Having more than 100 packages installed

>having more than 100 packages installed

Attached: why.png (920x906, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

raw.githubusercontent.com/KittyKatt/screenFetch/master/screenfetch-dev
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>taking pride in the fact that while using a free OS, you use as little free software as possible.
>i have no brainlet.jpg for this level of brainlet.

What's a package?

I'm new to linux this year (jan) how do you see the count of this? What's the command?

neofetch

>using a greasy chinkpad you found in a dumpster that can't run a real OS

Oh thanks doh. Well, I sure have a lot of them, ha!
2476 (dpkg), 14 (snap)

neofetch packages

notOP but I'm running it on an old Imac that someone was going to recycle. The hardware inside really isn't bad. The macOS it came with though was old.

>actually using your PC
>Installing stuff to make life easier
These are the signs of a true newb. Real hackers just install a base arch system and stare at a TTY all day, never using bloat like "programs"

enjoy your bloat maxed attack surface

first

Attached: CopyQ.hEMJYC.png (1048x605, 29K)

neofetch thread?

Attached: 2019-09-14-213754_804x436_scrot.png (804x436, 169K)

So if a piece of software is safe, it becomes unsafe when bundled with other software? Retard.

Attached: 1517535413798.jpg (373x500, 59K)

Fucking packagelets

Attached: 2019-09-14-19:41:30-808x329.png (808x329, 38K)

The probability of your system being vulnerable is directly proportional to the LOC running on your system.

If you can prove this, you will win a turing award no joke.

...being compromised is directly proportional to the number of exploits you're system is vulnerable to.
>ftfy

To make exploits you need vulnerabilities.
To have vulnerabilities you need badly made code.
More code = higher probability of someone fucking up and coding something badly.

All I'm asking for is proof for the last statement.

you've just added an extra package there bud :|

Neofetch is incredibly bloated, requiring 10 pkgs and 50mb of dependencies to do what screenfetch does in one shell script.

I guess I have never really thought about that since it's always just been one of the things you just "have" to install on a fresh install. Neofetch does seem to have a lot more features in it but I have literally never used pretty much any of them.

all packages:
pacman -Q | wc -l
explicitly installed packages:
pacman -Qe | wc -l

neofetch is bloat and makes you have +1 package installed.

curl raw.githubusercontent.com/KittyKatt/screenFetch/master/screenfetch-dev | bash

I didn't do a research on it, you don't need to do so for every single thing you say.
I believe it's true because it sounds reasonable. If you have more code, there's a higher probability of having a vulnerability because there's a higher probability of someone writing bad code since there is more code to be written badly.

code isn't rng

I know it's not, but it still seems logical just like people aren't RNG but increasing population will probably increase murder rates.

I don't think so. If we're talking about experience then I've yet to see a lone wolf reimplement STL (partially) better than top current implementations. Just as an example, and those are huge codebases.

retard

omg you're so fucking cool fuck my peehole with a glass rod BLOAT MAXED ATTACK SURFACE omg u know so much about hacking my raspberry piehole you're so cool dude holy SHIT

That's because you use a binary distro and not Gentoo, where you can configure neofetch to not use all those dependencies

How is that retarded without the apple shell it's any typical old hardware and linux is in it now instead of macos. You like adding to electronic waste just because there's a damn apple logo on it? It's not like I bought it.

>Using linux because you have a fucking job and aren't some internet hippie

Some people have to actually do work outside of using glibc

And just installed 100 more just to spite you.