/spg/ - Smartphone General

Still Waiting For My 9T Pro To Be Shipped Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com
phonedb.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/5QCem1YH

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Last thread:

Attached: file.png (700x700, 441K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Friend has a Note 9 Exyshit. Asked him about battery life he said he charges it every 3-4 days. Is that even possible atleast with small daily use?

took it with him in the bathroom

Attached: 20190912_154917.jpg (386x686, 56K)

My Pixel 3 XL lasts over 30 hours if I don't go all ham crazy using it for everything at max brightness. Was closer to 20 hours before I removed some more "always active" apps. Slightly better on Android Q.

Mi 9? rip

Nice. Yeah probably its about killing bloat, using dark mode, lower brightness...
Trying to cope with Exyshit and go for it anyways because its still worth it over 2019 models imo

Any chink phones got a physical keyboard?

Nice wallpaper

Unihertz titan

First for most based phone

Attached: images (9).jpg (700x438, 21K)

>no fingerprint unlock
>no headphone jack
>will be priced at way more than it's worth like the 3 and 3 XL
>"""based"""
Unironically buy a 3a/3a XL instead for wait for the 4a/4a XL.

Why they wont make in display fingerprint scanner?

I got a brand new Huawei P30 Lite for 270€ which has 48 megapixels cam and 23mp front but its battery is made in china quality

>No need when face unlock works at the speed of light
>Welcome to 2019 poor faggot
>There needs to be a different between poor faggots like you and people like me

wrong pic

Attached: assets.newatlas.com.jpg (1440x810, 295K)

lets talk carriers. fuck contracts obviously, but there's a big variety of prepaid. what are your good/bad experiences? I was thinking of switching to ting from boost

>There needs to be a different
>poor faggots
Dumb ESL larper.

>Looks compact
Oops 6.1", 15.8cm x 6.8cm, wtf?
>21:9?
For black borders on every video
Why not just make shorter phone with normal aspect ratio sony

nokia 7.2 and 6.2 release when?

alright ni/g/ers I am taking your word for it and buying the Mi 9T

if it's shit I'll let you all know how stupid you all are

What are you afraid of? It wont fireball like Galaxy Note 7

Same reason the Pixel 3 and 3XL only had one camera on the back
Google thinks we don't "need" them
I put "need" in quotations because when they say it they really mean "deserve"

MIUI being shit, no LineageOS officially supported and chinkspying

Why don't you just wait until official Lineage comes out for it?

Maybe forcing people to use face unlock and get their faces for their databases and later selling to FBI and CIA...
Well, not needed if they lower the price, but higher the price, more features, atleast it should be like that kek

>For black borders on every video
only if you watch shitty videos on youtube

how long does xiaomi usually take to release global edition of their phones? not sure if i should go for rn7 or wait for rn8

cause need new phone now, rather than later
was going to get the Gookphone A70 but it was more expensive and more shit than the 9T so eh.
but don't worry user I don't mind it

Cause NPCs thinks WIDE PHONE BAD
I swear it's like manufacturers are designing phones to be comfortable in the hand of a child instead of the hand of an adult

Dont connect to every MiShit, disable ads, MIUI is okay and customizable, shit skin but workable. Flash Lineage and it works even better.

>disable ads
global version comes with ads? really?

my zuk z2 pro started showing ads sometimes when i launch apps, and it popups telling me to install the chinese version of tiktok

it started doing this out of nowhere, i've had it for 2 years or so. from now on i will take into account how easy it is to root and wipe a chinese phone before buying it

Chinks have smaller hands probably its the reason
Well yeah i watch videos mostly on yt, ratios these days are bummer for me

also how acceptable is the current state of this unofficial LineageOS?

Go into an Mi store (if there's one near you) and check out miui first. It's not everyone cup of tea.

i should say that i found the tiktok thing amusing at first and spent an hour or so watching weird chinese videos, but now that i can't uninstall the malware and i realize i've been using a phone that isn't mine all this time i'm mad as hell

Should come with no ads. There is flashable miui eu with 100% no ads just in case.
Also all of them can be disabled on chink version also Blokada blocks one in browsers and apps from play store

yes user I wish I could test it so I wouldn't have to buy it blind.

Dont, i even saw on some yt clip pop up camera doesnt show colors.
Its not necessary but i dont want pajeet shit to fuck up hardware things like that...

It's such a shame xiaomi phones are never waterproof.
All screen is awesome but I love the waterproofing and durability of my G6.

I'd personally look into flashing a GSI instead of running unofficial Lineage, for now.

Google is so dumb that they've never heard of antitrust complaints before
Phablets are more popular in China than they are in the west, so it's western gaijins who all have baby hands

such as?

Lineage GSI, AOSP GSI, whichever.
Take a look for yourself: github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list

hmmmm, I'll take a look at MIUI once it arrives and decide if it is bearable for everyday use
otherwise I'll just return it, since I have 30 day return policy, I need a phone to replace mine and it really has to be functional

Don’t follow phone releases and saw op pic while scrolling through catalogue. Didn’t realize chinks had become so based. Full screen and a mechanical pop out piece of shit for front camera using normies. Looks like it’s finally time to toss my iPhone 6 in the trash.

cheap manufacturing. if you give a fuck you can water resist it yourself with some glue.

>normies

I was used to kind of stock android, with Sony interface and miui didn't suit me. I've installed and set the Poco Launcher on my wonderful Mi Mix 2S and it's perfect

Well there are tests on yt about how waterproof mi 9 is, and it scored ip68-like waterproofing... Just not branded, so idk check it yourself

any phone like the mi 9T with more square ish corners?

