IPhone Appreciation Thread

I had the iPhone 3gs then switched to Android for the next nearly 10 years. Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S7, then I switched to the iPhone X last spring.

The Android OS is interesting and customization and I had it rooted and could do some interesting things with it. Trouble is it was glitchy and would never just get out of my way and do it's thing, it was always fucking up or asking me for the 7th time in a week which default application did I want to use for this or that.

It just works is unironically true.

Does anyone else share this sediment?

>t. have an iPhone 11 Pro Max 512gb on pre-order.

Attached: iphone-11-pro-select-2019-family[1].jpg (882x1058, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/erubeh.mp4
wired.com/story/android-vulnerability-five-years-fragmentation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DESIGNATED

SHITTING

STREETS

Attached: 1556088870670.jpg (643x960, 255K)

>Does anyone else share this sediment?

iphone autocorrect, ladies and gentlemen

Attached: 1567706857913.jpg (505x431, 31K)

Attached: 1532212329767.png (400x1650, 367K)

It’s definitely superior to android but the Nokia lumia phones with Windows mobile were the absolute best, too bad they dropped the ball so early.

>doesn't select default apps and blames the phone for asking which one to use.
>Upgrading from the X to 11 this early in the life cycle.
I think iph*nes are okay for what they are and "just work" for anyone above maybe 65 iq but you're one retarded nigga. You should definitely stick with them, for everyone's best interest.

>Does anyone else share this sediment?
What if we did share the same sediment? Like its a really small world and possibilities of us doing exactly that are possible.

As for the iPhone? I don't care. I'm more of a Palm Treo kind of guy.

The iPhone 5c looked cute when it came out, I kinda wanted one. I hear iPhones go to shit when you install new versions of iOS on them though. Is an iPhone 5c usable today or not? The other phones don't really offer any useful new features, just bigger numbers to impress smaller brains.

The 5c was the worst 5. The 5 series are pretty weak in comparison, they are from at least 2013 anyways. If you absolutely need a smol iPhone get the SE, if not then maybe some 6(s) variant or the 7.

iPhones are completely unusable after 363 days.

Attached: 1538798741396.png (994x961, 335K)

>"It just works is unironically true."
>Not knowing how to set default apps/launcher after years of use
iOS was made for children to cope with their inability to learn modern technology

5c was just 5 released with plastic shell next to much better 5s.

Just get the SE if you want a small phone, it still supports the newest iOS and runs fine.

>lagPhone
>run fine
SEs have been laggy unsuable shitheaps for years.

6 is also pretty shit. Don't get anything older than 6S or SE.

The original iPhone was the best. Pure.

Thinking pf getting an iPhone 8 plus over a XS Max. I just think the traditional look and home button are too iconic to let go desu.

>lagPhone

Serious question: why would a person choose to buy an iphone over any other android phone? What are the pros and cons between ios and android in 2019?
Can anyone please give a non retard meme answer?

Attached: 1566034561257.jpg (5092x6966, 2.51M)

iFags aren't people.

Attached: 1549324215662.jpg (996x954, 319K)

That was a retarded meme answer and not technology related.

Please show me any lagdroid that got updates for over 4 years in the ~$500 price range. Bonus challenge: small screen and high quality. Most small screen lagdroids are crippled "entry level" plastic phones.

Waiting for next year when USB-C, 5G get introduced and the notch removed. Still using my iPhone 6 five years in and all good. I hope we get 1 TB option

I don't want to buy a phone every 2 years. I haven't had an android but so far, iPhone "just werks" for me. When I got my iPhone 5, I had a defective camera, so I went to the apple store and had a new (probably refurbished) phone in my hand after 10 minutes. That's my only trouble I've had with iPhones and I don't really see this as a bad experience given the customer support.

Not sure if you actually save money by spending more and then keeping your phone longer, but at least it's less of a hassle.

Xiaomi Mi 4/4c, Mi 5

I've been using my S7 Active for 3 years and it still works fine

>small screen
>posts 5“ phablet
This is your brain on lagdroid.

>5“
>big
>"""phablet"""
Yeah that's handlet for you fucking dwarves

>fat burger fingers can’t use a real phone
>“n–no, 5“ isn’t a phablet“

>implying
itoddlers in a nutshell

I started using smartphones with HTC Touch. It was gross Windows Mobile shit.
After that I had bougth the Iphone 3G - it was a marvelous device in comparasion with HTC.
After Iphone I used bunch of android smartphones - galaxy s4, note 4, xiaomi mi max 2.
Android is fine in the beginning but after some time a lot of bugs appeared. Regardless the price of phone. It's internal OS problem.

