Convince me not to buy it

Convince me not to buy it

Attached: images (11).jpg (716x428, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/voron00/android_device_lge_mako
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They'll slow it down through the """"updates""""

>iOS

Nah, it's the only apple product that's worth a damn nowadays.
Only the 350€ version tho, the others are overpriced

Do you already have one?
Does it still work?
Do you need one?
Why would you replace it?

>I don't
>_____
>Not for some productive work but want to try drawing and for media consumption
>I don't have

Don't see any reason why not then.
Also the questions were actually just for you to answer to yourself.

You need to decide whether you need it, not us.

My main use will be video consumption and shitposting

screen isn't laminated, whatever that means

Updates are a foreign concept to Andjeets.

You can't install 3rd party software.

Yes you can.

without compromising iOS?

Apple TV is a very good product.

Yes. The App Store is full of third party software. It's called XNU/iOS, by the way.

all the internals are soldered to the board, and if something breaks ur at the mercy of Apple who will most likely tell you to just buy another.

If you don’t buy an iPad you can magically afford health insurance.

IPAD BEST ROAD EREADER PROOF ME WRONG FAGGOTS

why would anyone care how you waste your money

That's an expensive product to shitpost. But it's your money tho

>tho
Fucking zoomer.

>Convince me not to be gay
I can't, your brain is too fucked up already.

>video consumption
I use the mini for this, its pretty good. If you happend to read, the mini is the better choice

For videos and manga a cheaper chink tablet would do. For drawing and laptop replacement, Pro is the way to go.

Basic iPad and Air don’t make too much sense and are too overpriced for what they offer.

Do you actually need it?

>still getting updates 5 years later and still works great.
>meanwhile top end samsung galaxy tablets would be lucky to get one major update in the devices entire lifetime

Attached: 1557182533101.gif (300x200, 903K)

The 2019 Air has the same SoC as the top end iPad Pros (A12X) plus a laminated screen on top of that. $300 more will buy you a fullscreen display and faceID, so it's a toss up. $329 for the A10 driven basic iPad is still a great value and very capable device. Performance wise it benches on par or better than the newest top end Galaxy Tab (a device that costs twice as much).

Go ahead and buy it, make sure you get a good screen protector and case. If you dont like it or you get tired of it you can always resell

owner of an ipad air 1st gen, still works fine but it's a tad slow with multitasking. guess what? when it was released that wasn't even a feature considered during the development.
works absolutely fine otherwise. it actually got faster with the latest updates.

Get the mini you troglodyte

The Air is probably the best value proposition out of all of them right now.

This, support fo android devices is a joke

Ain't worth convincing otherwise. I'll neither support it or advocate against it, because the tablet market sucks balls.

Just find a 2-in-1.

if you buy that it will explode.

Any good 2 in 1 within $700?

does anyone ever need anything?

if you need such a device get the better one, last years pro with the decent display bezels, just try not to bend it
more than likely you don't need it as your phone does all that and more
>i need a bigger screen on the go
don't be a (((consumer)))

Third party meaning not provided through the app store.

Don't buy it. Buy the iPad Pro instead.

Not worth it unless you need all 13 inches for drawing. The air is still the best deal in that regard.

Yeah ok. I use it for all my paperwork (teacher). Amazing how much it actually saved.

github.com/voron00/android_device_lge_mako
>2011 device running 9.0 Pie (second latest, will probably get 10 too)
iPhone 4 doesn't run ios 12 now, does it?

Hey, if you wanna suck Tim Cock's cock, go for it! Nobody here will prevent you.

My OnePlus 3T still getting updates. 3 year old phone now.

Watch JerryRigEverything doing a durability test on it.

No Tachiyomi.

I'm just saving anons some money. The pro is overkill unless you really need the screen real estate. I did so it was worth it but I got it before the new air came out.

Samsung S5e is better

Air also has a wasteful design with the giant bezels and the old gen pencil with ridiculous charging. That would’ve looked embracing on a chink tablet but with all that the 300 bucks more for Pro seem more than worth it.

And sure A10 performance is better than cheap chink trash but for media consumption it’s more then you’ll ever need and even some MediaTek or whatever they put in dirt cheap lagdroid tablets would be fine. The only serious benefit from the iPad would be easy of use and maybe security ... which doesn’t sound too crucial to watch series on the shitter.

Also the Air is about the same size and weight as 11” Pro despite smaller screen. The design is just horrible.

Does it play webm? The very videos posted, here, on Jow Forums?

Mi Pad 4 exists

>Air also has a wasteful design with the giant bezels
God forbid you can hold your handheld device comfortably.

You will never get a wife like mine, if you are looking to find a bf an iPad will work fine.

Attached: EEa-R9XVAAA6mKf.jpg (1536x2048, 687K)

This. The iPad Mini 4 that I got used is one of my most satisfied purchases in the last few years

It's your money m8, I dont give a fuck what you do with it, just as I don't care that you're a faggot

do people actually believe this? my 6 is running like a beast on 12.4.1.

