Is iPhone Actually the Smarter Choice?

>The True Cost of the iPhone
youtube.com/watch?v=5kZRY5xlP6Y

>Assuming you have a initial ~$1000 to buy a phone. Apple or Android?
>Androids often devalue much faster than iPhones, the latter of which often only loses $1-200 in value by the next model's release. this would make Apple the logical economic solution, contrary to popular belief.
>Therefore taking into account the resale price in your upgrade budget; buying an Apple iPhone is much cheaper over time.
>This isn't even considering the fact that Google openly admits that they farm you for data in exchange for 'low prices and free services'
Discuss.

Attached: ip.jpg (1200x675, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerist.com/2010/06/21/privacy-change-apple-knows-your-phone-is-and-is-telling-people/
telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8912714/Apple-iTunes-flaw-allowed-government-spying-for-3-years.html
telegraph.co.uk/technology/3358134/Apples-Jobs-confirms-iPhone-kill-switch.html
theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/15/apple-removing-iphone-home-button-fingerprint-scanning-screen
theintercept.com/2016/11/17/iphones-secretly-send-call-history-to-apple-security-firm-says/
theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/04/apple-data-privacy-icloud
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/05/new-guidelines-outline-what-iphone-data-apple-can-give-to-police/
hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-d
9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/
engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/
cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This isn't an Apple fanboy post either, I'm genuinely coming to a crossroads here.

I own a Samsung Galaxy S9, and trying to modify my settings and take extra steps to ensure my privacy shouldn't be normal. Apple has said before that the purchasing of the iPhone itself is the transaction. Not only is it realistically cheaper, but I think it's the better option all around.
>More updates, USA designed, relatively secure peace of mind, cheaper
It just seems a lot more practical of a device and I don't rice the shit out of anything anymore like I did when I was a child, I'm too busy to be worried about having emulated games on my damn phone these days.

Attached: 1468969079266 (2018_01_16 05_22_39 UTC).png (250x185, 68K)

who the fuck would spend 1000 on a mobile phone in the first place like jesus christ.

I just don't like the closed system
If I own the phone I should be able to do as I please, root it, mod it, have fucking file manager, downloading apps from third party sites
If iOS was open I'd have jumped the ship right with the X's launch

Just buy an iPhone see and be done with it

Used iphones for 3 years, Android for 4 years, and now going back to iPhone. Biggest reason is for that resale value. The pixel 2 I bought for $600 or whatever 2 years ago is worth jack shit now

>thinking consumer electronics are an 'investment'
Americans are retarded

It doesn't matter who the fuck you are, the entirety of the internet farms you for data. Quit thinking linearly.

>buying a car then selling it later when it’s of no use to you - fine by Jow Forums
>buying a phone then selling it later when it’s of no use to you - LOL POORFAG ITODDLER PHONES ARENT INVESTMENTS RAJEET RAKESH RAJDEEP

>>Assuming you have a initial ~$1000 to buy a phone.

Well, you fucked up at the start line.

Android phones depreciating faster means you don't have to spend a thousand in the first place if you just wait a few months after they come out. What a fucking idiot.

>Assuming you spent 1,000 dollarydoos on a phone that will lose you 200 bucks in months.

So they are just assuming the person in the example is retarded.

This is the logical option.

>Buy 200 bucks Xiaomi phone that does 99% of the same as the 1k phones but with a microsd, headphone jack and bigger battery life.
>Use it for 3 years which is when they stop receiving security updates often.
>Buy the new 200 bucks phone.
>Trade the old one for some weed.

Attached: 1528487260965.jpg (500x642, 138K)

>thinking apple doesn't data mine
lol.

>iphones only lose 1-200 in value by next model's release
when a new model comes out the price of the old model drops astronomically on the used market due to the extreme increase in supply with people selling their old phones and extreme drop in demand because it's no longer the newest model. Really don't know where the 1-200 number comes from other than the fact they charge 1-200 less on MSRP for the old devices when new devices come out?

Apple never lower price current iphones until new iphone announces, Android phone usually lower price before announce, this made resale value on android lower.

Optimal buy for iPhone is few day before launch, optimal buy android is few months before launch.

I still can't comprehend why they don't offer the cheap variant with a finger print sensor instead of the retarded facial recognition shit that takes up so much screen.
I feel like Apple is just in denial that facial recognition was a shit idea and now its purely sunk cost double down.

Or I can just buy a $100-150 phone instead and use it for 2 years instead.

If i was willing to spend 1500$ on a phone, yes, Apple would bé the choice. But i don't need an expensive phone yet

Not everyone has the same taste, but I understand what you're trying to convey.

Doesn't apple do the same thing? Siri records you 24/7 and sends that to the NSA AFAIK.

They collect BSSIDs and GPS data for their network location service.
consumerist.com/2010/06/21/privacy-change-apple-knows-your-phone-is-and-is-telling-people/

They neglected fixing a security vulnerability for three years so law enforcement could use it as a backdoor. Who says they don't the same with iOS?
telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8912714/Apple-iTunes-flaw-allowed-government-spying-for-3-years.html

They also have a backdoor to remotely wipe phones.
telegraph.co.uk/technology/3358134/Apples-Jobs-confirms-iPhone-kill-switch.html

Apple proposed integrating the fingerprint scanner into the screen so you can't use the phone without giving away your fingerprint.
theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/15/apple-removing-iphone-home-button-fingerprint-scanning-screen

Apple collects all your call history.
theintercept.com/2016/11/17/iphones-secretly-send-call-history-to-apple-security-firm-says/

We had the fappening happen because it uploads all your images to iCloud. It even sends the files to the cloud without asking for permission.
theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/04/apple-data-privacy-icloud

Most iCloud data and some data from passcode-locked devices can be provided.
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/05/new-guidelines-outline-what-iphone-data-apple-can-give-to-police/

Attached: 1536906543982.png (682x978, 362K)

Attached: 1499388987155.jpg (1242x1720, 388K)

So why do they sell your data to 3rd parties, leak your nudes online, and give you up to the feds asap? I thought they care about your privacy.

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-d

9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/

engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/

cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/