This is macOS, the world’s most powerful desktop operating system. Say something nice about it

This is macOS, the world’s most powerful desktop operating system. Say something nice about it.

Attached: 991EEB72-E34C-4421-AE4E-1988A4CA0634.jpg (1200x752, 144K)

It's slightly better than windows 10 but not really

no thanks, im good

the fact that I can use to slightly a similar way like gnu/linux makes me ignore it being proprietary garbage for a tiny moment

Its alright.

The UI is consistent

I agree with your viewpoint

This is macOS, a restrictive desktop operating system for zoomers/toddlers who don't understand tech spec sheets and think Apple is a luxury brand.
>MacBook Air: shit build quality, dual-core i5, 8 GB RAM and 128 GB storage for $1099

>72736205 (You)

Get a Pro, dude

It's a LOT better than it used to be, if it still had the (non) stability of OS8 i'd hang myself

It just works. Unix without dark deals with lucifer to make the video drivers work. First party industry standard applications with no blue screens, black screens, or broken startup. Exists to sell hardware to you, not to sell your attention and personal information to others

A lot of the insperation behind systemd was in the way that MacOS handled services, so it can't be all that bad? I guess?

say something nice about which? mac os? or the worlds most powerful operating system?

>i value "tech spec sheets" over how a device actually is to use
hyper autism

Plant watering and cat feeding is very important! You must follow all scheduled times! Never forget the grocery list! Yoga was canceled until bed time at 9:00 PM ladies. PS your Calculus fucking sucks, don't worry, Chan will take care of it for a price...

Looks almost as nice as Gnome

It runs well, considering the trash hardware it's installed on.

>I can't even comprehend the need for good hardware because I have too low IQ to do anything meaningful
Epic

>I value a fancy look over actual hardware functionality, and I'm willing to pay a ridiculous mark up for a logo.
Pot stop trying to make fun of kettle.

It can run bash natively. That’s the only thing it has over Windows. Mac ports of Windows software all suck ass though.

Bullshit!

It's borderline stolen from GNU/Linux. Steve Jobs was a criminal

It's Linux not GNU/Linux

dilate

It's cute but it gets fucked by 256 TCP connections, unless you manually set it to handle up to 1024.

>most powerful

Attached: shock.webm (480x480, 1.46M)

It's literally a reskinned version of NeXTstep, which was commercially released in 1989. The Linux kernel didn't come out until 1992, and it wasn't even usable until a couple years later.

>It's a LOT better than it used to be, if it still had the (non) stability of OS8 i'd hang myself
Modern macOS has pretty much nothing from classic MacOS, other than the interface design. Its codebase comes from NeXTSTEP.

Attached: NeXTSTEP_desktop.png (1152x900, 555K)

Yep, all the Mac OS X classes have NS prefixes for Nextstep. The current kernel is version 18.

kek

I love Apple advertising

>You can do all the things you could do with a notebook for only 600x the price!

No one is talking about their shit hardware here, this is the os itself, and it's really good if you hackintksh a x230.

*yagami light laughing behind camera*

macos is basically bsd + systemd + libcloudproviders

It's truly beautiful. I wish windows looked like that.

It's not installed on my computer.

>Women
>Work Notes

Attached: 1568479779565.jpg (1225x1328, 315K)

How, it's barely usable also, what's wrong with Windows?

also don't give me those non-awnsers like;
muh botnet, muh closed-source, muh microsoft

i want real awnsers
since i use windows 10 right now.

macOS is the most usable of any desktop OS. Windows 10's UI is a fucking trash fire in comparison.

>also don't give me non-answers like;
>reason 1, reason 2, reason 3
Here's another, because you are a tranny nigger fucking M$ CIA shill

That's the biggest lie i have ever heard, poof it faggot.

Attached: Windows.png (960x540, 259K)

>muh botnet, muh closed-source, muh microsoft
>i want real awnsers [sic]
But these ARE the real answers.