>having to [s]jailbreak[/s] root your device to update

>The 2019 Air has the same SoC as the top end iPad Pros (A12X)
But that's simply not true

My bad. It is false. The 2019 Air has a hexa core A12 and 3gb of RAM. While the 2018 Pro has the octa core A12X and 4gb/6gb of RAM. Single core performance is similar on all 3 models, while the Pro scores more than +85% more on multicore tests and 50% more on graphics benchmarks. For longevity it may be worth getting the 12.9" Pro for the 6GB of RAM (since minimum RAM seems to dictate when iOS devices stop being supported)

webm links open in VLC.

chinktablets are fucking trash and only absolute poorfags would defend using them

Only the 1tb versions got 6 gigs and it’s used for storage management.

buy an older iPad and jailbreak it

They are fine for content consumption.

t. iPad Pro owner, but obviously wouldn’t recommend it to OP unless they want to draw.

jailbreaking hasn't been relevant since before iOS6. nowadays jailbreaks are just chinese & russian rootkits/keyloggers. what's the point of using a device with such robust focus on security just to backdoor it

But will I be able to read pdfs on smaller than 8 inch screen. I convinced myself that for pdfs I need no less than 10. Am I wrong?

it's too small. besides if you're considering a mini your only choice is the 2019 mini 5 which is about as expensive as the 2019 iPad Air. and you're spending around that much you may as well get an Air or go all in with a Pro.

I'd rather wait a few months until the next pro.

you'd likely have to wait till spring though I'd think (since the A13 just came out)

Didn’t A12X came out in October too?

you're right. is there a fall event announced yet?

I tried a couple years old 8 inch tablet as a dedicated ebook reader for technical books, didn't like it that much and got a 10 inch.
Look for an above average screen mainly, but see if you really need something as expensive as an iPad for that though, I got a 2019 Samsung Tab A, and it's serving me very well for the purpose, plus getting it on sale at sub200€ also sweetened the deal. I did also look at the Mi Pad 4 Plus, but shipping costs killed it for me.

>200€

the 2019 iPad costs little more than that and is a better value proposition compared to a low end android tablet at the same price point. both from a build quality, performance/spec, and resale value (roi) perspective.

>little more
Don't know where you live, but over here the base model alone is double the price, let alone the higher specced ones, not an option in the slightest for the relative low performance purpose it would have.

a used 2014 iPad Air 2 would still be better option. and considering android tablets have little to no resale, you would still be coming out ahead if you went with a newer model.

Before I go any further, you're the one that's bringing up used tablets
>and considering android tablets have little to no resale
...you could buy an used android for even cheaper. What point are you trying to get at?

Even for "relative low performance" there's a minimum threshold for acceptable use cases. The point I'm making is that even newer "higher end" android tablets often fail at meeting that threshold. That's how bad android is as a tablet environment. So you can price race to the bottom all you want but all you're doing is self defeating in the end.

>The point I'm making is that even newer "higher end" android tablets often fail at meeting that threshold
And your solution is a 5 year old tablet?
Also funny, considering my low end tablet more than meets the purpose I have for it.

>lagPad

Attached: 1551415022785.webm (640x360, 1.18M)

multicore benchmark for the 2014 iPad Air 2 is better than the Exynos 78xx SoC in a 2019 Galaxy Tab A 8". and it doesn't have the baggage of a bloated android installation on top of that. so, yes, it is a better solution.

This gets me wondering, why android tablets are such utter shit (except maybe Samsung ones, but good ones are not significantly cheaper then Ipads). I can't believe there is no demand for tablets, because tablet can actually successfully replace PC for most normies.

>benchmark
Ask me how I know you shit in the street.

Attached: 1547148052107.png (1000x888, 502K)

sour grapes

As bad as lagdroid tablets are, even an ancient one for 100 bucks would do the job as a dedicated pdf reader, and specially oled ones would have an advantage.

Sure the overall product is kinda shitty with an ugly botnet OS, lack of updates and zero resale value but for the job it’d be sufficient.

Apple stuff makes more sense if you’re buying something for more purposes; there is no equivalent to iPad Pro or even Macbooks due MacOS. For single task use then benefits are barely noticeable.

before you speak out of your ass, please tune into what cores are what

>there is no equivalent to iPad Pro or even Macbooks
This.

Not even Acer makes products as fucking shit as Apple.

>he doesn't just flash lineage os or any other minimalistic android rom
>he doesn't enjoy a standard stock appearance
>he doesn't enjoy the massive performance benefits
>he doesn't even flash google apps back so he can enjoy the best of both worlds

Cope harder street shitter.
The only thing Apple knows how to do is cheat at benchmarks, and that's the only thing their shit CPUs will ever be good at.
Let me know when your $1000 lagPads can scroll a webpage without shitting the bed. Even $100 no name Walmart Windows tablets destroy lagPads in performance.

Android apps tend to be more shit due low investment (most people don’t want to pay so the store is flooded by ad infested low effort shit) and on a larger screen the limitations just get more noticeable.

Though as someone who used shitty Lagdroid tablets and the best one from Applel, I never felt like the difference is as huge as people make it out to be. The thing that irked me about my old Samsung tablet the most was performance and it was due the outdated hardware mostly. I found Android on phone a much worse experience due the navigation without gestures and having to deal with shit from Samsung or Sony.

>being this mentally ill

Attached: 1441081415634.gif (315x236, 1000K)

>being this mentally ill

Attached: 1567239054886.png (620x690, 472K)

lagPads are unusable shit, that's just reality. Cope.