Battlestation general /bst/

post em if ya got em

Attached: 20190903_151026.jpg (4032x2268, 3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

smile.amazon.com/Durolux-DLED848W-FullSun-Spectrum-Seeding/dp/B07CGRVWFF/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Durolux DLED848W&qid=1568417277&sr=8-1
upliftdesk.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Say goodbye, it's official. I am moving in a month.

Attached: 20190819_151115.jpg (2896x2896, 860K)

good riddance

I will return even more powerful.

Attached: Screenshot_20190910-231645_Gallery.jpg (2960x1440, 1.74M)

Attached: IMG_20190913_084425.jpg (1152x864, 413K)

>Hard drive dock perched on top of monitor

Attached: 1386973267409.jpg (577x575, 93K)

Ew, why are you using Windows?

Are 24" monitors too small? I'm switching from a 55" TV and a console to two 24" 1080p monitors but they seem tiny

Downsizing or upsizing at your new place?

Though I know the feeling, I moved 6 months ago myself and my new battlestation still isn’t fully complete.

Attached: D17E50FE-693E-4847-9F85-CCA8364B2B42.jpg (4032x3024, 2.02M)

My monitors are 17" 4:3 and 21" 16:9 and I don't have any complaints.

Goodbye fren

Have you used anything else though? I'm sure I'll adjust but coming from a 55" inch 1080p TV to something less than half the size will take some time. That said I am looking forward to it being a much sharper image

I have a 23" and its fine with me

How much is your electricity bill?

If this is three monitors hooked up to the same pc I think stretching that wallpaper across all the monitors could look pretty cool

Quit crying. Either get used to it (you will: using a TV as a PC monitor is stupid) or change back.

I need more greenery desu

Attached: June 15 2019.jpg (4032x3024, 3.06M)

Get a cactus.
>AC pointed right at chair
I'm jealous.

>couldn't find a specific monitor model, only found it in one canadian store that doesn't ship in europe
>they have it in the store next street
fug
well I'm fine with my 4:3 15 years old monitors so I'm not getting it anymore but still

I'm not the biggest fan of monitor stands and 10kl keyboards, but the rest is nice
hi crt user
>that hard drive placement
>the christmas lights
I guess at least it's original, crt is a nice touch
the true definition of a battlestation
what did you use the fuckhuge vertical one for?
comfy wallpapers and nice looking wall

Attached: bst1.jpg (5141x4407, 3.93M)

What counter top?

I wouldn't expect anything less

go 27", 1440p
or 28" 4k depending on what you want to do

Looking to get a VESA arm that supports 34" displays, mine is 7,7kg heavy. Got any recommendations? It's hard to find info about this.

Attached: Battlestation August 2019.jpg (2000x1124, 1.52M)

Christmas lights are top comfy for battlestations.

Wallpaper?

I find 24" pretty large for regular desktop. At 27" or larger I would want to put the screen progressively farther away so that you'd need a huge desk or wall mount.

kind of a long shot... can anybody recommend a 1440x900 IPS? I'd like to use it in portrait mode next to my 2560x1440, I have one but it's a TN and the viewing angle is just terrible when you use it in portrait

this would be such a primo classy setup without the anime tits mouspad and background. if you're into that though, why not, looks dope either way

idgaf about what's on the screen, but those mousepads are always a hard NO.

(Except when I won one in a raffle and sold it for 200 ameribux)

congrats user
take this opportunity to redo your setup in a non obnoxious manner

i heard amazon basics arm is pretty good

:^)

Attached: llll.jpg (4032x1960, 2.47M)

Awwww yeah

2080 ti + 9900k
MSI z390 Meg Godlike
32gb ram

Attached: IMG_4240[410].jpg (2309x1732, 394K)

>dope
nobody cares about the opinion of a nigger

housefire

you going to get even more screens to fit in the new place?

Attached: My_Battlestation_16.jpg (2000x1333, 511K)

haha. It's a super fast Digital storm build, cause I didn't wanna build my own this time. Decided to go ALL OUT on leds.

Ikea Karlby oak, i think its 74 in not sure

Spreading out. Multiple rooms, may or may not keep the surround setup or might just have smaller setups around the house. A laptop in every room for sure.

>what did you use the fuckhuge vertical one for?
Nothing much, just reading manga usually but user suggested MAME in the future which I like. But right now the laptop driving that screen is having an issue with HDMI not working. I'll redo the whole arrangement in the new place anyway.

'no'

I'm planning on getting a projector for sure. And I'll have more room for free screens if they keep coming up.

Attached: 20190908_201259-4032x3024.jpg (4032x3024, 2.53M)

those stairs look flimsy as hell, wtf

Is that your new place? Looks fucking top comfy

Those kinds of stairs usually have a steel frame from my experience, far from flimsy.

they're solid steel. They handle my 265 lb stomping no problem.

Yeah it's a groovy pad.

Attached: 20190823_160640-4032x3024.jpg (4032x3024, 2.02M)

brand new set up as of yesterday. im quite proud of it :,)

Attached: 20190913_163504.jpg (4032x1960, 2.22M)

Pls be in london

Good luck in the move. Hope you like your new place and that the rats nest of cables isn't too bad. Downstairs pic looks comfy.
Mo green mo betta

Attached: IMG_20190901_190350.jpg (8064x3024, 3.46M)

Whatcha growin'?

Some culinary herbs. Super slow since the southern window isn't great for light.

Was pulling my hair out trying to deal with that white mold, but turns out it's just hard water minerals leaching out. The black mold is still black mold tho...

Attached: IMG_20190913_185016.jpg (4032x3024, 3.63M)

>Some culinary herbs.
Specifically...? Also, do they live their whole lives in those little pots?