China is has more databases for recording and storing data and their phones include face unlock, fingerprints, and even eye scanners

I always put Nova Launcher on every phone, but the way people talk of MIUI make it seem like it would still be trash and that you need to flash something non chink over it.

rounded corners everywhere I go

Buying a phone with Google spyware, no thanks, I'm sticking with my Samsung.

Attached: sram_cipu.jpg (724x720, 39K)

Chink women love big phones for some reason, yet they can't hold it in one hand. They're fucking autistic.

I'm looking for recommendations for best smartphone for photos in ~200-250$ budget. >3000 mAh will be also nice.
I'm looking now at Asus ZenFone Max Pro (M2) or Samsung Galaxy A50.

A50

I have 2 phones:
An iPhone 6s (main)
A Samsung S7 (learning for eventual migration to Android/LineageOS)

I hope the TALLPHONE gimmick blows up in their face like it surely will. Noone wants this, bring back 16:9

Attached: 1563451790389.jpg (960x540, 59K)

Should I buy iphone 11 or the iphone XS for a similar price?

Attached: 15.jpg (1200x1741, 970K)

how about not buying an iphone user

>Razer Phone 2 only recent phone still based enough to still have 16:9 screen
>has godlike front facing speakers
>but no headphone jack
So close.

I had android before and the user experience is very bad in my opinion

before when? I mean if you're already cucked by the iphone ecosystem, there's no point in getting out now unless you wanna quit it, I'd recommend XS instead of the 11 because you still get the two cameras but with a better screen

Huawei P30 Lite

Everyone with a xiaomi should dump a bucket of water on they're phone for science.
This post was sponsored by Lenovo

My phone died and I need a replacement for under 250 euros, what is there worth checking out or is there anything coming out soon?

>Had phones in the past with this
>Previous phone didn't have this
>Despite having same SoC
Is it dependent upon the display?

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-180006.png (1080x2340, 103K)

Sick but anything available now?

When will they update Google maps to pause podcasts/music when it reads directions?

Attached: IMG_20190911_100405.jpg (1380x698, 138K)

mind sharing the pape?

No

4a ????? wow ebic

Attached: peenore.jpg (400x400, 23K)

so my gf has an old Samsung Galaxy S5 and it's virus ridden and slow. What is the best google-free alternative to Android?I've heard of LineageOS and PostmarketOS, what should I go for? I basically want to improve performance and security. It should be fairly easy to use too since I don't want to play tech support too much

do those actually work though?
as in, all hardware features (pop up cam, on screen fingerprint, etc) work?

What would you guys recommend for someone who wants a sub 5.5 inch phone that has a headphone jack and expandable storage? I've considered a pixel 3a and a Sony xz2 compact but neither have both a jack and expandable storage. Doesn't need to be the newest thing on the market as I really just use my phone to watch videos and listen to music

Xz2 compact is worth sacrificing the jack. Just use an adapter and be mindful of when you charge/get an adapter. Or find an xz1 compact and look into battery replacements down the line. Also consider Bluetooth or USB headphones. It sucks not having the option but isn't a deal breaker like lack of expandable storage

I need a budget phone to replace my dying iPhone 6. My work phone is an iPhone 8 but I'm trying to find a new job so I am slowly migrating my stuff back to my old phone. I don't want something fancy as my next job will give me the latest most powerful cuckphone. What's a good lightweight android that looks decent and won't bulk my pocket?

It already lowers the volume, actually pausing that many times would be unspeakably irritating

My phone broke. I am gonna get a new one from T-Mobile tomorrow. Should I get the Google Pixel 3a?

Attached: 1560454089444.png (710x698, 77K)

They do make the best phones.

Attached: 51-QMzEE0HL._SX569_.jpg (569x531, 23K)

Sure, should be a solid device
If they drop it $800 CAD when the T comes out I might pull the trigger. 8+256 Nebula Blue has been taunting me.

>Third world countries get pie update for LG V30
>America still doesn't have it

Attached: 1_57fqq1792d.jpg (1200x1200, 177K)

>tfw no phone worth buying

any phone like this under 300$s?

Attached: 3D0gZxi.jpg (544x956, 118K)

there isn't any phone like that for any price because it's fucking stupid

dude I've never care about waterproof phones, all I have to do is keep it away from the rain and be careful near water.

why?

why the jack though? especially now with BT 5 out?

US on Mint mobile (T mobile), considering getting Oneplus 6T, it's a pretty fair price renewed. thoughts Jow Forums?

Attached: joan peggy cheers.webm (480x268, 214K)

I don't like having to charge earphones

but you get lots of time, i dislike the wire in public and at the gym so the new true wireless stuff is pretty damn good but I guess people still like them

retard

I actually think the wire is more useful when you're trying to find your earphones in a backpack for instance, and I don't have to place them inside a tiny box or else they'll run out of battery, not to mention I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars in a good products since most wireless earphones under 50$ are trash

Best budget android?

>only willing to spend $300 for his dream phone
Dumbass with dumbass expectations.

My dream phone doesn't require the best specks. I am not a power user, I don't game on my phone and I don't have many apps installed. I am fine with 6GBs of RAM and a snapdragon 730

Is there any better Android One phone under 300$ than the Xiaomi Mi A3?
Yes i know the screen is 720p but it's not a problem for me