Unix based, has a working package manager, good scaling for high resolution screens, most foss packages made for linux also compile easily for macOS, no forced updates, multiple desktop implementation that is actually usable.

does anybody voluntarily install this OS? No? Into the trash it goes

Invalid answer, try again.

Anyone who hates on MacOS is just a poorfag. You can hate the hardware and prices all you want, but the OS is fantastic. Its beautiful, easy to use, clear, and Just Works, and it Just Works with linux stuff too because its a POSIX compliant (and officially Unix (tm) certified) operating system. So you get more usability and stability than that of Windows, AND you have the full power of the linux-like environment.

>AND you have the full power of the linux-like environment
minus the open source and absence of botnet, which are the most important parts and drive everything else forward that could be considered powerful about the Linux environment

No, botnet is not a real answer, closed source is not a real answer because people use mac os too, sorry that you don't like microsoft but that doesn't mean the products are bad.

If I didn't use linux this is what I'd use. Much nicer than anything I have to say about any version of windows.

>muh philosophy and politics are paramount
>not the practicality of having a really modular environment where its easy to chain tools or combine them together to make really powerful tools and dev environments and workflows unlike Windows which limits you to monolithic applications like IDEs.

one thing i like about is how the program's icon is a shortcut to itself

>muh philosophy and politics are paramount
This but unironically.
>not the practicality of having a really modular environment where its easy to chain tools or combine them together to make really powerful tools and dev environments and workflows
You mean like Linux does even better because there are no deliberate limitations in place to protect Muh Intellectual Property™©®?

Found the zoomer, yes spend ridiculous amount of money to have bragging rights.

Attached: Money.png (1365x668, 64K)

>what is hackintosh

inconsistent UI, forced updates, needs fucking with to not show you ads, bad software pre-packaged, annoying to set up a build environment or do anything other than just install and run software. having two different versions of python installed on windows ie enough to give anyone a headache, on linux any sane package manager will sort it out for you. you have less control over things like customisation and often have to resort to registry hacks to disable certain things. MacOS has some of these problems, but less of them, linux does not have them to even comparably the same extent.

It's like pirating windows, not legal.

Snow Leopard was nice.

can you give me examples, about ADS on windows 10?
why do people keep talking about forced updates i never get this shit on windows?

I can use Logic and Metasynth on it but not on windows

could have expressed your financial situation in less words

>wealthy people waste their money on crappy things, that's how they stay so wealthy
Who started this meme, probably a poor person pretending to be rich.....hmmmm

it's comfy

>powerful
>can't script
>forced to use a GUI
>can't manually maintain the same version while having security upgrades like red hat/ linux in general
>supports only preinstalled hardware
>needs a cloud account
into the trash it goes

they both suck..

it's clearly a conspiracy hurrr

DESIGNATED

SHITTING

STREETS

Attached: 1544821106851.png (709x869, 522K)

but it can (Unix shell)
but you're not
but you can (security updates are released for older versions)
but it doesn't (I run it on an x230)
but it doesn't (I don't even have an account and I'm running the latest release)

there are many valid arguments against OSX but you managed to list everything but those

Both are a pain to use these days. Nothing I do turns out as I expect

why is the screen filled with programs that aren't even opened? that's bloat

>being such a cocksucker you hack your way into a toddler os with unsupported hardware, illegally
designated apple's toilet

Windows 10 is an unstable, poorly designed shitpile of an OS that's so ill fit for server/web/embedded development or traditional Unix workloads that Microsoft eventually gave up and shipped an entire virtualized GNU/Linux system via WSL2. Unless you need a specific desktop application that won't run on Linux natively or in WINE, why bother?

>nephew buys brand new laptop
>constantly calls me to ask why the fuck his disk is hitting 100%
>or why his pc just decided to turn off to update
>or how he can't get it to stop even when he opts out of update
>or many many other things
The only thing I can tell him is >windows.

>Windows 10 is an unstable, poorly designed shitpile of an OS
But you can say the same about XP and Win 7 too.

