github.com/wintersim/fiddler-spotify-adblock
youtube.com/watch?v=C07_lVxvva0
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/Jow Forums-x/
github.com/nvidia/nvidia-container-runtime
github.com/NVIDIA/nvidia-docker
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_To_Go
crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/envy-15-j192nf
amazon.fr/s?k=8gb ram SODIMM&__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
amazon.fr/Crucial-CT8G4SFS824A-PC4-19200-260-Pin-Mémoire/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=8gb ram SODIMM&qid=1568476576&s=gateway&sr=8-3
amazon.fr/Samsung-1600MHz-ordinateur-portable-sO-dimm/dp/B00ZUI2TJM/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=8gb ram SODIMM&qid=1568476576&s=gateway&sr=8-7
octoperf.com/blog/2018/11/07/thinkpad-t440p-buyers-guide/
soshi.manuth.life/data/soshi/pictures/
jowforums.com/thread/72741041/technology
github.com/danielmagnussons/orgmode
crypton.sh/
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba
stackoverflow.com/questions/641407/javascript-negative-lookbehind-equivalent
jowforums.com/thread/72748135/technology

Evan Robinson
Evan Robinson

shota os?

Alexander Gomez
Alexander Gomez

why do all of these threads have a dumb anime image

Cooper Gray
Cooper Gray

What controller would you recommend for playing with older games (SNES, GB/C/A, Atari, etc) on emulators?

Chase Scott
Chase Scott

because op is a fag, next question

Adrian Brown
Adrian Brown

gentoo or void

Jacob Davis
Jacob Davis

Windows 10 with a "gamer" theme downloaded from YouTube.

Because the shotafag OP is the only one who bothers with making these threads and the headphone general threads.

Daniel Walker
Daniel Walker

Is there any program that can handle combining about 100 wav files into one file in order when they are about 3 hours each? I want to do that, add some compression or maximization to the sound if possible, then use something like wavepad to split that file into many small wav files of even lengths to put on bandcamp. I can't find an editor that will import them easily into the same timeline and I don't want to do them individually because they take too long to load and move around and the programs can't keep up. I've tried Ableton and Adobe Premiere and Wavpad. In Wavpad they all import into separate windows instead of one timeline, and in Premiere they don't all import only about 20.

Elijah Baker
Elijah Baker

Is there any URL shortener like Tinyurl that lets you have a custom alias?

Jordan Jones
Jordan Jones

whats a keylogger and why is everyone on /v/ saying that denuvo is one now?

Cameron Parker
Cameron Parker

Reposting:
Every time I do a quick clean up with CCleaner, I usually do it 2 or 3 times to make sure everything is as clean as possible, but normally, instead of getting an empty log, these entries appear.
Is there any way I can erase these somehow or they're hard coded Windows stuff?

Attached: ccleaner.png (21 KB, 470x454)

Jaxson Price
Jaxson Price

The 3.5mm jack on the front my desktop is starting to die.
I looked on Antec's website and didn't see a replacement part for this.
Is this something case makers usually sell replacement parts for, or am I SOL?

Pic related.

Attached: 1565131845913.jpg (189 KB, 1080x1080)

Nathan Clark
Nathan Clark

What's a good debugger since OllyDbg doesn't update their website anymore?

Attached: OllyDbg-odbg64-03.png (104 KB, 989x727)

Lincoln Peterson
Lincoln Peterson

I replaced my mobo today after my old one bit the dust. Decided to do a fresh Windows install.

I had two 4TB HDDs in RAID 0 in addition to two SSDs. I formatted them all before reinstalling Windows. What's weird is that Windows still recognizes it as an 8TB drive, but my new BIOS only reads one drive at 4TB. Is this a big deal? It seems to working fine, but I just find it weird.

Carson Lewis
Carson Lewis

What are normal cpu operating temperatures?
What program should I use to monitor temperatures?
Ryzen master says my 3800x idles at about 40C while HWmonitor reads 50C. On load it sits at about 70.

Attached: 1434910479240.jpg (295 KB, 1024x768)

Isaac Turner
Isaac Turner

nvm I think Foobar is doing it

Easton Ward
Easton Ward

i am sorry for this really really dumb question. but how come, when i download the source code for a program in linux, often it doesnt have a "configure" file? arent they supposed to??

John Cook
John Cook

60/40 or 63/37?

Jordan Russell
Jordan Russell

10°C above room temperature tops idle, under 80°C under stress.

Remember Ryzen has a CPU temperature sensor and a motherboard CPU sensor so its easy to read the wrong one.

Gabriel James
Gabriel James

How is it dying? you have to move it around or it has static on it?
Frontal ones are easy to fix or replace if you have a 5.25" bay.

Carson Young
Carson Young

What functional benefits will a larger RAM cache on a HDD get me?

The difference between these two seems to mostly be the manufacturer and the purchase/shipping options. I'm using PCPartPicker.

I want one drive for bulk data storage, and one to replace a dying HDD in an old system. The old system currently has a 500gb drive, so even a 1tb drive would be plenty for that system and a few programs. More than 2tb of storage would be a lot for that system, so I'm just looking for a cheap replacement, really.

Attached: Annotation-2019-09-13-235440.png (17 KB, 1505x114)

David Lewis
David Lewis

No real benefits.
When it comes to big HDDs you want reliability over performance.
Avoid Seagate HDDs for reliability reasons, get a WD or HGST HDD.

Im looking for a cheap replacement
Buy a WD 1TB Blue then?

Jonathan Wilson
Jonathan Wilson

I'm doing some 3D animation for a technical presentation. What service can I use to upload the video in good quality that's private?

Attached: 1562878964056.jpg (491 KB, 2196x3440)

David Morales
David Morales

It will occasionally not play audio, or will significantly distort the audio.
Pulling out the cable, reinserting it, and wiggling it around will occasionally fix it but it's annoying to have to do it each time I want to use my headphones.

I'm sure it's easy to fix or replace, but I can't find the parts.
It's an Antec 302 so it's a 10-year old case now and Antec doesn't list the front panel on their website any more.

Juan Hall
Juan Hall

let me emphasize more since i'm retarded:

I want to seamlessly transition my powerpoint to a video I made where the quality doesn't look like shit so I can pause and resume during important parts and such. Powerpoint and other things like dropbox reduce the quality to shit

Carson Edwards
Carson Edwards

Sounds like your 3.5mm jack just came loose, which is normal in cheap cases.

You have 2 options.
Fix it by redoing the solder joint in the bottom part of the board in your case, or buy a USB or SPDIF DAC for a few bucks.

Logan Perry
Logan Perry

I have nothing I need to do this Saturday for the first time in a few months.

What should I do

Kevin Torres
Kevin Torres

What's a good graphics card for a relatively good price for my HP Compaq Elite 8000 small form factor?

Benjamin Richardson
Benjamin Richardson

A GTX 1650 LP?

Nathaniel Roberts
Nathaniel Roberts

How could I modify this userscript to work with embedded videos too?
By default, it only works on videos watched at youtube.com specifically.
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23661-youtube-hd

Charles Thompson
Charles Thompson

how do i properly tunnel torrents through an SSH tunnel while also allowing incoming connections?

I keep getting SUPER slow torrent speeds and a stdout full of "connection refused" while the speed steps up very slowly from 50kb/s to 200kb/s in like 4 minutes

Easton Fisher
Easton Fisher

Is there anything in the $30-50 dollar range for some low tier gaming?

Jackson Perez
Jackson Perez

Used GT 1030?
Or any used GTX 1050 / 1050Ti?

