Hey guys nice to e-meet you...

Hey guys nice to e-meet you, I am taking a class in technology in the law and while I’m not tech savvy myself there’s a lot of cool kids with there cool machines, I’m running a dell latitude built in 2006, running windows 7 I love It but, I want to impress the cool tech kids, I have a spare hardrive I could put some sort of Debian OS on to try and impress them with my computer skills, any thoughts on how to impress the cool tech kids would be appreciated, maybe some kind of Linux thing, how do I show them I’m hip, thank you bye

Attached: 62843141-8FA8-4442-A8A2-E51A07507444.jpg (450x501, 46K)

install gentoo

Google hackertyper
Enjoy

Attached: 1558306328169.jpg (628x960, 48K)

Forget to say: press F11 for full screen experience

Attached: 1548791031208.jpg (1080x1350, 127K)

shut the fuck up boomer

stop projecting your old age on us, gramps

If this isn't bait, stop focusing on impressing other people and focus on impressing yourself. When you stop thinking "wow, other people are gonna think this is so cool" and start thinking "wow, I can't believe I did that" you'll be happier.

You're better off getting something up to date. You don't even have to spend more than $200 to get brand new hardware that works all day.

The main problem is the power consumption of the older silicon.

Just buy a chrome book that's what Jow Forums did

That’s a good idea I think that’s what I’ll do, thanks for all the suggestions guys

This is a cool laptop. Add an SSD, install Linux editions until you find one you like, theme it with sg. nice, that will be good. It's fine to say there you're getting started and you'd welcome some help.

I already gave It a 1tb ssd doubt I’ll ever fill It, as I don’t use large files, I was playing around with Freedos which came with Clonezilla I was using to copy over the drives and I would love to switch over to a non graphic user interface, are there any good ones for beginners?

You mean Linux GUIs? For an older laptop Lubuntu or Xubuntu are worth trying, go for version 19.

The fuck did I just read?

Attached: 1566090525430.jpg (997x855, 169K)

>D Series Latitude

Why not just splurge and buy a Latitude E6440 off ebay, they're the last of the good Latitudes, and they're shockingly cheap.

enjoy everyone thinking you are autistic

Attached: 1471520213652.png (739x697, 109K)

no one actually fucking cares what you use there are kids who bring in ipads with keyboard cases and people with chromebooks who are more impressive than some dude with a 4:3 laptop running a meme os that no one will enough to look at especially during lecture
hell I fucking put up a full screen bomb countdown counter and no one gave a shit
people watch twitch streams on lab computers during lecture, people play osrs
no one
gives a shit
everyone just wants to fucking get through the semester then graduate
fuck off you autist

Attached: 80f.png (360x361, 25K)

I unironically like this computer.
I agree w 1st post. Install gentoo