Summer 2019 GPU Buyer’s Guide

What did you think?

Attached: anthony4-3.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

Here's a better buyer's guide:
Wait until next year, prices are fucked.

None
The library for PC games is boring as fuck and nvidia is running a monopoly with overpriced gpus. AMD is actual fucking housefire garbage too. So it's a huge waste of time
t. fell for the pc gaming meme

Then why is pcbg shilling AMD GPUs in the OP?

The only GPUs worth having are RX 550/560/460.

This.

How does it feel to be an idiotic AMD shill?

>AMD shill
No good alternatives. nVidia's driver situation is shit on Linux and Intel doesn't have GPUs and it's integrated graphics are shit. I mean, I agree that you likely won't need a dedicated GPU but even then AMD is the only non-garbage option due to Intel's poor performance after CPU bug fixes and it's worse iGPU performance in general, it doesn't come close to AMD in price/performance and it's filled with CPU bugs and backdoors.
In case you do want to use a dedicated GPU, the ones I listed are best options. They have open source drivers, perform well enough for 99% use cases and have low TDP.

The best budget GPU of the last 3 years of course. Boosts to 1400mhz just fine. Got it used for $120. Can't beat it.

Attached: rx570.gif (404x522, 29K)

Ram's looking pretty good right now

Don't forget Nvidia's security vulnerabilities which can allow hackers to remotely take control of your PC.

>Intel doesn't have GPUs
Antisemitism

Attached: i740.jpg (670x350, 75K)

>Intel i740 AGP
Not that user but that fucking graphics card was terrible back then.

>Buying a GPU in 2019
You either pay the Novideo tax and become an early adpter of their meme technology you wont even use, save money on AMD and deal with their shitty drivers for a year, or buy a 3 year old product like an rx 570. You cannot win.

Attached: 1563008930018.png (900x600, 770K)

RAM is not a GPU

>buy a 3 year old product like an rx 570
>you cannot win.
But buying old cards is a win. GPUs are overpriced and don't gain much performance in 3 years. Buying an RX 5?0 is the best option because it has good drivers and it's cheap.

Pardon my retardation but I might just buy an aftermarket RX 5700 XT when the price is right in 2020.

i'm gonna buy a used 1070 for $150 to replace my 760

Video games are for children.

Attached: shill-warning.jpg (402x402, 77K)

i740 was one of the only cards that could play Q3ATest on day one because it had a full OGL ICD. I had a Real3D Starfighter in my main machine back then and a STB GlyderMAX II in my spare machine. The STB card had a Permedia 2 and that was one of the other chipsets that could run it on day one.

The i740 wasn't really that bad in all honesty. It played everything you threw at it with decent framerates and it could be used for 3D applications like 3DS Max, TrueSpace (which was my primary 3D program), and Extreme 3D 2.

The 8gb 570 is like actually slept on, I run mine permanently OC'D at 1400mhz with 0 stability issues.

>all these retards ITT trying to shill AMD cards
I can tell none of you work in 3D software.

How's that art degree working out for you?

I' going to make a new build during Black Friday sales, excpet for the GPU. Neither AMD nor Nvidia currently have appealing offerings to upgrade from my 1070.

I'm hoping Nvidia's 7nm cards or AMD's RDNA2 cards are going to change that, but prices might be still fucked due to their duopoly. Intel is going to be a non-factor for a while.

Always makes me laugh that Vega 56 never gets any respect among the YouTube community. Jayz2Cents recently said the shit blower version was available recently for $279 in the US but sold out immediately and he couldn't recommend it at its usual price point. Meanwhile, that has been its usual price point in the EU for about a year.

I paid £300 (inc 20% VAT), a few months later it was £250, and it has been lower than that recently too. Probably very low stock levels left though.

I bought a used MSI 1070 for $200, ebay is the way to go for right now

Great cards.

bullshit guide, no offense to anthony (hallowed be his name)
the only either poverty-tier 570 or 1650, or using the company credit card for a VII or Quadro GV100
no imbetween

I thought apple fag's beloved trash cans ran AMD only?

paid £225 for a pulse version
its perfect

No, the 2013 Mac Pro can use Nvidiot cards.

hey how about i keep my 1060 till it breaks?

Key word is "can".

Apple have used AMD exclusively for discrete graphics for a long time now. Anything else is optional that you have to buy and install on your own.

I don't think you can get some random third party graphics card for the 2013 Mac Pro either (that's the trashintosh).

I thought you were referring specifically to the 2013 Mac Pro.

If you're not buying a 2080ti, why even call yourself a gamer?

Lmao you stupid Europeans and your fucked up taxes
How's that smart car you fucking faggot

I snagged a new 590 for $160, since I thought it was a good deal and didn't want to wait till Black Friday. Did I do good?

Attached: 8D.jpg (372x389, 13K)

A 1080 ti if you can find one someone will part with

The 1660 Ti is the only card worth buying

Probably won't live a year past 50

Damn that's lucky.

I'll stick to my 2 rtx titans tyvm

Attached: 1561366884026.jpg (980x963, 179K)