Imagine Thinking Years of Experience Means Shit in 2008 + 11

Attached: lol.png (719x104, 13K)

I doubt many software engineers could develop anything with a lifetime of experience. There's usually a reason your on some ELSE'S payroll.

because the economy is a meme and all the low hanging fruit is taken?

Whatever you tell yourself to get through the work day, code monkey

so what's your business?

Sucking dicks

professional NEET, that's my business. wage cuckery is slavery and I'd rather leech off of taxpayers

>leech off of taxpayers
That won't last much longer.

this isn't me:
this is me:

Quit larping, there are only two people here.

>5 posters

I'm an embedded developer.
So sure, I could do the functional parts of Discord, but I'm no good at making pretty UIs, so I probably couldn't make a Discord clone either.

Unless someone wants a CLI Discord alternative.

A lot of people legitimately can't do anything without being told what to do, but once told can do it in no time.

But there are some people who don't have any skills that will just get something done no matter how shitty and hacky the quality is as long as they reach their goal. The latter become leads and principle staff once they grow, the former remain well paid monkeys.

sounds like a Jow Forumsentooman's wet dream desu. if you're serious I wouldn't mind doing templates for the ui

dude how do you even not know what to do. i'm not even a programmer (work in a completely different industry) but once i learn i have a list with over 200 entries on what i want to build

he says
>in short order
Discord has a lot of functionality. the rest of the post is probably advising a newbie on how much time/people it takes to create large-scale, polished projects.

>it takes time to polish a turd
sort of right

because once you get past peak delusion, you realize that while you may capable of doing something, the time required is more than you expected.

Attached: l63o08ndc4q01.jpg (880x701, 89K)

what would be the difference between that and irc?

The two biggest issues are time to market and capital.

Many softies could write discord after years of fucking around with it and learning about all the necessary parts (Discord isn't even that complicated though, bad example). In the meantime someone with money (or who was given risk capital) has hired a bunch of indians, rented servers and released the same piece of software you are writing in 6 months. You're out, your software will never gain traction, you are basically cucked. And don't believe for a second your idea is original and that nobody could ever come up with the same thing.

it's designed for gaymers

making bullshit software no one needs leveraged off of the infinitely printing toilet paper banks hand out at piss interest while charging idiots like you who dont know where in negative interest rate bizarro world get charged account fees for not having enough money

Imagine thinking you have 30 years of experience and not 1 year of experience 30 times.