Why do people go to Disneyland if it costs 650 dollars for a day

for a family of 4? Also, why is entertainment so expensive these days? In the past, a family of 4 would go to a baseball game for a dollar per ticket each and 50 cents for popcorn or a hot dog.

Attached: C1185691-79A2-4706-828D-6B039EC23234.jpg (1369x1369, 432K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w4jV_UfrrdA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vwrKs4kuWBs
laughingplace.com/w/p/magic-kingdom-current-wait-times/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 8092A841-D42A-42EF-81F1-6C8115D0641A.jpg (400x400, 30K)

Fpbp

fpbp

Attached: 1524825412979.gif (800x371, 105K)

>600 dollars
>for a day in queue-land
wow so magical

Attached: 6431257.png (327x316, 211K)

(((you know why)))

Guys

its time to sneak into disneyland dressed as a stormtrooper.

Fuck Disney

Pretty obvious. More time spent slaving for shekels to pay for ticket/entry. Don't forget all the guilt-tripping and propaganda aimed at kids reminding them they have bad parents for not taking them to Disneyland.

Look up inflation

They increased the ticket prices because the parks are always at 100% capacity, it is simple supply and demand. People are willing to pay that much for a day at Disneyland, so that is what they charge.

The majority of people are now more willing to spend more of their money on entertainment.
The average person has no savings, and major debt, but spends all their spare money and even some meant for expenses on entertainment and invests and saves nothing.
The entertainment industry is only too happy to take all their money and raises their prices to as much as they can afford.

>infla...what?

1981: $10.75
1982: $12.00
1984: $14.00
1985: $17.95
1986: $18.00
1987: $21.50
1990: $25.50
1991: $27.50
1993: $28.75
1994: $31.00
1999: $39.00
January 2000: $41.00
November 2000: $43.00
2002: $45.00
2003: $47.00
2004: $49.75
January 2005: $53.00
June 2005: $56.00
January 2006: $59.00
September 2006: $63.00
2007: $66.00
2008: $69.00
2009: $72.00
2010: $76.00
2011: $80.00
2019: $145.00

They have a monopoly now and are milking it. Capitalism would dictate that they build more parks. Monopolism dictates to operate at capacity and hike prices.

i was there a week ago, and it was just over a hundred a day with fast passes. Just dont buy tickets at the park kraut.

Back in middle school band I got to go for free since we were good enough to play there.

they jack up prices every year, nothing new

Because the world economy is a pyramid scheme controlled by people who print money . They literally print money. Let that sink in. For some reason people still think stock markets , economic collapses, poverty etc are real. They print money. A movie about the Rock painting his skin blue and going "huh, I'm a smurf?" Will make a billion dollars but a fireman makes 7 dollars an hour.

So what they do is the monopolize everything, which clearly happened. Then they brainwash you . Psychiatry could be used to cure suicide but its used to figure out how to manipulate people. Anything that isn't monopolize is given fees and licenses and then things like taxes are carefully crafted in a way so that any opposing party never gets too powerful. It costs like 30 bucks for a wire transfer for example. Ok. So that means 1000 people do all their business and after insurance taxes inspections etc and they break even, then the bank makes 30x1000x100 wire transfers for the year and oh look Chris moneymaker has all the chips now.

Anytime you see a 1% fee or 5% tax or whatever it looks like nothing but realistically its like a 99% tax because by design everyone remains broke and you are only one with excess money.

The problem can be simplified to : people are greedy and bite off more than they can chew, stupid humans love not thinking, they beg uncle government to create fake jobs that could be automated, that's why doing anything requires going through 5000 middle aged 97 IQ women who can't reset a computer and why no innovation happens. Anyone who worships tv sees 40 hours for the academy awards as a bargain and anyone with a libertarian bone in their body suffers forever.

Possibly solutions are ubi, complete removal of government and absolute free market so compassionate non plantation owners can give alternatives, eugenics, or ww3 full blown us nationalism where we nuke everyone and can just take care of ourselves.

They do not have a monopoly, there are plenty of other themeparks, some much better if you have more interest in extreme rides as Disney doesn't really do those at all. They also do try and build new parks whenever possible, but it is outright impossible in the US now. Every time they try there is a massive shitstorm, see Disney's America.

Attached: file.png (1600x1193, 3.81M)

It's fun for the whole family but they overcrowd the place.

Star Wars is not enjoyable anymore.

People with money do stupid shit all the time. It's the reason corporations like Disney exist: to steal it.

It's pure logic too. The more money you have, the less you have to lose by 'wasting' it.