Carter Davis
Carter Davis

So, I have an asus vg248 144Hz monitor. Problem is: when I watch Netflix (either on Edge or windows 10app, because for some reason real browers don't do 1080p any more on Netflix) the video gets laggy unless I put my monitor to 60Hz. BUT when I put my monitor to 60Hz it fucks with the colors. Blacks suddenly have a more grey-ish tone and aren't as saturated.
Any way to fix that? (or the laggy viewing in 144Hz, I tried with and without hardware accel and I just can't seem to fix it)

Jordan King
Jordan King

Best free software to check mails from multiple accounts on windows?

Matthew Ross
Matthew Ross

Thunderbird

Andrew Sanchez
Andrew Sanchez

whats the easiest code to learn?

Attached: 9a1e5ec2e8eca8c52f293c805cafeac2c2c15a7f3c37fc81c579ef2c97306365.jpg (48 KB, 500x500)

Jason Green
Jason Green

Lua is super easy, but python is probably more useful, I heard codecademy is decent at teaching python, too.

You shouldn't learn by what's easiest tho, you should learn by what you need. I mean, what's the point of learning swedish if you don't plan to go to sweden, or consume swedish media, you know?

Matthew Parker
Matthew Parker

Java and Python.

Connor Fisher
Connor Fisher

A keylogger is a program that uploads everything you type somewhere.
Denuvo has always done shady shit, its mostly hated for being inefficient and making games run horrible.

BL3 added an actual spyware now though, which is what i think you are talking about.
TLDR of it, it checks what you have open and uploads it to someone server, reason why it needs 2MB/s upload to play the game, the denuvo part of it only does a small check.

Connor Cruz
Connor Cruz

Ryzen Master displays some sort of average reading across the chip or something like that, other tools display what I assume is the hottest part. Idling in the 50s is somewhat normal for Ryzen 3000. They boost aggressively/frequently and use pretty high voltages, so as long as even 1 core is boosting you'll see fairly high temps.

Cameron Lopez
Cameron Lopez

Buffalo USB controller.
Hori gamecube controller.
A old Dualshock 2 controller with a USB adapter.

Jackson Gonzalez
Jackson Gonzalez

mainly wanna learn how to make games with nothing crazy tho like a triple a game

Anthony Bell
Anthony Bell

That is a really bad reason why learn programming, just learn how use Unity and blender instead.

Why
Because you will feel like its too hard and will take a really long time till you can make a game if you are starting from scratch.

Hudson Cruz
Hudson Cruz

wanted to do a 2d game so thought that would work, but ill still check it out though

Jackson Collins
Jackson Collins

Then Unity and a program that will help you to draw sprites.

Nathaniel Hall
Nathaniel Hall

Oof, even for basic games, you've set yourself a high standard there m8. Even relatively simple games usually have a whole team working on them. Saying "I want to learn to program so I can make a (simple) game" is a bit like saying "i want to learn to drive go racing". You're setting your goals a bit high. If you have absolutely zero prior knowledge in coding, maybe do the Python course on codacedemy, and adjust your aim from "making a game" to "making a small program"
If you have an idea for a small game, or a storyline you want to use for a game, maybe try something like RPGMaker and play around with that.

Wyatt Martinez
Wyatt Martinez

Also see:
youtube.com/watch?v=mvK0UzFNw1Q

Oliver Rodriguez
Oliver Rodriguez

Pale Moon has stopped playing videos.
Whether it be a YouTube video or a webm on Jow Forums, it will not play any video. Just sits there "loading" it forever.
I have changed no settings that could have caused this.

Jonathan Diaz
Jonathan Diaz

What does making my PS2 run in 60hz mode do?

Blake Diaz
Blake Diaz

Restart it.

Anthony Brown
Anthony Brown

What's the difference between VCORE and VID?

I wouldn't mind the CPU consuming just over 0.2v at idle but I'm not sure if the idle voltage is 0.2 or ~0.7?

Attached: vcore.png (67 KB, 624x772)

Caleb Watson
Caleb Watson

VID is what the CPU is reporting.
VCore is what your motherboard VRM is reporting.

David Rivera
David Rivera

I got LTSC running without any problem on a VM.
What is the next step in order to boot it up on my real machine?

Attached: win.png (139 KB, 607x906)

Landon Peterson
Landon Peterson

Thanks m8. How can the discrepancy be so large? Which value is more accurate? Should I say the CPU idles at 0.4 or 0.7V?

Gavin Wilson
Gavin Wilson

if you're presenting a powerpoint presentation, why do you need to upload it anywhere? keep in on your laptop

Chase Richardson
Chase Richardson

I can't drag images from any browser I use to my desktop or folders any more, I have to save it into the folder manually or download it then move it. I used to just be able to drag them and haven't changed anything in my settings. Any idea how to fix this?

Liam Peterson
Liam Peterson

Aren't you supposed to get a new wallpaper with windows 10 every time you lock screen?
It does that on my pc at work and used to here at home, but it has been using the same wallpaper for days now.

Daniel Bennett
Daniel Bennett

I usually ask on the designated thread but I found none this time:

What are some powerful routers? I'm going to move from propietary ISP router to one that gives me ONT + [their router/neutral router] and I wanted some insight on them.
Last router I had was an ASUS RT-AC1200G+ and it used to get KO with a few hundred torrents, so I want to avoid that mostly. Bonus point for Open-WRT and the likes.
I also consider a mini x86 or something like that but time is short.

Austin Wood
Austin Wood

can sisyphus be a happy man?

Attached: Untitled-24-105.jpg (66 KB, 635x476)

Lincoln Johnson
Lincoln Johnson

What's the current method to block spotify ads on the windows desktop app?

Camden Reyes
Camden Reyes

Why is wifi 2.4ghz/N so much slower than 5ghz/AC? I have 70mbps and on 5ghz/AC, I receive all of that however with 2.4ghz/N I get only 30mbps at the most. Even when I am right next to the router?

Attached: 582EB14DC2FA4BBC8C2E943B8BAADF90.gif (1.86 MB, 344x240)

Sebastian Morales
Sebastian Morales

From some git repo: "You just need to somehow block /ad-logic/ and /ads/ from spclient.wg.spotify.com. There are probably many ways to do that."
github.com/wintersim/fiddler-spotify-adblock

But here's my question: What software (beside Fiddler, which is shown in the repo) can do this, since Fiddler is more a tool to inspect traffic and I don't want to keep it open all the time. Best if network wide.

Lincoln Hernandez
Lincoln Hernandez

Op is based shotabro

Attached: hug.gif (1.14 MB, 581x398)

Brayden Miller
Brayden Miller

Do you have lot of other 5g routers close by?

Cooper Robinson
Cooper Robinson

*other 2.4 routers
There might be some interference on the channel you're on.

Landon Cooper
Landon Cooper

I've heard loud grinding is normal for hard drives while reading/writing, but my hard drive was making clicking sounds earlier which I've heard are a sign of HDD failure.
I opened crystaldiskinfo and it said everything is fine but how reliable is it? Is there a way to more thoroughly test my hard drive for problems?

Robert Walker
Robert Walker

youtube.com/watch?v=C07_lVxvva0
loud grinding

Oliver Fisher
Oliver Fisher

No I use a wifi analyzer app already. Im fairly clear and and have good signal. I just think it's the way 2.4ghz works.

Evan Williams
Evan Williams

Because it makes you and posters like seethe.

Ethan Lewis
Ethan Lewis

Can hot swapping audio output devices cause damage? If yes, does it ever not? When?

Connor Moore
Connor Moore

What's a good 1440p monitor with a low refresh rate?

LG 27GL850-B 27"
Dell S2417DG 24"
AOC AGON AG241QX 24"

Are some good ones I've found, but they all seem to have some issues. Any suggestions?

