Do you root and run a custom firmware on your Android? Which one? I'm using pic related

Do you root and run a custom firmware on your Android? Which one? I'm using pic related.

Attached: 652354243.jpg (791x474, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.samsung.com/galaxy/others/android-usb-driver-for-windows
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would love to install Lineage on my Galaxy s4, but for the life of me I can't get my PC to recognize my phone. I've installed Samsung kies, the Samsung driver for windows, and adb, and it still isn't recognized. Tried tons of different USB cables too. Think I'd have any better luck trying it on a Linux machine? Any other suggestions? I could do it easy if my machine would just recognize the damn thing.

i own three s4's. all rooted/unlocked/running pie. try this.
developer.samsung.com/galaxy/others/android-usb-driver-for-windows

I had the same problem with my s5 and think the problem was windows 10. It didnt recognize my phone , no matter what. Then I switched to windows server 2019 because I wanted to test it, and tried Odin on it, it then worked for some reason. I guess its because you run everything on Administrator on it

Attached: 1523698416475.png (800x450, 34K)

Like I said, I already have this exact driver. The Samsung driver for windows I mentioned being the driver you linked. Still isn't recognized.
Might give this a try. Using a different version of Windows. I've tried it on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 LTSC, both on 1809

Is it recognized as anything in the device manager? If not try another computer or set up a VM in virtualbox
If its not recognized anywhere you could swap the usb board in the phone

It's recognized as an unknown USB device. I'll probably try to book it up in a linux VM tomorrow. See if that recognizes it in some more meaningful way

You might need to force install the adb driver, and since samshit has like 30 different ones you have to try until you find the one that works
Or just boot linux and it will likely work fine

Yeah my Galaxy S2 (i9100) has battery draining issues. Mother fucker overheats so I need to underclock it. I don't get it, maybe the battery is faulty, it gets drained from idle.

My galaxy S4 variant only got official lineage support last month.

Termux, and Firefox getting proper ad blocking, basically killed that for me.

Im also using RR, very comfy.

Flashing twrp on samsungs can be an unholy bitch. There's the fucking usb driver you need to install, and then there's some problem (i forget what) with heimdall that might necessitate using this random fork that hasn't even been properly released.

>flashed broken twrp
>then spend a hour thinking I had broken my phone because I was rebooting it wrong after flashing the correct one, so the stupid bootloader overwrote the new recovery with the old broken one every time

Rule of thumb, flash a corrupted kernel (delete half the .iso in notepad) so your phone is in a broken state, then you can easily interface it from adb. No weird side effects from the default kernel and recovery.

Boy, tomorrow is going to be fun... Can't wait to troubleshoot the shit out of this phone until I get it to just simply be seen as a phone to my computer...

i own a few phones so i've run multiple os's side by side and find RR the most complete and stable rom out. i'm so glad they finally fixed the bluetooth calling issue with oreo and pie.

grab platform tools as well to enable all the bands. voila you now have a pentaband phone that can be used around the world.

I used to use rr and cyanogen/lineage on my note 2 but battery life was garbage & it would randomly network sim lock, requiring me to flash a 4.1.1 stock rom to unlock via UTMS debug screen. Not worth the hassle. Stock Note9 now.

my daily driver is a note 3 running RR 7.1.2. battery life is amazing and no issue like you had. tried RR Pie but it broke the IR blaster (which i use often) and gave me random hangups with Tinder (which i also use often) so went back to N.

any of you faggots also run xposed? which modules?

Is that only for the S5? Or does it work with the i9515

i've only used it on the s4 i9505 variants. it should also work with yours. but you need to use it with the stock 4.1 rom like user did here with his note 2 otherwise the UTMC menu gets crippled and you cant enable the bands

Doesn't sound like anything I'll do for now, but thanks

why do people still cling on phones that already show serious issues (e.g. SoC overheats from simple tasks, battery drain from idle)
before you start screeching i am using a 5 year old sony now, and i have been thinking of replacing it because its soc just overheats in summer

Because I'm a manchild who rages and destroys his own posessions. I recently smacked my nokia 3.1 (RIP, best phone I ever used) on the ground, completely shattering and bending it. So now I am resurrecting a galaxy s 2. I'm fairly certain a battery protection circuit on the phone itself is leaking current.

The only issue I have with my S4 is the screen sometimes not turning on properly when I wake it up. Always works the second time though

because my phone runs great and i like to spend the money i save on booze and hookers. also, go fuck yourself.

yea its only worth it if you travel yourself or want make a buck selling to travelers.

Redmi note 4 Los 15.1

try booting up with the sd card removed.

It's only happening when waking from standby. SD card has nothing to do with it.
Three things i can think of:
- the replacement screen I installed is the issue, or me fucking something up when I installed it
- the lineage rom just isn't too stable
- it's caused by some other hw issue like the battery potentially being a fake or something broken because the phone was abused quite a bit by the previous owner