XPSP3 and 7SP2 are stable enough for most people. 10 is the Arch Linux circa 2011 of Windows.

It's the industry standard for creatives because it's much more stable than Windows or any Linux distro whilst also being much more functional than any Linux distro. Anyone who thinks Linux is in any form a useable OS in any professions outside of IT/Infosec is delusional.

That being said, their consumer-grade products are garbage. Anything that's not a MBP, iPad Pro or iMac is useless and since Jobs died, their priorities and focus have slowly been getting fucked. If Windows 10 wasn't so fucking terrible, I bet a lot of people would have made the switch over by now.

Attached: 1566077247508.jpg (2000x1500, 2.88M)

>XP sp3
>Win 7 sp2
So give at least 10 years for Win 10 to become mature. This isn't a great system but is average to MS levels.

Macos is a utter shit, even the dumpster fire that is Win10 is decades ahead of Applel's steaming shitheap.

Pajeets at Apploo can't even touch GNU+Linux.

Attached: 1556682950123.png (709x869, 542K)

I hope that this is a bait

Wasted white space everywhere

>Wasted white space everywhere
As opposed to the white space that is not wasted?

Keeping Windows "clean" is a massive pain in the ass. Enjoy having a million context menu additions, a hundred inconsistent and nagging icons in your system tray. It's probably moot point bringing anything up since you're the type of neanderthal that can't capitalize or use question marks.

Macs have a native package manager. Programs that don't use it also don't pollute the file system as bad as Windows programs do. You download a .app file and it has an icon, launches your program when clicked on, and contains your entire program.

Windows' programs are also self defeating. Half of the shit you need to do in the more convenient stream lined modern apps force you to open the shittier legacy ones.
>Edge and Internet Explorer
>Photos and Windows Photo Viewer
>Settings and Control Panel

That's not even mentioning the sheer amount of bloat and ADVERTISEMENTS in your default start menu.

And don't forget half the apps launch extremely blurry because the 400 IQs at Windows can't figure out how to manage different DPIs despite the open source community and Apple figuring it out.

In short Windows is a deformed mushroom and macOS is more comparable to any Linux distribution. Most normies would prefer using a Mac, and if Apple decided to make macOS a universal hardware agnostic platform it would probably kill Windows in everything but the change reluctant boomersphere.

>No, botnet is not a real answer,
Yes it is.
>closed source is not a real answer because people use mac os too,
And Mac OS is just as bad for it, what's your point?

It sucks

You don't need a password to login as root

I SAID IT AGAIN

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

This is a feature.

>can't script

It does both CLI shell scripting and graphical scripting (via AppleScript and Automator).

>needs a cloud account

False.

This is Indian board. Back to mlpol to you.

Attached: 1568493534261.jpg (450x399, 140K)

that's not windows NT

It's extremely gay, which is quite acceptable and sometimes even cool in the current year.

macOs is no better than windows

neither is linux

get fucked Jow Forums

Finder is pretty neat, I love how easy it s to manage files and especially folders

I really don't like those shortcuts at the bottom

Megaparsecs ahead of Winshit 10.
Winshit 10 blows and sucks and blows. Abandon ship and run for your lives.
Most unsecure POS ever made.

I doubt even the most 1337est of NSA or CIA software engineers have found all the vulnerabilities and exploits.
You'd have to create a brand new, state of the art "AI" just to find all the fuck ups in Windows 10.
It is that fucking bad.
Just terrible.
Garbage piece of shit.

>i want real awnsers
install Gentoo

>

Attached: 20190914_170735.jpg (335x456, 73K)

Oh my fucking god it has a dark theme without annoying cream colored folders!

Attached: 69161199_336080710606663_6842046599342692093_n.jpg (578x683, 55K)

MacOS > Windows (Ultrabooks)
MacOS < Windows (Gaming/Real work)

Windows 10 is a pretty stable OS, I have never had any issues with it