David Sanders
David Sanders

What's a good to do list with cloud sync and a decent UI?

Used wunderlist so far, which was great, but now MS is pushing it's Todo concept and phasing out wunderlist.

Todo has a terrible UI imo, in which it takes me too much effort distinguishing things.

Any recommendations? Non-botnet preferred.

Henry Howard
Henry Howard

How do I stop my CPU and chassis fans from ramping up and down like crazy? I can set a good fan curve in the bios and under sustained load it responds how I expect it to but when just browsing the internet or sitting on the desktop any load at all causes the fans to spike up then down again, its like they respond too quickly to any meaningless change and its driving me crazy, my computer is louder when shitposting then when exporting video or playing hoi4

Sebastian Wilson
Sebastian Wilson

Get a notebook and carry it around with you
I'm serious, GOAT organising method

Thomas Reed
Thomas Reed

Is there any point of learning opengl 3+ if i'm not intersted in creating anything graphicly intence?

Sebastian Smith
Sebastian Smith

I know it's best to keep 10% of your HDD empty, does the same go for SSDs or can you get away with filling those up?

Nicholas Roberts
Nicholas Roberts

you should do the same thing
the issue is logical, not physical

Owen Richardson
Owen Richardson

Try pritating game maker

Ayden Collins
Ayden Collins

You have even more reason to do it on an SSD because of wear levelling.

Isaac Phillips
Isaac Phillips

aite thanks
we're back in blue

Attached: ctgDYkX[1].png (7 KB, 257x52)

Jackson Davis
Jackson Davis

Python, read or watch "automate the boring stuff with python"

Zachary Clark
Zachary Clark

Why are dark themes grey instead of black?

Attached: large-2.jpg (107 KB, 500x602)

Isaac Anderson
Isaac Anderson

Can I use an android phone to receive a BT audio signal?

Attached: 22652639.jpg (9 KB, 480x360)

John Reyes
John Reyes

Is it possible for a VPN that's used for a private LAN, to optimize package routing, so to get a very optimized route and low ping time?

I'm courious about why i got down to 7 ms after a couple of pings.

Scenario: Ubuntu server setup at a school with a open RJ45 port (that probably shouldn't be) running an MC spigot server, with a ZeroTier VPN. The campus has dedicated networks, and a fancy eduroam wifi setup. I live in the dorm area, and is wondering, how i with a wifi connection, get as low as 7ms. I'm no expert, but my thinking goes, that the clients figure out, that they are on an internal network, and is able to establish a direct internal connection?

Attached: ZeroTimePingOptimization.png (93 KB, 673x697)

Asher Morales
Asher Morales

Why use else if instead of another if. Is it just for legibility?

Aaron Collins
Aaron Collins

cookies = 5
apples = 3
if (cookies == 5) nomcookie()
if (apples == 3) biteapple()
will perform both actions whereas
if (cookies == 5) nomcookie()
else if (apples == 3) biteapple()
will only perform the first

Jaxson Ramirez
Jaxson Ramirez

grey looks better

Brandon Rivera
Brandon Rivera

Why will it only preform the first? apples still = 3. Thanks for help by the way user

Hudson Edwards
Hudson Edwards

because that's what else does. as soon as it encounters one of the options that is true, it ignores all the other ELSE operations

hey user, if you have five cookies, you can nom them, otherwise you can bite an apple if you have 3.

obviously you shouldn't use else when the expected behavior is that both actions could be performed in one runthrough

Hudson Green
Hudson Green

Ask //boards.4channel.org/g/catalog#s=fwt

Justin Parker
Justin Parker

Does downloading Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool include May's update 1903 in the build, or do I have to download that separately?

Attached: IMG-20190913-WA0027.jpg (175 KB, 1440x1558)

Luis Hernandez
Luis Hernandez

I saw 5 and thought, what is a bird doing there?

Austin Lee
Austin Lee

Where can I find password dumps?

Luis Green
Luis Green

it's always the latest version.

Elijah Johnson
Elijah Johnson

The problem with those is they can only detect interference from other WiFi access points, but lots of other consumer wireless toys use the same spectrum. Not to mention if you have a defective appliance spouting out RF interference.

Julian Murphy
Julian Murphy

else if has a different meaning to if

if (x > 10)
print("x greater than 10");
else if (x > 5)
print("x greater than 5 but not greater than 10");

if (x > 10)
print("x greater than 10");
if (x > 5)
print("x greater than 5. may or may not be greater than 10");

Mason Cox
Mason Cox

should I use Jow Forums x?
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/Jow Forums-x/
is this the correct link?

Ryan Jones
Ryan Jones

depends if you want features from it that the site doesn't already offer
I stopped using Jow Forums plugins when the main site settings became decent enough to not warrant getting it.

Kevin Richardson
Kevin Richardson

I want to use the better captcha system right? So it's easier to post. I just want to know if this is the correct link.

Josiah Clark
Josiah Clark

IMO it was worse

Henry Watson
Henry Watson

Why does my iMac work in every building except my office?

I moved my iMac from home into my office and it would not turn on at all there. So I took it around the corner to a repair man and it turned on straight away at his shop. He suggested I get a UPS to see if that makes a difference. So I took it back to my office and tried plugging it into a UPS, but it still did not work. The input / output voltage on the UPS display read 245 volts (I am in Australia where the wall sockets should be somewhere in the range of 230-240V). I figured that the voltage must be too high for the iMac, since the power at home (where it works fine) is 230-240V as it should be. So I unplugged the UPS from the wall to run off the battery and the UPS started outputting 230V yet still the iMac wont turn on!

There has to be something wrong with my office building because the iMac works fine everywhere else! Is there anything specific to the iMac power supply that could cause this?

Attached: 51757678-398550977369371-8807047720825202373-n.jpg (80 KB, 700x874)

Isaiah Harris
Isaiah Harris

Does anyone work with nvidia docker?
How are these projects related?
github.com/nvidia/nvidia-container-runtime
github.com/NVIDIA/nvidia-docker

Kayden Rivera
Kayden Rivera

How the fuck do I stop my monitor from going out of range whenever I try to update graphics card drivers? It always fucks up halfway through the installation and I have no idea what to do.

Cameron Gonzalez
Cameron Gonzalez

How long do 4 Chan IP range bans last? I'm fucking tired

Dominic Nelson
Dominic Nelson

is there a difference between formatting an SD card on the PC vs on your phone?

i feel like doing it on the phone is better to have less issues with the phone not accepting the card, but i also feel its way of formatting is less efficient/effective

Anthony Hall
Anthony Hall

I want to install LightTable on arch but when I try to run it it says

(LightTable:13690): Pango-ERROR **: 05:56:09.292: Harfbuzz version too old (1.0.0)
but my harfbuzz version is 2.6.1 and I already tried to recompile

Attached: 1530922638823.gif (2.16 MB, 500x375)

Aiden Moore
Aiden Moore

until you buy Jow Forums gold
if there's a difference, it's a bad thing, formatting should just be resetting to a default state

Bentley Martin
Bentley Martin

until you buy Jow Forums gold
No thank. I'm too poor.
Better keep rolling the IP

Parker Parker
Parker Parker

Ok, im putting together an 'experiment' in compression to present to someone.

for this i'm using waifux2 and magnification 1.0 as the way to take the input and get the output file.
I am using a png conversion of a nef file for the source file.
I just saved one image as 20 quality 0-100 for jpeg conversion
The source file is 12mb, the conversion is 500kb,
the file itself is 6016x4016

now, while the source file is higher quality, its not a 100% perfectly crisp image when zoomed in, I cant really find better and dont have the means to make better, so piss with the cock you got.

now, my point to all this is, the 30% quality image looks better then some of the shit I have that is a smaller pixels size but higher file size... what the actual fuck do people do to these images to make them so fucking bad?

