Why are usbs so annoying to use

you use a USB once and then its like you have to re-format your entire system and search around for the right utility to make your USB work again and not return an error. wtf? why is it so difficult?

Attached: kingston_dt100g3_16gb_16gb_data_traveler_100_1366294916000_964342.jpg (2000x2000, 170K)

You the what?

Attached: th.jpg (474x632, 54K)

i like to play around with different OS's. by the time I download like two of them my USB is fried and I have to go through an annoying process of restoring it with some weird program, just so it has the data storage it is supposed to have. like for instance i installed linux mint on it like 4 OS's ago but that is still how its name and my current OS doesnt even let me do anything wiith it. wtf. its a fucking storage stick why is it so hard to use? i just want to put ISOs on it and thats it but its like fucking pulling teeth and malfunctions with everything

Are you on windows by chance? Fuck the default partition manager is bad. Anywhere else just dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/yourusb then fdisk /dev/yourusb

>by the time I download like two of them my USB is fried and I have to go through an annoying process of restoring it with some weird program, just so it has the data storage it is supposed to have.
What the fuck? You're using it wrong. I don't think anybody has this issue. Stop using whatever garbage software you're using.
>just want to put ISOs on it
MintStick and Etcher will work just fine. They wipe the whole USB when they burn an ISO so you will not have "missing storage", whatever that means.
If you keep having issues upload a video of this and someone will probably tell you what you're doing wrong.

Happened to me with this exact usb, could have been the 32 gb though

Threw it in the trash, gparted couldn't format it

You're a fucking idiot and you don't understand how drive partitions work

Also like other user said built in Windows partition manager sucks

op is retarded guys, be nice

Had the same shit with the exact same USB. Its just a trash drive.

What you are referring to as a USB is in fact a flash/pen/thumb/diskette/floppy/pin drive.

>100 G"3"
>16 G"B"
That was 100% intended to mislead customers into buying a "cheap 100GB stick"

Fucking jews.

If such a 'trick' works then they deserve it.

use DISKPART on windows or dd on linux, works everytime, what's your problem?

>ITT: guy buys busted ass chink usbs off ebay
>they fucking destroy themselves on first use like chinkshit does
>anons use this as an excuse to knock windows
>even though op makes clear in 3rd post he's using linux obv
This is not how the west was 1%.

Everything is difficult when you're a retarded idiot.

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

No shit, Sherlock...

>Stop using whatever garbage software you're using.
i have generally only used software recommended by websites. the ubuntu website recommended rufus so i used that, mint website recommended etcher so i used that. i also used unetbootin on linux because thats the most popular. a lot of times i am forced to go deep into my system and reformat the USB because the system will no longer even let me select it to look at its contents. like just right clicking and pressing "format" is usually useless, i have to do something heavier. why is it like that? its a USB, what makes it so hard for the system to understand i just want to look at it and remove the OS on it?

also they're too damn small so I always lose them

Is Etcher really the best one to use?

Fuck you pretty boy. It's the best and easiest thing in the world. YOU INVENT SOMETHING

You need to improve your short term memory.

I got as tiny a 64GB flash drive as possible so that I can always have it in my pocket without feeling it or it taking up space and have never lost it. I do need to keep a tiny usb hub handy at work though since the computer's usb ports are deeply inset making it hard to pull out on it's own.

forgot pic

Attached: flashdrive-tiny.jpg (800x800, 91K)

> I have to go through an annoying process of restoring it with some weird program, just so it has the data storage it is supposed to have.

If I'm on Windows I only need BOOT ICE to be fair it's an Asian program which hasn't seen updates in FOREVER but it's THE most powerful Windows external storage tool. But all you really need is to re-create the partition table.
The problem you have sounds like a Windows since it's scope of partitioning options are very limited. On Linux I have yet to see an external drive that can't be restored to its full size via parted/gparted

Rufus is just hands down the best tool to use. I have a Windows 19 VM through VirtualBox just to create boot USBs with Rufus.

Though if you have to make a bootable USB in Linux you should do it manually through terminal

Y'all niggerlovers talking about big binary carriers?

have you tried buying usb drives that aren't chinese fakes? Your 10TB one is only 256MB...

just dd if=your.iso of=/dev/sdX

it's really not that hard

>claims someone else needs to work on their memory
>forgets pic

nice.

My mind queues memory by importance. Losing your flash drive can be catastrophic Forgetting to post a pic on 4channel, not as much. The job got requeued.

>My mind queues memory by importance
>The job got requeued.

now that's turbo-autism

Ya but does it even make it bootable?

for properly made isos, windows is still fucky.

lurk moar

just format it with diskpart

Maybe you should safely remove/eject/unmount it before yanking it.

>My mind queue
ffs at least use a heap