FPS.
I'm sure there are people desperate enough to consider it playable though, I won't say Yuzu is any use at all until they fix and re-enable multicore support.

Protip user, it dosn't run at 60 FPS all the time on the switch, its usually around 30-50 FPS most of the time, the cap is just 60.

No it doesn't achieve 60fps.
This is completely wrong. It's 60 fps 99.9% of the time.

8:00mins: youtu.be/LOpdeMVB5_8

They even couldn't get botw to run reliably on the switch, pretty ironic that the best botw is on pc with an active modding scene to boot

Botw is extremely solid on switch outside of the korok forest, though.

Watching that video makes me wonder if the Switch I played on was not detecting the dock and was playing at mobile CPU speeds, since I had frame dips regularly while playing, not bad but was definitely not maintaining 60 fps at all times... huh

And kakariko and few other places, someone did a test with OC switch (cpu+gpu) and even then it dipped below 60, now get 4k running kek, pc is the best zelda experience

Wonder if they'll shoehorn NSO to prevent botw2 from the same fate, maybe coop?

>like Cemu was a year ago
Cemu is still better than a real WiiU though.