Monopoly over what? Their own IPs? Fucking lmao
If some retarded middle class family wants to spend their savings on a completely unconsequential and mindless publicity scheme for Disney products, it's their own goddamn decision. It's not Capitalism's fault fucking kek.

Name one theme park which includes a Star Wars land. See? They got a monopoly. Which is why 85% of themepark revenues are in the hands of Disney.

Do you even know what a monopoly is? By your estimation, Google doesn’t have a monopoly in search because they own their IP and Facebook doesn’t have one in friends based networking... also because theynown their IP.

And Universal has a Harry Potter land, and a whole Nintendo theme park coming. If you can't play big don't play at all.

If every dollar used on the stock market,athletes, musicians, celebrities, politicians, regulation companies like dea who sells heroin or the fda who sells heroin, was just distributed among everyone, YouTube replaced media, people did their own research on what to put in their body, the pedowood money laundering operation ended and people made movies with their 9990p iPhone cameras, stock market which is just buying a share of a monopoly was removed since only one group benefirts from it, fuck it lets throw in the billions from the lottery scam which preys on dumb poor people too,

Then the purpose of society would be furthering education, innovating, becoming self sustaining.

As evil as tbe government is non of these problems exist without consent. Thats why there were times where any American could buy a house and raise a family and now everyone is just patiently waiting until the right time to kill all the rich people are go back to farming.

This is why, you communist. youtube.com/watch?v=w4jV_UfrrdA

/thread

All I wanted is a nice waterpark with insane rides... guess what, the Senators which Disney owns have outlawed all fun rides in order to protect Disney.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vwrKs4kuWBs

Attached: 012AF6A6-F48A-4CFB-9688-75800A689965.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

I remember seeing parkhopper 7 day passes for like 250 bucks when I was a kid.

I think that has more to do with the kid who was decapitated on a waterslide a few years back

Don't worry goy you can buy a fast pass and skip the lines for only $500 more!

Do you even understand what false equivalency means, fucktard? Have you even been to Orlando?
I'd understand if you were talking about all the Hollywood studios that Disney owns, which in fact is such a huge monopoly that they pretty much own the Oscars and they've even created a whole new category just so Black Panther wins an award. But this is a whole different thing, even if they're related through their IPs.
You're fucking retarded kid.

>Possibly solutions are ubi
Bummer, you went full retard.

The Disney Star Wars Land is based off of the Disney Star Wars era i.e. Force Awakens and Last Jedi. A

Attached: finnrose.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Fast Passes aren't something that is sold separately, they just come with your ticket.

Professional money lenders charge you money to hold your money when they just invest your money and then they charge you ridiculous fees to move your money. If you work at the international level for example you get raped with fees and taxes to the point where you just end up in bed with "lawmakers".

Meanwhile systems to send money that don't close on Sundays or after five pm exist.

Daily reminder that before anything can be done, Rick Santorums pension needs paid. Because it's acceptable for the government to lie and not accept foi requests it's be impossible to tell how many pensions and shit are paid. I bet there are millions still getting paid 20k a year for the holocaust.

If the government's system was perfect then how did they just so happen to miss all the people laundering money in the Panama papers? The irs exists because they can target people for political reasons. It's entrapment because its like walking up to somebody and handing them a wallet full of money then they have to decide whether to tuen it in. The second you deposit money into an account the irs could take their cut. They don't do this because they need to leave their scam system open so that people they like can cheat , like the dude across the street from me who works for Microsoft and pays ten trucks every day to drive back snd forth literally picking up wood then dropped it on the geound then picking it up, they have been working eight hours a day for over a year and there are literally like eight trucks, and all they've built is the foundation for a small pool house , because he can make that a business expense because he has his business clients come eat at his pool or some shit.

That kid’s head was half detached before he put one foot in the waterpark.

Who gives a fuck about this shit franchise

Lmao

Attached: stinky degenerate.jpg (538x540, 54K)

>That entire video
Half of the slides shown in the video are still open.

I have a 55 year old sister who goes every fucking year with her 25 year old fat daughter. They’re both stuck at age 14 intellectually, Disneyland makes them feel like they never have to grow up, so it’s their fat lonely girl paradise.

>why is entertainment so expensive these days
Hey come on now, its just $6
What is $60 compared to the smile on your kids face?
Don't be cheap now, $600 for a WHOLE DAY of entertainment is a bargain.