Mason Walker
Mason Walker

but I don't make the headphone generals
It's for performance. If they're all if statements, then it will check every single one of them. If they're else ifs, it will stop once there is a match and skip past the others. It's a good idea to put what you think is the most common case at the top in the first if, so that in the majority of cases the program will just do the first one and and be very efficient.
Not sure. Probably onion sites if I had to guess.
Python

Jaxon Harris
Jaxon Harris

I was using my computer when suddenly everything went black. The fans and lights were still on in the case and a reboot didn't go to POST or make any beeps. I'm assuming either the motherboard or the processor died but I'm not sure how to tell which one it is for sure.

Ryder Torres
Ryder Torres

Or just your PSU died.

Grayson Clark
Grayson Clark

Would the PSU dying still allow the fans to start up as normal? Is there a way to test if it's working correctly?

John Roberts
John Roberts

Yes, since the fans only need 12v from your motherboard to turn on.
CPU dying is really rare, unless you are overclocking and went full retard with the voltage.
Motherboard damage is more likely, but unless you are using a really cheap/shitty one or an AM3+ motherboard without a vcore heatsink then i doubt it died.

Get another PSU from another computer to test it.

Luke Wright
Luke Wright

I think I have one that'll work if I remove the GPU. And nothing weird on the processor, it's about half a year old and was working up until this point without issue. Hopefully it's not the motherboard because replacing it would be a massive pain in the dick but we'll see. Thanks.

Kevin Ramirez
Kevin Ramirez

misc things, mostly cache, more is nice, but really if you are transferring massive files you wont see a benefit, but I know my hdds will sometimes write at 300-600mb for a few seconds then slow down, I do a weekly 40~gb backup from an nvme to an hdd

Oliver Rivera
Oliver Rivera

Which PSU are you using?
Inb4 Corsair or a no name brand

Brody Lewis
Brody Lewis

cheap and good touchpad laptop?

Christopher Wilson
Christopher Wilson

Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX 750W, I'm pretty sure.

Brody Clark
Brody Clark

i need an algorithm which takes a password string and provides a predetermined response string, without the string being stored in code in a manner that can be decrypted without the password string. i assume this is a pretty basic cryptography question. anyone have some terms i can google to get what i need? a

Brody Thompson
Brody Thompson

Any places that show android apps change log?

Matthew Morgan
Matthew Morgan

ccleaner
kek

Jaxon Robinson
Jaxon Robinson

the play store or their github repository.
if they bothered to write one.

Justin Miller
Justin Miller

Can you boot a SATA SSD connected through USB as an OS the same way you can boot Linux OSes through USB? As in, if I installed Windows on a laptop, took out the hard drive, put it in a USB enclosure, connected the enclosure to another PC and booted into that through the BIOS, would that work?

Attached: EDx0ogpXYAAVriC.jpg (131 KB, 799x1200)

Ryan Rogers
Ryan Rogers

No, you need a special windows version for that.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_To_Go

Sebastian Myers
Sebastian Myers

How is NTP secure? I know you can set up your own keys, but if I use a public server, how do I know I am indeed getting the time from *that* server? Google tells me NTP uses a crypto hash (MD5, which isn't secure nowadays), but this doesn't mean the data is authenticated, unless that hash is signed.

Jaxson Myers
Jaxson Myers

So I have an hp envy laptop (15-j192nf)
And I was looking into changing the ram. Apparently, I have one 4gb ram in there but there are two slots.
I looked around a bit and found this
crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/envy-15-j192nf
Anyways,
I was wondering, which ram to get from here
amazon.fr/s?k=8gb ram SODIMM&__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
The laptop has an i7-4700MQ and a GeForce GT 840M.
Should I go for something like this :
amazon.fr/Crucial-CT8G4SFS824A-PC4-19200-260-Pin-Mémoire/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=8gb ram SODIMM&qid=1568476576&s=gateway&sr=8-3
Or should I just stick to a ddr3 like this
amazon.fr/Samsung-1600MHz-ordinateur-portable-sO-dimm/dp/B00ZUI2TJM/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=8gb ram SODIMM&qid=1568476576&s=gateway&sr=8-7

Tyler Murphy
Tyler Murphy

I think the problem was RAM related. I moved around the sticks and then went with only one and it booted after a few iterations. No clue why but thanks for your help.

Leo Reyes
Leo Reyes

DDR3 and DDR4 are not compatible with each other.
You have to use DDR3 if the laptop uses that.

Best would be getting the exact same stick you already have if you intend to keep it, so you can run them in dual channel.

Evan Bailey
Evan Bailey

How reasonable is it to assume that an off-the-shelf Bluray player would have a shuckable SATA-based BDR in it?
I'd love to get into ripping some Bluray movies I've had laying around for years, but the only form of even just watching them is on a dusty old software PS2-gen PS3, and that thing is clunky, hot, and loud.

Josiah Lopez
Josiah Lopez

what's the stupidest question you've seen posted here?

and no freebies

Elijah Allen
Elijah Allen

HAHAHAHAHA

Eli Cooper
Eli Cooper

this one

Eli Gray
Eli Gray

nigger what the fuck are you cackling about

Jonathan Wilson
Jonathan Wilson

BD player
shuckable

Joshua Rivera
Joshua Rivera

no freebies
try not taking the lowest hanging fruit

Blake Morris
Blake Morris

Yeah, I figured as much(regarding ddr4 I mean).
But I kinda wanted to get a better ram kit other than the one already in the laptop. That's why I was asking for recommendations.

Sebastian Mitchell
Sebastian Mitchell

How large of a 1080p monitor can I get before the picture quality starts looking stretched?

Attached: 456845685.jpg (117 KB, 582x532)

Kevin Perez
Kevin Perez

Attached: resolution-chart.jpg (134 KB, 860x587)

Zachary Morgan
Zachary Morgan

24 inches is my personal limit for 1080 on a desk

Do movies really need to be shot so wide, or is it done mostly to sell tickets?

Connor Jones
Connor Jones

Do you know any counter overlay for windows? something that given a duration and a predefined value will display a timer starting from 0.00 reaching the predefined value in the set duration.

Noah Russell
Noah Russell

24 is the most agreed upon answer. My 25 annoys me, but as a secondary it's not really an issue. A lot of people would be bothered by 27 inches.

Dylan Rogers
Dylan Rogers

I have a lot of KDE applications that came preinstalled with the DE that I want to get rid of (Cuttlefish, Discover, Qt Assistant et cetera). Is there anyway to remove these apps without breaking my setup?

Landon Howard
Landon Howard

How do I set my external sd card as the default save location for clover? It only shows the internal memory

Blake Nguyen
Blake Nguyen

How can it write 400 MB/s to the HDD if it is only downloading 60 MB/s?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (277 KB, 2568x1418)

Ayden Williams
Ayden Williams

I dunno, ask someone who knows maybe?

Aaron Cooper
Aaron Cooper

*SSD

Not that it really changes my question.

Jace Cook
Jace Cook

that's just the chink botnet, don't worry about it goy

Liam Peterson
Liam Peterson

It buffered the download in RAM and then started writing.

Bentley Taylor
Bentley Taylor

Does anyone have that link to the Windows 7 .isos? iirc it's a German mirror or at least a German website.

Ryder White
Ryder White

Nobody answer this guy.

