Are vpns worth it?

im just a normal fag, should i really be concerned about my safety when using the web? are free vpns really worth it? paying for one doesnt seem fun

Attached: btdb.png (908x182, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
airvpn.org/forums/topic/26206-rebuttal-of-article-dont-use-vpn-services/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Paying for one is fairly cheap if you use it regularly.

If you're downloading a few hundred GB per month of movies, TV, music, etc. Then might as well spend the ~$2-3/month for a fast paid VPN.

I have been paying for private internet access for almost 8 years now, never had a single torrent notice since i've started using it, and with my gigabit speeds, I still manage ~80MB/s download speeds even going through the VPN.

which one do you use?

i torrent anything maybe twice a month, should i be worried?

>which one do you use?
as I said
>private internet access

And if you torrent THAT infrequently, i probably wouldn't bother unless your ISP has been sending you warnings or something.

You have no privacy why pretend and waste your money, only save way to compute Is a 2006 laptop without all wireless functionality and whenever you move a file to It through usb you must throw away the usb drive

In most cases, no. Read this: gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

I don't do it for the sense of privacy, I do it because if I don't my ISP sends annoying letters and makes me take a 10 or 15 minute online course on why not to pirate things, and if I continue getting warnings for torrents, they'll suspend my service for good.

I was already given a 24 hour internet suspension once, ever since then i've been using a VPN and it's been 8 years since my ISP has said anything to me about torrenting.
Same ISP too.

Just use the free version of ProtonVPN if you want to try one.
I remember I downloaded 3 indie games and some windows 7 iso from piratebay. Using no vpn, we never got a letter from our ISP.
But then my father wanted to try Popcorn Time, watched one movie then got a letter saying "Stop It" from our ISP. Watched 2 more movies, no letter from those.

Idk what we can or can't pirate anymore.

I could be wrong but streaming is not considered pirating...just downloading files. As per American rules. Is that correct?

No, you can also stream a torrent, but that's still torrenting.

Retarded post.
airvpn.org/forums/topic/26206-rebuttal-of-article-dont-use-vpn-services/

>VPN provider telling people they DO need a VPN
seems legit

>I'm so retarded that I can't read the post that was linked to me to realise that it's not just an advertisement for a company but rather a rebuttal that stands on its own even when the VPN company is completely stripped from the rebuttal
Don't make me remove all AirVPN specific mentions from that post and repost it on another gist just so it can get through your thick skull

hehe

vpn is a meme

based AirVPN

Attached: airdesk.png (574x731, 30K)

I already have a VPN and have 94 countries to choose from. What country is the safest for torrenting through?
I know of 5/9/14 eyes, it's probably best to avoid those countries, right?

Attached: ????.png (619x612, 369K)

There is no reason to use a VPN if you aren’t torrenting

doesnt matter. it depends on your vpn provider, and if they belong to those agencies.

The organization owning/running those servers is as important as where the server is.

Also, it entirely depends what you want to do.
The US is "five eyes", and will send CIA killers after you if you pirate a movie, but it has almost absolute free speech. If you're a French person who wants to, erm, ask questions about the holocaust (illegal in France), a US VPN is a good solution.

Double hop. Run a vpn on your host and one inside a VM. If one data center is logging you have a fall out plan

VPN:

Good for pirates.
Bad for terrorists.

Cheapest VPN for pirating?

Any do any of them let you use BBC iPlayer?

nope.

SItes like Tinder will still see through them

Certain things get tagged and reported to the ISP. The look for that for print and Mark the seeders. If you connect to one, they flag you.