What is the oldest piece of technology you use daily?

Attached: explaining_abacus.jpg (505x503, 97K)

the wheel

paper

cotton cloth? wool? wool is probably older

My house, I guess.

I have a floppy disk with songs in it

a CNC lathe from the 80's.

This

Attached: qwe_download.jpg (1280x720, 192K)

penis

A lot of these answers are technically correct but are sort of missing the point of your question. Let's assume we're talking electronics here, because yes, the wheel is technology, it's not what this board and this thread is about and we all know it.

The oldest piece of electronics I use is a ThinkPad X60. It's pretty much my daily driver and is doing fine as that.
The only thing older I could name is my car's computer that does the stuff a 2002 car computer did. Display temperature, fuel usage and stuff.

Ooooh. ELECTRONICS technology.

The wiring in my house.

>The oldest piece of electronics I use is a ThinkPad X60. It's pretty much my daily driver and is doing fine as that.
fucking retarded ass zoomer
i have a freezer that's 40 years old

There's a difference between electrics and electronics.

yeah, electrics is wiring
I hope you're not implying electric home appliances aren't electronics

writing? i think some of these letters are pretty old

I thought the point was more about the age of the piece of tech you are using.
As in if I had a car from the year 2000, I would be using 19 year old tech, not 100 years.

where did you get that?

Depends if there are any parts that actually can interpret an electric signal and make changes in the device's behavior accordingly. I'm pretty sure a 40 year old freezer can't, but a microwave for example relies on it.
That being said, I just assumed OP wanted to know about electronics. Doesn't make any other answer in this thread less viable.

Fire

A gift of the Roman Empire for my undying allegiance

A spoon.

Nope. Not technology. Anything that MAKES fire would be tech though.

>Electronics comprises the physics, engineering, technology and applications that deal with the emission, flow and control of electrons in vacuum and matter.
I think the term you're looking for is "consumer gizmos with CPUs in them."

It's all about the control. Something just using electricity doesn't make it electronic. Only when the operation of a device is controlled by an electric signal, that device is electronic.
Don't mix up electronics (the science) with electronics (as in devices).

brightknowledge.org/engineering/electrical-and-electronic-engineering-what-s-the-difference

The oldest peace of thech you use is your body and its still the most complex around

came here to post this

Fire.
Then I benefit from agriculture when I eat.

but it's wrong. technology is man-made by definition. our bodies are biological machines but they are not technology.

Keyboard
Unix
Headphone jack

Who created the sperm and eggs and put them together??? Proving my point that people are technology

technology is technical knowledge, not a tangible thing

Should've said man-invented. Natural processes don't count. Animals fuck too.

Your mum lmao

It seems that not everyone really agrees on that.

>Technology can be most broadly defined as the entities, both material and immaterial, created by the application of mental and physical effort in order to achieve some value.
I think this summarizes it pretty well though.

>Sister sex is natural

>>Technology can be most broadly defined as the entities, both material and immaterial, created by the application of mental and physical effort in order to achieve some value.
that's wrong though

any sort of sex is natural. nature does gay, nature does incest, nature does corkscrew dicks and literal after-sex cannibalism

I invented a sex machine to give me babies does that count?

Jow Forums

>assuming technology

nothing 10+ years old is worth using, you're just an idiot

yes. but why invent such a thing? i can understand a machine that gives you mindblowing orgasms, but babies?

Attached: barbarella.jpg (720x436, 76K)

It's not natural if it doesn't produce offspring

l2 evolution
l2 mental illness

viable offspring

t. buys a new toilet every year

wrong. gay sex between animals doesn't produce offspring. neither does masturbation. but it happens in nature

How is it wrong though?

bones

because that's not what the word means, it's a colloquialism used by idiots

consumerist drone

"used by idiots" is kinda harsh don't you think? A lot of people do seem to associate the term with tangible things and not all of them are even that stupid.

Technology is the sum of techniques, skills, methods, and processes used in the production of goods or services or in the accomplishment of objectives, such as scientific investigation. Technology can be the knowledge of techniques, processes, and the like, or it can be embedded in machines to allow for operation without detailed knowledge of their workings.

That is pretty much summed up in

fpbp

>"used by idiots" is kinda harsh don't you think?
No
If someone has a shelf full of phones and computers and says "look at all my technology" they're an idiot

You don't seem that bright either to be completely honest.

I think denouncing the niggerization of language is perfectly intelligent

Ok I think you can back off to pol now retard

Lisp.

ur mom

My wife's 40 year-old pussy. It's making baby number 6 as we speak. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

>He doesn't switch his toilets annually
Gross dude

>but it happens in nature
mental illness? yes

evolutionary dead ends is not and cannot be the goal of evolution, it's an obvious aberration

fire

Based

So evolution isn't a scientific process of slow biological engeneiring Ps are you sure it was all natural

1983 hifi

The chances of having a retarded baby increase with age, I wish you luck.

1972 Kenwood KA-2002A as a headphone amp.

Don't most of the world's banks still run on windows 3.1 and old hardware/software?

>windows 3.1
lolno
Plenty of pre-iServer AS/400 machines still in production though.

My Sony hi-fi system is now connected to my PC, working great for more than 15 years. Except one of the cassette decks.

>teleology
>evolution
oh boy, you certainly are retarded aren't you

All signs point to healthy and the last one at 38 is 100% normal, too. You sound like a hater, though. Good luck with that.

My dual sided star wars watch from BK

your mom

walking on two feet

toaster (literal)