Dylan Turner
Dylan Turner

I have two routers on my network
router #1 is the main router connecting to the internet and most devices in the house
(192.168.1.1)
router #2 is a router in my room for my devices, connected via router #1
(192.168.2.1)
I want to port forward my server pc so I can SSH/FTP into it, outside my network at home
I figured it was as simple as port forwarding the device router#2 (192.168.1.100) under router#1 settings, and then port forwarding my server pc (192.168.2.11) under router#2 settings
but that did not work
I tried fucking with DMZ on the second router but didnt manage to get any connection at all with it
What do

Attached: 1567454016535.jpg (131 KB, 816x404)

Jason Diaz
Jason Diaz

Sir, this is a no bully thread. Pls refrain from bully in this thread. Thank.

Jason Walker
Jason Walker

in C when I open a file as rw in fwrite and rb in fread in another file I get different results each time. Im trying to read byte by byte from a file as an int to save space. Am I doing something wrong? Should I use read() and write() instead?

Bentley Ross
Bentley Ross

tfw your computer will randomly power off as if someone just pulled the plug

Why would this happen? I just replaced the PSU last year.

Justin Collins
Justin Collins

I am wanting to get a medium range 5.1 speaker system for my pc and tv which sit next to each other.

How does that work?
hdmi from tv and pc to the receiver and then just switch between them with a remote?

Joseph Lewis
Joseph Lewis

if you can exclusive or a character with your special key say '&', you can get another character and XOR & and your new character you get your original character

Jack Lewis
Jack Lewis

What's the best way to test if my cpu and mobo are failing?

Eli Jones
Eli Jones

no

Connor Wood
Connor Wood

2.4GHz has a lower frequency and a longer wavelength so data travels slower through it

Liam Green
Liam Green

I have an analog 5.1 setup with 2xRCA for stereo with expansion and 3x3.5mm for dedicated 5.1.
My computer is connected to my PC with HDMI, which is then sent over RCA to my 5.1. When I want true surround I output over the 3.5.

For my digital receiver I usually use one input on my TV (with additional RCA and optical connections, ARC is a crapshoot on mine). However, my receiver only accepts 5.1 as Dolby Digital so getting surround out of it from arbitrary sources is a chore.

David Edwards
David Edwards

Flash to a storage media(flash drive, cd) and boot from it

Isaac Ross
Isaac Ross

L2TP or openvpn

Austin Mitchell
Austin Mitchell

wow dude, Im not gonna lie, I am just starting to get some money to spend on nice things so I have no idea what you just said.

Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson

You're going to have a bad time, avoid surround.

Thomas Rogers
Thomas Rogers

I'm trying to learn before I buy.

Nathan Cruz
Nathan Cruz

I wanna suck his little cute shota penis!!!

Nathaniel King
Nathaniel King

Best SSD tool to check remaining life and for bad sectors?

Adam Lewis
Adam Lewis

For true easy mode just get a good soundbar with subwoofer.

My message decoded turns into "I pass all my audio through my TV then a couple varying connections between my TV and receivers."
If your TV has RCA (the red and white plugs) you can get all input out as stereo.
If Optical/Toslink (the meme one), you can passthrough Dolby Digital (the original one).
If your TV and receiver have ARC support (audio return channel) you have more options.

For the least headache on this route it'd be best to get a receiver that supports raw multichannel PCM so you're not bound to codec support.

Michael Rodriguez
Michael Rodriguez

That's the point of being lower frequency. Lower frequency means the theoretical transfer rate is lower.

Jayden Price
Jayden Price

what does defragging do exactly?

Nathan Cox
Nathan Cox

My wifi card doesn't support the 802.11AC protocol. Does this throttle my connection in some way or am I only missing out if my home's wifi has a lot of bandwidth? If so, beyond which bandwidth should I get a better wifi card?
Bear in mind that upgrading it is possible but very complex.

octoperf.com/blog/2018/11/07/thinkpad-t440p-buyers-guide/

Luke Reed
Luke Reed

relocates pieces of a file to be continuous for reading back later.
the performance gained is from not having stop and look elsewhere for the next "piece" of a file since all the pieces are together.

over time it's unavoidable based on the storage medium, while some are immune in a sense like ssds/flash storage.

Connor Morgan
Connor Morgan

Ah, a fellow intelligent I see

Attached: qwe-download.jpg (74 KB, 1024x595)

Alexander Myers
Alexander Myers

Intelligent is an adjective, not a noun. Fucking brainlets should be gelded.

Nolan Lewis
Nolan Lewis

just physical location right? Its not going to restructure the file directory?

Isaiah Lewis
Isaiah Lewis

yes just the location on the disk itself. the files are maintained hopefully by your file system i.e. ntfs's journal which keeps track of your files and locations.

Connor Scott
Connor Scott

This thread is for stupid questions, not responses

Attached: qwe-download.jpg (138 KB, 2048x1856)

Noah Morgan
Noah Morgan

bump
How do I port forward through two routers
pls halp

Julian Davis
Julian Davis

It's literally correct. Higher carrier frequency means the baudrate is higher. Stay brainlet, brainlet.

Luke Kelly
Luke Kelly

So are we going to lose the moon one day?

Attached: 1F2eNPM[2].jpg (78 KB, 1309x755)

Isaac Howard
Isaac Howard

Dunno if this is the best place to post this, but on Kuroba when I open an image I have to tap it twice to dismiss it. Old Clover would just tap once to open (again to fully load on mobile data, but I disabled this) and once to dismiss it. Is it a setting I have to change?

Jayden Clark
Jayden Clark

It's been posted multiple times in this thread that lower frequency higher wavelength. Autistic piece of shit

Attached: bigword.jpg (38 KB, 500x665)

Jaxson Scott
Jaxson Scott

soshi.manuth.life/data/soshi/pictures/

What is this kind of file server called? I'd like to set up one of my own like it.

Jason Cox
Jason Cox

People still think the best shota/loli OS is anything but windows XP/Vista/7
It's what you used when you were a shota, user

Levi Lee
Levi Lee

Is there a Gentoo/Funtoo or something like NixOS with Runit init system?

Attached: IMG-20190914-161218.jpg (3.2 MB, 3036x4048)

Julian Adams
Julian Adams

Nginx, put a folder in it with no index

Joseph Ramirez
Joseph Ramirez

Thanks! Can i do something similar on apache out of the box?

Charles Myers
Charles Myers

yep

Christian Wilson
Christian Wilson

I don't know if it's the images messing with my perception, but that noctua box looks like it's 0.5 meters.

Caleb Lopez
Caleb Lopez

.htaccess
<Directory /pictures>
Satisfy Any
Allow from all
</Directory>

Would this be the right way on Apache?

Gavin Cox
Gavin Cox

How common is it for power banks to inflate and explode due to use in extreme heat? Basically, I want one to explode on my person so I can get out of work. I don't even care about claiming worker's comp.

Leo Gray
Leo Gray

Don't even need that. If you are new just make a new directory

Adrian Hughes
Adrian Hughes

Most likely it would catch on fire and melt. It dosn't just inflate randomly

Jaxson Smith
Jaxson Smith

It's not that big, user.

Attached: IMG-20190914-211903.jpg (2.89 MB, 4048x3036)

Austin Sullivan
Austin Sullivan

Abend Bernd

Jordan Green
Jordan Green

that site doesnt have working links anymore, use a torrent or the eye (pcsteps one always works)

Isaiah Bennett
Isaiah Bennett

Gleichfalls.

Alexander Nelson
Alexander Nelson

Damn. Is there a way to make them catch fire without opening them up? I'm on camera when I'm outside and using them. I really don't care about the potential disfigurement it might cause.

Isaiah Mitchell
Isaiah Mitchell

take apart
put a battery and a wire connecting it to itself in it
close it back up
free money

Blake Clark
Blake Clark

Any recommended virtual machine for windows that doesn't spy?

Oliver Gray
Oliver Gray

Figured it out. Thanks for the help!