Attached: 1497257195812.png (499x641, 337K)

you know this is going to happen. they will have to make the staff entrance underground or have rfid badges at least

Blacks would rather spend that much money on gold chains and shoes than their family. Even though Disneyland is a mess of multiple races, I can usually count the amount of blacks there on my hands. One hand if its the middle of the week

Attached: smile.gif (320x384, 1.15M)

In Czechia/Austria-Hungarian empire (an I am sure that in other European countries as well) comedians/artists/etc were often bannedc from entering villages and towns, not because they often were gypsies but because they always were also thieves, unreliable and never done real work.

We should do this with today's actors sportsmans, etc as well, I am ok with making this industry hard as fuck to enter so we get only the best of best who actually can entertain people, but rest should be again banished from entering settlements.

Attached: 1546815927682.webm (1280x720, 241K)

You can buy a season pass for most theme parks that cost less than a day pass for Disney World, and they will have more rides. I have a membership for Six Flags that I can use to enter any Six Flags for my wife, son, and myself that costs $720 a year for all three of us. We go to a park for two or three days every two months and have a blast.

Attached: E53A57CB7834440E94FB9E1679092239.gif (356x321, 941K)

You didn't have to specify they were fat. We can see your flag ffs.

I dated a woman who was a total Disneyphile when I was stationed in Florida. It was funny at first but I ultimately hated how her entire personality was based on Disney princesses and weird hero worship

Also Star Wars is far past its prime and Disney needs to give it the coup de grace

Ya got me there, edgy teenager.

Attached: 3E6A41B4-BB46-4658-AA5D-3C208AF386E2.jpg (640x640, 73K)

(((they))) counting never gets old

kek'd

>They’re both stuck at age 14 intellectually
That is literally all women, they never advance beyond that point mentally.

I have a coworker who's fat ass wife goes every year with her fatass daughters as well. Literal fat brainlets that ride the rides, sing the songs, and cosplay as princesses. They also do the fucking Disney cruises. Grown ass women.

The state of this country

There's no way in hell it costs over $150 per person. Even a 10 year old child wouldn't think paying 3-5x as much as admission to a local theme park is really having the same rides but with Mickey mouse on them

>s.oy vey

Attached: 123124232343.jpg (234x250, 22K)

honestly star war land sounds cool id chec that out, they have discounts for state residents and other deals you can take advantage of if it interests you, but i have no kids so ill prob never go desu senpai. i like going to roller coaster focused places, cedar point in sandusky ohio is my favorite

I heard they increased wagie wages at the parks, so this may have to do with that as well. Also
>sky high
Only a 25% increase. I'll be thinking about the poorfags when I go this wednesday

>Current wait times.
>Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
>115 minutes
imagine being the parent
laughingplace.com/w/p/magic-kingdom-current-wait-times/

Attached: disneyworld wait times.png (725x2248, 203K)

>the best theme park in the US is in fucking Ohio
How did we get to this point?

>Their own IPs
No one currently working at Disney corporation was involved in the creation of Mickey Mouse. What IPs?

>I have a 55 year old sister
The absolute state of this board!

>they increased wagie wages at the parks

They have to, the psychological damage it does to young men and young women to work there ks beyond insane.

Attached: 1D702BFA-9F5B-449B-A11A-DD33A4F6543C.jpg (650x487, 62K)

the local theme park isn't worth what they charge, either
live entertainment is quickly becoming a thing that only the rich are able to afford
the rest of us will just have to make due with our internet and netflix and steam games....all entertainment forms that are done in the home, so they do not include the socialization nor human contact that all humans crave....further isolating the majority of the populous from each other

I was making stuff for the star wars part four years ago in London. People had been working on it for years allready all around the globe, shits expensive yo

>visit (((they)))land for 12 hours
>pay $600
>stand in line for 8-10 hours
>ride for less than an hour
>spend another $200 on souvenirs
>$800 for less than an hour of fun

Shekelstein approved

Less of a theme park monopoly and more of a media monopoly. Now there buying Fox.

Attached: disney_buys_fox_assets_3054955.jpg (500x364, 52K)

>pay way too much money for admission
>wait half an hour to ride anything
>it's a weekday during winter
Literally who would do this?

The simple fact is they should keep jacking the price up until wait times are 15 minutes

Does that include the price of food and water or did you get it from someplace else?

Attached: Dont-buy-water-at-Disney-World.jpg (638x523, 195K)

>Good thing currency is worth 14X more than it was in 1981...
>No wait a second...

ex-Orlandofag here

Disney is just a tourist trap for chinks japs frogs krauts michiganeers and other foreigners to pay our tax dollars with. The only other useful thing about it is bringing some dumb co-ed to Epcot and pretending you had to pay for tickets. Universal is the actual theme park for the area.

It’s the happiest place on earth and totally worth the cost. If you’re too poor to afford it then kys.

