Sorry, Linux, there's a better OS in town

>no system d
>no vacation style treatments
>no pulse
>no Huawei and MS and Google code in the kernel

Attached: Pufftron.jpg (227x343, 59K)

guessing that's openbsd?
I currently use gnu+linux out of necessity, but if I knew how to get it working with libreboot and full disk encryption, i'd switch in a heartbeat.
However,
>no systemd
Already don't use it.
>no vacation style treatments
i'm tired and what is this?
>no pulse
such a dogshit piece of bloatware. Already don't use it
>no Huawei and MS and Google code in the kernel
fair enough, but we are talking about something that is so widely used it /has/ to be audited by more people than can accurately be counted.

All in all, 8/10 based OP attempting to bait gullible muh leenox fansois.

>libreboot
yikes

>no pedophile defender ricardo stallmanu

Would you prefer I stick with old as fucking dirt PPC for my laptop? I don't have to worry about PSP on my bulldozer ayymd desktop. Are you implying the management engine isn't a concern? Are you a glowey boye?

Libreboot doesn't do a thing about the other DMTF botnets like ASF and DASH.

OpenBSD is a great little utility server but performance and application selection are objectively worse than Linux.

>“gnu+linux”
It’s just linux, you idiot

The priorities of OpenBSD are security, correctness, and making things work in a traditionally Unixy way. Wifi's a clusterfuck on Linux and FreeBSD (not sure about NetBSD) but on OpenBSD it works in a very sane, Unix-friendly manner, where you put text files defining the name of each access point you wish to use, in order, their passwords, and instructions to use dhcp or manually assign an address. All in a nice flat text file that's easy to read and edit right in your /etc/ directory, one file for each wireless interface on your machine.

It's literally no more of a hassle for me to edit my hostname.iwm0 file with say a hotel wifi password right from emacs or a terminal and then bring the connection up than it is for a person to do it by pointing and clicking in menus and dialogs and filling the data in, but considerably more flexible.

But yeah it's not as fast as other OS's. Security and correctness come first. Application selection is about the same though excepting non-free software without source available of course. Packages probably has everything you use and if not ports certainly does.

>xhe doesn't know about BSD/Linux which has BSD tools and userland instead of GNU

A vacation style treatment is when they say you're "taking a break" but really they're sending you to re-education camp. It happened to Linus after he called Intel 'fuckwits' on the LKML.

based.

>nigger lips
No thank you.

Attached: --madobe-nanami-and-madobe-tooko-os-tan-windows-10-and-windows-7-drawn-by-cyber-cyber-knight--944c4f (800x555, 202K)

>no out of the box environment

what security enhancements does OpenBSD offer?

What does the Linux kernel have to do with systemd? I use the former without the latter on my NAS, desktop, router and phone.

Paranoia

6.6 when
my VPS is ready

>It's literally no more of a hassle for me to edit my hostname.iwm0 file with say a hotel wifi password right from emacs or a terminal

Linux user: spends 5 to 10 minutes configuring wifi
OpenBSD user: spend 30 seconds configuring wifi

Linux user: spends 2 minutes downloading their file over wifi
OpenBSD user with their glorious 802.11b and crippled 802.11g: spends 45 minutes downloading the same file over wifi

Who wins?

Healthy fit project leader who enjoys hiking and can reproduce asexually.

Attached: 945543.png (1732x840, 1.23M)

The "no one uses it so no hacker bothers attacking it" security model

>When you have to wait 10 minutes for fsck to finish

Millions of IoT-Ready™ dishwashers and other devices run OpenBSD. Don't get me started on the routers, switches, servers and workstations.

Attached: 1556259728061.png (853x560, 94K)

You will get used to them.

Tell me more, wise user.

Attached: 1568330634217.gif (640x427, 2.65M)

no one uses openssh lol

>hypothetical situation

no one wins

poor driver support, worse software support
why even bother

the criteria for using an OS is
>does it work on my machine
>does it run what I need to run
Linux passes both (barely), OpenBSD doesn't.

>linux
>os

i think you are the idiot

This

>no systemd as first argument
>as if linux has an integrated init
>as if having a particular init makes everything better/worse
stopped reading there

By that definition all of OpenBSD is a re-education camp. No thanks, I'll stick to muh gentoo.

Would you mind telling me about these? I'm still learning

openbsd.org/security

if you're not paranoid after Intel ME then read up on DMTF, Redfish, DASH, and ASF.

It's earlier iterations of botnet which still come on your machine along with Intel ME.