What happened to beige computers Jow Forums? Why did they move away from this classic color?

What happened to beige computers Jow Forums? Why did they move away from this classic color?

Attached: EEYyKwdWsAAj-yU.jpg (3276x2322, 2.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8P1OVj0IcqY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm like 90% sure every "beige" computer was white when it was bought and turned beige over the years

No, most were beige. Maybe around half were actually white. I.e. binge Apple crap VS actually white Amiga.

White/gray plastic that's degraded has a pissy, cigarette tar color. Plastic that was originally beige has a grayish, sandy tone.

Compare the Apple II and disk drive to the Apple III monitor for the difference for actual beige and degraded plastic

Attached: iu.jpg (2883x1947, 595K)

Depends, I've got some plastic stuff that's turned yellow over the years and others that turned beige. My PAL SNES turned beige, my imported Famicom is yellow.

It's ugly as shit.

Attached: 1541441904499.png (400x1650, 367K)

It fell out of style. Tech 10-20 years from now will probably look back at all the black shit we have today and thing it just as ugly

faggotroon here, i'll pass on the crapple

Fine, here's another beige computer from the same era.
Is beige really uglier than yellowing white or dust-collecting black? Is it really more boring than metal or painted metallic?

Attached: Ibm_px_xt_color.jpg (2832x2128, 1.91M)

Not really true.

Beige worked well with the earthy colors and various shit browns of most of the 20th century but people eventually got bored of it and overall aesthetic tastes changed.

The yellowing of plastics is because of the fire-retardant bromide additive they mix into the plastic. It changes yellow when it oxidizes over the years. You can bleach it out with hydrogen peroxide and UV light to restore the plastic's original color.

Attached: 1561571513958.png (1280x720, 987K)

Wrong.

>UV light
That's what turned it yellow for me. You could really see, which parts were in the sun for years.

Imagine still believing this.

youtube.com/watch?v=8P1OVj0IcqY

Do you think beige will make a comeback?

I used rubbing alcohol back in the day and it works just fine?

You can't really fix it after it happens. You can bleach it with Retr0bright, but it usually re-yellows again to an extent over time. Also the bleaching makes many plastics more brittle.

metallic gray with orange accents when?

Attached: cuba_lee_03.jpg (1600x900, 414K)

never

What are you talking about?
See

Just got some beige in the mail today. And before you ask, yes it’s a computer.

Attached: 817CAE00-CEBD-40B7-989B-7FDA63B204EF.jpg (1280x960, 340K)

Yes, calculators are technically computers, friend.

Not just “technically”

I used to think that Reverse Polish Notation was a Polack joke, but it turns out that there really is something called Polish notation invented by a Polish mathematician, and RPN is just PN with the operator at the end.

Orange-red revival when?

Attached: agat9.jpg (1508x1844, 391K)

Sure, hypothetically too.

You can finish the reaction and it will stay original colour without turning back.
You don't need to bleach it for that, other methods exist that don't ruin the plastic.

If, like, you weren't, like, a fucking, like, millennial, you'd like, know, like, that like, most computers, like, in the 80's and 90's, like, were, like, off-white or like, beige.

Red case *and* beige keys

Attached: 8dfbb6ced08c632a6f0f74b35ce38a23.jpg (1059x668, 135K)

Never because product(RED) fags have basically trademarked it.

I can't believe comfy beige computers were derided as "boring" so that consumer tech could switch to being almost exclusively glossy black plastic instead, like that isn't worse. And the only thing gamers can think to do to make their computers more interesting is to add lights, like it's a riced up shitbox car, but even ricers buy cars with interesting colours.

Attached: file.png (906x720, 668K)

Not that user but I'd expect to see it in mobile devices before home computers. Basic, washed out and earthy tones are quite popular in street fashion but decor wise things like brushed aluminium, glass panels and the like fit much better with most trends. That plastic is too weak to use at the scale they like for phones and most laptops though so it's unlikely it will come back, unfortunately. We might see translucent coloured plastic though

Black is a low profile corlor, it doesn't get in the way, it doesn't irritate your eyes, it's unnoticable in the dark, it's less dirty, and when the hardware gets old as shit it also covers up some of the aging.
>but muh colorful colors
No one cares, efficiency is where it's at.
>but what about LEDs
Don't buy RGB shit, problem solved.

cause it's fugly

Beige was only popular in the first place due to German workplace safety regulations. I don't think anyone ever actually liked it.

>Is beige really uglier than yellowing white or dust-collecting black? Is it really more boring than metal or painted metallic?
Yes, and yes