And the place where they built it has fucking nothing else. Anyway until they finish the toy story section

I think I ran into more Brazilians in Orlando than I did in Brazil itself

lol and this shit ride lasts like 30 seconds. At least you get to laugh at dumb black kids being bad at associating shapes on the touch screen in line lol.

Supply and demand.
And the manchildren who go there can afford it. It's not like they have kids or a wife to support.

And you know what? They could have just done some old school rides like they used to and Star Wars magic would be ok. I can build you a Star Wars fighter simulator for a few thousand bucks and a Millenium Falcon for 250k.

Jesus, I can designate a pic related for 0 bucks.

Attached: 994E06D9-BC62-4BC2-8941-C760177A6385.jpg (1560x780, 300K)

There are kiosks and vendors around every fucking corner shilling cotton candy, snacks, drinks, and cheap chinese garbage for insane prices.

>but little timmy wants mickey ears
>but sally wants a frozen dress
>but mommy wants a limited edition tea cup set
>((($$$YOU'VE BEEN KIKED AGAIN GOY$$$)))

If they're staying at the resort instead of some shitty motel miles away, you can add several hundred a day on top of everything else. My buddy took his wife and two kids last year and spent over $12k for five days. Five fucking days.

>12k on an amusement park visit
I'm getting a headache reading this

>1980, average sold house price in Toronto is $75k
>July 2018, average is 780k
>Disney has increased more than housing...but not by much.

If you factor in my previous post about literally standing in line for the vast majority of your time there, it will make your head explode trying to understand how an adult can justify that expense for less than an hour of actual amusement a day.

The rides only last a couple of minutes, and you stand in line for an hour waiting for 2-3 minutes on the ride. It's fucking ludicrous!

inflation of the usd between 1981 and 2019 was not even close to the extreme price hikes.

Disney simply want their beta buxx. And betas are dead set on giving it to them!

Attached: d9a82bc5-c52a-43c6-8f26-1951fdab4f46..jpg (1080x635, 83K)

As a Michigander, this is hilarious. My neighbors (have 4 kids ranging from 10-20) have gone to Disney world every year for the past like 6 years. One of my friends, a guy, has gone like 5 times in the last decade. He went there for his fucking honeymoon!

Most Disneyland visitors are Americans. Even in Paris.

Protip: all florida theme parks are legally required to provide free ice water at food and drink stands. They do not have to advertise it but they do have to provide a cup of ice water if requested.

Even then the Toronto housing going up wasn't even remotely inflation, unless you go by metric of artificially inflating demand and selling supply off to people who don't need it.
Disney still managed to outdo that...

>tourist trap

Well I'm happy I was trapped. Very satisfied. Florida fucking rocks and I know it sucks but compared to the shitfest I come from fucking fuck yeah.

NPCs

>legally required to provide a (((free))) service

Wait until (((they))) hear about it.

he only spent that much because he wanted to. i'm planning a trip for 8 days, staying at the beach club in a villa and it's $6k with airfare, 6 day park hopper and a meal plan. he's either lying or stupid

How many in your group, faggot?

His was four, and they went june or july 2018. $12k wasn't a joke, I saw the horror.

Coworker and his fat pig went on a disney cruise and it was $5-$6k for 7 days from texas to wherever the fuck it goes.

IT WAS (((their))) IDEA. There's something special in the ice water

>1989 - 21.50
>1999 - 39.00 - 181%
>2009 - 72.00 - 184%
>2019 - 145.00 - 201%

Doubles every 10 years.

I'm really torn on this shit.
I really want to go to a star wars theme park. But then disney killed star wars....

I'm not even a very social guy. I'd love to go to a fucking old school star wars theme park. Imagine getting a chance to meet revan or kyle katarn?
BUT NOT. SJWS even destroyed that. SJWS have fucked everything up.

Some nog island so the cuck can watch his pig of a wife slammed by subhumans.

Attached: 1546117565741.jpg (750x936, 858K)

It's hilarious how many people don't even think one day ahead to reserve a spot. Fastpass is definitely worth the ten minutes it takes to pick attractions.

Still, with all their money, knowledge and skills, they couldn't create a good Star Wars movie.
Valuable IP's become worthless if you don't create good content for it.

Attached: Star Wars.png (3099x1777, 3.9M)

>two adults
>two kids
>two bedroom villa
>8 days
>tickets for 8 days

$10k-$13k with meal plan

Doesn't include all the other bullshit, and the meal plans don't include all the bullshit the kids want.

Good luck user planning 8 days.

t.pic related

>nog island to cuck the fag
prolly

Attached: disneyworld.png (1486x837, 427K)