This kills intel

>this kills intel

Attached: 69 gorillion.png (792x615, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/abs/1802.09085
twitter.com/AnonBabble

oh no no nono, 10nm secrit sauce is right around the corner

Attached: intcel inside.png (188x268, 9K)

But do they have SGX?

literally what

Intel's Software Guard Extensions. They allow having a blob of code that runs hardware-separated from the main OS. This is very attractive for DRM. As a video game developer, this is of great interest to me and I want SGX to be widespread.

Just give me Ryzen 4000 APUs right now

You mean repurposed and shrunk down 6-8core ryzen 3000 CPUs with an entire GPU core integrated into it.

if this is not trolling, than this is probably the dumbest fucking thing i've read on all of Jow Forums since I came here in 2006. if intel thinks this to be a good selling point, after spectre, meltdown, zombie load and another 20+ hardware backdoors that got compromised than the company has completely lost their mind and they deserve everything they get

Attached: 1557146089581.jpg (682x900, 115K)

I don't care what they really are
All I want is entry level 1080p gayming for 180 bucks to put in my new ITX case for lan parties

Cute. Maybe they'll catch up to the 9700k & 9900k by then.

In that case you better hope these APUs are AT LEAST as powerful GPU wise as an Xbox one x.

10NM+++ SUPERPOWER WILL DESTROY AMD IN 2025

Attached: 1544667387109.png (813x1402, 324K)

Why wouldn't they? 3400g can run esports at 1080p comfortably, and Zen 2 is about 10% faster than Zen+, while RDNA is like 20% faster than GCN

It is a hardware-level backdoor for nasty malware.

SGX is pure meme-tier. It is more strong-arming from "old media" trying to put the digital genie back into the lamp.

this already exists and has been demonstrated that can be used for malware to avoid anticiruses

Renoir is Vega, not Navi.
It does appear to be a 20 CU IGP though, test platform was outfitted with 4266 LPDDR4X. Good news for laptops, doesn't mean much to the desktop market.

Sorry, Zen2 has already has eclipsed Coffee Lake R in workloads that mattered.

Gayming hasn't been a meaningful metric for CPU performance for over a decade now. If you are a streaming-fag, Zen2 is the superior choice due to sheer abundance of cores/threads. 3900X completely shits on the 9700K and 9900K at streaming crap (especially if you use CPU).

SOPA

let's take a moment to applaud intel on their stupidity

>t. secret sauce
arxiv.org/abs/1802.09085
LMAO @ you & your shitty marketing team

I dont fully understand what happened but I can tell that other faggot got rekt.

Attached: hahaha.jpg (807x659, 36K)

any news on rdna2?
from what I gather, rdna is a gpu type that is still using a gcn instruction set, is rdna2 the instruction set update?

Its all going to be the same ISA, RDN2 is just a different arch iteration. No different from how Southern Islands and Volanic islands are different arch yet still GCN ISA.

No news, literally 0. But we know for a fact now that Microsoft's next xbox will have hardware accelerated raytracing, and that's only possible if the raytracing accelerator is in the GPU because of latency

lol imagine being a mentally ill intel fanboy

How about GPUs? Bad time to get a 2080ti with a new "gen" consoles on the horizon?

They should fucking fix the 5700/XT before talking about RDNA2. People are still getting BSODs and stuttering in games

3950x when

>september

>4000 APU

Renoir is the 4000 series APU, and that comes out early 2020.
The Zen3 based APUs will be 2021.

BASED

Maybe they will finally surpass kaby lake lol

>gaming isn't meaningful
Cope. This is the mindset of someone who bought a product that only trades blows with almost 3 year old hardware.

Attached: zen2.jpg (1855x612, 129K)

how will i live knowing my 3900x gets 10 fps less than a 5ghz 9900k, guess i'll just have to suffer the 10fps loss and cope with my extra cores.

>more expensive and less performance in games
your coping is insane

Imagine buying Intel for anything, really.

Attached: 1562534167877.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

>9600k minimums
L-O-L

>node disadvantage
>probably 1 architecture update away from zen 3 (ie. zen -> zen 2, whereas amd is already on zen 3)
intel is really fucked, they really were caught with their pants down

AMD seemingly has some pretty big shit up their sleeves with Zen3.
The next iteration of Zen isn't in the same arch family as Zen1/Zen+ and Zen2. Those are all 17h family architecture, but Zen3 is 19h, a whole new family. That means the difference in arch is going to be pretty significant.
7nm EUV Zen3 and 5nm EUV Zen4 will be 19h family arch. Papermaster has commented that Zen3 will be focused on energy efficiency, and 7nm EUV to 5nm EUV will bring a pretty significant power reduction. Pretty huge gains coming down the pipeline in the next two years.

intel will really be in a tough spot performance wise.

Kek, intcels on suicide watch

>STILL won't hit 5GHz

Attached: 1497910377702.jpg (568x612, 66K)

"hardware accelerated" can mean many things, honestly hope amd doesn't piss die space away on ray tracing.

what a shitty ass fucking bench

next time pull something like z7ip or BF4 multiplayer or something FUCK

here slowass

Attached: 7zip-9900k.png (692x566, 32K)

7zip is an excellent bench for max system performance under load, but it does not consider TDP, thermals, throttling, yada yada

>1080p medium, 2080ti
>This is a normal, relevant benchmark, not at all synthetic
>Everyone in the real world buys hardware and plays at settings where the CPU will be the bottleneck

>barely more expensive and comes with it's own cooler that works pretty nice, has more cores and threads but loses by 10 fps in gaymes
i forget, who's coping?

So when is AMD going to start hounding the laptop market? When are we going to see 6c12t Ryzen chips.being stuffed into laptops with sun 50w TDP? I remember when the 65w R7-1700 was put into a laptop and I was blown away. A full desktop tier 8c16t chip in a laptop. Imagine
>8c16t 50w chip with desktop levels of performance
>Cooling won't have to be insanely over the top so laptops can remain normal sized (not Ultrabooks, but close)
>Dual channel memory with ECC support
>4k IPS screen
>Radeon Pro Mobile graphics
>All for $1200 or less because AMD's yield % is still nuts

Renoir.
And no, TSMC's 7nm yields are not magic.

Next year sometime

*cracks it*

I'm not saying their node is magic, all AMD would have to do is make a lower clocked version of their 8c16t chip. The R7-3700X is already 65w. Lock the all core load to keep temps/power usage down.

The 65w SKUs have a real total package power draw of 90w. Renoir is not a chiplet design because external IF links pull too much power.

Right I forgot that there were more than just minor arch tweaks with 7nm Ryzen. Well regardless, it will be interesting to see what they do