Why do American retards program in this shit?

Why do American retards program in this shit?

Attached: images.png (387x130, 3K)

hello sirs please watch my newest core java toturials in youtube

You answered your own question.

spbp

Attached: 1553648680437.png (1023x600, 443K)

Because it's good

So do the Russians

Probably the same reason people from other parts of the world do it. Because Python is fucking easy.

Because it's shilled as the best "first language", and people are erroneously convinced that once they know python, all languages will be easier to learn. Then when they've learned basic python and can't wrap their brainlet minds around any other language, they suffer from the backfire effect where anything you try to tell them about other languages, they will double down on python and tell you why it's 'better' for literally every task.

I actually got into a discussion with a python dev about how I should take my text based game that can handle hundreds of simultaneous sockets for player connections, a literally infinite number of randomized items, monsters, etc that's been in development since 1996 and convert the whole thing to python from C because it's "better". That was their whole goddamn argument. It's "better". Python would SHIT itself if I had even a DOZEN players online at one time, all running around killing shit and adventuring when back in its heyday I would routinely have upwards of 350 players online at once with zero lag. And the fucking thing could run on an old 486 if I rolled back a few optimizations because that's what the very first machine it ran on when it hit 100 players for the first time.

Python devs truly are retarded.

Because Im a data engineer.
Also I cant code.

forgot ur meds?

Because they're americans?

its not good at anything. it just has a ton of libraries written for it by idiots that were told it was "easy". mostly scientists. it became the science language because those idiots didnt know what language to choose and then wrote libraries for it. someone needs to port those libraries so that this bullshit propped up worthless slow language can finally die

european "retard" here who gets paid as an engineer and uses python at work
fuck off with your shitty bait thread

Attached: 1499930974586.jpg (720x540, 20K)

He's not wrong about pure python shitting itself in that scenario. He is a brainlet though for generalising one idiotic interaction to a whole community.

Attached: c655eabfe6ea872b0b7814fd45b00569.jpg (235x369, 14K)

based and europilled

Gets many tasks done fast and well enough. And no, I'm not American.

I don't see a flaw in that reasoning.
Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if that retarded quote were true, coming from the creator of C.

If you're gay, you would like that.

Python is only used because of easily available libraries. The real question is, why has no one created a similar facility to allow brainlets to port code easily into C/C++? No, git is not the answer, brainlets will not cope with anything more complicated than "import module".

Durgasoft!

Attached: 1568033604001.jpg (480x574, 62K)

Attached: java.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

based durga

Attached: 1568354842283.jpg (450x399, 140K)

>cython

So does Europe.

And while the language isn't excellent, that's the same for most languages. Actually, clever languages are MOSTLY an obstacle for average teams. Go try with Haskell or Scala. They're pretty fine and actually great if you know what you're doing. But... uh, yea, your average team won't be able to handle them.

What Python has is a lot of useful libs. They may not be pretty, but they still save you many hours each.

post source

No, basically every python dev I've ever spoken with that started with python as their first language has behaved similarly. That's just the worst offender. That's not to say ALL python devs are useless shitcunts, as I know plenty of people who work in python dev positions that picked up python specifically for their job but they started out with another language first.

My problem is with the (extremely vocal, but possibly minority) part of the python community that couldn't handle any other language and learned python, then insist that python is the absolute best language for any task, even when it's very obviously the WORST choice, but since they don't know anything else they try to find ways to justify why python is great. I'll concede that they may just be similar to apple users, where there seems to be a whole fucking lot of them when in reality they're just the most vocal and are actually very few in number. Like primitive armies that would scream and pound their shields to make the enemy think they were outnumbered.

Some people don't understand that "real programming" is not about making a program do something, but making it do that fast, at scale, and efficiently.

But Python scales just fine shoved into a container and set sail on a Kubernetes armada running on a dedicated server cluster only twice the size of the programmer's ego.

Is there anything better than scikit learn?

I find that hard to believe as most Python libraries are wrappers over C functions. No Python dev worth their salt would bash C over Python. Especially if you're using CPython as this is the most common implementation. This is basic knowledge.

Because the metric fuckton of libraries available, as well as the fact that the language itself is extremely flexible, means that in almost all contexts it's going to be the language that's most appealing to get things done in a short manner of time.

This concept may sound alien to you, but not everything is about maximizing speed of the actual program. To many professionals, oftentimes what's more important is being able to deliver something as quickly as possible without sacrificing stability.

I have plenty of criticisms with the language that I won't go into, but most of the criticisms I see from other people are usually about speed. Personally, I don't find that Python is actually that slow, probably because many libraries are written in a lower-level language and Python is more or less glue that adheres faster code together. My only remark on speed is the following:

I recently wrote a webcrawler in python that ran through 10 pages of Google search results, making use of concurrency and parallelization. The crawler would visit every site on each page, extract the text, tokenize it, throw out the parts of speech I was uninterested in, then store the language data in a database. To complete all 10 pages of search results, my T440 running Fedora did it in about a second, give or take a couple of ms depending on what exactly you were looking for.

I then switched over to my much more powerful tower, with an 8 core AMD processor that was some 2 or 3 years newer than the piddly quad core i5 in my laptop. My tower runs windows, and using the exact same script with the exact same language version, running the code took about 20 to 30 seconds.

I thought it had to be an issue on my end, but after debugging and careful analysis I determined that wasn't the case. Thus I really do think that everybody who complains about python's performance are actually just Windows users.

Attached: standu.png (454x443, 583K)

And no, Python is not my language of choice at all. I would much rather use J for everything.

I got into programming through reverse engineering MS-DOS games. One of the first things I ever did was learn how to compile DOSBox with it's debugger enabled. Quite the asymmetric start, but after some months of trial and error I got the hang of things. I eventually moved on to learning Python, then scripting in modern Doom sourceports, then C, then C++, then COBOL, and so on.

Languages don't matter. If you're so concerned about speed, your efforts bitching about what languages people use on the internet would be better spent researching how to write code that flows with the grain of any given generation of microarchitecture. Because most of you are evidently hobbyists, you clearly don't need to worry much about the practicality of such an extreme. Metaoptimization will be about as useful for your professional career as a computer janitor as learning Haskell is, but it's certainly a better use of your time than rehashing the same stupid flamewars on the internet ad nauseum.

Using a scripting language for anything other than a small script is cancer. Dynamic typing is unmaintainable.

>American retards
>created in the Netherlands

>Guido van Rossum
>Alex Martelli
>American

>shit performance
>shit syntax
>shit compile and runtime guarantees
>run of the mill boring programming paradigms
>shit compatibility

what is the appeal of python really? Genuinely curious how it got shilled, I can't imagine people use it out of their free will