Finally deleted this SHIT out of my life

>chatting with a friend about how social media can be used as a weapon by governments
>tell him about the spying
>"but dude governments have always spied on their citizens and It's just made it easier... And besides if i lived in the USA i wouldn't mind my gov watching me"
this guy is one of those "believe in the American dream" types
>"dude If they don't kill me it's fine by me"

i literally had to step back and walk away from my PC. Do normal people really believe the bullshit and think that its okay for themselves to be corporate sheep to be mined in exchange for an "easier" life? After this i said fuck it and finally went through with deleting my FB account

I refuse to be part of this future

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-13 Log in to Facebook Facebook.png (1137x316, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/2018/4/20/17254312/facebook-shadow-profiles-data-collection-non-users-mark-zuckerberg
newsweek.com/facebook-tracking-you-even-if-you-dont-have-account-888699
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Welcome to the wrong side of history

Alright then turn over your phone and your PC. All of those collect an enormous amount of metadata on you. They already know who you are and what you're doing and what you're going to do, there's nothing you can do.
They know you browse Jow Forums, which im sure categorizes you as something or another.
Be sure to check out your activity on google.com

i will once i can get myself a proper dumbphone

>one friend makes a comment you didn't agree with
>you rage quit from an entire social network limiting your Avenues of contact with those who wish to associate with you

Lol aren't you the mature one

no it made me realize the extent of ignorance of the general population over their data

dumbass there are other options

>signed up to dumb fuck book in 2011 like a normie
>stopped using it mid-2012, deleted most of my posts
>forgot password
>deleted the associated email
>can't log in to delete the account
at least the index they have on me, so to speak, is vastly out of date now. hopefully my posts and then-friends will be lost to time and entropy, preferably sooner than later.

Wouldn't make a difference, it's not like they'll actually delete any data

that's true, even if they delete the production copies with no data remnance I'm sure they hoard redundant backups for a long time. oh well, they didn't get anything important regardless, I'm more concerned about google and financial companies like ebay and amazon inferring a profile from my searches and purchases when I don't use startpage and/or tor.

get out of here, Zuckerberg

You can keep in touch with people through other means than Facebook. I've never used it and I don't plan to. I even stopped using LinkedIn. When you apply through other means than social media, you actually make an impression on someone instead of passing through a subconscious content filter.

I don't support a system that allows people to permanently become invisible directly or otherwise to law enforcement. This would destabilize society and I want no part in it.
You have done the right thing, if you don't agree to the EULA, don't use the product or service. Don't crucify others.

Resistance is futile. Join us now or be eliminated. You have 10 days to reinstate your account and pray to god lord Zuckerberg forgives you.

>Do normal people really believe the bullshit and think that its okay for themselves to be corporate sheep to be mined in exchange for an "easier" life?
yes
they don't give a shit

it would literally be illegal if they didn't

If it's america, consumer rights are an afterthought

It's hopeless. They got fined 5 billion and it made barely a dent. Facebook could probably buy the entirety of the US right now (they probably bought most of the senators already)

It's only illegal if you find out, and even then the punishment is a fine somewhere around 1% of their daily income, none of which will pay for any damages to you.

You can just call them nigger. Besides the ones that actually care for you will make an effort to contact you.

T. Haven't used facebook in over 5 years

This is why we need a national Intranet on top of the existing Internet
to protect our country's interests and block out foreign interference from peeking into domestic affairs

NO HELL YOU DIDN'T! idiot

Facebook collects data on you even if you don’t have an account
vox.com/2018/4/20/17254312/facebook-shadow-profiles-data-collection-non-users-mark-zuckerberg

FACEBOOK IS TRACKING YOU ONLINE, EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT
newsweek.com/facebook-tracking-you-even-if-you-dont-have-account-888699

get yourself one from the 2000s if you can, feature phones from the 2010s kinda suck, they still are better than touch screen shits but they're not nearly as good as the ones from 2000s

You did a good thing, OP. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. However, your life will start taking a toll from it. But view it as needed and stay firm.

Attached: TheCatfishpill.png (5608x3648, 2.55M)

what the fuck is this pol shit image

BlackBerry curve was the best phone i ever had , but im thinking maybe the nokia 8110?

I don't understand, I'm anonymous. How did you find out my identity?

The reason i never really used and deleted facebook wasn't just because of the privacy, but because it's just a terrible website from the userbase to the desingn to the functionality.
Also escaping the data consuming botnet is not really possible anymore if you want to do anything online and I'm not willing to make the effort of un-googling my devices, switching my email accounts and finding good free alternatives

>>chatting with a friend about how social media can be used as a weapon by governments
stopped reading there

>he made a facebook account using his real identity

It doesn't matter, they already know everything there is about you. This information will never be deleted from their servers, and it will be sold time and time again to the highest bidder.

The worst part is facebook doesn't really make life easier anyway. Yeah other aspects of the internet do but facebook is just literally a place to pointlessly socialize and have inane shallow conversations.

I hated arguing with normies over retarded shit and having 100+ "friends" that I never actually talked to or hung out with and being "friends" with family

There is facebook trackers all over the web, you can't escape from them that easy.

Ever heard of email, tard?

How do I """delete""" instead of (((deactivate)))?

thanks for making me feel important, user

Deleted my profile couple of months ago, never felt better

>being logged in to goolag
>using winshit10 ever

faceberg is terrible for communicating too, besides all the privacy violations and negative social impact

>Avenues of contact
linkedin user, it got me a job 400k job

it's not that hard you faggot. if you want google and facebook out of your life, dont' use them. use duckduckgo.

open up your hosts file and block all google and facebook domains (there probably close to a hundred different ones they use). also block twitter, disqus, and all other things that track you across the web.

i unblock google just so that recaptcha works on Jow Forums. and when i'm done posting i reblock it. hopefully the faggots in charge here will one day replace it with something non-google.

Tl;dr on that image?

Tl;dr: incels gonna hate

What difference do you think it makes?