Liam Wood
Liam Wood

You likely know why this is an oxymoron, anyway look into qemu.

Owen Ramirez
Owen Ramirez

No. Any VM is being run inside of windows, through windows. You should just install on your computer

Tyler Mitchell
Tyler Mitchell

Thanks amigo I didn't know it was no longer working. Do you know if the toolkit or Wndows Loader still works to activate it?
Or am I better off just upgrading to something like 8.1 given that 7 is only going to supported until the end of the year? What's the kind that only gets given critical updates and lasts almost indefinitely, The kind they use for certain things where upgrading the entire OS isn't really practical, I think they use them in ATMs and the like. How do I get one of those? I'm fucking sick of being a brainlet ;____;

Austin Kelly
Austin Kelly

yes daz loader still works
other than 7 i like 8.1 embedded industry pro, it is identical to 8.1 without some bloat, or you could use WES7 if you want to customise components to the max, or use POSReady 7 which is WES7 without the customising bit, or you can have Thin PC if your machine is old (also a WES7 image) but it only only supports 32-bit
imo try 8.1 embedded industry pro

Jonathan Cox
Jonathan Cox

if your machine is old

Really it's the opposite problem, Windows 7 isn't supported by AMD so you have to use a workaround to install it (I'm not sure if I was talking to you last night in the other thread, I'm the arsehole currently using Ubuntu). It's part of the reason I was just thinking about bypassing 7 and going to 8.1 because I believe you don't have to do the same workaround for 8.1 as you do for 7. Having said that, I've never used 8.1, but I think it's similar to W10 and it's stupid fucking enlarged "smart phone app" tier format. If it isn't, or I can use a skin on it, then I'll just go for that.
Can I just get 8.1 embedded industry pro from pcsteps or somewhere and then use daz loader or will it have to be done a different way that I'm not sure of? Torrents I can't do because I'm using a distro that I can't yet install so I have to just run it and everything obviously reverts back to normal the next time I boot up. Not that I would know how to do it with Ubuntu anyway desu.
Thanks for your help.

Angel Lee
Angel Lee

Evidence of tampering might be too obvious if they look into it. How about inducing an iPad to explode? Those things overheat on us all the time. It'd suck as finger/hand injuries are worse than thigh/leg injuries but I'll take what I can get.

Carter Gomez
Carter Gomez

Is it true that it's harder to predict when SSDs will fail?

Aiden Jenkins
Aiden Jenkins

smart phone app format
Classic shell makes 8.1 and 10 more like traditional windows with start menu and file explorer

Benjamin Russell
Benjamin Russell

Classic shell makes 8.1 and 10 more like traditional windows with start menu and file explorer

100% based. Thanks.

Wyatt Johnson
Wyatt Johnson

Disregard my post. Got my answer from:

Cooper Kelly
Cooper Kelly

Is there some sort of software for me to just write down information as I like? Note-taking is the term I guess, or maybe scrapbooking, it seems. Obviously, it has to have more features than just writing text down, like ways to relate different subjects and information and shit.

Attached: 98c56e6895fed113e102f072a6985d91-imagejpeg.jpg (72 KB, 720x960)

Lincoln Jackson
Lincoln Jackson

Why is the sticky changed

Attached: 1517145884746.png (290 KB, 444x640)

Carter Adams
Carter Adams

g400s finally died after years of service, the scroll wheel is starting to give out. what's a good upgrade to a similar shaped mouse?

Hunter Wood
Hunter Wood

Are there any good music-playing alternatives to iTunes that will let me import my library and playlists? I have like 140 playlists in iTunes that I don't want to manually put back together in a new program, which has kept me from trying anything new for years.

Leo Garcia
Leo Garcia

intel removing legacy driver downloads
have to use shady shits now
WHY

Leo Ward
Leo Ward

I've been using my USB flash drive with my phone via OTG. Today it has stopped being recognised by any device.

It is SOMETIMES recognised by my Windows machine, although it's unable to be explored and right-clicking freezes Explorer. I tried with Ubuntu, and fdisk takes a LONG time to complete, and doesn't list the flash drive. GParted also takes a long time scanning drives and doesn't list it

What are my options? Is it completely fucked?

Alexander Nelson
Alexander Nelson

Ok, I have 2 questions:
1. Can I use my integrated GPU to run something in parallel with my dedicated one? Either by helping it process stuff or using it to do anything else.
2. Can I somehow manage to avoid UAC in Windows 7? The scenario is the following:
1 USB port
no access to the BIOS settings
no admin password
I want to bypass it so I can create a new admin account on a computer at school. Thanks in advance, Jow Forumsentlemen.

Adrian Wright
Adrian Wright

What’s a good program for mkv to mp4 were you can also edit the aspect ratio and keep the HD?

PLEASE HELP

Attached: A9F23318-B131-481D-9C12-54B9BCB964CA.jpg (31 KB, 696x307)

Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones

This is probably going to get buried with the Other Things On The Board but

If I booted into BIOS without a hard drive connected, then connected a SATA SSD through a SATA data cable while it was still in BIOS or Boot Manager (or even a Windows recovery USB), would that work or would the whole machine go kaputt?

Gabriel King
Gabriel King

perhaps wrong place to ask :)

tried to add a headphone jack to a toy keyboard. the jack has a "normal" connection meaning that when nothing is plugged, the normal and "out" are connected, otherwise the in goes to the tip and out is the sleeve.

what happens is that the keyboard is silent UNLESS i insert a wire and bridge the tip and sleeve on the other end. if i plug in a head phone, the speaker is outputting sound but quietly.

could the jack be broken (short circuit somewhere)? or could this be messing with the rest of the board somewhat?

doesn't matter if i open or close the gate before the jack (meant to put resistors there bc the output is 9v).

Attached: file.png (3 KB, 541x142)

Ryan Robinson
Ryan Robinson

HandBrake?

Oliver Reyes
Oliver Reyes

ffmpeg, handbrake, if you're a retard; Adobe Premiere

Brandon Bennett
Brandon Bennett

no to both in my experience. ie, it will still say nothing is connected and thats that.
i have however destroyed harddrives by hotplugging them, but that was ide and i was a kid

Gabriel Robinson
Gabriel Robinson

This might be what you're looking for.
github.com/danielmagnussons/orgmode

Henry Price
Henry Price

Meant to reply to

Parker Cruz
Parker Cruz

Where can I get a phone number online to verify an account? I don't want to give the place my real number, and the first google searches are detected as fake.

Eli Thomas
Eli Thomas

I ordered food online and they charged my card twice
who do I call to fix this

Nicholas Gutierrez
Nicholas Gutierrez

crypton.sh/
it's paid but if every other free one is gone then it's your best bet

Daniel Lee
Daniel Lee

A lot of sites have cracked down on that now. Normally it'll depend on the site, but a lot of them will only allow one verification per number, whereas some you use the number endlessly, and others not at all.
SMSpuppy used to work great. Maybe you could try getting an app? A lot of them do, or did, offer the first number free for X amount of time and then you had to buy like another 10 or something. I'm not really Mr Current Affairs on phones though so that might have all changed now.
There used to be a couple of sites where you could send an SMS from and you were given a temporary online number for replies (I think they lasted about an hour). Generally the number didn't show up on the screen and you had to text someone (or yourself) to see what the number was. I'm not absolutely certain they were +1 numbers or anything though because I never used them for verification.

Michael Miller
Michael Miller

I spilled coke on my Corsair K70 RGB (the mk1) and despite cleaning a couple of the switches are still sticky. I tried dabbing pure alcohol into them and then tapping them repeatedly, that improved the situation but some of the switches still feel different and can be slightly sticky.