Now I have bougth Iphone 8 and don't plan switcing to android ever.

I hope Apple will introduce notchless phone in two or three years and I can change my Iphone 8 for it.

even years ago 5" wasn't phablet size, giga nigger manlet.

manlets cope
how does it feel to live with t-rex hands and shit fingers?

Attached: f.jpg (3024x4032, 2.87M)

I feel like the trade off is:

>Android (not counting niche roms etc.)
+ Less lock in, third party app stores available
+ Decent customization
- Google and others suck up your data
------
You get freedom to install stuff and tinker, but you pay with your info and privacy.

>iPhone
+ More well thought out UI + more polished apps
+ Better privacy
- Expensive lock in with the apple ecosystem
------
You get a polished experience with less data leakage, but you pay more money.

I've gone back and forth between both. Most recently went from the Google Pixel to an iPhone 7. They were released around the same time and seem very much equivalent. Of the two I'm happier with the iPhone right now.

Also more pissed about google, ms and facebook than apple right now due to their hunger for data. With apple I know that they just try to fuck my wallet, not all my info (or less so than the competition).

>uses note 4 and s4, objectively not great phones, and then a chinkware spyphone
>THEYRE BUGGY AND SHIT

C'mon bruh

>not all my info

Attached: 1543274228503.png (1099x885, 269K)

Not denying that they're far from perfect. See also them getting swept up in the same voice assistant scandal as ms, google and amazon.

But when you look at their revenue streams you see that they still make most of their money from stuff they charge the consumers for. Hardware, soon services will be a bigger slice.

Google on the other hand make most of their money from android users on ads they display in google search, youtube, the internet.

I'm not saying google bad apple good. But I feel more comfortable with iOS than android right now. The interface being nicer and the apps being more polished is the cherry on top.

>apps being more polished

Attached: 1564632236540.webm (640x290, 2.43M)

Talking about the look and feel of the app. Try comparing spotify, twitter or whatever banking app you use.

Fuck off, zoomer friend. S3 was considered huge and it had a 4,7 screen.

Cut your nails, faggot.

Applel also has integration with others Apple stuff for shared notes, browser tabs and hands off.

>Cut your nails
>blind manlet
pitiful

Sorry, didn’t expect a femanon :(

>Applel also has integration
Which goes hand in hand with them fucking your wallet. It's pretty nice though and has so far been mostly worth it. I use a 2015 macbook pro for work and like the integrations.

It's cliche, but I prefer to feel like I'm the customer, not the product. You get that to a larger degree with apple than with google.

Same reason I vastly prefer apps that I pay for over slick ones that instead gobble up your info and show sneaky ads everywhere.

Too bad that free apps nowadays often are of better quality than paid ones...

>anyone who has hands not as fat and short as me must be female
pitiful :^(

And it doesn't bother you that it's 2 major OS versions behind?

>I prefer to feel like I'm the customer, not the product.
You are a sheep. You are the product.

Attached: 1553482990941.png (1055x748, 354K)

Does that somehow make your work or your life harder?

Based Jow Forumsentooman not able to respond in other ways than screencaps and memes.

It's such a pain to formulate thoughts, don't fight it, succumb to forever being a brainlet. :^)

Most 2018 flagship phones from any company other than Samsung and Apple. You can buy an LG V35 ThinQ for $400, a Mi Mix 3 (one of my favorite phones) also for $400, and I'm sure you could easily find a Oneplus phone for that price point as well. Those are just three that come to mind, but the flagship phones of 2019 drove 2018's flagship phones into the mid to low range pricepoint.

Iphones aren't worth their money.

>tfw nobody shares their sediment with me

files.catbox.moe/erubeh.mp4

And how can you tell, 2018 flagship phones have 4 years of software updates? Do they guarantee that?

How many cameras you want senpai?

Attached: iphone_112.gif (213x300, 3.69M)

It makes your phone less secure.
wired.com/story/android-vulnerability-five-years-fragmentation/

You can have my sediment

I've owned an Android device since the Nexus One and I have never once come across the problems you describe below, admittedly all my devices have been flagship phones from The Nexus line, Samsung, Sony and now One Plus. Yes, I can imagine you would get "glitchy" performance from a budget device but I think you're talking out of your arse when you talk of a default application issue. Yes, you would get the OS asking your choice of program to use on a fresh install or factory reset but once you've been asked it would remember your original decision. You like comfy and appreciate that but also appreciate that other people don't like a locked down OS with a Communist Russian like DRM strategy and CPU throttling. I like my device unfettered, unlocked, rooted and total user customisable.