Basil, garlic chives, parsley, thyme, rosemary, summer savory. Couple other pots with some seeds for bay leaf, cilantro, peppermint.

The ones in the pots were started with peat pellets in a little greenhouse a few months ago. Transferred to small pots for now so I can water based on the plant. Will move them into a rectangle planter when the root mass is more substantial. Can probably harvest in 2 months or so. Pretty fun, would reccomend

Have you ever grown saffron?

No, but if I had the real estate to plant enough bulbs it'd be good to try. Would be a special occasion type thing given how little you get per flower

Any advice for growing in a shitty apartment with little space, unusable windows, and no balcony?

Plenty of options for daylight/white LED grow lights which can fully substitute sunlight. (They don't have to be the purple/blue/red ones, those are more suited for promoting flowering). Being near any window will help.

Air circulation via window is nice for keeping mold/fungi/bugs at bay. Fans work too.

Try to start from live plants if available, poor quality seeds are hard to start. Use heirloom seeds if you do and note the spacing/planting depth. Use dechlorinated water for seeds.

There are potting mixes specific for fruits/vegetables. If your home has no AC to deal with humidity/heat, check out sterile potting soil as it'll help prevent mold, etc

Light ex:

smile.amazon.com/Durolux-DLED848W-FullSun-Spectrum-Seeding/dp/B07CGRVWFF/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Durolux DLED848W&qid=1568417277&sr=8-1

Thanks for responds
>$100.99
Well... Guess it is still salt and msg for flavor for me

Fair point - lamp + 200W equivalent LED bulb can be had for maybe $25 each. Note that 200W LED only needs a light fixture with 23 watts or so.

There are other options for grow light fixtures at around $30-40, but they use T5 flourescent bulbs which fade over time and need replacing. LED is good forever

>LED is good forever
not quite
failure is possible, diode burnout is possible. uncommon, but it can happen. led is stil way more efficient and cost effective than t5 though

I'm not very Jow Forums but I just moved into a new place and I've been making an effort both to keep my work area clean and to get a little nicer look all around. I'm not sure if I want to put up my studio foam on the wall behind the monitors, I may end up doing that tho.

Also I really, really need a new computer. This was supposed to be a temporary replacement when the one I built died, but I just ended up keeping it.

Attached: 20190913_200022.jpg (4160x3120, 2.74M)

Attached: 4571BB36-DC73-4B85-A7E0-876359D9E09E.jpg (3024x3942, 2.59M)

Nice Victorinox :-)

>Also I really, really need a new computer.
Why?

Work mostly. Alienware just seems to have a lot of bloat/overhead and I'm too far out of the loop to really address it, and because I do a lot of high-res Photoshop work these days, I need a lot more RAM. I don't know anything that's inside this computer, I've never opened it, but I'd rather just start from scratch than try and upgrade this thing I bought off a Best Buy shelf.

>Work mostly.
Why are you working on personal hardware?
>Alienware just seems to have a lot of bloat/overhead and I'm too far out of the loop to really address it, and because I do a lot of high-res Photoshop work these days, I need a lot more RAM.
This doesn't address the question at all.
> I don't know anything that's inside this computer, I've never opened it, but I'd rather just start from scratch
You'd rather spend a thousand or more dollars than spend a bit of time seeing what you'd need to do you bring yourself to a sufficient level?
> than try and upgrade this thing I bought off a Best Buy shelf.
I don't see how "bought off a Best Buy shelf" is a negative. The tech is the tech no matter where you get it. Most of my stuff was bought secondhand from businesses or universities.

You are a living caricature of the modern consumerist zombie, do you even realize this?

I was going to reply to this, but I'm just not going to bother. The last thing I could ever possibly care about is some wannabe elitist's scorn over whether I'm going to upgrade a shit Alienware or not.

Windows Rulez

based chad

>I was going to reply to this, but I'm just not going to bother.
Who's gonna tell him....

Attached: 1401326416911.png (227x266, 38K)

monitor?

>elitist
とんでもない

Attached: 20190913_220854.jpg (2637x2304, 3.13M)

american, sorry

Temporary setup until I return the card and get something with better fans

Attached: 20190913_214833.jpg (4032x3024, 3.51M)

>gets two monitors while the others get only one
Are you the employer or an employee?!

wp?

I need a desk for when I finish working and move into a new apartment. What would you guys suggest getting for my lanky ass? I've been looking up the slightly curved in the front Aruzzi Arena desk, but I'm not super sure if it's worth it specially when I don't know how a giant mouse-pad cover for the table could be useful in any way, but I like the adjustability and the simplicity.

Arozzi*

What table is that, my dude? Looks nice and clean, exactly how I want it.

mine and my gfs workstations, both threadripper 16core processors

Attached: IMG_20190913_232502.jpg (2560x1440, 1.46M)

What desks?

Same user from above; your desks are nice as well, got a name?

Speaking of desks, are there any desks that have decent storage like with drawers, but without cucking your leg room? Not a fan of the more modern trend of "desks" that are just small tables on four legs. I need muh junk drawers

nigga just get some drawers

I want desk drawers

both uplift hydraulic
upliftdesk.com/

1440p version is all i got

Attached: 66 - XbSKyM7.jpg (2560x1440, 612K)

This is some nice shit, but fuck that price. Also probably not even available in EU.

its nice, after coffee I like to stand at my desk and do pilates/leglifts while watching youtube stuff and shitposting

It's the same monitor as everyone else...he's the IT dude who has access to the spare hardware closet.

Imagine being an npc and buying those figures giving (them) money for copy pasting the same fucking figure