I disassembled it as much as I could but it's not possible to separate the PCB, top plate and keyswitches without desoldering them.

Is there something better than pure alcohol to put inside the switches which will get rid of any stickiness?
Or any other cleaning advice?

I love this keyboard and hate the legend on the K70 RGB mk2 so don't want to switch

Attached: Samus-morphball-cosplay.jpg (51 KB, 532x799)

Logan Edwards
Logan Edwards

I work for a bank

Call the merchant & ask them for a refund, if that doesn't work your card provider can initiate a refund from their side but you'll have to provide an invoice for the order.
If it's an obvious mistake (i.e. they took the exact same amount of money twice in quick succession) then it should be a smooth process, it can just take a while.

Michael Hernandez
Michael Hernandez

Call the merchant & ask them to shut it down

ftfy

Leo Lewis
Leo Lewis

Go to your local hardware store and buy some contact cleaner (make sure that it is safe for plastic). This stuff seems to always work better than just alcohol in these situations for me.

Carson Bennett
Carson Bennett

lewd!
Void I guess. That does allow you to compile your own packages with a dedicated package manager for that, much like *too
what do you mean?
Why would you need to install Intel drivers? They should be in-kernel.

Kayden Gray
Kayden Gray

In university and started my programming course, we're doing python and i have zero experience with that shit, been stuck doing c# for the past 2 years.

Will i be able to transition smoothly to another language?

Attached: 1556812491354.jpg (108 KB, 800x800)

Anthony Rivera
Anthony Rivera

python is made for brainlets so you should have no difficulty picking it up
c# skills are also pretty universal

Chase Perez
Chase Perez

If it's an obvious mistake (i.e. they took the exact same amount of money twice in quick succession)
yeah thats what happened. thanks for explaining

Michael Diaz
Michael Diaz

What's a good archive manager for Linux that can output .cbz and offers a good CLI? I'm currently using file-roller, but its CLI behaves rather weird.

Landon Wilson
Landon Wilson

My ~18 month old WD Blue HDD gave me an I/O Error.
I couldnt'e access it in File Explorer, so I restarted my computer. After the restart, I was prompted to re-initialize it in diskmgmt.msc, as if it were a newly installed drive.
After another restart, all the data seems to be accessible. Here is the CrystalDiskInfo sheet.
I've only used this HDD for mass storage/archiving.
Should I backup the data and replace this HDD?

Attached: Capture.png (83 KB, 677x573)

Alexander Wood
Alexander Wood

get a warranty replacement
always have backups

Lincoln Cruz
Lincoln Cruz

I've put together my first build with a 3600 and a 5700.
But I can't ever wake the computer after putting it to sleep. I press a key on the keyboard or the power button and every fan starts working, but there's no signal on the monitor and few seconds later my ps2 keyboard and my mouse turn off while the computer is still on. What the fuck is going on?
(Tried to install Ubuntu to check out if it was a classic windows 10 problem, but Ubuntu 19 doesn't boot at all it gets stuck loading the live iso.)

Dominic Carter
Dominic Carter

Is $250 a good deal for a used ASUS U30J on craigslist?

Attached: image0.jpg (35 KB, 483x468)

Hunter Perry
Hunter Perry

Which raspberry pi should I go with for pihole, influxdb and grafana for two servers and a couple of devices? I might expand on influxdb and grafana slightly. Will the 3b+ be enough or do I need the Pi4?

Benjamin Murphy
Benjamin Murphy

get a warranty replacement
I'm not sure I want to trust WD with my personal data, and I'm not sure I want to replace it with the exact HDD model.
Should I get some enterprise HDD's and store my data on them?

Grayson Bennett
Grayson Bennett

What's an alternative to regex's lookbehind? It doesn't work on firefox
/(?<!x)y/ig
ay by xy

Wyatt Torres
Wyatt Torres

When I paste a picture from my clipboard to post it here it's renamed to file.jpg
is there a way to paste with the original filename?

Jonathan Powell
Jonathan Powell

What's a good program for monitoring pc temps on windows? Speccy is pozzed, I used to use rainmeter, but I don't want that shit anymore.

Daniel Diaz
Daniel Diaz

Can anyone recommend a current laptop at, around, or under $700 that can do the following?

1920x1080 screen
usb 3 ports and (at least one) usb c port that has functionality for a dock
dual channel ram
nvme ssd
the ability to replace ram and ssd
keyboard has a numpad
audio is decent
webcam/mic is decent

Attached: 1436835475067.jpg (91 KB, 1024x1448)

Josiah Cox
Josiah Cox

What does it mean in Linux when you use a command to start something, and absolutely nothing happens? Like i'll do ./retroarch and nothing pops up, and in the terminal there is no error message whatsoever. what does that mean generally?

Benjamin Watson
Benjamin Watson

try HWinfo64

Julian Sullivan
Julian Sullivan

Am I banned?

Liam Phillips
Liam Phillips

Does anyone have an up-to-date Jow Forums mouse tier list

or what's the modern day equivalent to the G400?

Wyatt Scott
Wyatt Scott

That is nice.
Here is a stupid question I wanted to ask.

I have a failing HDD. Seagate something 320 GB 2.5 inch SATA drive.
So, Windows will boot normally, but will crash at some point and drive would disappear in BIOS, though it will keep spinning.
I tried copying data I can access by booting into Xubuntu and transferring all data over Samba. But it didn't work out that well. Out of 20-ish GB of information I only got 1 GB aprox. This is not good.
What can I do to get even more data out of the drive? DD entire hard drive somewhere?

Eli Moore
Eli Moore

Thanks friend

Carter Cruz
Carter Cruz

does anyone use IRC? can you get malware from it really easily? how should I go about it?

Benjamin Jones
Benjamin Jones

How do you tell if a UPS is online or not? Looking for a ~$100 UPS

Aaron Taylor
Aaron Taylor

best android Jow Forums app??????

with link please if not on play store

Carson Miller
Carson Miller

Friendly reminder to not spoon-feed retards.

Nathaniel Powell
Nathaniel Powell

Regular SATA cable or right-angled SATA cable? Seems to me right-angled would look/fit better in a standard ATX case layout.

Lucas Anderson
Lucas Anderson

i have a machine i want to use to run several services on. should i rather go with a VM solution or Docker?

Alexander Moore
Alexander Moore

friendly reminder people can be bad at certain things and really good at other things

fucking bitch i can fuck u up

Attached: IMG-7557.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448)

Lucas Diaz
Lucas Diaz

manlet trying to mog people on Jow Forums

the absolute state

Elijah Gutierrez
Elijah Gutierrez

Any adv?

Carter Young
Carter Young

Anyone done a fresh windows 10 install recently within the last few days? Are you able to make Steam game shortcuts (right click on game in library > create shortcut). Or do you get an error that there already is a shortcut.

Caleb Cook
Caleb Cook

. is the current folder, ./retroarch is looking for an executable

if you installed via your package manage just run retroarch directly, otherwise make sure it's marked as executable chmod +x ./retroarch

Ian Ward
Ian Ward

I took out my laptop hard drive and have it connected via a usb3 to SATA cable. I can't boot from it though. I had tried to use clonezilla to copy the older smaller drive while it was installed to a newer larger drive, but clonezilla and windows don't recognise the new drive at all anymore after the cloning

Aaron Rivera
Aaron Rivera

I have an old hard drive that I suspect has some files I would like to access again. Any windows 10 tools to recover deleted files? (simple shift + del, no safe deltion, override nonsense)

Owen Powell
Owen Powell

Is there an easy way to see if any of the forked repos are any commits ahead of the forked repo?
Using github

Blake Brooks
Blake Brooks

In Super Mario, when you hit the coin blocks, does it always contain a set amount of coins? Or is there a short timer so it's best to spam the jump button?

