Arch Linux or FreeBSD for desktop use?

Arch Linux or FreeBSD for desktop use?
I’m a college student.

Attached: DDD8F11B-6FA8-49E5-919A-99498AFABBDE.jpg (722x625, 67K)

Windows.

Attached: 1432591126550.gif (200x200, 1.86M)

No

i don't recommend using any BSD for desktop use. Linux has better driver support

Yes.

Attached: Edward Elric.jpg (2048x1536, 293K)

They're the same fucking thing. Arch if you want to rice more.

I have a thinkpad so i’m Gucci with either

You're in college. Do you want to spend the small amount of free time you have doing dumb shit on your computer?
Why do you want arch to begin with?

>Do you want to spend the small amount of free time you have doing dumb shit on your computer?
Yes
I want to install everything myself on my computer so that’s why I’m considering arch or FreeBSD

If you're only getting linux because it's free just get windows and pirate it

Never used Windows (consistently at least) before I’m a transitioning macfag because I don’t want to buy the shit Tim Apple shits out of his AIDS infested glory hole

Do a debian net install then, it's stable and won't break on you the night before your paper is due.

mint

Devuan

Cringe

Based

Arch. If you're CS then you may take a system programming course, which will be Linux system programming, which is not BSD.

Go for Ubuntu or Debian and ignore the autists. I made the same error when I was in my first college year and used Arch, don't. It's an unstable piece of crap that is useful only for some fancy jobs here and there. You need stability because college will mess you up.

I hate this board

gentoo

Hi, prakesh.

t. Dumb caucasian boomer who got lol'd by a pajeet

Indians are Caucasian.

Get arch, it's super easy to set up with zen installer and has every package you'll ever need.

Nigga what

Attached: 1516332305013.png (656x555, 178K)

Learn what Caucasian means.

Depends on what your degree is. I'm studying electrical engineering and having things like quartus in the AUR for fpga stuff is a godsend. Other development environments are braindead easy to set up. Arch has never broken on me in the two years i've been using it. Otherwise, my uni's EE computers mostly run xubuntu.

You mean Ubuntu?

Indians didn't migrate from Europe, and by caucasian I meant an average white male/female.

No, xubuntu. It's a variant of ubuntu that ships with xfce, like you have kubuntu which ships with kde, lubuntu with lxde, and so on.

So it's just Ubuntu with a different desktop environment installed? Seems like you could just say Ubuntu. Most distros let you choose a desktop.

BSD, you're a frogposter so it would be nice to know that you'll fail

For a lot of distros, the desktop environment and its configuration are a defining feature

Bsd

>
>Indians are Caucasian.
Indians are Asian

>
>Indians didn't migrate from Europe, and by caucasian I meant an average white male/female.
They're still Asian you fucking sped

Asians can be Caucasian.

> (You)
>Asians can be Caucasian.
What. No they can't lol
Caucasians don't have a fucking monolid you retarded nigger

Caucasian doesn't mean white.

Really depends on the Thinkpad, the newer ones are getting increasingly more cancerous

Nigga, just install quartus tar files from Intel... No need for the aur for that shit. I did that last year, it's shit software but if you need it it's the easiest way

We wuz caucasian n sheeet!

Neither. Use Windows or MacOS. Focus on finishing that degree and getting into a good paying job. Then you can keep on tinkering with hobbies like Linux or BSD in the evenings / weekends.

Yeah, but I have to create an account, download, extract them somewhere and run the install script manually, whereas I just have to enter yay -S quartus-free and enter my password when installing from the AUR.

Debian Xfce

hong kong yankee uncle toms p much are caucasian you're right

BSD for a desktop OS is self-flagellation.

install gentoo