So i found a laptop for college

So i found a laptop for college
Did i do okay for my price range?
i was looking for around $300

Attached: sfhsrehserhy.png (1585x746, 348K)

>i
Let me guess, it's a private online college.

??
no i'm actually going to college i just thought it would be easier than relying on my tower at home since a lot of my stuff is online

thats not alot of memory

**storage im drunk

>chiclet keyboard
Fucking why

seems pretty good to me

Are you ESL? Why do you type like a retard?

nah i guess i'm from the Midwest? or i'm just actually retarded

Attached: 1559718146139.jpg (1280x1280, 197K)

Add in another 8GB of RAM and you'll be set for 10 years no problem.

>2019
>T450
wait a sec are u trying to cheat me again

it's not bait i promise i just poor

Attached: 1554872629237.jpg (632x632, 69K)

HI user I am a college student and I've gone through a few couple laptops I would recommend:

Thinkpad t530-t530 Thinkpads are extremely affordable, reliable, and well built

MacBook between 2010-2012 can be found on eBay for around $100-300. Just as reliable as think pads.

Either will get you decent battery life, decent portability, and get you through school.

T450 and t450s are still comfy af. Intel only only started using 4 core ulv cpus in 2018 so it's all the same before that

I don't understand why they push laptops on college students these days. I'd prefer a desktop if I were in school today.

I took my Atari 520ST to college with me back inna day. It served me quite well for writing papers, connecting to the school's VAX for my compSci courses, fucking around on UofM's IRC server, and games when I had downtime. Notes were taken with a pen and notebook. I actually read physical books to study.

Tell me, what's the reason to have a laptop over a desktop?

yes that is good 4 ur collage

Yes, very yes

looks good to me.

well my college classes completely utilize online homework and things like that and I am out and about all day, so it's part personal choice given I have a desktop and moderate necessity.

>for college
I don't get this. I've been in college for 3 years studying programming and not once have i ever brought a laptop to college. I just write all the code at home.

Attached: 70501964_2737023759662723_5125316484431609856_n.jpg (736x646, 208K)

Pretty good indeed. Even more if you're using it for college and not for gaming or high demanding shit (rendering/video editing/virtual machines...) But if so then do this:

We have a bunch of t450's at work, they've been relegated to test machines but they still run all our company bloatware fine. With an ssd you couldn't tell the difference etween one of those and our current 8th gen laptops.

>Just as reliable as think pads.

Attached: havesex.jpg (673x494, 42K)

>drops laptop
>breaks

Just use ebay wtf? You can have a $1k ThinkPad for ~$300

>1366*768
dude.

Convenience you goy

Refurbished T420S. Chuck an SSD in the M2 slot and replace the hard drive with a WD Black, then you've got yourself a great cheap setup. Dell Precision laptops are fucking great too, but you'd have to get a pretty busted one if you're looking to not exceed $300.

holy shit what an autist

they portable and just as good at running excel and word as desktops are. also cheaper these days.

Because PC manufactures don't make anything else anymore.

avoid this cancer, next time ask on

T420s sucks ass. Shit screen and horrible battery life

fuck i mean

Why are you replying to everyone except for OP, the person to whom you appear to be speaking?

Because it's better?

The screen is just perfect, and you can buy a new battery.

Battery life is much worse than even t420 and the the screen wasn't good even with 2012 standards

Too be honest with you thats why i learnt the art of tubbing

When I was in college for graphic design I was required to buy a laptop even though they had computers in the room. It's mostly a convenience thing as stated.

lol.

What's wrong with 1366 X 768? Serious question. My laptop is 1366 X 768 and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Homework and books are entirely online you brainlet

Attached: gayarch.png (1080x1032, 1.43M)

Shop around and buy used. Check Facebook market for cheap easily-fixable "broken" laptops. $300 could get you a real powerhouse if you're patient.

>What's wrong with 1366 X 768? Serious question. My laptop is 1366 X 768 and I don't see anything wrong with it.

1920x1080p seems too high on a 12.5inch laptop which is the form factor I like but 1366 x 768 is just a tad low. It works. But some sites and applications do not take well to it.

-different user

I'd spend a bit more for something with a better processor if you're doing any rendering or compiling. Other than that I think this computer would be good for 90% of people going to school.

Why not a desktop? You'll get 4-10X greater performance for the money AND you'll be able to upgrade things like the CPU and GPU.

Just bring a bluetooth keyboard to class and use your phone to take notes until you can afford a better tablet like a Tab S3.

T420 no S faggot, and it's msata not m2, also get a quad core.

>768P
>in 2000+19

OHNONONONONO AHAHAHAHAA LOOK AT THIS DUUUUDEEEEE AHAHAHAHAHA

I got the T450s when it was new in my freshman year of college. It was a pretty nice machine.

That you're absolutely going to hate that screen. 1366x768 is gross enough on a 12" screen, let alone a 14". I'm guessing brightness will be godawful too.
If there's one thing you should upgrade on that machine first it's the screen.

>768p

cringe

I got a cheap Dell Inspiron 13 for around that price.
8th gen i5 w/ 16GB, 1080p.
But the battery was fucked so that's why it was so cheap.
T450 is good enough I feel.