Attached: 1568296649866.jpg (112 KB, 652x720)

Jackson Rogers
Jackson Rogers

So. Once drive is hot, it stops booting no matter what.
But it starts working if I clean up contacts with IPA.
Will freezing drive in fridge fix its problems?

Benjamin Cox
Benjamin Cox

Jow Forums X has a function to post from a url, might be more what you're looking for. If you're copying and pasting from your local machine instead of drag and drop I don't know what to tell you.

Go to a channel. Install an up to date client, don't use Windows if you fear malware but you're unlikely to get it from IRC anyways. Unless you're downloading files from sketchy people.

github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba
Install from GitHub, it will self update

Cameron Jenkins
Cameron Jenkins

what cable type do i use to connect router to router

Christian Bell
Christian Bell

I did some quick research and went with an Edgerouter X. Doesn't do OpenWRT but Ubiquiti's own proprietary software which is apparently quite good. Haven't installed it yet, can report back in a couple weeks when I've tested it.

Christian Butler
Christian Butler

mother fuckin' ethernet cable dum dum, nothing else fits.

Robert Scott
Robert Scott

what wiring type of ethernet cable do i use to connect router to router

Justin Murphy
Justin Murphy

Depends how fast the router is. Nobody ever got fired for using CAT-6

Kayden Perry
Kayden Perry

I don’t know. But I sure do want to kiss them.

Jonathan Fisher
Jonathan Fisher

What's a good cookie manager addon for firefox? Really, I just need whitelisting functionality.

Kevin Price
Kevin Price

I got a chrome os tablet for dirt cheap that I was going to use to take notes in class.

What are some cool things that I can do with a chrome os device? I know I can install Linux packages and dual boot a distro. Can I some how degoogle it and just install a lightweight distro on it?

Joshua Allen
Joshua Allen

whitelisting
Listen pal, you'll have a lot more luck if you drop the racialized terminology. We call it Allowlisting now.

Jaxon Watson
Jaxon Watson

Stop posting in homosexual pedophile threads

Isaiah Ward
Isaiah Ward

Can the next /sqt/ have a normal pic and not dumb anime shit?

Oliver Bell
Oliver Bell

Isn't this supposed to improve load times for games? Not seeing much of a difference. O.S. boots up crazy fast though.

Attached: 81ABwgAl-gL.-SL1500-.jpg (121 KB, 1500x1000)

John Mitchell
John Mitchell

FYI The download link of Windows 10 LTSC on cloud.mail.ru is dead.

but I don't make the headphone generals
In that case congratulate yourself for creating a trend in Jow Forums.

Attached: 1547752210145.jpg (43 KB, 500x375)

Ryder Hughes
Ryder Hughes

i have a seedbox that i can ssh into running arch that has stupid-fast internet speed, but it only has like 5GB of drive space on it

how do I get my linux laptop here at home to use this server as a "proxy" with something like aria2c?

I tried to setup an ssh socks proxy and use proxy chains but i keep getting a bunch of "connection refused" and i get stuck at 0%

how can I use it to proxy

Attached: tumblr-pm7uogkHwR1qbytw2o1-540.gif (2.91 MB, 540x290)

Brandon Collins
Brandon Collins

how can i use it as a proxy for torrenting in particular**

Henry Carter
Henry Carter

window sometimes snaps to monitor borders and sometimes doesn't
explain this shit? (Win 7)

Jordan Martinez
Jordan Martinez

NAND
games

Attached: 1444462589001.png (181 KB, 303x311)

Juan King
Juan King

This thread is stupid questions, buddy.
Now, explain, please.

William Gomez
William Gomez

how do I remove threads in clover that have an empty subject line?
I tried hiding posts that have "/^$/" as subject but it doesn't work

Justin Stewart
Justin Stewart

I need to render my PP presentation to a movie
No, you do not. This is the correct answer.

Nicholas Perry
Nicholas Perry

Drag to the desktop then click where you're dragging it. This happened to me too.

Brandon Flores
Brandon Flores

pay for 100mb
get this
I called the provider and they said that for them I'm receiving everything.
How is this even possible?

Attached: unknown.png (11 KB, 467x90)

Jaxon Miller
Jaxon Miller

that the site doesn't already offer
Galleries and faster updating (stock Jow Forums throttles it now). Downloading images with the original filename. Embedding media that isn't YT or SoundCloud. Autism-tier filtering.

Jaxson Baker
Jaxson Baker

Trying to set up Chrome Remote Desktop on my Win7 computer.

I get to this screen, hit accept and install, and it downloads chromeremotedesktophost.msi. But when I click on the file, it doesn't know what program to use to open it. I think it's supposed to just open it with windows installer but I can't figure out how to force that to open it. Any ideas?

Attached: pic.png (256 KB, 1277x646)

Liam Morgan
Liam Morgan

conserving disk space
KDE
choose one

Christopher Price
Christopher Price

Moonbase Alpha, a nuclear waste dump, had a nuclear explosion which generated the thrust to take it out of Earth orbit. It didn't make any more sense then than it does now.

Ethan Young
Ethan Young

Get all the data off it the next time it's recognized. Don't bother with your phone. As soon as it's backed up reformat and bin the fucker, it's dead.

Aiden Gomez
Aiden Gomez

The usage of the word extension here is confusing me, does that mean I can't use the cables to connect them directly from my PSU to the components? I need to connect them into cables coming from the PSU?

Attached: ss.png (249 KB, 1170x483)

Adam Harris
Adam Harris

that can output .cbz
cbz and cbr are literally just zip and rar with the extension changed

Isaac Barnes
Isaac Barnes

Toshiba is a good alternative.

Jaxon Miller
Jaxon Miller

My ISP catches me pirating stuff. I want to pirate stuff. Whats the best way? I hate doing direct download. I need automation.

Seedbox? But then I have to transfer via FTP or whatever which is slow. idk Pllease help

Aaron Butler
Aaron Butler

can you make the desktop threads too?

Ian Sullivan
Ian Sullivan

Get a VPN, user

Nathaniel Davis
Nathaniel Davis

doesn't work outside V8
Despite being the spec for ES6 since 2016. No non-chromium based browser supports it yet and there's no polyfill for it
stackoverflow.com/questions/641407/javascript-negative-lookbehind-equivalent

Wyatt Lewis
Wyatt Lewis

I certainly notice a difference after switching, although that may be because I went from HDD to Gen 4 NVME SSD.

Cooper Howard
Cooper Howard

//boards.4channel.org/v/

Charles Brooks
Charles Brooks

Autopsy is very good in my experience. And it's Free Software!

Lucas Parker
Lucas Parker

I dunno, user. I don't see much of a difference, However, it does boot the OS super fast, so I guess there's that. Maybe it just depends on the game?

William Russell
William Russell

Next thread:

Landon Kelly
Landon Kelly

nvm, figured that out.
Blow torch for the rescue, just to be sure nobody can recover data once I dispose the drive.

James Butler
James Butler

set number

Bentley Cruz
Bentley Cruz

try shadowsocks

Josiah Brown
Josiah Brown

does that mean I can't use the cables to connect them directly from my PSU to the components?
that's right, they're clearly female to male (extensions)
remember: modular psus aren't standard, so you will want to make sure what you get is for your psu model specifically

Aaron Morris
Aaron Morris

How much virtual memory should i allocate? Ive got 16 GB of ram and dont use this computer for anything too intense.

Ryder Stewart
Ryder Stewart

learn python for 6 months to get the basics of programming
learn godot game engine

Christian Morris
Christian Morris

virtual memory
For what?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit