Manjaro vs. Mint

Manjaro vs. Mint

Which one would you recommend for a beginner as first distro?

Attached: 233212112421312.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2994
forum.manjaro.org/t/is-there-any-bcache-tutorial-for-manjaro/13259/7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mint because many online tutorials on how to do x thing are written with debian terminal commands

Mint

Mint is easier manjaro is prettier. But Yea I'd say mint probably even though I'm not a fan.

>imagine not knowing about the arch wiki

Arch wiki used to be Good. Now it's a mess findinf anything useful in it

I wouldn't recommend a distro to a beginner. I would tell them to just use something that appealed to them and then help them with the inevitable problems.

I wouldn't recommend those to a beginner. I only recommend Debian.

What are you unable to find in Manjaro exactly?

Mint is Debian

It's based on Debian, except it has retarded maintainers and uses Ubuntu's repos.

For me, it's miui.

Attached: 480px-Xiaomi_logo.svg.png (480x480, 3K)

For me? It's Microsoft Windows and Google Android.

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

btw i use arch

blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2994
>still trusting Linux Mint after the backdoor fiasco
>Distro being maintained by amateurs
>Distributing ISOs in a non-https website (pre-2017)
>Hacked multiple times in the same way over several days

Why do you still trust this piece of shit distro? It's literally maintained by amateurs who don't know what they're doing. Seriously, just read that blog post and the comments below it.
If you want a stable and easy to use distro, just use Debian or Ubuntu for fucks sake. Debian can even be installed with Cinnamon.

It's shit.
*buntu has infinitely better support and active community.

>how do I install *buntu on bcache?
>easily like this
>How do i install manjaro on *bcache
>I don't know, maybe you can't

>Manjaro vs. Mint
>Which one would you recommend for a beginner as first distro?

KDE Neon.
It's an LTE Buntu so it's stable and has support and it's bundled with the latest KDE which is fucking sweet.

Cinammon is kinda old and stale, the only value is probably for nostalgiafaggotry.

Mint obviously

Attached: bst1.png (2000x1477, 3.19M)

Munt is literally downstream from downstream. At-least Manjario has a reason to exist. Use Manjiro.

>then help them
Are you insane?
Don't ever do this.

forum.manjaro.org/t/is-there-any-bcache-tutorial-for-manjaro/13259/7
I don't know, maybe you can. Maybe you just suck at searching.

install gentoo

Mint

Attached: heh.png (150x167, 25K)

which ever you like. you'll end up using debian anyway

Attached: evolution.jpg (600x367, 47K)

Don't bother with Mint, unless you want the Cinnamon desktop environment. Otherwise Ubuntu is fine and better for newbies.

Manjaro is based on Arch, and like Arch it WILL break. Unless you have the time and patience to scour the mailing lists for warnings about potential breakages and the technical skills to recover from breakages then don't bother with Manjaro.

For me though, I get the best of both worlds, a rolling release that is also tested and made sure to be working before new packages are pushed out. It's called openSUSE Tumbleweed. It's real, and it's spectacular.

Attached: geeko.jpg (397x500, 69K)

A friend asked me to install Linux on her laptop, so I considered those two. Then I noticed one thing that made me decide: Manjaro comes with Etcher (80 MB), Mint uses its own Mintstick (40 KB). Maybe it's not a huge deal, but including Electron bloat is never a good sign.